Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

3 hours ago, Echoes said:

TIL tennogen skins are deluxe skins

/s

Since I can not buy them with plat (I'm on PC) I must respectfully disagree with you there. Tennogen can look great and the work artists put out is amazing. But since its locked behind 'real money' and not plat, its not a deluxe skin.

I am not too surprised by the results, 

I am surprised that DE only now is considering to work upon things that existed in years of feedback.

I am a little surprised that there is an almost equal split between players with regards to power creep. That's good i guess. Means that those that do want a bit more challenge are not a complete minority.

Looking forward to Raids , hopefully with less bugs that end an hour of playtime cause a door won't open.

I really really hope the survey wasn't just a marketing gimmick and there is now some actual action behind the intention.

4 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Thanks! The Boss Fight one is a lot easier for me to read and comprehend now. "Telegraphed attacks" (significant moves that can be anticipated) is clearly the highest rated. It gives me some anticipation for upcoming Raids/Trials. Coming Soon™️

im still waiting on feedback for werewolf frame  :D 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)HumaneStoned420 said:

Sorry, late to the survey, BUT, 

We need a trade board where we can sell things while we still play. Example; I walk into Maroo's, throw my hand up, place what i want to sell, and have a price attached to each one, and then leave a "ghost" of myself to sell for me. IF they buy they buy, if they dont, I can come back and adjust prices and items as i need. 6 at a time is still fine. 

Second, 

I love more than anything that there are multiple ships each with their own unique skin, BUT, 

Is there any way that we can have different savable ship interior "loadouts" for each different ship. The interior of the ship is OBVIOUSLY the Liset, so, could yall possibly develop new ship interiors that look accordingly to the orbiter it actually is? If so, try to keep each interior as a loadout just like the outsides are already capable of being saved as a "loadout".

Other than that, Crossplay first, then raids???!? New Railjack raid??!? 2 Railjacks, 8 people, seems raidy lol

I agree with this, mostly, but I will say, rather than a ghost, how about a merchant stand with an npc, like in cetus/fotuna

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

My suggestion is about k-drive racing. I don't like it, but not because of what it is but rather where it takes place.

• Introduce k-drive racing to dojos and/or relays (we already have Ventkids living in the dojo).
  • Make k-drives functional in Obstacle Course Architect room.
  • Allow competitive or co-op races.
  • Eliminate k-drive races from open worlds (my opinion).

Obviously this is low priority compared to bringing back Raids/Trials. But I think a safe environment (not open worlds) would make k-drives a more pleasurable experience.

please, oh please, It's annoying as is AND you have enemies attacking u too

alrighty, I read thru, and noone has mentioned this, so I will. Little QoL mod configs, add one slot for each ability augment, allowing for more space for modding, and more use for augments, because I, along with some newbies I'd imagine, Find most augments as a waste of slots, which are very valuable. Also, please fix k-drives. As mentioned above, they are difficult to control AND you have enemies shooting you AND you can get tripped up by nothing, I've noticed alot wrong with the system (tho, I still have unmoddable k-drive) but even so, great game, get crossplay out by the end of the year and we'll be happy.

3 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Just so long as raids are playable with 1-4 players, they're welcome to comeback.
Or you don't put any unique rewards in them other than sigils or emblems.

I'm just curious, why are you against 8 player raids? Is it just because of buggy connections and host migrations, or something else?

And again, why not unique rewards? What if it was for a "token system" like Aya instead of vaulted relics? Would that still be unwelcome?

The game is very fun to play but please can you add more open world planet's with added more different points and animal's, also add more Easter eggs with nice rewards as completing at the end of search. Also I forgot to mention for the achievements after completing them all why there is no rewards for that?... 

THANKS. 

38 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I'm just curious, why are you against 8 player raids? Is it just because of buggy connections and host migrations, or something else?

I don't see anything against 8 player raids, but won't deny that requiring -at least- 4 players to start one was a huge annoyance. Would be neat to start solo raids even if these were balanced around 4-8 player gameplay, it would give 1-3 people squads a bigger challenge and something neat to tell their friends.

38 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

And again, why not unique rewards? What if it was for a "token system" like Aya instead of vaulted relics? Would that still be unwelcome?

Because some people have no interest in engaging with certain content, but also feel entitled to get absolutely everything in the game, so they are only fulfilled if whatever content they refuse to play doesn't have useful nor unique rewards.

Fwiw, back when conclave was about to be reworked, some people said exactly the same as the post you quoted. DE obliged and you can see how it turned out in a not-so-long term.

