Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

hace 14 minutos, FrostedMike dijo:

• There is no "one god build". The best build is the one the player is most comfortable using.

Well, try to tell that to "content creators".. *cough*... youtube... *cough* and " the meta". I don't know how many newcomers I have had to help after they were brainwhashed by those people.

2 minutes ago, ZatchiMaru said:

Crossplay/save is priority and since this is widely requested among all those of experience levels, this is on the top of the list. If you can't come up with things to do or have lost interest in the vast things the game already has, that's not DE's fault. There is far more in this game than what people who have the OP frames and mods complain about. Gameplay will come, but limiting the systems stunts possibility. Crossing would open the floodgates for content creators and players alike. 

At the same time though, "Before even considering playing with bring trials back, y'all better get crossplay going..." is quite a statement.  As if nothing can be considered, let alone implemented, no matter how large the support for it, until crossplay goes live.   Game studios work on multiple projects at the same time, and some of them will take much longer to implement than others. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

There are a variety of areas that we can explore for some QoL changes

My suggestion is about k-drive racing. I don't like it, but not because of what it is but rather where it takes place.

• Introduce k-drive racing to dojos and/or relays (we already have Ventkids living in the dojo).
  • Make k-drives functional in Obstacle Course Architect room.
  • Allow competitive or co-op races.
  • Eliminate k-drive races from open worlds (my opinion).

Obviously this is low priority compared to bringing back Raids/Trials. But I think a safe environment (not open worlds) would make k-drives a more pleasurable experience.

for me I just want a way to get the Arcanes from the orphix missions cause those are a real pain in the ass to drop even on lower levels and the deimos vaults are a bit of a pain because I had to get 10 orkin matrixes for a necroloid standing but in the end I enjoyed the game really well and I had fun I just want a way to get hildryn components as well good thing I got nezha prime for it.

I left the game for over 2 years, I'm MR 30 and have over 5k hours in missions. I still don't see anything like, "What fixes would you most like to see?" How about head shots actually being headshots. Most players realize that in Warframe that a shot to the face is frequently counted as a headshot, shots to the side of the head are occasionally a head shot and head shots to the back of the head are virtually never head shots! Fix this! Or stealth kills, he was alerted by what, the bullet going through his brain? Silent weapon, nobody around to see, but too bad, you lose your stealth bonus. Ambulas is still a mess. Half the time it won't let you actually activate the hack! None of these are new, all have been issues for literally years and they never get addressed. I Hate seeing Eximus Stronghold as that might as well say, We are going to drain all your energy...constantly! All of the (pardon my French) BullS#&$ modifiers that are designed to just turn off Warframe abilities. These and many others are why I stopped playing and while I came back to help some friends who discovered the game, I was shocked to see that all of these are still not fixed?

What happened to the game that used to have all sorts of fun events that came around regularly? I see that now you are done with story mode of Nightwave too I enjoyed those, but it feels like you are just cutting costs and it will become just another repetitive grind and the some of the New Mission types are freaking awful! They just aren't worth the time it takes to do them. 

You still have the best movement system in any game I've ever played. The core game is fun to play. You just seem to lose sight of what the goals are and I swear there are times where it seems you not only have lost the plot, but the whole darn script is gone missing. 

One last comment, please, for the sake of all that is right and good in the world, give us a way to turn lotus off! Have you ever listened to the dialogue for Relic Missions? I do not need to be told that I'm close to the vault ever again, or that I need to collect reactant or that I need to rescue the hostage or anything else she has to say. So please, like Ordis, let us turn her off! 

I want the game to be what it was years ago.. fun! I want the company to succeed and be able to work on more new things, but I think you are going the wrong way about it. This is a PVE game, let's not spend much time worrying about nerfing the crap out of stuff and instead, spend your time on bringing back the core fun that made me stay for so many years. 

Cross-play is the one thing that will get me back into warframe because right now I’m just logging in for daily tributes. I have three friends who play that are spread across switch, ps4 and pc, we’re all itching for cross-play so we can build our own clan and do eidolon hunting not solo and fissures and everything. Because while the pc and ps4 have pretty active public player-bases from their perspectives, the xbox is so unbearably dead all the time. I can go through the whole starchart and zero open squads anywhere because I assume people are playing solo or with their friends and it sucks. So I guess my request is, please before anything else, add cross-play. I haven’t done any research at all on it but like surely it’ll bring a bunch of players back in. Right? Surely. I know all my friends are doing the same as me, just waiting, and that’s got to be the case for a lot of people. If it was in it’d also help with people feeling good about purchasing stuff, at least for me. Because if you’re purchasing stuff for one platform it feels like you’re getting less than if you purchase it and can use it on any platform. That might just be me though.

1 hour ago, FrostedMike said:

New players don't have a good way obtaining even the "basic essential mods", like Streamline, Continuity and Intensify.

I think it would be good to somehow let new players know that breaking open containers in Hepit and Teshub rewards those mods.

The Mod System could do with some TLC

Not just the system, but numerous other systems in the game that have no tutorials or explanations in the game. There's still no tutorial for Railjack since its release in December 2019. Many players would not know about the main six Syndicates (Arbiters of Hexis, Cephalon Suda, etc.) unless they decide to explore the Relays.

There needs to be a fine balance between good tutorials and guidance to help new players so that they can not only set up their own goals, but they can do so without the need of "excessive babysitting". That is, having new players being too overeliant on outside help without building on their individual experience.

Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content

Considering the survey on power creep, the last part is a colossal or near impossible task. Most players care little about the atmosphere or "challenge", as they only care for the loot at the end. Whatever "challenge" players come across, they will outright cheese it for efficiency. This can lead to making the Raids/Trials more dull than expected.

One final point that the survey never brought up: the sheer disproportionate time-to-reward ratios in the game. Simply put: for the time needed to get these rewards, was it worth it? There are so many types of rewards that are poorly affected by this. Low drop percentages, lack of drop locations, and even lack of variety in terms of resource usage. Any of these to not only artificially drag out the grind, but it makes it far more repetitive than it needs to be. Some examples:

• Corrupted Holokeys
  • Ambassador
  • Ash
  • Oberon
  • Resource Caches
  • Narmer Isoplast (somewhat)

Why not make use of Operation Oprhix Venom's token/rotational reward system again? This can help alleviate some of these issues, but overall the rewards need to be addressed.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Hope this helps.
unknown.png

Thanks! The Boss Fight one is a lot easier for me to read and comprehend now. "Telegraphed attacks" (significant moves that can be anticipated) is clearly the highest rated. It gives me some anticipation for upcoming Raids/Trials. Coming Soon™️

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

It seems the 50% who wants trials to come back falls in that "No Powercreep" category, the rest do not want it to return. 

Honestly, I said that power creep was a big issue, but I do want trials to come back. The rewards don't need to be top notch; I just want something to do with other people.

I get y'all are angry about the wisp thing, but the survey came out before both Tennogen parts. so only people who ALREADY knew what was coming would avoid picking her. Shes popular for a good reason afterall, so people will want better skins for the frames they love.

41 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think it would be good to somehow let new players know that breaking open containers in Hepit and Teshub rewards those mods.

And use one of few things (not all needed):

- Carrier/Looter that destroy containers & stuffs

- explosions (AOE weapon or frame like Xaku)

- Vacuum

- slams

I get my first Sister's dog and lack of the Looter makes gathering materials very bad experience. Imagine "new player" that don't have access to some options and they can only shoot/slam stuffs and go to each stuff to almost-manually pick it up.

ps. not even mentioning low RNG that would make above situation HELL.

2 hours ago, FSK41 said:

Hopefully another pointless frame with no impact on the game is less needed than a new gamemmode 

This year starts to be "good". I mean, they fixed 2 melees (Vaykor sydon & Amalgam furax body count - I'm using 2nd more). At least 2 abilities has fixed sprints turning off (Lavos' Vial rush & Hydroid's). Grendel's augment is not great but it has potential. Yareli's augment is real augment (it changes from just static gameplay to getting buff & hitting enemies - aka more dynamic). Sadly it's another "let's make base ability worse and fix it on-merulina" issue which I hate.

Last year (2021) were imho bad for frames. But 2020? It was much better. So I have some hopes for that frame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if the results would change for "how was your overall experience with warframe in 2021?" if there were no New war quest. For people that get stuck on New War  quest then 2021 could be worse. However I think New war quest with all ups & downs (mostly subjectively speaking) brought much more than than rest of 2021.

8 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Tenno,

We asked for your feedback and you answered! Thank you for the constructive feedback on how we can continue to improve and develop Warframe. Today we are happy to share the results from the Warframe 2022 survey that we partnered with Purzzle and Um_Jaewon to create. We received 70,253 responses from you and they are summarized below.

Warframe Survey 2022 General Topics

Warframe Survey 2022 Gameplay Topics

You can find the dataset for these results here.

So What Happens Next?
Now that we have this information a few key things stick out to us.

• The Mod System could do with some TLC
  • Players would like to see Trials come back, in addition to some more challenging end game content
  • There are a variety of areas that we can explore for some QoL changes

We will consider these takeaways and more as we continue to build Warframe! It’s exciting to see that a majority of the results align with our current aspirations for Warframe. There’s always room to improve and this survey gave us great consolidated feedback to move forward with. 

For all of the thoughtful and supportive comments, we are also appreciative! Thank you again, Tenno! Through your efforts, the Origin System continues to expand.

Just so long as raids are playable with 1-4 players, they're welcome to comeback.

Or you don't put any unique rewards in them other than sigils or emblems.

17 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:
8 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

Just so long as raids are playable with 1-4 players, they're welcome to comeback.

19 minutes ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Nahhhh move Every Arcane and umm add Rivens and Sevagoth parts there too ;) 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Honestly, I said that power creep was a big issue, but I do want trials to come back. The rewards don't need to be top notch; I just want something to do with other people.

Yeah, I'm not seeing a puzzling contradiction there.   My opinion, power creep is a huge issue, but I still want it to exist.  I just want it to be more evenly dispersed, the rate slowed down, and some flow of new content that calls for that additional power.  Hey, trials could fit right in.

Surveys and this sort of transparency is excellent. A lot of this stuff shocked me, some of it very much didn't. Mainly that power creep question.

Also, Mod TLC and Difficult content are as ever pretty linked. It's hard to make difficult content when there's massive disparity in a large number of areas, even within 'end game' content. Example I gave a while back is that the Kuva Bramma is nearly twice as powerful at base as a Rubico Prime in terms of raw damage, but can also hit AoE. And since 'Players dying too much' is the biggest suggestion, I hope that a look at the disparity between Warframe survivability rates is inbound, specifically just how much different an 'immortal' frame like Wukong, Nidus or Inaros is from a more normal frame, like Mag, Ember or Mirage.

Archived