Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe 2022 Survey Results

[DE]Dudley

I had to stop reading when I got to the "remove inertia from k-drive"...

Let's also remove recoil from guns, gravity from parkour and energy cost from abilities while we're at it.

Also I don't know why you'd expect DE to spend time on every single feedback thread when they made a survey specifically to get feedback from a large number of players at once, even more when you say that you are part of a minority of players... (and this feedback isn't even in the feedback section to begin with)

11 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

If it started at 100+ it will turn me and other players off in playing it.

That is starting to sound better and better.

18 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Let's also remove recoil from guns, gravity from parkour and energy cost from abilities while we're at it.

You forgot to remove ammo from guns too. While we're at it Maroo's treasure hunt needs a rework, we've got railjack crewmembers that can do the mission as our proxy. /s

Just an FYI, the thread can't be taken seriously. You don't speak for anyone but yourself. Doesn't matter whether its a minority or majority, your opinion doesn't overshadow other peoples. Also, saying you speak for a group of players and then immediately stating "I don't play like everyone else" has a definition, its known as a contradiction. If you don't play like everyone else then you can't pick out a minority group of "everyone else" and speak for them. You don't play like them either so your opinion inherently would be different, meaning your solutions would be different.

If you put all this in the survey then DE got it months ago. What was the point of this?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Fallen77:

I had to stop reading when I got to the "remove inertia from k-drive"...

OP: *gives his oppinion on a totally unimportant side-activity of the game which has no impact on the general balance of the game*

This guy: *Time to explode and overreact in the most unnecessary way possible in 3-2-1..."

Angry Looney Tunes GIF

il y a 55 minutes, DreisterDino a dit :

OP: *gives his oppinion on a totally unimportant side-activity of the game which has no impact on the general balance of the game*

This guy: *Time to explode and overreact in the most unnecessary way possible in 3-2-1..."

Angry Looney Tunes GIF

Lol, it's a you problem if you can't help but read everything you disagree with in an angry voice.

Life must be pretty complicated for you, hope one day you figure out that people may sometimes formulate legit arguments AND not be crying children throwing a tamper tantrum. It'll open your view of the world so much you wouldn't believe it.

Or stay in your little bubble and never learn anything new in your entire life, your call.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I’m going to not only speak for myself but also speak for the minority of players plus I’m going to state why I pick these and give some feedback that DE can use.

So you filled out the survey and DE got it, so obviously you just want to bounce your ideas among your fellow players.  Ok, cool...

17 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Emmys

On 2022-03-06 at 8:59 PM, Rigtis said:

The "Auction House" topic has been discussed for years and the answer is still and will always be the same: NO. Warframe is basically a social game, interaction with other players is always encouraged, that why you must do trades face-to-face with the another person. A system that allows people to sell stuff indirectly would break that interaction and DE would never agree with that, as they have made it clear many times now. That's why they don't mind the existence of WF market, because after all you still need to join your seller/buyer ingame to fulfill the trade directly. The market it's just a QOL tool to find what you need quickly without asking around like a lost child.

"Social game"... looking at how big portion of the  community are "solo/random" players forcing a lot of stuff to be friendly for them or how many small, sometimes even single person clans are out there  built so people can just have clan gear without having to search for a clan to accept them... this defense kinda falls apart

Also if trading is one of the few remaining social aspects of the game it means game fails on the front of actually keeping people engaged with community, and i'm not surprised seeing how this game keeps most players too busy with grind to let them just take a break between missions and talk with people.

Like hell of all my experience  with Auction House in either Spiral Knights or Neverwinter Online, these games had still a lot of random social interactions goign on despite fact trading was done by posting sell offers on faceless Auction House, so if you imply Warframes primitive trading system is what keeps it's players social interactions alive then it means this game failed on this  front really hard as this should me a nuance, not a major factor

The

En 6/3/2022 a las 14:50, CrachFire dijo:

It is as easy as creating an auction house with "face-to-face" instances... if you are referring to that being a "basically a social game" , and not the removal of raids or 8 player instances. Trading in Warframe is negligible, for people who spend most of their time selling and buying. So no, it's not at all social in the trading aspect... big fail on that. We want better life quality, we ain't asking for a sophisticated auction house, just a more simple and less prone to errors and modifications by users, let alone having a page made by a third.

