Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

Look, if you want to make Void Dash more easy to use on mobile because you're banking on the mobile version carrying the game into the future, then just say that.
Don't use half-hearted justifications for making things clunkier on PC (and consoles? I can't comment on that).
Unless there's a 'tap to go full distance' feature (or, in other words, we keep the old 'spammy' option), then what you've shown in the devstream is slower than what we have now, less dynamic than what we have now, and thus integrates into gameplay worse than what we have now.
Void Dash is, currently, a great tool to assist the mobility of any frame. To be honest, I even find it a little slow as is due to the transference animation. But if I'm running fissures on jupiter (or Venus which also has some very large tiles) with a slow Void Dash, I'll just slap thermal sunder on Titania and never look at other warframes when running those missions again.

5 minutes ago, Frame-5858 said:

Look, if you want to make Void Dash more easy to use on mobile because you're banking on the mobile version carrying the game into the future, then just say that.

I don't see how the change has anything to do with it. Honestly I think making the void dash more interactable makes it even more difficult to use on handheld devices.

3 hours ago, -KyloRen- said:

you have 10k hours in the game and you STILL have problems with the current dashing???

To be fair it really wasn't designed around Controller users...

So you say void dash is unreliable in a number of situations and needs to be tweaked, but with the current change that they showed us it will be bad for situations that are already working very well like for example eidolon hunting.

Eidolon Hunting Sucks Anyway.... If it were up to me I would completey Eradicate that game mode all together...

Would be cool if they make a solution that fits everyone and not just your way of playing, wont you say?

Nope....

Everybody should bend over backwards for me because Reasons...

3 hours ago, (PSN)LeonidasxGGG said:

Focus Rework to me should have Energy Recharge Void Dash on ALL schools. That's the main reason everyone uses Zenurik, so if you spread it to to other schools (and I know you'd probably nerf it a bit) it would leave players more lee-way to try and use other schools.

The Void Dash rework itself, I really don't see the point. I never eard ANYONE complain about it or said it needed to change. Also, it ads a new step to using the operator dash, which I don't think improves gameplay flow in any way.

Aaaah but here's the thing.... If most people are just using it for Energy then it really doesn't matter does it ?

3 hours ago, (XBOX)dataDyne087 said:

DO NOT change void dash, or if you do, let us have the decision to change between the types of Void Dash, one for The Drifter, and one for The Operator. That way the choice will be more impactful, and you don't force a new traversal style on anyone that preferred the tried and true old method. It seems like a lot of people are opposed, and considering that the DevStream showed someone familiar with it failing to perform a basic Dash a time or two because of the time it took to charge, it seems like you're setting yourselves up for failure.

I don't think you read exactly why they were doing this... 🤔

2 hours ago, (XBOX)dataDyne087 said:

There needs to be a choice, instead of DE, as much as I love them, just deciding to change an incredibly familiar mechanic for no other reason than trying to make it flow better, and just make it slower and clunkier in the process. Like I said before, not a good look when it fails because of how slow it is,

Again.... You should read why they decided to do this... It's right there in the OP...

2 hours ago, -KyloRen- said:

Im sure if you were doing eidolon hunts you wont say that its for the best...

You're probably right ... But there is more to Warframe than just Eidolon Hunts....

1 hour ago, NecroPed said:

And I mean no offense to Rebecca when I say this, but she doesn't seem like much of a pro...

Don't be talking Smack about Space Mom.... Space Mom is MLG... She's better at Warframe than anybody... 😤

1 hour ago, DDrago said:

Since Focus is being reworked why not add an "endless" nod for each tree that is in the center (starting nod) and the endless portion can be unlocked after max it then use X amount of eidolon shards to unlock it for example:

Madurai : Grant % damage overall (weapons and abilities or just weapons)

Unairu : Grants % damage reduction

Vazarin : Grants % health and shields or % heal rate

Naramon : Grants % melee damage

Zenuri: Grants % or flat passive energy regen

Not necessary these buffs but at least some variation that is worth investing into (please not some useless stuff operator health or something like that) 

as for stats they can be either high stats at the start (for example 20% dmg at the 1st endless nod then drops down to 1% and stays there) and keep the cost high at start then drops casually or just lock it down (1%) but keep the cost down

These changes will make the players return to focus even when they max their trees and just don't forget about it.

So basically Infinite Power Creep that all new players will never be able to Catch Up too... 🤔 ?

