Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Vs Flux Rifle

Burufokkusu

Question

20 answers to this question

Flux 4 life.

Of course if you're Rank 6 you can have it, lol. If you're not, go ahead with Dera if you want... But there are other good weapon, I don't really like der but that's your choice...

Other nice guns are Dread, Paris Prime, Braton Prime, HEK, Soma, etc...

Dera and Flux Rifle are pretty good for overall performance in the game, in general. Flux has greater range than Synapse seemingly, and its serrated blade damage makes it useful with the current armor system, especially against high level enemies.

Synapse takes much more time and forma to really shine outside of Corpus IMO. Even then, the Flux may do a better overall job.

Edited by Casardis

Having both Flux Rifle and Synapse, I have to favor Synapse. 

Stick some critical mods along with elemental damage based on who you fight, and you have a monster in your hands. 

Doesn't mean that Flux is significantly worst, but I mostly use my Synapse out of preference. Flux however I use a lot when farming stuff in survival (chopping mook in two gives two Desecrate by dead mook).  

EDIT: ^ Nope, you can't. Annoying, really.

Edited by Kinperor

Even without Electric Shield Synapse is beating Flux by a lot in the Kril benchmark thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89592-unofficial-weapon-benchmark/

Time to kill (TTK) for bosses are examples that cannot be solely be used to compare weaponry. Remember, the sniper rifles have a high TTK thanks to the higher damage per hit advantage. Not only that, but bosses also have their own faction-specific resistances/weaknesses. Finally, lag and the effectiveness of a weapon's build must also be considered.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Even without Electric Shield Synapse is beating Flux by a lot in the Kril benchmark thread.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/89592-unofficial-weapon-benchmark/

By what is shown there, the Flux has one less Forma than the Synapse, giving it a major disadvantage.

There's no question that both weapons are good, but the basics for each are: Synapse= Corpus, Flux= Everything else

Time to kill (TTK) for bosses are examples that cannot be solely be used to compare weaponry. Remember, the sniper rifles have a high TTK thanks to the higher damage per hit advantage. Not only that, but bosses also have their own faction-specific resistances/weaknesses. Finally, lag and the effectiveness of a weapon's build must also be considered.

Basically, this.

I have both. Here stats with some mods.

My flux:

700 dmg

2|5% crit damage|chance

Synapse:

436 dmg

4.4|112.5% crit damage|chance (so it crits all the time => 1918 overall damage)

Both not formad but with potato. No corrupted mods.

So it's 1918 vs 700. Plus volt shield makes all the crits red crits, but yet without it synapse has almost 3 times more dps than flux rifle. It also stuns enemies instead of staggering. Easier to keep sustained damage. 

But. My canmate with a few times formad flux outdpses me anyway. Also fieldrons much easier to farm and you need only one forma to build it.

I have the Synapse and HAD the flux rifle to me synapse is way better. I favor the Synapse not because it looks awesome(that is a bonus xD) but because of it's high critical chance and its already electrical damage feature. Yes it has a 5m shorter range than the Flux rifle but Critical damage or 5m more range? to me if you are really wanting that range build a Nova or Loki or a Volt(prefect frame for this weapon). With the right modding which is not that hard(lots of videos on how to mod it) it becomes a fun weapon(also makes awesome sounds). To me Flux rifle is a waste of resources that shoots a small laser beam as enemies while the mighty Synapse shoots lightning furiously at its prey. 

Hope this helped

Have both. Frankly, don't care that much for either one. Range limitations usually mean I use something else, depending on circumstances.

Synapse clearly is more powerful, but the flux does have a fun factor that can't be denied.

Kind of depends what you want. Cutting things in half with a laser beam, or innate elemental damage and potentially more effective at extreme levels.