Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

20 minutes ago, --Q--BlackMaster said:

Please bring the raids back, we know they are still in the game files.

It just needs one simple button click to activate them, please do not hesitate to do so :-)

Message with love (and desperation) from Q, .Dicht, Warframe Schoolbus and many other communities!

Where you and all those players here when the updates introduced into the game often caused issues with raids? I don't mean when they were released, because you couldn't even complete raids when they 1st launched (yes, they were that broken), i mean when they changed a few things in the game and earth had holes in the maps and stuff.

I'm not fond of those days, playing to test things for DE, forcing DE to compensate players for the time and resources spent, knowing even the smallest hotfix would break something somewhere in the raid.

Remember, raids had multiple areas and multiple mechanics, if DE messed with something for regular gameplay it could have ramifications for raids, for a time they were great, you had the normal issues with host migrations and players doing things outside their skill level for sure but it was doable, but DE removed raids for a reason, it provided the rewards for eidolons and they were finnaly out of constantly fixing things in raids, which would break on the next update.

16 hours ago, -Hexsus- said:

More wisp skins? Really? We need more on frames that don't have many skins. 

Deluxe =/= Tennogen
The problem is DE only releases about two deluxes a year. Also Let's be real, Wisp is like Saryn a fan favorite due to her simple gameplay and her appearance.

1 hour ago, --Q--BlackMaster said:

Please bring the raids back, we know they are still in the game files.

It just needs one simple button click to activate them, please do not hesitate to do so :-)

Message with love (and desperation) from Q, .Dicht, Warframe Schoolbus and many other communities!

Nope, thats not the case. They were getting new bugs with every new update and requiring massive maintenance time in order to keep them alive. When they do add raids, its gonna be something new

17 hours ago, Seth_Ashcroft said:

Do the FFXIV route. RNG drops on completion AND small amount of currency. This means that there’s an element of RNG, but the grind doesn’t feel/come off as never-ending because there will always be an end in sight. People work best when there is a definite end in view, instead of grinding forever with no sign of fulfillment. 

I don't know FF14's way of doing things, but other thing I think of is "dusting" items. Like with Hearth Stone. Send up a vendor like with statues to Endo.  I get the RNG drop, if I don't want it, I cand dust it and trade that for what I do want...

Also let me do something with these dozens of arcanes I have been getting from acolytes in SP that are worthless due to how easy they are to get.

hace 13 minutos, --Q--BlackMaster dijo:

If the Raids were that bad and broken, why so many people loved them?

First: :platinum:

Second: Only that echo chamber called RSB loved them and pat themselves in the back thinking that they were "the cool kids" just because they could get tons of plat from content most people avoided. Or did you already forget the price of Arcane Energize back in the day?

9 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I don't see anything against 8 player raids, but won't deny that requiring -at least- 4 players to start one was a huge annoyance.

So the original raids wouldn't even start if you had less than 4 players? I remember a few comments in the last few years, if even one player disconnects, the other 3 players instantly fail the mission. Is that the way it was?

2 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

Oh, and as someone else mentioned, DE needs to take into consideration the insane power creep issue when designing said raids, otherwise they may end up being an absolute joke of a mode, or end up being mostly infuriating puzzles that don't represent the core Warframe experience in the slightest 😔

So there's two topics here: Power creep and gameplay/puzzles.

What do you mean by power creep? That the enemies are tough unless you are using the meta-weapons/builds?

Gameplay/puzzles... like the four player friendship door? Or something else?

Part of me thinks it would be interesting to have a suggested or forced "roles" system similar to the original Tridolon capture. But yes I totally see that adding to the frustration instead of being fun. I just find it annoying when I play PUG tridolon and the Trinity player is able to handle the entire mission solo. Or the opposite can happen too when there's a defection mission and all four players bring DPS warframes (or Wukong :vomit:) and then no one is suited to the mission and it fails.

I know that those problems are avoided if I tried joining a premade squad, but I'm pretty lazy... and I've never been in a clan where the players actually care about squading up together.

hace 17 horas, (XBOX)GryffsDeadCorps dijo:

One last comment, please, for the sake of all that is right and good in the world, give us a way to turn lotus off! Have you ever listened to the dialogue for Relic Missions? I do not need to be told that I'm close to the vault ever again, or that I need to collect reactant or that I need to rescue the hostage or anything else she has to say. So please, like Ordis, let us turn her off!