47 minutes ago, Frame-5858 said:

Don't use half-hearted justifications for making things clunkier on PC (and consoles? I can't comment on that).
Unless there's a 'tap to go full distance' feature (or, in other words, we keep the old 'spammy' option)

Except Spam is exactly what they are trying to get Rid.... 

48 minutes ago, Frame-5858 said:

then what you've shown in the devstream is slower than what we have now, less dynamic than what we have now, and thus integrates into gameplay worse than what we have now.

That's not an Accident.... They wanted it to be less Mobility Focused on Purpose....

Sadly we will have to wait until the update to see if whatever is replacing it is just as good or even better.

On 2022-03-10 at 10:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

Devstream #160 showed us a sneak peek of what’s to come with our next major update: Angels of the Zariman! Included alongside reveals like the Zariman tileset, Evolving Weapons, new Void Flood game mode and much more, we have some big mechanic reworks in store for you! Let’s break it down and sum up what was shown!

FOCUS SYSTEM REWORK

We are going all in on Focus changes for Warframe. This is a preview Dev Workshop to recap what we discussed on our latest Devstream: the real detailed write-up will come in April. Hopefully this can hold you over until then by providing an overview of our goals and how we aim to achieve them! Change is coming, Tenno!

We introduced Focus in 2015, and it’s undergone growth and changes in the years since its release. In 2022, we feel incremental changes won’t address systemic refresh needs, and our Angels of the Zariman Update will bring a reworked Focus.

What does this mean?

In practical terms:

• This will be our most comprehensive Focus rework to date.

• We are emphasizing gameplay changes & Focus school identity.

• Keep an open mind to rebalances & learning new gameplay since so much is changing.

• Operator-to-Warframe flow is receiving improvements. 

• Void Dash is changing to be a more controlled movement tool and ‘less spammy’. We are generally inspired by the change from Coptering to Bullet Jumping. Not that the current Void Dash is an unintended movement, but redoing it to better fit our combat is the goal. 

• A full respec will be required upon release to re-select your Focus Nodes!

We showed a first look at some Gameplay changes that we’ll summarize here, please watch the full stream for context:

General:

• Beyond Focus school reworks, Operator combat flow is getting improvements. Whenever you are in Operator Mode, the Melee input will now instantly bring your Warframe to your location to execute a melee attack. This replaces ‘Void Blast’. Any interactions that relied on Void Blast will be audited to ensure everything still works with other Void combat abilities!

• Void Dash: this is now a telegraphed movement tool with more interdirectionality and pivoting potential to better traverse the game’s tiles and combat spaces. Chained-forward traversal is still a valid option, but it has been redesigned. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/MildBlazingJaguarDxAbomb-lIacZK0xfZcQO2Mh 

Unairu Changes Preview: 

• We wanted to use Unairu to preview how deep the rework goes because it is one of our least popular Focus schools, and demonstrating how we aim to improve it is key.

• Virtually the entire tree has been reviewed and changed.  

• Unairu further becomes the defensive / stalwart School of Focus. A sturdy mountain to be contested with. 

• There are now more skill opportunities for players, with the example of being able to time a reaction in the Operator transference-death animation to immediately summon your Warframe in place and flow right back into combat, rather than being sent to your Warframe’s location. 

• All numbers shown in the stream are subject to change. 

Beyond Gameplay:

We are adding a cosmetic Focus shop to spend your unused points in! Things like Landing Craft ornaments and more await students of their favorite Focus School. 

EXIMUS REWORK

The main objective of this Eximus Rework is to enhance their visibility in battle, both in how they function and their formidableness. We achieve this in 2 ways: 

1. Amplify their threat with increased time-to-kill - accompanied with justifying rewards!

1. More on this in our official Dev Workshop coming soon.

2. Enhancing their visual and mechanical functions to be more identifiable in combat.

These two shifts for Eximus aim to make them more challenging to kill, but also make their specific threats easier to identify and give a more tactical way to evade. 

Devstream #160 debuted 3 of the various revamped Eximus units: Blitz, Energy Leech, and Arson. 

Let’s dive into their respective changes!

BLITZ

Current

A Seismic Shockwave knockdown with short range.

New

Blitz Eximus Units now summon a frontal chain Blast attack by slamming their fist into the ground that applies a knockdown and Blast Status Effect. This Blast attack is detected by an audio cue and FX of the oncoming Blast erupting from below.

