Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of War: Hotfix 31.1.2

[DE]Danielle

8 часов назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

So did you, or did you not, finish the mission? They made quite clear that you will now need if you want to remove it from the pool, so if you are not finishing, you are wasting your time and not decreasing your rng at all. 

You are welcome to feel how you wish, but as for an explanation of why they did this: Because abort farming should never be encouraged by the games mechanics, it is bad design, plain and simple. 

You are entitled to your opinion, but facts are this, it isn't about can't, it is about WON'T. 

No mission should ever be designed where abort farming is a good idea, even if it can be. Purposely quitting on missions should not be the advantageous option. I am sorry you find it frustrating they aren't doing what you think they should, but I doubt they are going to do what you are asking. 

Yes i didn't because it was the most efficient way to farm the needed weapon before this update, as i'm sure many people did, because again, why i should waste my time running to evac, waiting for a cinematic while i could be running another mission already? Especially if the weapon generation is RNG. As life goes on i have less and less time to play warframe, so i have to optimize the time i have, and do as much as possible.
"Because abort farming should never be encouraged by the games mechanics, it is bad design, plain and simple."
"No mission should ever be designed where abort farming is a good idea, even if it can be. Purposely quitting on missions should not be the advantageous option."

Why are you telling me this? I'm not a DE developer, tell that to them. These are the most basic of game designs and they can't even get them right, as i mentioned earlier. If abort farming shouldn't be encouraged, then why when you lvl your weapons/frames if you abort the mission, the game saves the raw amount of exp you earned, and not the bonus one? In fact, why does it save that exp at all? Why then by that logic if you waste gear(energy pads, spectres, vault keys) on a mission and abort it, the game doesn't replenish them? You aborted the mission thus you shouldn't earn anything or lose anything, or am i thinking wrong? And, of course, the prime example - back when the liches were introduced you just had to press the interact botton on a larvling to create a lich. Well, guess what? If you accidentally pressed the button, and aborted the mission or exited the game via alt-f4, the game saved your progress and shoved that lich in your face. It works even now. How long it's been since the liches were introduced? More than a year surely, so it's either intention or negligence. It is clear that they have a checkbox system that recognizes and saves your progress whether you completed your mission or not.
"You are entitled to your opinion, but facts are this, it isn't about can't, it is about WON'T."
"I am sorry you find it frustrating they aren't doing what you think they should, but I doubt they are going to do what you are asking."
I made an observation supported by facts, and facts are this - the game either saves progress when it shouldn't or doesn't when it should, thus encouraging the "abort farming", which is as you said bad design, plain and simple. That's what frustrates me - inconsistency in their system. And that means if you abort the mission it should add weapons to the pool, according to the cases i mentioned, or shouldn't even save your progress in the first place.

19 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Nice, but could we get some Yareli buffs, please? Like, why doesn't Merulina have a damage absorption period like Warding Halo, Iron Skin, and Snow Globe all have? Heck, even Molt has one!

I’ve been using Merulina dismount as a free weak Rolling Guard since it has invincible dismount. Remounting immediately with augur style mods also restores some shields.

On some tilesets staying on Merulina isn’t good for movement reasons, so using it for its invuln dismount is what I’ve primarily been using it for. 

Actually, your idea for damage absorption is neat for a secondary reason. If Yareli gets an invincible mounting she can use that to restore  even more shields, possibly gettinh full shield gate and not just partial. I find that aspect extremely enticing. If Yareli can get away with not running Rolling Guard by not subsuming Merulina, she’d save that mod slot to run something cooler. At that point the damage absorb scaling would just be bonus.

Aquablades Augment mitigates Yareli’s issue with Merulina. It’s not the survivability that’s the issue. It’s the offense. A few Yareli users note that the lack of parkour mobility hurts dps because you can’t get into optimal positions to get good shots with, which slows the rate you kill things. Yareli ends up having to use constant CC to mitigate this, but not having Aim Glide is a lot more painful than people realize, especially when you can’t just duck for cover on demand.

On release, I ran into a Merulina bug that let me do Parkour while on it, retaining k-drive slippery physics. Goodness, I felt invincible. Having Aim Glide on Merulina and being able to bullet Jump onto a grind was incredible. It persisted into a deimos vault where the control felt even better. (Edit: Yes wall sprint and wall latch was a thing. I just pretended it was a tony hawk style wall ride)

But the bug eventually soft locked me and when I died and came back, I couldn’t replicate the bug. It felt so good, I want it back.

If I may so bold as to suggest making the remaining kuva weapon pool visible to players. You already have a Kuva Lich section in the Codex for killed, converted, and traded. I don't think it would be difficult to add a 4th tab called "Available weapons" for all the remaining kuva weapons not having been refused. Broadly I ignore kuva larvlings unless I specifically want to create a Lich. I do not check them doing fissures, or the sortie, or wherever else they may appear. Having the list visible to know what I'm getting into would be greatly appreciated, especially if I incidentally ignored the weapon I ended up wanting at a later date. In the latter example I would also like a button in the list to manually reset the weapon pool.

43 minutes ago, Azimbee said:

I’ve been using Merulina dismount as a free weak Rolling Guard since it has invincible dismount. (...) using it for its invuln dismount is what I’ve primarily been using it for. 

It speaks for how poor Merulina is when there's people using it primarily as a weaker Rolling Guard.