Well... not to nag, but there's already an option for that: Options>Audio> "Enable Hint Transmissions". Just disable it and you won't listen to them again or at least that often.

47 minutes ago, Stormhawkaro said:

First: :platinum:

Second: Only that echo chamber called RSB loved them and pat themselves in the back thinking that they were "the cool kids" just because they could get tons of plat from content most people avoided. Or did you already forget the price of Arcane Energize back in the day?

You should see the polls results of 70% being in favor for the raids. Or you just a troll? Lol

36 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

So the original raids wouldn't even start if you had less than 4 players? I remember a few comments in the last few years, if even one player disconnects, the other 3 players instantly fail the mission. Is that the way it was?

Exactly.

The old trials required a key to get started (only for the host), then there was a screen where host could invite players (can't remember if they could see everyone's gear in it, most likely could), and the "start mission" button wouldn't be enabled until there were at least 4 players in the lobby.

And just like  you mentioned, the trial would instantly fail if the squad dropped to 3 or less players at any point, which wasn't rare at all since trials were basically 3 different long puzzle missions with loading screens between stages.

hace 5 minutos, --Q--BlackMaster dijo:

You should see the polls results of 70% being in favor for the raids. Or you just a troll? Lol

70% of 70.2K people is just ~49.1K answers. In a community with over 50 millions of registered users, that's just about 0.1% of the total playerbase, perhaps even less depending of the actual amount of players.

Granted, that's a lot of people, but only if you conveniently omit that the poll only reached to ~0.14% of the playerbase.

hace 7 horas, (PSN)GhostOfJoe90h dijo:

To me, the answers to the power creep question makes sense. I voted that I didn't have a problem with it, because without power creep many loadouts just would never change. Sure, it ends up with many weapons, even old Prime weapons, being outdated and bad, but that's not entirely a bad thing either.

So... you are like those people who enjoy living in the past? 🙂

hace 7 horas, (PSN)GhostOfJoe90h dijo:

Also, a clear explanation of damage types and status effects in game would be nice. It's currently only information we have in the wiki, and while the wiki is a great resource it shouldn't be mandatory. I've seen people run viral on their low fire rate and status, high crit weapons because "I was told it's the best damage type", people run slash mods to "Make their slash procs do more damage", and the fiasco that is radiation hazard mobile defense in a Sortie isn't typically because people aren't paying attention, it's because nowhere in the game does it tell you what radiation procs even actually do.

On the modding UI, the basic info about any gear stat pops-up when you hover the cursor above them, that includes status effects. There's also a tutorial below. The wiki only extend those details but for normal gameplay, there's not much you need to know. You can experiment by yourself, you don't really need the wiki for everything.

1 minute ago, Stormhawkaro said:

70% of 70.2K people is just ~49.1K answers. In a community with over 50 millions of registered users, that's just about 0.1% of the total playerbase, perhaps even less depending of the actual amount of players.

Granted, that's a lot of people, but only if you conveniently omit that the poll only reached to ~0.14% of the playerbase.

Have you looked up how polls in politics are made? Have you ever participated in any polls outside of games?
If you look this up, this will answer your doubts on your poll results :-)

hace 17 horas, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako dijo:

Because some of these were hard to read and triggered My ocd I redid some of them with the data provided via the google sheet de provided

Hope this helps , feel free to use them i did this quickly to alleviate my ocd 

ImageImage

Now THIS is how statistics should shown. Nice job, fellow tenno. Thanks 👍

hace 15 minutos, --Q--BlackMaster dijo:

Have you looked up how polls in politics are made? Have you ever participated in any polls outside of games?
If you look this up, this will answer your doubts on your poll results :-)

I know, polls are usually targeted to small samples of public that will tell the gov/company exactly what they want to hear so these can be then used for advertisement purposes and self pats in the back.

Have you ever looked for opinions about trials out of RSB? This poll has a small sample of people, so you may want to take its results with a grain of salt.

WHpplW0.png 

Seriously, with some exceptions, most of it was very divided in 1/3 wanting one thing in the pizza graph and not many having overwhelming advantage in the gameplay sections.