Visual Changes

Blitz Eximus units are now covered in crackling energy, with the addition of small staggered explosions coming from their limbs. 

ENERGY LEECH / PARASITIC 

Current

An invisible aura that drains Energy over time.

New

Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximus units now periodically spawn an Energy Leech Zone where players are near/standing. The Energy Leech Zone is detonated within seconds, draining a large amount of Energy if not tactically avoided. This Zone is detected by an expanding energy zone and audible cue on placement & detonation.

Visual Changes

Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximus units now appear shrouded in Void-like energy, manifesting in short tendrils swirling from their body. The Energy Leech Zone spawns with a matching energy style and appearance before detonating.  

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObservantJoyousChamoisPRChase-VXXy9N_Dm7DbGfi4

ARSON / CAUSTIC 

Current

A concussive Fire Blast attack that knockdowns and damages enemies caught in its wake.

New

Arson Eximus units maintain a Fire Blast attack, but you can now counter the Fire Blast by simply rolling through it to negate its oncoming effect. However, Damage is now higher along with a forced Heat Status Effect when struck.

Visual Changes

Arson Eximus units are now completely engulfed in roaring flames. They occasionally send out these deadly flames in all directions as a slow rolling burst. The Fire Blast attack has been visually refreshed to not only match the fire FX engulfing the Eximus unit, but also to represent a “roaring wave” of fire as opposed to a blinding wall.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EvilAgreeableCormorantAMPEnergy-8QhmB5ZZF0wgzE2i 

Thank you for reading, Tenno. See you in April for our full Workshops! 

Are we finally going to get just one lense to earn focus for one generic pool to share between the school of our choosing? 

33 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Это не случайность.... Они хотели, чтобы он был менее ориентирован на мобильность....

Then let the jump-shot be removed at the same time, and then so as not to be tormented by inventing how to slow down the gameplay in a game focused on speed. :person_facepalming:

As far as operator/focus changes, PLEASE let passives be actual passives or at the VERY LEAST give something like a branching/mutually exclusive upgrade choice for those that dont find separate systems from core gameloop something of interest. I will never play warframe for the operator mechanics, the reason why i play it in the first place is the frames and arsenal. Active """passives""" were the bane of the first attempt at focus and are still a issue for anyone who uses Zenurik for the energy field, Madurai for damage boost or Naramon stalk for crit, technically Unairu for armor strip and Vaz for heal invul too but thats at least extremely inefficient and reactive respectively to the point where people ignore it or just use for cheese (again, respectively).

For example for the Poise one could have a little two arrow circle next to it that after filling out the tree unlocks a alternative version where (no matter if frame or operator) you build up stacks that grant immunity to the next instance of cc that takes more if you have rapidly lost procs. Lets say 7 stacks max and starting that on pop grant 0.5s invul to cc (including the triggering one) and every x/x-n1/x-n2 seconds recover a stack in recharge sequence as long as the player wasnt hit by cc. Or even better if you want something more proactive rather than making the DS3 hyperarmor mistake, let another in game system fuel it, like 5 energy for shake stagger, 25 for proper long stun/hard stumble, 50 for knockback/knockdown/bounce or instead of energy stacks of melee combo where the combat fuels the ability to keep sticking in combat.

3 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I don't do them often. Regardless, i think eidolon hunts is bad justification to avoid changes. If it's the only real reason people don't want it to change then I personally think it needs to change. I don't think something that is part of the core gameplay should be dictated by an optional niche mission that's often ignored by a lot of players.

What will you gain from this change that you didn't had before? I'm really curious to know what were the problems with dashing for players like you...
If you only want change just for the sake to change something, then that could have more negative outcome instead of positive one.

9 minutes ago, -KyloRen- said:

What will you gain from this change that you didn't had before? I'm really curious to know what were the problems with dashing for players like you...
If you only want change just for the sake to change something, then that could have more negative outcome instead of positive one.

No I think that's just you being a pessimist.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Montifex said:

Will Eidolon shards still be convertible to focus after the rework?

I'm curious if the non Special Eidolon Shards will be Convertible as those have absolutely no use right now.... Even the Helminth doesn't want them... 👀

5 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I don't want it tied to which operator/drifter you choose. I'd much prefer the choice be aesthetic only. 

