Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Profit - PS4 Launch Trailer Megathread

tigrex

So Lech Kril gone bye bye?

So Vor gone bye bye?

Sarcasm aside, this is a trailer. It's to create hype, suggesting new things to come through CGI (animations, weapons, etc).

when we play through assassination missions multiple times, it's technically not canon, since it only ever happens once, but if they were to limit it gameplay-wise, the game itself wouldnt work. a cinematic however could be canon.

Edited by leonvision

Well I guess there goes my hope that one day this game will have some serious lore and villains that aren't outclassed by saturday morning cartoon villains.

Might as well have made Salav V yell "DAMN YOU TENNO I'LL BE BAAAACK" as he flew out the window.

(combat scenes were pretty cool tho)

Edited by Cabadath5

when we play through assassination missions multiple times, it's technically not canon, since it only ever happens once, but if they were to limit it gameplay-wise, the game itself wouldnt work. a cinematic however could be canon.

Could be, but it was already shown that it wasn't. If there's anything more canon it's what the game itself shows you, and the events that takes place there along with your involvement (Arid Fear, Gradivus Dilemma...)

"The Call" was made before U9, and with Vor. If we follow that, Vor's supposed to be dead already. However, if you play the tutorial, you see that the same scene plays differently and in the end, Excalibur collapses to be saved saved by the other 3 Tenno. This is confirmed officially through Captain Vor's lore page where he gives his report of failure to retrieve said Tenno on Pluto (which follows immediately the tutorial).

Additionally, there was the Fomorian Sabotage which was lead by Captain Vor later on. Again, he's still alive.

Arid Fear incident that happened later. After finding the coordinates on Phobos, Vor AND Kril teamed up to defend the outpost, and that's in the lore, meaning that both are still alive yet again.

All of these happened after "The Call" played in the Tutorial section, and they're all in the Lore page as official parts of the story.

Edited by Casardis

I wonder if the weapon energy trail shown with Trinity's Orthos are a new art direction they want to take with it. It seems much more dynamic and reminiscent of Soul Calibur's weapon trails, though a bit more chaotic since it stays longer (which can be a bad thing in gameplay since you may blind your own vision).

Still liking it though.

Trailer featuring Vor ("The Call", if I remember correctly) seemed better imo.

This one is good as well though, only I found it quite funny how Volt in trailer is badass when compared to one in game

maybe Volt's OP in U11  :O....

Trailer featuring Vor ("The Call", if I remember correctly) seemed better imo.

This one is good as well though, only I found it quite funny how Volt in trailer is badass when compared to one in game

Haven't used Volt against Corpus much have you? Volt may not do so hot against the two other factions but he wreaks Corpus day.

Haven't used Volt against Corpus much have you? Volt may not do so hot against the two other factions but he wreaks Corpus day.

I've been using him, have to say that Volt was invaluable during the Arid Fear event (speedrunning Corpus Void with him and team of fully rushed Lokis was a lot of fun), but...

I sold him. Because I needed a free slot.

I've been using him, have to say that Volt was invaluable during the Arid Fear event (speedrunning Corpus Void with him and team of fully rushed Lokis was a lot of fun), but...

I sold him. Because I needed a free slot.

I was a soldier once, then I took an arrow in the knee, and sold the warframe, because I needed a free slot

Edited by DE_Js

You don't know how I fangirled so hard because of that trailer. I almost bit my pillow in half because of all that awesomeness.

Alad, I'm coming for you. I'll make sure you'll see heaven and hell at the same time.

If you get what I mean.

Samantha, you won this thread already for me with the mental picture of Corpus-loving Mag fangirl desperately trying to bite her pillow with her fishbowl helmet. Uses Pull to finally tear it apart.

On topic: Kinda wished Rhino was wearing one of the fist-weapons available, or even better, improvising by yanking the Obex out of a Tech just before starting his Hulk-Smash-Rampage. The Obex being a low end weapon would break into the shell of Zanuka, to which Rhino replies with ORLY? and tears the CyberDoge in two.

Great battle moves, reinforced my idea that while we as players are min-maxers the Tenno care about style in their fights. I didnt think Banshee's glaive shot was misplaced, Sonar IMHO makes other frames "hear" more closely than she herself always does, while creating weaker spots for all to hit including herself.

Alad V clearly "links" with Zanuka by closing the collar and putting on the 80's New Wave glasses. He also clearly has trouble walking, which would somehow explain his poor positioning. Maybe instead of "linking" he empowers it with whatever powers the Corpus' religious beliefs and practices would give their leader. Yes, I say leader, but not as in Supreme Corpus Leader, but rather the spiritual one. Compared to the other Corpus bigshots we see on the video Alad V is the only one wearing a some sort of cover over the top of his head, which usually is a sign of higher spiritual power or position (comparison to the halo in christian religion).

Would have loved to see Trinity's Blessing being cast JUST before Volt's Overload to ensure Mag would survive the lasers if they went off. But then, wishful thinking, I would have loved just as much to see Mag punch Alad V in the face old style, THEN Pull him back to her and punch him harder to make him fly off the window.

All in all, loved the trailer. Will be gladly killing Alad V and his little dog for what he did to that Excalibro.

DE, I SO love you guys.. This was goosebumps and hysteria-tears inducing awesome!!

I was rooting for Rhino and Mag so loud, I woke up the kids, who I couldn't refuse to watch the trailer, and now they are so excited (especially bigec, who's playing warframe as long as I have) that they can't sleep.. I keep hearing them shout "rip them apart" and "yeah, out of the window with you!"...

Bad parenting.. psah.. see if I care.. They will grow up gamers and know what is an awesome game.. They are Tenno!!

Crap.. really looking forward to what you got in store for us next.. Cannot.Thank.You.Enough!