13 hours ago, [DE]Dudley said:

The Mod System could do with some TLC

would be great if the mod system all round just told you more stuff.

somethings are additive some things are multiplicative but nothing says anywhere ?

also it would be nice if weapon exilus slots were immune from having polarities or could be polarity swapped like the rest can. seriously needing to unforma a polarity in order to be able to switch in different utility is really janky.

Why do the graphics have a dirt texture

Anywho, I'm interested to see in what directions you guys plan to take the modding system. Between copy-paste builds at high levels and suffocating capacity and resources at low levels, it could stand to be more liberating and creative (starting first and foremost with base damage mods *cough*).

Surprised to see a 50/50 split on the power creep question. I reckoned it did have an impact (negative, in that it makes gameplay less engaging through toothless difficulty curves) though this being a PvE game I can see folk aren't as concerned about balance as if it were PvP focused. Interested to see where that rabbit hole goes.

See you all at Angels of Zariman then, do take these concerns to heart. Within reason.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Because some of these were hard to read and triggered My ocd I redid some of them with the data provided via the google sheet de provided

Hope this helps , feel free to use them i did this quickly to alleviate my ocd 

ImageImage

Absolute legend, thank you!

Being honest, i can't trust these results, because i can't trust DE. Been a lot of promises to do this or that, fix this or that, and still yet nothing but more promises. Start DOING what you promise, and maybe i will believe a little more....start listening to your PLAYERS more, and i might believe a little more....until that's done, i just feel like you are still just blowing smoke....

To me, the answers to the power creep question makes sense. I voted that I didn't have a problem with it, because without power creep many loadouts just would never change. Sure, it ends up with many weapons, even old Prime weapons, being outdated and bad, but that's not entirely a bad thing either.

I think the mod system needs to be tweaked, so instead of their being a select few builds you can copy and paste into every build, most of your setup is there for QoL tweaking. Some advocate for more slots, but wouldn't that just be more power creep?

Also, a clear explanation of damage types and status effects in game would be nice. It's currently only information we have in the wiki, and while the wiki is a great resource it shouldn't be mandatory. I've seen people run viral on their low fire rate and status, high crit weapons because "I was told it's the best damage type", people run slash mods to "Make their slash procs do more damage", and the fiasco that is radiation hazard mobile defense in a Sortie isn't typically because people aren't paying attention, it's because nowhere in the game does it tell you what radiation procs even actually do.

I’m going to not only speak for myself but also speak for the minority of players plus I’m going to state why I pick these and give some feedback that DE can use.

Which gameplay segment did you enjoy the most in the new war?

Teshin

The biggest reason why I enjoyed it coz of the glaive and the elemental switching/combo part plus this could be how operators can play. However, when it comes to melee I preferred melee 2.0, yes it had some bad combos (left, x,x,x) it was like games like DMC , the old GOW, scarlet nexus but melee is boring now coz there is not thought about what combos to use it`s just button mashing which I don’t like.

How do you feel about power creep in warframe?

No impact

I don`t play like everyone else but there were some nerfs that were unnecessary or could have had a better solution like teslo boltace, Ash`s bladestorm and others.

What would make social hubs and dojo more interesting?

NPC events

I honestly don`t care about social hubs and dojos but if there were events that had rewards attached to it, I might be interested. People can be toxic over ppls opinions so I avoid it completely if I can.

How do you feel about warframe open words?

Cambion drift - 5

Visually the best, the theme, the water that looks like ooblec the new looking enemies looks great plus there is portantial for new game-modes there.

Orb vallis - 2

I`m not really into frosty locations, it has to really look good for me to like them plus I don`t like the corpus biggest reason coz you can bypass the shields with slash anymore and they have too many companions and less humanoid enemies.

POE – 3

The place is open enouth to use k-drives, I like the grinner faction I just like it.

However, the three open words are still not good enough.

Here are somethings that would make me like the open worlds:

Spoiler

·                 You can make your own fast-travel points

·                 After you mark a point make reaching it fun for example, if you mark a point on the map make a mini game out of it like the k-drive racing with the rings.

·                 Have better rotating rewards.

·                 Make mission not time based but performance based.

·                 Be rewarded for exploration like codex entries, loot boxes, finding a secret boss, finding music codex, finding medallions etc.

·                 Make hunting animals/conservation like in horizon forbidden west where you can build stuff from it`s parts or get resources form them and make them bigger than you.

·                 Add NPC with mission that they give you.

·                 Have underwater exploration.

