Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YandereSamantha

[Concept] Dual Corpus Boss: Sera Vidar, The Oracle + Silvestris [Update: Added Silvestris' Info And Role]

EDIT: REVAMP/OVERHAUL ONGOING

So there's been a discussion about having female Corpus bosses and this idea popped in my head.

RlxpTbF.png

GENERAL STATISTICS:

Faction: Corpus
Planet: ???
Mission: ???

SERA VIDAR, THE ORACLE

STATS

Base stats:

Flesh: 1000 (low for boss standards)
Ferrite Armor: 150 (low for boss standards)
Proto Shield: 5000 (high for boss standards)

Her stats scale to the cell's average Conclave rating:

0-375: base stats
376-750: +50% of base stats:
Flesh: 1500
Ferrite Armor: 225
Proto Shield: 7500
751-1125: + additional 25%
Flesh: 1875
Ferrite Armor: 280 (tweaked)
Proto Shield: 9375
1126-1500: + another additional 10% (approximately)
Flesh: 2060 (tweaked)
Ferrite Armor: 310 (tweaked)
Proto Shield: 10300 (tweaked)

Thus, if there are four players, and their ratings are 500, 600, 900 and 1200, their average rating is 800. Following the scaling, Oracle's stats would be 1875 Flesh, 280 Ferrite Armor and 9375 Proto Shield.

Oracle will receive a 20% boost to her shields on phase 3.

If the scaling seems off or if it makes her OP or too weak, please let me know.

WEAPONS AND ABILITIES

Weapons:

Dual Whips - Capable of dealing Magnetic procs. Her only handheld weapons. Has a wide range.

Claws - Similar to, but still distinct from Valkyr's claws. Appears to be attached at the end of her fingers. Visible only once Silvestris had fused with her armor.

Abilities/Skills:

Teleport - Teleports away when enemies get too close, and teleports enemies towards her if they move too far away.

Slow - AoE slam attack that can slow down players within a certain range. Classified as Cold Damage.

Hover - Her shoes allows her to hover a few inches above the ground. Oracle uses it to glide around the arena. Can propel her towards or away enemies.

Acrobatics and Hand-to-hand Combat - Reserved for her boss fight's final phase. Combined with her Hover ability, she can move at lightning speed during the third phase of combat.

Foresight - Though not utilized in battle, Oracle can see the most probable future for a certain scenario. Her predictions aren't 100% accurate.

CHARACTER LINES

I knew you were coming [insert player name], I knew for some time. - suggested by KARMA2605

IF YOU SIDED WITH THE CORPUS MORE DURING INVASIONS:

Phase 1:

Tenno, you need to be enlightened. Come, join us. Join the Corpus.

The blasphemous lies the Lotus once fed me are purged from my system. Come Tenno, let me do so to you.

We are more alike than you think, [player name]. Come with me and let me prove it to you.

[player name], please, don't force me to blow you to bits. I really don't want our partnership to end. -chuckle-

Disobeying the Lotus allowed me to feel the things the Tenno weren't allowed to. Come with me and I'll give you a... demonstration.

I can see your demise in the near future, [player name]. You can still avoid this if you come with me.

Phase 2:

So... you want to play with me? -chuckle- I do need a good use to these whips I have over here...

Is there anything I can do to change your mind? Perhaps a few thousand platinum? -chuckle-

Now, now, play nice. You don't want to anger me now, right, cupcake?

I really don't want to fight a potential partner such as yourself, [player name]. Can't we all just get along?

You wouldn't hurt a delicate, fragile woman and her adorable little pet, now, wouldn't you?

The future is in my hands, and it will be also yours if you come with me, Tenno.

IF YOU SIDED WITH THE GRINEER MORE IN INVASIONS:

Phase 1:

Didn't you know the consequences of your actions when you sided with those clones?! 

Willing to sacrifice millions of innocent lives for a few. Shame on you, [player name].

Look around you Tenno. Civilian colonies were enslaved thanks to your support. Trust me, you'll realize the error of your ways soon.

Our employees only wanted a bright future for themselves and their families. And you slayed them. Their blood is on your hands, [player name].

You're no different from the Grineer. You're just a slobbering dog in my eyes.

Phase 2:

My whip stings more than a Grineer's hook. - suggested by Siviltha

I am not very happy on how you've used your [Warframe] Warframe in such a horrible way. This should be easy. - suggested by Siviltha

Shame how you'd let yourself be tamed by unworthy ones like the Lotus. Be your own person Tenno. It's not too late to turn back.