Ok mate, I think you must be new around or ignore some facts. please allow me explain it to you a bit slower:
1- The current trading system is far from being perfect, but it fulfills its purpose good enough as it is and we're accustomed to it since... forever. Better not fixing what is not broken or they could mess it up as usual. The "social part" that comes with it is that, for instance, you can meet a recurrent trustful buyer to sell your trash rivens, prime junk, sculptures or simply make a new friend.
2- The removal of raids were done for a very good reason... they were buggy as hell and unfunny for the average player. The feedbacks and mechanics were terrible back then. Better get rid off a broken system than trying to save it when nobody cares anymore. That's why reworks exist. I suppose they are gonna start again from scratch now.
3- There's no way to "modificate" the trading system. Bots can run commands, but can't push buttons irl. Also, the 2FA exist for the same reason. The market could be full of scammers and trolls, but that doesn't mean that an auction house would be free of them. Or haven't you played an mmo with an auction house before?

And finally...

En 6/3/2022 a las 14:50, CrachFire dijo:

No need to further elaborate on this, every player with decent amount of time in the game knows it, and the ones who are joining are realising the antique and barbaric trading system Warframe has.

4- We who have been here for that long time are used to the market because it works and would prefer if they focus on fixing annoying bugs that have been there for years or reworking dead content like Darvo, the Conclave, Resource Drones, etc; instead of wasting their time with something that newplayers ask for (without mentioning that we are talking about something that has been negated many times now). If you searched for the previous threads concerning this topic, you would be well aware of this.

Hope I was clear enough this time 👍

15 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

The

Ok mate, I think you must be new around or ignore some facts. please allow me explain it to you a bit slower:
1- The current trading system is far from being perfect, but it fulfills its purpose good enough as it is and we're accustomed to it since... forever. Better not fixing what is not broken or they could mess it up as usual. The "social part" that comes with it is that, for instance, you can meet a recurrent trustful buyer to sell your trash rivens, prime junk, sculptures or simply make a new friend.
2- The removal of raids were done for a very good reason... they were buggy as hell and unfunny for the average player. The feedbacks and mechanics were terrible back then. Better get rid off a broken system than trying to save it when nobody cares anymore. That's why reworks exist. I suppose they are gonna start again from scratch now.
3- There's no way to "modificate" the trading system. Bots can run commands, but can't push buttons irl. Also, the 2FA exist for the same reason. The market could be full of scammers and trolls, but that doesn't mean that an auction house would be free of them. Or haven't you played an mmo with an auction house before?

And finally...

4- We who have been here for that long time are used to the market because it works and would prefer if they focus on fixing annoying bugs that have been there for years or reworking dead content like Darvo, the Conclave, Resource Drones, etc; instead of wasting their time with something that newplayers ask for (without mentioning that we are talking about something that has been negated many times now). If you searched for the previous threads concerning this topic, you would be well aware of this.

Hope I was clear enough this time 👍

Keep telling yourself that.

hace 1 hora, AVSManfred dijo:

"Social game"... looking at how big portion of the  community are "solo/random" players forcing a lot of stuff to be friendly for them or how many small, sometimes even single person clans are out there  built so people can just have clan gear without having to search for a clan to accept them... this defense kinda falls apart

Also if trading is one of the few remaining social aspects of the game it means game fails on the front of actually keeping people engaged with community, and i'm not surprised seeing how this game keeps most players too busy with grind to let them just take a break between missions and talk with people.

