Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace is super buggy and needs a PvP rework/ removal

-Gwanox

I barely post (if I ever post) something on those forums, but after reading this topic, decided to add something about it. Cause the subject is OLD.

Since The Old Blood update (aka melee 3.0), Telos Boltace, of ALL melee weapons, makes every player ragdoll and become defenseless. I even made a video about it back in December 2019. It is FRICKING 2022 already. Pretty sure people don't expect too much about pvp (if not at all), but this small issue is 2 years old already.

What is DE's answer about it? Well, December 19th 2020 (1 year later), Steve answer a question about Telos Boltace getting fixed on conclave, BY PINGING THE APPROPRIATED PERSON. Guess this person did a great job, after all... If the person got pinged to begin with.

Video with Steve's clip saying it loud and clear (2 years ago btw): https://youtu.be/F1olAfCBio8

Some people just stop playing Warframe because of the legit SICKNESS from waiting PvP to have some minor quality of life changes. This kind of waiting also affects PvE experience, one way or another.

What if another broken weapon gets on the loose? PvP players will have to wait another 3 years for the appropriated team/person to do something about it?

Just to add, I believe the ragdoll passive started affecting Warframes in PvP after introduction of Nemesis enemies.
If my memory is correct, they can pick up and throw Warframes/Players in Ragdoll state. Telos Boltace could be sharing this ragdoll ability unintentionally. Could be a 1-0 switch for Warframe Ragdoll being set to 1 for Nemesis Ragdoll ability which is now also applying to Telos Boltace.

Loxyen also made a detailed post on it in January 2020

Whatever the cause, it's always easier to remove the weapon from conclave. Many weapons have been removed for less "imbalance" issues. Surely they can do the same for Telos Boltace.

46 minutes ago, BricK.Shooter said:

What is DE's answer about it? Well, December 19th 2020 (1 year later), Steve answer a question about Telos Boltace getting fixed on conclave, BY PINGING THE APPROPRIATED PERSON. Guess this person did a great job, after all... If the person got pinged to begin with.

Video with Steve's clip saying it loud and clear (2 years ago btw): https://youtu.be/F1olAfCBio8

Cc:

@[DE]Steve @[DE]Rebecca@[DE]Megan @[DE]Momaw @[DE]Danielle

I hope to have pinged "the appropriate person" Steve talked about, or at least someone with knowledge of who this "appropriate person" is.

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. If they cared they would have done something about it.

They don't care. I'm not being flippant, people have been complaining about this for years and years and they haven't done anything.

My advice is to get used to it or don't play 🙁 .

11 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

sadly the latter is the common go to for many since you can do only so much against its severity in being a game breaking exploit

auto block and shield gating make it way harder to get players who use these exploits down since they can tank enormous dps without even knowing about it

On 2022-02-11 at 1:33 AM, SpringRocker said:

This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. If they cared they would have done something about it.

They don't care. I'm not being flippant, people have been complaining about this for years and years and they haven't done anything.

We don't stop trying to get changes just because they don't care. Its obvious DE doesn't care. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. We keep pushing them to fix things either way because we care.

One part of this problem is not even just a PvP issue. No matter how you slice it, it's just a bad look, and it's been in the game for years. And even if we overlook all the bugs it causes it really makes no sense to have this in a game mode where otherwise the biggest CC on a weapon is a (sped-up) knockdown.

You people have developed PvP games in the past. But nowadays threads which describe legitimate problems in detail simply get locked, pretending it's not broken. What happened to this studio?

And as mentioned, the same bugs are possible in PvE:

pve1.webp

If this happens in that spot, then you're trapped in that compartment:

Spoiler

pve2.webp

pve3.webp

Links to full clips:

Yes I almost never do public matches because of this. There is seriously no reason to keep it in conclave unless the idea is to get what is left of the community to leave so they can delete Conclave entirely.

I heard rumors there's not even anyone working on it anymore, they got pulled for RJ.

The saying is "The buck stops here." @[DE]Steve 

Archived