Is this what that eyeless succubus taught you? Gang up on people who work to protect those who can't protect themselves? Tch. Disgusting.

I can see all [player name], and I can see your demise.

Phase 3: REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU SIDED WITH:

Your time is up [player name], it's time for your awakening. - suggested by Siviltha

Alad V will reward me nicely if I present your shiny metal corpse for his research... I wonder what will my reward be... -cackles-

So you'll just follow the Lotus like slobbering dogs? Very well. You're all spineless!

No one who is unworthy can tame me. Not the Corpus Board, not the Lotus, not even you, [player name]!

I've seen the best you can do - I know that it is not enough to defeat me! - suggested by KARMA2605

Oh I will have fun tearing you apart; limb by limb!

I will paint the walls with your blood!

MISCELLANEOUS LINES:

Silvy, come here! - calling her pet

Silvy, good boy, come to mommy! - calling her pet

Babyyyy, mommy needs help with this one! - instructing her pet to latch on to a player

Eugghh! You keep that mangy beast away from my precious Silvetris, Tenno! - when you bring a Kubrow to the mission, suggested by ParadoxBomb

You enjoy this, don't you? - when a Tenno gets repeatedly whipped

Hold still you useless piece of metal! - when a Tenno repeatedly evades her whip attacks

Will you die already?! - randomly during phase three

LOTUS' LINES

The Oracle used to be a valuable ally, but she turned against us and joined the Corpus. We cannot let her live. Find her.

We suspect the Oracle infused Warframe tech with standard Corpus technology. Do not underestimate her.

The Oracle is well-respected in this area, so expect the Corpus and their robot proxies to defend her.

LORE

Character Background:

Oracle was rumored to be a once noble Tenno, or a human exposed to the Void, under the name of Persefona. However, at the time of the Collapse, she defected from the Lotus, along with the others who rebelled against her rule and stayed true to the Orokin Emperors. After the Collapse, she went into cryosleep, important memories locked within her psyche, until she was found by the Corpus. Accused of being a Betrayer, she was sentenced to death, but after several pleas, she was allowed to live, under the condition that she will abandon her frame and support the Corpus' cult-like practices by working as a researcher and predicting the future for them, under the name of Sera Vidar. She complied willingly, but there are moments when she is induced to have visions by being drugged. After an indefinite period of time, she had regained pieces of her memory, and she had gained influence among the Corpus, but had no real power over them due to her lack of position in their ranks. After being exposed by a fellow researcher to the Tenno, the facility she was working in was attacked, but Sera survived the onslaught when Alad V's Zanuka Hunter retrieved her, barely breathing. Sera lost her patience with the Board when they used her designs without crediting her after they thought she's already dead. Despite this, she returned to them, and was given the position of an adviser as compensation for using her work. However, little did they know, she came back in order to spy on them, under Alad V's command.

Appearance:
Oracle resembles a young woman with energy scars and customary Corpus markings on her face. Due to her exposure to the void, she was left with nasty scars.

Personality:
Oracle is stubborn, desperate to be independent, but fails miserably at it. She's very obsessive in many different ways; obsessive of her job, her goal, the person she loves, finding out about the missing pieces of her past, etc. She's generally polite and diplomatic, and tries to avoid conflict, but when she snaps all goes downhill, due to the fact that she tends to be driven by her intuition and emotion, not her logic. Despite being headstrong, she has a soft side. She values her employees, and she cringes when they get killed by the Tenno and/or the Grineer, despite being "disposable". She's affectionate for the ones she loves or care for, and will try to listen to them. She's willing to be submissive for them, and will do anything they want her to do.

Trivia:
- Her name as a Tenno was Persefona. Whether she had a last name is still unknown.
- Some still refer to her as Oracle even outside of temple grounds.
- She appears to be in her early to mid twenties. Her chronological age is unknown.
- Oracle's health and abilities scales with a cell's average Conclave rating.

Character Relationships:
- Like all hostile NPCs, she despises Lotus.
- Alad V's right-hand woman/assistant. Rumored to have deeper relations

-looking at the guys on tumblr-

- Dislikes the Corpus Board in general.
- Spies and gathers intel on enemy factions, Infestation included, for research purposes.