Like hell of all my experience  with Auction House in either Spiral Knights or Neverwinter Online, these games had still a lot of random social interactions goign on despite fact trading was done by posting sell offers on faceless Auction House, so if you imply Warframes primitive trading system is what keeps it's players social interactions alive then it means this game failed on this  front really hard as this should me a nuance, not a major factor

Wow! Wow! Wow! Take it easy, pal. I said basically, which means that it's not the core of the game, or solo play wouldn't be a thing. Don't you think?

I am sorry that you had that bad experience with the community, but that's not the reality for everyone. Nobody forces you anything, that's just in your mind, you can always take your own decisions and play as you like. There's nothing like "the best way to play" in WF, that's just a cute slogan for "content creators" and the meta (which I encourage everyone to stay away from if the want to have fun). Also, WF is a grinding game and people have lives outside the screen (for someone who criticize social aspects, you seems to have missed this basic fact), so they are supposed to make the most of their time to make some progress, not to stay chatting all day like if we were playing a dating simulator. I have found a balance between being social and grind, and it works well for me. As I said, I prefer face-to-face trades than an automated system, basically because I don't trust DE enough to put my plat on the table and hope the item I payed for arrives to my account with no trouble, as it sometimes happens with inbox items.

14 hours ago, Rigtis said:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Take it easy, pal. I said basically, which means that it's not the core of the game, or solo play wouldn't be a thing. Don't you think?

I am sorry that you had that bad experience with the community, but that's not the reality for everyone. Nobody forces you anything, that's just in your mind, you can always take your own decisions and play as you like. There's nothing like "the best way to play" in WF, that's just a cute slogan for "content creators" and the meta (which I encourage everyone to stay away from if the want to have fun). Also, WF is a grinding game and people have lives outside the screen (for someone who criticize social aspects, you seems to have missed this basic fact), so they are supposed to make the most of their time to make some progress, not to stay chatting all day like if we were playing a dating simulator. I have found a balance between being social and grind, and it works well for me. As I said, I prefer face-to-face trades than an automated system, basically because I don't trust DE enough to put my plat on the table and hope the item I payed for arrives to my account with no trouble, as it sometimes happens with inbox items.

Still thing is WoW is also an MMO with strong social aspect to it,, same with FFXIV, RuneScape and pretty much any successful MMO that did have Auction House in it, like i see it impacting social communication way less than other QoL solutions like queues for Raids/Dungeons/etc. which reduce the time you spend socializing when looking for party to do something, but in many MMO games such solutions are highly demanded for implementation and really welcome when implemented, Yet despite that most of these game s don't lose their social aspect, so using "risk for social aspect of Warframe" as defense of not implementing a basic QoL feature which have been a standard for MMOs since way before Warframe was a thing is just flawed logic

Also as much as i have serious gripes with DE's update discipline, one thing i can't take away from them is that they keep systems surrounding platinum and spending it to much higher standards than other things, they just know it's the area where they can't afford failures otherwise they might have some real legal issues on basis of attempting to meddle with their customers money so you can thrust their cowardice on this

My experience as being a solo/random player just comes from fact that people who brought me into playing this game just long have abandoned it themselves, i tried few times to revitalize my clan with new players but seeing how community is on steady decline, with occasional spikes for bigger updates, i just decided i simply have no patience for dealing with that so just accepted things as they are, tho must admit  even before crew was a thing 1st rework to RJ mad it perfectly doable solo, just like majority of content i usually do when doing challenges for NW

Also my issue with grind in WF is that it becomes increasingly more obvious that it's as bloated as it is right now (stupid low drop rates for desirable items, drop tables filled with borderline useless stuff for player with as much playtime as i have) because DE have no idea how to keep players playing the game, the core gameplay design pretty much pushed them into developmental corner of having only "game of numbers" style of difficulty at hand, and with a lot of current metas coming from background of Endurance players who already pushed game to it's limits of enemies lvl 9999(maximum enemy level) and wrecked enemies like that on masses, any attempt on topping that without increasing the cap gonna end up in no success, case and point Arbitrations, ESO, even Steel Path despite it having increased stats... anyways this is topic for whole another discussion but i feel like one of the important things DE will need to do revitalize this game is to change this core gameplay to make other forms of difficulty, like  mechanical or tactical challenges, possible so the grind could be reduced to reasonable amounts, and no longer demand more time spent on it for a new weapon/warframe that will most likely end up maxed out and then never touched again

hace 10 horas, AVSManfred dijo:

Still thing is WoW is also an MMO with strong social aspect to it,, same with FFXIV, RuneScape and pretty much any successful MMO that did have Auction House in it, like i see it impacting social communication way less than other QoL solutions like queues for Raids/Dungeons/etc. which reduce the time you spend socializing when looking for party to do something, but in many MMO games such solutions are highly demanded for implementation and really welcome when implemented, Yet despite that most of these game s don't lose their social aspect, so using "risk for social aspect of Warframe" as defense of not implementing a basic QoL feature which have been a standard for MMOs since way before Warframe was a thing is just flawed logic

Also as much as i have serious gripes with DE's update discipline, one thing i can't take away from them is that they keep systems surrounding platinum and spending it to much higher standards than other things, they just know it's the area where they can't afford failures otherwise they might have some real legal issues on basis of attempting to meddle with their customers money so you can thrust their cowardice on this

My experience as being a solo/random player just comes from fact that people who brought me into playing this game just long have abandoned it themselves, i tried few times to revitalize my clan with new players but seeing how community is on steady decline, with occasional spikes for bigger updates, i just decided i simply have no patience for dealing with that so just accepted things as they are, tho must admit  even before crew was a thing 1st rework to RJ mad it perfectly doable solo, just like majority of content i usually do when doing challenges for NW

Also my issue with grind in WF is that it becomes increasingly more obvious that it's as bloated as it is right now (stupid low drop rates for desirable items, drop tables filled with borderline useless stuff for player with as much playtime as i have) because DE have no idea how to keep players playing the game, the core gameplay design pretty much pushed them into developmental corner of having only "game of numbers" style of difficulty at hand, and with a lot of current metas coming from background of Endurance players who already pushed game to it's limits of enemies lvl 9999(maximum enemy level) and wrecked enemies like that on masses, any attempt on topping that without increasing the cap gonna end up in no success, case and point Arbitrations, ESO, even Steel Path despite it having increased stats... anyways this is topic for whole another discussion but i feel like one of the important things DE will need to do revitalize this game is to change this core gameplay to make other forms of difficulty, like  mechanical or tactical challenges, possible so the grind could be reduced to reasonable amounts, and no longer demand more time spent on it for a new weapon/warframe that will most likely end up maxed out and then never touched again

Well, after analizing your point, the best thing for me to tell ya is: Welcome to Grindframe, pal.

We have been dealing with those aspects for so long time that some of us already gave up with them. They sometimes update old features of the core game, but there's a lot more that is left untouched. I don't think is wise or fair to compare a TPS fantasy shooter (with an encapsulated lobby) with a MMO, basically because they don't work the same way. In a MMO is much easier to be social, since you are always surrounded by people and there are stuff that are a sacrifice to do solo. However, in WF, even tho you are encouraged to join the community and meet a new face, is not a mandatory thing and literally everything (except the conclave) can be done solo. The "content creators", clans, market, the meta, pubs and so on; they are just for you to have a way to interact with people who share the same or similar interests with you. There are social clans: focused on co-op; solo clans: to interact with mates but keep being a solo player; and ghost clans: neither interaction nor chitchat, mainly for dojo & trades. You choose which one to join and if you want to fit in them or not. You can adapt to this or create your own clan and be a lone wolf forever. It's up to you.

I may be wrong, but I don't think DE worries that much about rivalizing in current gaming industry, because the profit is always rolling and the traffic of players is kinda symmetric: many veterans take hiatuses or quit, while another bunch of newplayers join. That's why most of the new features thas has been lately added are to ease the pressure for newbies, while "endgame" content still follows same pattern for everyone: grind'till you die.

