The Warframe Creator Program: Applications to Invite-Only

WF_CreatorPage_WebHeader_3840x1040_V1.jpg

Tenno! The Creator Program website is getting a bit of a refresh, and with it we are changing our program acceptance cadence to an invite-only system. With 6+ years of working with content creators under our belt, we are committed to continuing to adapt to industry trends in a way that allows for us to interact with potential Creators in manageable, healthy ways. We are hopeful this new invite-only method will allow us more time to review a wider variety of content while still engaging with all the community has to offer.

The aim of this change is to encourage what we as a team want to do the most: interact with and boost content from the community as a whole - even beyond the Creator Program. This change does not impact our goals for the program as a means of offering resources for content creation. Our hope is that it will allow us to see more of what the community is creating, whether you are a Creator or not. 

If you are interested in being a part of the Warframe Creator Program, these are some great ways to help us find your content:

• Use the hashtag #TennoCreate on your appropriate platforms! This isn’t mandatory, but is a great way to ensure we see it!
  • Ensure you’re using proper platform tools to tag and categorize your Warframe content as Warframe. Additional usage of #Warframe or tagging our official accounts can help!
  • Publicly list your business email and Warframe IGN (and platform)!

For those looking for resources to help with their Warframe Content creation, you can also find a compiled list of policies and resources on our program website, for everyone to use!

FAQ

Are program criteria changing?

At this time, the criteria for the Warframe Creator Program will remain the same! For more information, visit the new Creator Program webpage: warframe.com/creators 

Spoiler

What is the Warframe Creator Program?

The Creator Program is a flexible support system designed for Tenno who create consistent, quality Warframe content and nurture a welcoming community.

We welcome a wide variety of content creators, and are always looking for more Tenno to work with via this program!

Can I still make Warframe content even if I’m not a Creator?

Absolutely! The Warframe Creator program is just an additional means of support, but please refer to our Fan Kit for resources to help you make your Warframe content!

Do Warframe Creators get paid?

No. The Warframe Creator Program is not a compensation program. We offer Creators support to make their content, such as new items to review or showcase, and Platinum prizes for their community, but they do not receive monetary payment. 

All content creators are free to monetize their Warframe content following our Content Policy, Fan Merchandise Policy, and Music Policy. Sponsorships are considered for any content creator in the community, not just those in our Creator Program.

Do Warframe Creators have to disclose the support they are receiving?

Yes! Creators must properly disclose their relationship with Digital Extremes, as well as any items they receive for free from us, including giveaways. We ask that all Creators follow their government regulation policies to ensure proper disclosure.

Do I need to become a Warframe Creator to have a custom Glyph in-game?

No! Our Glyph and Warframe Creator programs are separate entities. Being a Warframe Creator does not guarantee you a custom Warframe Glyph in-game. Any content creator in the community is eligible for consideration, and will be contacted privately if selected. 

How do I become a Warframe Creator?

At this time, we have transitioned to an invite-only system. If we’re interested in including you into the program, we will contact you! We will be constantly on the lookout for fantastic content creators in our community, but if you want to ensure that your work is noticed, please use the following hashtag: #TennoCreate

At this time, we are looking for the following type of content creators:

• Video producers (YouTube, etc.)
  • Broadcasters
  • Fan Artists
  • Captura Artists
  • Fan Sites

To help our process, please ensure that you publicly list your business email and Warframe IGN (and platform)!

Is there a way I can apply directly?

We are not taking applications for this program at this time. If you are interested in becoming a Warframe Creator, we recommend using the hashtag #TennoCreate to help us easily find your content!

Do I have to use the hashtag to be considered?

No! We understand that hashtags might not be your style. We will be looking at all content creators in the community -- using that hashtag simply makes it easier for us to see your content.  

What kind of qualities are you looking for in a Warframe Creator?

Whether you produce videos about every update, livestream weekly, release unique fan art when you feel inspired, or even create Capturas of your Fashion Frame, we’re looking for dedicated creators who are passionate about Warframe and its community. We are looking for active and valuable additions to the Warframe Community that are constructive and professional!

To be eligible for consideration, Warframe Creators must:

• Be active and valuable additions to the Warframe Community that are constructive and professional in the content they produce.
  • Have a Warframe account in good standing, with Two-Factor Authentication active (on platforms where 2FA exists). Learn more about 2FA here.
  • Be 18 years of age or older.
  • Abide by Warframe’s End User License Agreement and Terms of Use , and not promote the violation of these on any platform associated with their content. 

Warframe Creators must also abide by the Creator Code of Conduct on all branded platforms:

• Creators agree to create content that is welcoming to all Tenno, and foster an inclusive community free from discrimination.
  • Creators cannot make or promote illegal, racist, sexist, hateful, or other offensive material on any platform associated with their account.

How can I contact you if I have any questions about the Warframe Creator Program?

For general inquiries or questions about the Creator Program, you can contact us at: community@warframe.com

How can I report misconduct of a Warframe Creator?

If you are concerned that a Warframe Creator may be in violation of our program policies, you can submit an official report here.

Edited by Digressive
added link for 2FA
  • Like 15

15 minutes ago, Jivy said:

Im a little bit confused as to where we list our business email and IGN in the FAQ?