- Shares a few traits with the Stalker:

- Both were once affiliated with the Tenno
- Both are hostile to Tenno

SILVESTRIS

STATS

Base stats:

Robotic: 750

Proto Shield: 5000

Alloy Armor: 10

*Scales similarly to its master. See Oracle's stats for further details.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES

Plasma Bomb - Launches a ball of plasma that detonates and deals AoE Blast Damage, humorously similar on how a modern-day feline expels a hairball.

Cling - Silvestris will latch on to a Tenno's helmet, gradually draining their energy. Can be stopped by rolling.

Disrupt - Resonates magnetic vibrations that disrupts player HUD when in range.

LORE

Origins:

Silvestris is a creation of Sera Vidar, originally intended as a robotic pet and memory bank. However, after being nearly destroyed during a Tenno onslaught, its master opted to outfit her pet with weaponry. Despite this, it remained to be the Oracle's affectionate companion, and would often play with her employees, and their children.

Appearance:

Silvestris is a purple and black robotic feline. Its mistress intended to reference her design to the Orokin Cat statues.

Behavior:

In battle, Silvestris will fight side by side with its mistress, and is fierce when facing the Tenno. It will latch on to their helmets, distract them, and the like. Outside of battle, however, Silvestris is affectionate and clingy, very possessive of its mistress. It hates being scolded. This is all due to its advanced AI, designed and scripted by Sera herself.

Trivia:

- Silvestris is a specie of feline. It comes from the Wildcat's scientific name, Felis silvestris.

- Its head design is an obvious reference to the Orokin Cat Statues that appears in the game as Easter eggs.

BOSS FIGHT PHASES

Phase 1: Like most boss fights, the Tenno must maneuver their way into the boss arena. However, Oracle will try to eliminate the Tenno before even reaching her through plasma cannons strewn all over the area. The Tenno must destroy all five before gaining access into the arena.

Phase 2: When the Tenno reaches the arena, the boss animation will play, and they will have to face Oracle with her robotic pet Silvestris. She will mostly use her whips and Silvestris will fight with her side by side, occasionally firing plasma shots that deals Blast Damage to Tenno and clinging on to their helmets to stagger/blind them.

Phase 3: Once Silvestris deals enough damage, it will latch on to its mistress' armor, boosting her speed and shields and acts as a power supply. Oracle will abandon her whips and will go full berserk.

*Old art can be found on my Photobucket and/or Imgur

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Feedback is appreciated!

have you ever gotten a vague feeling thats just generally telling you to to choose one side of an argument? i dont know what it is yet but i just dont like it O.o, though your art isnt that bad shouldnt sell yourself short since most of us cant get past stick figures lol.. but yea i think its the lore but i cant put my finger on why i dislike it

edit: also random nipples just noticed

have you ever gotten a vague feeling thats just generally telling you to to choose one side of an argument? i dont know what it is yet but i just dont like it O.o, though your art isnt that bad shouldnt sell yourself short since most of us cant get past stick figures lol.. but yea i think its the lore but i cant put my finger on why i dislike it

edit: also random nipples just noticed

Well, I really can't impress everyone, but thanks for the feedback though.

Lel, I don't know why I drew that. Will remove it later if something bad happens~

Hmmm, hard to picture her in a story. huehuehuehuehue

Yes >:3

make her Alad's assistant and I'll believe it ;o

Oh boy .w. Well... we could do that.

Screw this. She's Alad's assistant now.

EDIT: Done. .////.

i like the idea. Must be a quite a hard boss and i like that lol.

The picture is good, most of us can't even properly draw humans figure lol

But i wish she would be a tenno, not enemy :D

Wrong color scheme

If you notice... as shown in the PS4 teaser Corpus suits are multi-colored .w.

warframeranger_zps278654e1.jpg

F@#$ YEAH PROFIT RANGERS

i like the idea. Must be a quite a hard boss and i like that lol.

The picture is good, most of us can't even properly draw humans figure lol

But i wish she would be a tenno, not enemy :D

Heh, thanks c:

Watch out for those pointy bits.

somehow she reminds me of Stella from Daft Punk's discovery album

octave-stella.jpg

The best part of the package above is the outline of the combat. It's rather well thought out I think, I can certainly imagine how it all would look and feel fighting her, which is awesome from just an outline. I think the weakest bits you also recognize as what needs the most tweaking, the backstory/lore of the character herself. The thing is however, many of the characters in game now lack that exact bit as well, so she should fit right in.