PowerCreep was almost a perfect 1/3 for each part. Kahl/Teshin/Veso segments had an almost 1/3 for each too, but Kahl's and Teshin's got an edge on Veso's. Openworlds' had... a hard to see graph with the 50 Shades Of Green... but mostly balanced in the options... I was surprised people go mostly to content creators for builds... aside from the elemental builds, its very straightforward what the mods and the weapons' stats do.

Trials got an edge on the "Want to return"... but I'm not sure if those people know that, with the current CC spam, sheer power and invincibility players have, we will not have a "Kill to progress" or something along those lines for Raids, even if its "Get to A and grab X and bring it to B", it will be far too easy with the current power we have. The Trials will be puzzles again. 

The greatest enemy of the Horde Shooter: thinking.

But, "Sortie Level" being what most wanted to start on? 

Welp, I will have the potato ready to fry.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

... its very straightforward what the mods and the weapons' stats do. ...

No, and excuse my french, it's a cluster#*!%.

Also, if they keep with the current direction, new Trials will be Damage Attenuation -- the game.  😄

The raids were a great challenge to complete for beginners. For experts, it was more the question of how fast you could complete it. For those who have not played LoR back then, here some backstory to give you some idea on how it was to play LoR:

Beginner experience:
Understand the different mechanics, find a squad of 4 to 8 people, and coordinate who takes what. Possibly wait in front of each stage and listen to the instructors and assign people to different tasks. CC all the time and let the instructor handle the raid with the pace the people could play.

Note:
Team communication was of upmost important. Using some sort of voice chat was highly recommended! A raid leader would explain to the new players how to complete them.

Expert experience:

Find new meta to complete each stage faster. For example, the Bomb-Carrier and a second Person was always nova until Titania Razorwing Blitz was a thing. You could use operator and frame at the same time to hold open each door in LoR first room, so the bomb-carrier could pick up the bomb faster before the rest of the team could arrive at the bomb-dropoff spot. For LoRNM a trinity was required to keep up the energy for the bomb carrier. In normal LoR energy pads would suffice.

Note:
Team communication was also of upmost importance, since new strats were found by different players and shared across the expert runners. Most of the time you run with your friends or a dedicated community and did not have to explain much, only perhaps small strat changes for optimization

Important difference between expert run and beginner/mediocre run explained:

Finding faster ways to complete each stage was a time saver since you could complete only one type of raid per day. Instead of a casual run taking about 1.5-2 hours to complete all raids and get the cool reward, in an expert run you could complete each LoR raid in about 12 minutes and JV in 16ish. This encouraged player getting in a non-competitive game competitive. Players who didn't like this play style did not have to participate at all in those raids.
Nowadays, we do not have any sort of encouragement to play competitive in PVC and therefore the game as a whole lost an important content for a player base which is more experienced in the game. A lot of those players left the game since the removal of raids.

I hope this will give some idea how raids were and why they should come back.

6 hours ago, Stormhawkaro said:

Have you ever looked for opinions about trials out of RSB? This poll has a small sample of people, so you may want to take its results with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, that's how polls work... lol

6 hours ago, Rigtis said:

Now THIS is how statistics should shown. Nice job, fellow tenno. Thanks 👍

Nicely done. I assume in R?

Justo ahora, --Q--BlackMaster dijo:

Unfortunately, that's how polls work... lol

Yup, polls are targeted towards small samples of people who will tell companies/politicians exactly what they want to hear so they can pat themselves in the back or use the results for advertisement purposes.

1 minute ago, Stormhawkaro said:

Yup, polls are targeted towards small samples of people who will tell companies/politicians exactly what they want to hear so they can pat themselves in the back or use the results for advertisement purposes.

Illuminati confirmed
Don't think tho DE is working for them 😄

Personally, I never joined a raid (mostly because they were too buggy to be fun and very open to trolling). I am not sure if they should come back at this time. I mean, they needed some organization and if 4 people can miraculously organize to take down a simple Eidolon (without being toxic), I don't know what to think when that same people begin running raids... I smell a huge mess there. If they arrive, I hope everyone has a good clan or friends to play with, otherwise it will be hell if you try a pub, just like most Eidolon hunts I have participated in.

Archived