The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Highest Dps Rifle (Or Main Weapon)

maddhax0r

Question

In your experience, what have you found to be the best overall performing main weapon (that's still obtainable). It can be a rifle or shotgun or whatever. Feel free to include how you modded it =)

So far I'm torn between the Flux and the Ignis but I havent tried every weapon yet either.

Edited by maddhax0r

16 answers to this question

Synapse is my personal favorite currently but I've also put 5 forma into it, if you use it through a volt shield red crits all the way!

I use maxed split chamber, serration, vital sense, hammer shot, point strike and rifle ammo mutation; Depending on what I'm up against hellfire/bane of infested, piercing hit/bane of grineer or stormbringer/bane of corpus.

Unfortunately I don't have a heavy caliber yet so its not in my build :'(

Synapse....

Now before everyone starts expressing to what extent they're opposed with it, let me elaborate.

Yes it has a very short range and it's very expensive to craft.

In my opinion, it only reaches it's maximum potential when you are running a Volt.

Shooting through Volt's shield not only gives it unlimited range, it also spits out Crits like no other. Red crits.

My build is comprised with an almost full Serration, Point Strike and a full Vital sense.

That being said, if you want a more powerful gun (because you can't see through the shields or you can't get your hands on a Synapse), you should go for the Vectis.

With the right mods, it can be a fantastic gun for all occasions. 

Currently I'm hitting 6000+ crit points in a single shot. Now if that doesn't float your boat, I don't know what will.

:)

Synapse....

Now before everyone starts expressing to what extent they're opposed with it, let me elaborate.

Yes it has a very short range and it's very expensive to craft.

In my opinion, it only reaches it's maximum potential when you are running a Volt.

Shooting through Volt's shield not only gives it unlimited range, it also spits out Crits like no other. Red crits.

My build is comprised with an almost full Serration, Point Strike and a full Vital sense.

That being said, if you want a more powerful gun (because you can't see through the shields or you can't get your hands on a Synapse), you should go for the Vectis.

With the right mods, it can be a fantastic gun for all occasions. 

Currently I'm hitting 6000+ crit points in a single shot. Now if that doesn't float your boat, I don't know what will.

:)

I suppose we couldn't wait until Armor 2.0 before doing anything else? For now, enjoy what weapons are available...if you can tolerate the power creep situation.