45 minutes ago, Azimbee said:

Aquablades Augment mitigates Yareli’s issue with Merulina. It’s not the survivability that’s the issue. It’s the offense. A few Yareli users note that the lack of parkour mobility hurts dps because you can’t get into optimal positions to get good shots with, which slows the rate you kill things.

Except it doesn't, provably from your description. You still need to shoot the Aquablade, so you still have the exact same problem, but now it takes up a mod slot as well.

Can the new Polychrome menu be looked at (or really just reverted).

The new version takes up waaay too much space and gives less information when first opening it up.

Just revert it to the more compact version from before, it was far more useful to see all the colors without the need to scroll.

This new iteration is only made worse when you add in the inability to sort, search, or even favorite any of the colors.

This is just a change for the sake of changing it and it is neither better in form or function.

There's still the issue with lighting in general not properly loading in, and when the lighting does finally change, it is a sudden "pop in".

Still listing owned decorations in traders wares, when those decorations are used as decorations in orbiter!!!

Edit: I meant when I select to hide owned items, those items which are used as decorations are still showing up and are not hidden

On 2022-02-10 at 9:28 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed DirectX 11 detection issues for systems that have managed to avoid an Update for Windows 7 released on February 26, 2013.

• We strongly encourage you to run Windows Update when you can, to avoid strange problems and security vulnerabilities on your PC!

Please specify which update/KB so I can validate if I trust it enough.

9 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Except it doesn't, provably from your description. You still need to shoot the Aquablade, so you still have the exact same problem, but now it takes up a mod slot as well.

I said mitigate, it doesn't solve the problem. It is nice to have an infinitebody punchthrough super-bleed thick projectile that's spammable while on Merulina. It ensures that regardless of enemy level, things die in a timely manner while on Meru with a viral secondary primer. However, the lack of proper positioning speed, especially vertically, really hurts its kps support.

But yeh, its damage mitigation is mostly fine. It's just you're going to be soaking a lot of unnecessary damage, which defeats the point somewhat. With enough CC and kills, you notice it less, but when things take just a bit too long to be stopped, you really feel it.

In Plains, at night, on DX12 enhanced mode, I see texture popping when quickscoping with any sniper scope. Let's say Rubico, if you quickscope, distant textures and shadows have a delay to load if you are further away from those objects. Example: perimeter "wall", if you are around 100m or so away, ans come out of the 5.0x scope wall textures are delayed, same as cloud shadows on the ground or any other shadows. Any objects or shadows in close proximity have no delay.

System:

AMD 5950x

radeon 6900xt

32GB 3600Mhz ram

nvme SSD

On 2022-02-10 at 2:28 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

"Fixed multiple holstered weapons (specifically Staff, Tonfa, and Sword and Shield holsters) clipping through Hildryn’s Einheri Skin. "

But when are we going to fix Tonfa Holsters clipping through pretty much every Warframe at their default settings? They're impossible to align symmetrically, too. This has been a minor issue for a very long time, and I'm sure there's plenty of documentation on it.

Hi DE,

As per my post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1298151-the-new-war-hotfix-31011/?do=findComment&comment=12423242

And inital post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1297649-the-new-war-hotfix-31010/?do=findComment&comment=12418812

I think calibans first ability could use some fixing where by instead of items such as energy orbs or credits getting stuck to him when the ability is active and being prevented from being  picked up until after its not active.

It simply should be when the ability is active nothing gets stuck to him and is still prevented from picking up items until the ability is no longer in use. That way it looks less annoying with him looking like he has merged with items.

For the good of everyones sanity PLEASE PLEASE fix his first ability. Thank you in advance.

Darkestwrath

Ps.

Going to keep requesting this till it happens.

There is a delay between console hacking and door opening in Railjack Spy missions. Sometimes moving away from the door helps. After successful hacking door shows up as non active at all. This is very annoying for us, who are using invisibility after hacking to retrieve the info

12 hours ago, muziqaz said:

There is a delay between console hacking and door opening in Railjack Spy missions. Sometimes moving away from the door helps. After successful hacking door shows up as non active at all. This is very annoying for us, who are using invisibility after hacking to retrieve the info

Are you the host or client, I get that same exact thing when the mate hosts regardless of the mission, the doors wont open straight up like when I'm the host and yes I also need to step away from the door for it to open, only as client though.  :facepalm:

En 10/2/2022 a las 16:35, CircusOwner dijo:

Why Yareli can't use helminth skills on merulina?

because merulina is what you would subsume

1st ability has useful crowd control

3rd has a bit of damage

4th could be replaced too, but it does a bit of damage and crowd control (i won't say it gather enemies because the get launched when the cast ends)

and you would pretty much use any other warframe before her

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-14 at 2:36 AM, Slayer-. said:

Are you the host or client, I get that same exact thing when the mate hosts regardless of the mission, the doors wont open straight up like when I'm the host and yes I also need to step away from the door for it to open, only as client though.  :facepalm:

I don't believe I was a host. However, I only get this behaviour in RailJack. Don't remember ever getting this in other missions, even when Host is on Mars with 2hour ping

On 2022-02-26 at 7:05 AM, muziqaz said:

I don't believe I was a host. However, I only get this behaviour in RailJack. Don't remember ever getting this in other missions, even when Host is on Mars with 2hour ping

At least it's only in Railjack, when the mate hosts it's everywhere, gence why I host most of the time. :laugh:

Archived