This would mean publicly listing the email/IGN somewhere we can easily locate it (examples could include being a part of a Twitter bio or a "Contact Me" section on a Twitch page)!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

This would mean publicly listing the email/IGN somewhere we can easily locate it (examples could include being a part of a Twitter bio or a "Contact Me" section on a Twitch page)!

I am on YouTube, so i listed the email and ign in my "about me" tab on YouTube, hope i can be accepted this year

3 hours ago, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

What if we don't want the email listed publicly on a page due to bots and scrapers that search for emails to add them to general purpose spam lists and the likes? This is kind of a step backwards, imho

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

What if we don't want the email listed publicly on a page due to bots and scrapers that search for emails to add them to general purpose spam lists and the likes? This is kind of a step backwards, imho

Valid concern, sure, but consider:

For CMs and marketing/PR firms that do work in the gaming/content creation space, the practice of having an email address publicly visible is a very common request. It's a huge time saver for those that are scouting talent for campaigns/activations when those projects aren't using an application process. Some CMs report that they pass on potential talent because they might find it more difficult to get in contact in a timely fashion and do not have much time to work with. It's kinda considered a necessary evil at the moment.

Setting up an alternate address for just this purpose, and never using it for anything else, is recommended. This limits your exposure to data breaches and data reselling that make the spam problem worse.

You might still need to filter some regardless.

DISCLAIMER: Not a CM, just some guy that's been in the streaming space for several years and follows/talks to several fairly regularly.

Edited by Ragingterror
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SephirothWS said:

I know on Youtube they specifically put a captcha in front of the email address so that people can't do this. 

However, for DE to contact you I imagine they would be okay if you listed your youtube channel, even if it has zero videos, under your social media platform contacts of choice as a method of having a publicly facing email but still with that layer of protection.

I also imagine that DE will take other steps to ensure a proper invitation is sent such as utilizing the inbox function in-game as well as having other securities put into place.

Edited by XHADgaming

7 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

Have to agree, this is just inconveniencing people that want to apply, the old system was better

• Like 2

As a creator (not warframe creator) it is advisable to have your e-mail somewhere visible anyway, so brands can get into contact with you.

Email is still the preferred method of contact and that's fine.
Whenever a brand contacts me via Twitter or Instagram DM, I personally already have the feeling of: "I don't trust you".

anyway, that's besides the point.
What is being done here is further mystifying the creator acceptance. 
In the past they would simply ignore your email or hit you with a "not approved" macro, with no further explanation.
In my case not even replying to a question asked, even after saying: "If you have any questions or just want to chat, please don’t hesitate to reply to this email." 

Now:
1. people get to personally target you, because your email is public, even if you don't want it to be
2. The process is mystified even further so there's more questions to be asked
3. They look unprofessional af (opinion)
4. Invite only means that the resources previously used to deal with these applications have been re-located or simply deleted.

It's not deemed important or impactful enough to dedicate resources to it directly, which is...let's not go there.

it's insane to think you actually considered this, went through the teams and accepted this as a possible solution, instead of dedicating 1-2 people
for these creator relationships. The programs are already bad in terms of what some people get and what others do not get.
The raging favoritism in the program has been an issue even since the partner program and it's not ending here.
Sad state of affairs, one of the many reasons your creators are leaving the game.

• Like 6

Sounds like ambiguity for the sake ambiguity. "Constructive" "Inclusive" "Welcoming" "Professional" all these terms are inherently subjective. This whole post reads as a decision to create an echo chamber and keep out unwanted criticism of the game and it's management. By which is going against your vision of being "welcoming" and "inclusive" in and of itself. 

When is Warframe going to provide consistent, fun, rewarding, and meaningful content for creators? Can we start with focusing on that?

• Like 3

On 2022-03-02 at 4:52 AM, [DE]SpaceySarah said:

Have a Warframe account in good standing, with Two-Factor Authentication active (on platforms where 2FA exists). Learn more about 2FA here.

The link is missing on 'here'

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is sad, I thought you made a clan, then make a dojo, prove you can do that and then start making skins and other things for the game and really make it something that you want to be a part of.

Now it seems you make a bunch of stuff add a twitter hashtag to it and hope they see it, randomly, across the internet? I see you only seeing professionals and ignoring a great many hopefuls. I mean I'm not some young person who really understand the pound signs on things. I know you can use that but I can't see how it can see stuff on a website I now have to make to "display" it to you, make it all directed to you guys, but it is public? Feels like jumping though hoops when I can just send you a file.

I dunno... This was somewhere I wanted to grow. Canadian, open, and not pulling little tricks n stuff.

Very disappointed.

Sorry to say,

Apoc

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ApocWinter said:

This is sad, I thought you made a clan, then make a dojo, prove you can do that and then start making skins and other things for the game and really make it something that you want to be a part of.

Now it seems you make a bunch of stuff add a twitter hashtag to it and hope they see it, randomly, across the internet? I see you only seeing professionals and ignoring a great many hopefuls. I mean I'm not some young person who really understand the pound signs on things. I know you can use that but I can't see how it can see stuff on a website I now have to make to "display" it to you, make it all directed to you guys, but it is public? Feels like jumping though hoops when I can just send you a file.

I dunno... This was somewhere I wanted to grow. Canadian, open, and not pulling little tricks n stuff.

Very disappointed.

Sorry to say,

Apoc

Agreed, i haven't become creator yet as well using all the hashtags despite I have over 10k subs