·                 Have more mobility options.

·                 Have different types of game-modes their e.g. stealth.

Please rate these elements of warframe`s open words.

Racing – 2

I like k-drives but when it has inertia it ruins the whole thing, the solution is simple, remove inertia from k-drives p.s add k-drive racing in conclave.

Conservation – 1

Issues:

• Nightwave makes you have to get six of them which is time consuming, reduce it to 3.
  • Some animal take ages to get to the location making it longer.
  • Foot prints and poo are had to see, just make the footprints green and the poo visible.
  • And the important one, make hunting animals as fun as horizon forbidden west.

Mining – 2

When you are forced to do it and you have to get a rare gem with a low chance it becomes a chore and not fun.

Fishing -2

Again, when you are forced to do it, it becomes a problem. You use bate and the inconsistency of getting the fish to spawn gets annoying.

Bounties – 3

They are ok at best but when you have to keep doing it coz of something in the drop table you want it gets boring.

Improvements:

• Less time-based missions.
  • Have rotation (good) rewards.
  • Have different game-types (stealth).
  • Intergrade other ways of dealing with enemies.

NPC – 3

They are ok but I don`t like any of the NPC in the open words. Ostrons and fortuna npcs are weird and infested open world mist the npcs they could of have. They could of added the myconans from the glast gambit quest, they were ex-corpas that adapted to the infestation my favourite npc in the game, that would have been the perfect npc for the infested open world.

Exploring - 3

Looking around is cool and all but there is not reward or incentive to do so.

Which warframe without a deluxe skin would you like to see receive one?

Lavos

Out of all the frames on the list I love Lavos, I love how he switches the elements however I hate the way he looks, he`s so ugly I can`t take him seriously. So, if they can make a sick looking delux skin for him that might make me play him but as of now I`ll wait for the prime version.

What new customisations do you want to see most?

Weapon skins

The reason I want to see more weapon skins is coz we don`t have enough of them to be specific I want a sking that can be used on all weapons types instead of a skin for one weapon, plus there are weapons I like the mechanics of but there are ugly e.g. Lens imo we have loads of armour pieces so we don`t need as much but weapons skins would make me want to play with the weapons more.

Just to add this just like you can use the original skins on prime warframes I also want that for prime weapons too.

How did you learn to use the mod system?

Content creator

Back in 2012 on PC I watch Mogamu and this was the time where mod didn`t look like the way it was now.

Does the current mod system encourage experimentation?

I put no but to be specific warframes yes, weapons no.

I say no for weapons because ppl always talk about corrosive + heat, Viral and damage, damage, damage if this is all ppl are using to kill enemies then it doesn`t encourage experimentation.

How do you feel about current enemy density in missions?

It`s fine however I`d rather smart weak enemies over dumb tanky enemies (which is why I don`t like steel path).

How important are these for a good boss fight?

Parkour integration – 3

Environmental hazards - 3

Boss stages - 3

Telegraphed attacks (TA) – 6

These are all good but the most important is TA. The best example I can give is hack and slash game where you go up against humanoid enemies and to be specific the Darksiders series has the best/fun boss fights. We need more humanoid boss where the challenge is based on skill, timing and learning enemy behaviour.

How to create a good boss: 

Spoiler

·                 Have a cutscene at the start, make is skippable for the ppl that don`t want to watch.

·                 Have the ability to lock-on to boss.

·                 Have sick/epic music in the background, make different music for bosses.

·                 Make more humanoid bosses.

·                 The lower their health is the more dangerous it is.

·                 Make bosses be able to block your attacks.

·                 Have a warning of when they will attack.

·                 Have it to where they can grab you and you have to do a QTE to break out of it.

·                 No time waiting bosses.

·                 You can`t use the same attacks all the time, have different ways of defeating bosses e.g. Operators, necromechs, arch guns on-call crew.

·                 Make it skill based instead of damage based.

·                 Have operators get involved into the fight (sometimes).

·                 Have enemy weak states where you have the opportunity to attack.

·                 At the end have QTE cut scenes and finishers to kill them off.

·                 Have the option for operators to kill them off also.

Would you like raids/trials to come back?

Yes

The issue I have with raids (LOR) back in the day is there was no tutorial on how to play it. I like it since the raids back then wasn’t about damage, damage, damage all the time the best thing about it, all warframes had a use.

Examples:

Spoiler

·                 Loki could stand on plates to open the door and switch teleport before the door closed.

·                 Trinity could heal everyone to prevent them from getting kill by the toxic air.