All in all, awesome job. I think if there were more existing sanctioned lore from DE to draw on, it would be easier to fill in the missing bits from the backstory here as well. Anyway, if this were added to the game I would definitely look forward to the encounter with this character. She fills in a missing bit to the Corpus culture, a snapshot of what makes their culture alluring to some in the solar system.

Watch out for those pointy bits.

somehow she reminds me of Stella from Daft Punk's discovery album

octave-stella.jpg

It was unintentional, but I'm a huge Daft Punk fan, though I'm slightly new. x3

The best part of the package above is the outline of the combat. It's rather well thought out I think, I can certainly imagine how it all would look and feel fighting her, which is awesome from just an outline. I think the weakest bits you also recognize as what needs the most tweaking, the backstory/lore of the character herself. The thing is however, many of the characters in game now lack that exact bit as well, so she should fit right in.

All in all, awesome job. I think if there were more existing sanctioned lore from DE to draw on, it would be easier to fill in the missing bits from the backstory here as well. Anyway, if this were added to the game I would definitely look forward to the encounter with this character. She fills in a missing bit to the Corpus culture, a snapshot of what makes their culture alluring to some in the solar system.

-squeak- Thank you :D And yes, I had trouble with the lore because there is little lore in the game itself. Hopefully I can tweak that when the Codex system comes out.

Ignoring the design, lore and whatever and just focusing on the gameplay....She seems REALLY generic. What you described was basically a Stalker with Golem/Ambulas annoying-&#! unavoidable pull-spam and some re-skinned weapons, and Vor teleportation except with Wormholes so you even know where she's going because you can see the holes. There's no new mechanics being introduced here.

Every good boss needs a unique gimmick, something that makes them stand-out and be memorable. Taking some of the "re-made" bosses as examples. Vor has his constant teleportation (though he doesn't do so smoothly enough); Kril (in Phase 1) requires understanding his attack patterns and baiting him into revealing his back weakspot (if you're on solo at least); Lephantis has multiple enemies (in the form of 3 seperately attacking heads) at once. While not done to their full potential, each of these 3 re-made bosses have their own unique mechanics that you have to learn, understand, and conquer. What does the Oracle have other than just "blast endlessly with everything you have while sprinting to dodge shots" as a strategy against her?

I honestly don't know what to suggest on improving the concept. Not exactly a fan of "enemy" Tenno like the Stalker, as they heavily limit creativity. Also your art isn't crap, it's adequate for something like this.

Ignoring the design, lore and whatever and just focusing on the gameplay....She seems REALLY generic. What you described was basically a Stalker with Golem/Ambulas annoying-&#! unavoidable pull-spam and some re-skinned weapons, and Vor teleportation except with Wormholes so you even know where she's going because you can see the holes. There's no new mechanics being introduced here.

Every good boss needs a unique gimmick, something that makes them stand-out and be memorable. Taking some of the "re-made" bosses as examples. Vor has his constant teleportation (though he doesn't do so smoothly enough); Kril (in Phase 1) requires understanding his attack patterns and baiting him into revealing his back weakspot (if you're on solo at least); Lephantis has multiple enemies (in the form of 3 seperately attacking heads) at once. While not done to their full potential, each of these 3 re-made bosses have their own unique mechanics that you have to learn, understand, and conquer. What does the Oracle have other than just "blast endlessly with everything you have while sprinting to dodge shots" as a strategy against her?

I honestly don't know what to suggest on improving the concept. Not exactly a fan of "enemy" Tenno like the Stalker, as they heavily limit creativity. Also your art isn't crap, it's adequate for something like this.

Wow, thanks for the feedback ;w; Perhaps I'll rework her gameplay part when I get the ideas or new concepts are introduced in the game.

And thanks C:

P.S. She's meant to be fought from a distance so I placed Pull in there xD I need to clarify it's range...

"Now, now, play nice. You don't want to anger me now, right, *sarcastically* cupcake?"

OMG, I'd be all totally "I'm gonna kill...cupcake?  Yes please!", completely distracted.  The whole "Well, I think that...look at the kitty!" syndrome.

