Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does This Mod "puncture" Do?

Notso

Question

11 answers to this question

As per the wiki:

"Bullets go through walls, objects or enemies. The value represents the distance [in meters] the bullets can penetrate."

All in all, a very nice mod for shotguns, in my opinion, 'though not much use for other types of guns.

So if it says "+2.5" does that mean it can travel through 2.5 meters' worth of hitbox, or it travels 2.5 meters further after it hits the first person?

It can pierce through 2.5 meters of an object or person before it's stopped. If you try to shoot through a 3 meter thick wall, the shot won't pierce it, but if it's a <2.5 meters thick wall, the shot will pierce it and keep going as it normally would.

All in all, a very nice mod for shotguns, in my opinion, 'though not much use for other types of guns.

Puncture is great for any weapon. I have a 9.9 puncture in my vandal with the rest multishot. I can just mow down groups of enemies easy, and unlike shotguns, can be done from a safe distance, also awesome for hitting those pesty mobs that want to hide in a wall or behind cover from 194013 feet away.

for some reason it doesn't work on the xini def doors when mobs get stuck... it's still supposed to display damage values... right?

It just worked for me today.

I found a toxic that was scared and didnt want to leave the room.

And sometimes there's a bug that it wont display damage from the first mob it hits.