Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Choice End Date + The Future of Nightwave!

[DE]Zach

3 minutes ago, Crevab said:

Kinda mind-boggling that when creating something similar to a seasonal battlepass, no one at DE stopped to say "How long did this take to put together? Can we keep that up?"

They committed the same mistake they made with Sortie seasons. Seasoned (haha pun) veterans saw Nightwave inevitably going the same route and outlined this problem since the very first Nightwave season. What's mind-boggling is how many years it is taking for them to realize this fate.

46 minutes ago, Ionenschatten said:

Convert 10 Riven Slivers into a Riven Mod.

How do you even get these? All I've gotten them from is Kuva mods where they're trash and you get only one and rarely railjack where you also only get one as a troll reward instead of a Sevagoth part, haha.

They also drop from eximus units in Steel Path.

2 minutes ago, Rotorom said:

When you say it ends on March 13 do you mean March 13, 2022 11:59 EST; March 13, 2022 0:00 UTC; or March 14, 2022 0:00 UTC?

March 14th 00:00 UTC (i.e. one second after March 13th 23:59 UTC). All the past nightwaves ended like that.

I'm not looking forward to a lot of these new dailies/weeklies.  They seem to require intentional farming and/or deviation from how most people play (like reviving someone - most people just instantly consume a revive and don't allow them to be revived by anyone else, so you'd likely have to have a friend intentionally down themselves and allow you to res them in order to clear it reliably - as just one example).

I hope y'all workshop some or most of these before actually deploying them.

Not a fan of the Riven Slivers challenge. For people like me who play SP on the daily it’s not a problem due to stockpile, but any other form of getting them takes way too long. 

Simply obtaining a riven mod would be a simpler goal, though honestly I’d prefer if players didn’t feel forced to interact with that slot machine system in the first place.

5 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

Mad Lab
Plunder one of Alad V's secret laboratories on Jupiter.

Since it was introduced back in 2019, the labs can certainly be opened, but only the host can destroy glass containers and properly awaken the sentient faction enemies inside, if you're a client, enjoy shooting at a unbreakable glass.

Maybe it's made from the same glass as the old corpus ships

2 hours ago, Halo said:

story-centric

yeah, that's not happening anymore. pretty sure NW can be considered mostly abandoned at this point, just rotating some new and old stuff around to keep people busy with little actual investment. maybe the next season after mix vol 1 will surprise me. but that will not be before 2023, so who even cares anymore?

*looks at the people who want consistent good content, story, less vendor, less money grabbing, then looks to D, notices them ignoring and shrugs.* DE is going to do what DE wants, and we're only going to get what DE wants to give us, that's it. they've heard people scream and yell about bug fixes for a long time, still suffering bugs that've been known about for years, still nothing. they still dont listen to their players, only fish in their wallets. i would like to see story based content on the reg for nora like before, i would like to see better rewards then glyphs chucked everywhere if we're going to stay with what we currently have, i would like to see quests that EVERYONE can do, as new players cycle in, they cant do steel path, they cant do profit taker, and its hard to carry 2 or 3 people through that to only get 7k nora points when it takes 10k to get 20ish creds. quests, i want to see QUESTS, content! i dont want to go out into the vallus every freakin week to spend 4 hours to try and find rare gems, i dont want to go to cetus to look for rocks, i dont want to throw a spear at fish for 20 minutes, and i dont want to sit in steel path survival to kill 1k enemies. i want QUESTS, and REWARDS fitting those quests....good content, good rewards... your players keep screaming at you what they want to see, and you keep jamming crap out, if you would pay more attention to what they want, and play your game longer then an hour to show off "ohhh's and ahhh's" that might need 4 or 5 hotfixs, maybe people would think better of the game. I can't get new people i know to come in real life to play, because the reviews of the game are throttling. "ohh everyone says that game is crap, im not coming to play that with you." thanks man...appreciated...*looks at DE*. comments concerns and questions?

10 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

The Future of Nightwave

So it is more of the same. Not impressed. Not surprised.

Perhaps you'll start rolling out episodes/intermissions more frequently, like every quarter or some-such, since they've become this low-effort? We've been promised several times, that "things will change" and "we'll do better". But they don't, and you don't. It seems like most content is shelved or neglected for the next shiny project, NW being no exception.

Just a reminder: "Nora's Choice" launched on the 4th of August last year. That's more than half a year ago. Are we going to see the "Nora's Mix" stick along for that long as well? It's not Glassmaker's level of stagnation, but aim a little higher, please.

8 hours ago, Ionenschatten said:

Convert 10 Riven Slivers into a Riven Mod.

How do you even get these? All I've gotten them from is Kuva mods where they're trash and you get only one and rarely railjack where you also only get one as a troll reward instead of a Sevagoth part, haha.

They drop on the steel path, too.

Archived