Seriously though, great work.  I really like the concept of her being an ex-Tenno, though that possible paints the Devs into a corner regarding the Tenno and what they are if they chose to use this.  Perhaps a consort of Lotus' instead?  Which brings me to my next point - love the name The Oracle, but why no lore/abilities focusing on what an oracle would be?  Honestly, make her a Seer of the Future - maybe why her and Lotus were partners or whatever.

"I knew you were coming [insert player's name], I've known for some time."

"I've seen the best you can do - I know that it is not enough to defeat me."

Perhaps while she struggled with capture at first (and why wouldn't the Corpus want to get their hands on someone who could predict the future? profit off of anticipating trading trends and patterns? yes please), she eventually has a vision that leads to her to accept her fate and join the Corpus.  It would even be amazing if upon her defeat she had some kind of line like:

"I...I have beaten...but the visions...maybe the future is not written in stone."

The idea of having escape mechanisms like Wormhole work perfectly... she sees what you're about to do and escapes.  It could really work well.  Again, very nice.

"Now, now, play nice. You don't want to anger me now, right, *sarcastically* cupcake?"

OMG, I'd be all totally "I'm gonna kill...cupcake?  Yes please!", completely distracted.  The whole "Well, I think that...look at the kitty!" syndrome.

Seriously though, great work.  I really like the concept of her being an ex-Tenno, though that possible paints the Devs into a corner regarding the Tenno and what they are if they chose to use this.  Perhaps a consort of Lotus' instead?  Which brings me to my next point - love the name The Oracle, but why no lore/abilities focusing on what an oracle would be?  Honestly, make her a Seer of the Future - maybe why her and Lotus were partners or whatever.

"I knew you were coming [insert player's name], I've known for some time."

"I've seen the best you can do - I know that it is not enough to defeat me."

Perhaps while she struggled with capture at first (and why wouldn't the Corpus want to get their hands on someone who could predict the future? profit off of anticipating trading trends and patterns? yes please), she eventually has a vision that leads to her to accept her fate and join the Corpus.  It would even be amazing if upon her defeat she had some kind of line like:

"I...I have beaten...but the visions...maybe the future is not written in stone."

The idea of having escape mechanisms like Wormhole work perfectly... she sees what you're about to do and escapes.  It could really work well.  Again, very nice.

Thanks! And wow, these are all freakin' awesome, and OMG THOSE LINES. The idea of her being a clairvoyant is nice, though I don't know how to incorporate well... perhaps it's just one of the Corpus' fanaticism?

Shiz, I suddenly remembered Tsubaki Kasugano from Mirai Nikki... ;w; and also Zafina from Tekken

The idea of her being a clairvoyant is nice, though I don't know how to incorporate well... perhaps it's just one of the Corpus' fanaticism?

Like I said, her being a literal visionary would be a great way for any Corpus to make serious profit - I mean she likely had the choice of being locked in a room and chained up, then having members of the Board come and consult her from time to time or simply joining them mind, body, and soul so as to live some kind of life.  Again, she could have had some kind of vision foretelling her future if she did/didn't join the Corpus.  Get really deep: her vision was of a long life of pain and torment, yet if she joined the Corpus she knew Lotus would send the Tenno for her sooner rather than later and chose that more noble of deaths. <shivers>

Like I said, her being a literal visionary would be a great way for any Corpus to make serious profit - I mean she likely had the choice of being locked in a room and chained up, then having members of the Board come and consult her from time to time or simply joining them mind, body, and soul so as to live some kind of life.  Again, she could have had some kind of vision foretelling her future if she did/didn't join the Corpus.  Get really deep: her vision was of a long life of pain and torment, yet if she joined the Corpus she knew Lotus would send the Tenno for her sooner rather than later and chose that more noble of deaths. <shivers>

I'll go get some sleep and try to work this out. Gosh I'm excited \;w;/

P.S. Sorry for the double post guys.

I think you need some more kinky dominatrix striptastic resourceful gameplay with that whip of hers.

Instead of making her use pull, why not make her use her whip to do a two part attack? She applies an electric charge and penetrates smacks players with that long electric dildo whip of hers. This momentarily stuns the player and then the Oracle readys up for a lasso grab. Players who are stunned have the press the roll button quickly to avoid this grab.

I think she should use her whip either in melee engagements (has a long range and decent damage), as well as for the majority of her powers.

I'll post more of my sex-induced ideas when you flesh out your idea a bit more.

Oh, and I like them pointy bits on your art, +100