·                 Nyx and Mag could keep enemies at bay while we solved the puzzle to get to the next stage.

·                 Ash can hack without drawing attention.

·                 Frost can protect the target by using his 3 to stop it from getting destroyed.

This makes the so called “unpopular warframe” have a use because it evolved around the warframes which is how game-modes are ment to be.

What level should raids/trials start?

30 – 50

To me the mission should start from it being low to at the end being hight plus I don`t enjoy game-modes where the enemies are just tanky (steel path) plus the missions should also be based on skill not just damage and survivability. If it started at 100+ it will turn me and other players off in playing it.

When should raids fail?

I put no fail stats but thinking about it now, that makes no sense but players dying too often is reasonable.

How was your overall experience with warframe in 2021?

I put 3, there was some positives and some negatives.

There were other things they asked but didn`t present on the results.

Here are some of them:

What do you want to see more of?

The most important things I want DE to focus on are Warframe reworks, revisit and QOLs.

People say a lot of the older warframes needs a look over but to me all the warframe needs a rework, revisit or QOL improvements. People argue what warframe needs what first, well I’m telling you that is not important the point is if that warframe get a look over.

If I had to pick my top 3 warframes than need a look at they are:

Spoiler

Banshee – rework or revisit

Valkyr – rework or revisit

Ash – revisit 

Werewolf warframe?

Yes. We already know this is going to be a thing and this needs to happen, just for inspiration take a look at the game Werewolf: apocalypse earthblood.

What kind of warframes do you want to see more of?

At first, I put damage dealers but I think it would make sense to make all-rounder warframes, but I wouldn’t mind damage dealers still.

The one question that was asked was;

Anything else to add?

I put:

• warframe need a customisation option for the material/textures of warframes.
  • Operators needs to be more than just tools for warframe and needs to be good on their own as well as some improvements, game-modes and void melee weapons.
  • Based on stats and ppl`s actions Ash needs a revisit.

13 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

My suggestion is about k-drive racing. I don't like it, but not because of what it is but rather where it takes place.

• Introduce k-drive racing to dojos and/or relays (we already have Ventkids living in the dojo).
  • Make k-drives functional in Obstacle Course Architect room.
  • Allow competitive or co-op races.
  • Eliminate k-drive races from open worlds (my opinion).

Obviously this is low priority compared to bringing back Raids/Trials. But I think a safe environment (not open worlds) would make k-drives a more pleasurable experience.

For real. Still sad there's no co-op/K-Drive racing. I'd say add a mode to the Conclave, but the mere mention of that word intimidates people and would turn them away from trying it, making it a waste of time and assets.

11 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Just so long as raids are playable with 1-4 players, they're welcome to comeback.

Agreed. The vast majority of people that play Warframe either pug or play solo. The minimum requirement being anything higher than 4 is just going to end up a toxic disaster, with the mode being solely utilised once again by a small minority of players. Good for them I suppose, but there's a reason trails were pulled last time. A game mode should be enjoyed by the majority of your playerbase after all.

I'm 50/50 on trails returning. It really depends on how they're implemented. If they end up being anything like, say, Aion's, or the Elder Scrolls Online's 'trials' especially, then all I have to say is this:

tracey-morgan-no.gif

8 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

Buggy connections. Host migrations. The time and effort it takes to actually find 8 competent people whose time zones and schedules actually line up to even do said raid. The time and effort it takes to find 8 people who all get along with each other and co-operate. Finding 8 people who speak the same language as you, be it fluent or close enough, etc.

Raids/Trials when all those things perfectly align can be an awesome experience, but sadly, not a frequent one and are often quite the opposite. I hope all this will be taken into consideration should they bring them back, otherwise it's just going to be a repeat of before, with the game mode being played by barely 1% of the population.

Oh, and as someone else mentioned, DE needs to take into consideration the insane power creep issue when designing said raids, otherwise they may end up being an absolute joke of a mode, or end up being mostly infuriating puzzles that don't represent the core Warframe experience in the slightest 😔

I'm confused, reading the survey, the general consensus I'm getting from this is people thought Veso's gameplay was the weakest gameplay section of the 3 in TNW.

But people want Trials back? Which I assume out of all the gameplay from the New War would be the most similar. puzzle solving and fighting enemies that you don't immediately wipe out?

I never got to play Trials so please correct me if I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but do people really want in depth raids back if they thought the most brain dead portion of gameplay was the best part of TNW? It feels like were setting ourselves up for failure.

Archived