The future is uncertain, but there are things that will never change, because from a company pov, they are not a top priority and possibly never will. Unless they get in the way of the upcoming profit.

qJjqgIS.jpg

I gonna out myself and say I'm one of the few that voted against raids returning.

Now hear me out.

Two reasons for this based on my past experiences playing.

1. Forced cooperative play is some of the most toxic gameplay in all of gaming. So a mode that not only requires other players but also needs you to communicate and cooperate sounds like a bad idea in practice.

2. This connects to the first but my observation of the community and their relationship with DE.  Has shown players love to ask for all kinds of things until they are implemented in the game.  DE's vision and capabilities have consistently been so different from a majority of the player base. 

Take railjack for an example. It's announced people are excited. lots of talk about do it already I can't wait.

And then it happens.

And players don't like it.  In fact there's still a bunch of players who hate it and refuse to participate. 

So I will suggest that if raids are to return.

That they be something allowing for normally solo or pub players to enjoy or progress without being frustrating.

I'm not quite sure how this is accomplished.

But I would go against 

Friendship doors.  Plates requiring players stand on them at the same time. Player requirements to start (or at least reduced to 2 min).

Maybe have zones or tasks that when taken by one player it is announced they have taken that task leaving the others to the rest of the players.

Also built in specters like index. Maybe also have them be able to be subbed with crafted specters and crew members.  

On 2022-03-06 at 4:44 AM, AVSManfred said:

right now DE keep using PC as test platform

They do? I've been seeing all platforms get all patches and updates as of late, simultaneously. I don't recall a time in the past year when PC was ahead of console.

On 2022-03-06 at 4:44 AM, AVSManfred said:

- Tennogen will need unified payment method, not sure how it's paid for when playing Warframe trough EGS or their own launcher without steam but steam version still asks for real money payments when console versions ask for platinum

EGS or their own launcher, Tennogen just doesn't exist. Well its in the game files, but the game refuses to show it to you unless your account had been used on Steam at least once and purchased through Steam, and even then it only shows you what you've purchased. I have been lobbying for years for them to change this.

hace 4 horas, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 dijo:

I gonna out myself and say I'm one of the few that voted against raids returning.

Now hear me out.

Two reasons for this based on my past experiences playing.

1. Forced cooperative play is some of the most toxic gameplay in all of gaming. So a mode that not only requires other players but also needs you to communicate and cooperate sounds like a bad idea in practice.

2. This connects to the first but my observation of the community and their relationship with DE.  Has shown players love to ask for all kinds of things until they are implemented in the game.  DE's vision and capabilities have consistently been so different from a majority of the player base. 

Take railjack for an example. It's announced people are excited. lots of talk about do it already I can't wait.

And then it happens.

And players don't like it.  In fact there's still a bunch of players who hate it and refuse to participate. 

So I will suggest that if raids are to return.

That they be something allowing for normally solo or pub players to enjoy or progress without being frustrating.

I'm not quite sure how this is accomplished.

But I would go against 

Friendship doors.  Plates requiring players stand on them at the same time. Player requirements to start (or at least reduced to 2 min).

Maybe have zones or tasks that when taken by one player it is announced they have taken that task leaving the others to the rest of the players.

Also built in specters like index. Maybe also have them be able to be subbed with crafted specters and crew members.  

Completely agree on this. I am not againts the comeback of raids, but we do need a way to solo them, just like railjack content with our crew. Forced co-op is a "no-no" on my list of fun things. A simple good example are void capture missions: many times when I am ahead, I have had to backtrack almost to the beggining of the tileset to get to the objective before it dies, just because whoever downed it wasn't kind enough to capture it afterwards. If that people are too lazy to press a key to complete a mission, I don't think I can trust them to complete a series of objectives. Another examples are Assault, Spy, Mobile Defense, Hijack and Interception. Most of them are terrible when played in pubs.

Yes, killing everything in sight is fun, but at least make sure to complete the objective along the way. That's my saying.

Archived