In regards to the void dash I'm looking forward to the new changes. Having control over the length of the dash is something I've wanted for a while. I think it might take a bit to get used to the changes, but I really think it's for the best. 

You already have control of the distance, just look at the ground where you want to end up and dash.

It's really not that hard and after a few hours getting used to that you'll find void dashing really fluid, fast and fun.

The new void dash is a snails pace by comparison, we don't need bullet jump type movement on the operator when we already have it on the frame. This change goes against the idea of using the operator and frame in concert, it instead reinforces just always using your frame.

On 2022-03-11 at 4:17 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Not really digging these void dash changes. It feels slow and cumbersome. If I want to have a shorter dash, I can easily just look down at the floor or do a little jump and then dash down. Never would've crossed my mind to have a telegraph for it, because it's really not all that necessary.

I'd rather keep the old dash.

or just unbind the one that makes you go further, does de even play their own game?

22 hours ago, fdge said:

I like how people are complaining about the changes to void dash as if they have used it already.

I kind of hope that the change to void dash can be a toggle option that can be saved via Arsenal Loadouts, along with which school abilities are toggled.  With the option to toggle how void dash works, those that prefer to slam into every wall can still do so.

How is Unariu Wisp going to work with the new melee change?

The 'wait and see' opinion is kind of mute at this point. We know what the gameplay is like and how that feels. We can see the new system in action and can quite easily extrapolate that visual into how that will feel during gameplay.

The new dash removes a movement tool from the players and adds a redundant movement tool.

As for the changes to unairu wisp etc. de notably avoided talking about how the abilities will transfer over to the new system, this is a key indicator that de themselves have yet to figure it out.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

cat-bearded-dragon.gif

You might even like it.... 👀

I actually play Warframe because I like how fast and twitchy it is, and Operator combat is fun to me because of having super vulnerable but also lightning fast response time gameplay.

Like, this looks slow, awkward, and poorly thought out. Rebecca was using void mode to get around slower than you could just mod a normal Warframe with some extra movement or even just play one of the Warframes with a movement skill. It's so not hype, sorry ^^;

That kitty is hype though!

46 minutes ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

You already have control of the distance, just look at the ground where you want to end up and dash.

What if you want to control how far you want to go in Any Direction except the Ground ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's really not that hard and after a few hours getting used to that you'll find void dashing really fluid, fast and fun.

Seems like you are forcing your Point Of View on others....  🤔

What was it Auntie Megan said again ?

On 2022-03-11 at 5:43 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Keep an open mind to rebalances & learning new gameplay since so much is changing.

what-she-said-tracey-matney.gif

The new void dash is a snails pace by comparison, we don't need bullet jump type movement on the operator when we already have it on the frame. This change goes against the idea of using the operator and frame in concert, it instead reinforces just always using your frame.

That's True.... For mobility.... Which is exactly why it was made Slower....

You know you would be alot less Upset if you just took a moment to understand what the point of the change was.... 👀

24 minutes ago, (PSN)BdotRASS said:

The 'wait and see' opinion is kind of mute at this point. We know what the gameplay is like and how that feels. We can see the new system in action and can quite easily extrapolate that visual into how that will feel during gameplay.

I disagree....

The new dash removes a movement tool from the players and adds a redundant movement tool.

Again.... Making Operators more than simply Movement was the whole point....

The only thing DE did wrong here was showing us what they were taking away but being vague on what was being given in return....

As for the changes to unairu wisp etc. de notably avoided talking about how the abilities will transfer over to the new system, this is a key indicator that de themselves have yet to figure it out.

Hence why you have to wait & see.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

I actually play Warframe because I like how fast and twitchy it is, and Operator combat is fun to me because of having super vulnerable but also lightning fast response time gameplay.

You must like Devil May Cry 4 & 5 then I'm assuming ?

Like, this looks slow, awkward, and poorly thought out. Rebecca was using void mode to get around slower than you could just mod a normal Warframe with some extra movement or even just play one of the Warframes with a movement skill. It's so not hype, sorry ^^;

Everything Space Mom does is Hype so you're just wrong by that reason alone.... 😝

As for how slow it is.... Maybe the Naramon School will have being Faster as it's main Focus.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have Faith in Space Mom !!!

That kitty is hype though!

That kitty has to attend Mandatory Harrasment Classes and 50 Hours Of Community Service.... 👀

It also has to pay for the Lizard's Therapy.... 👀

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You must like Devil May Cry 4 & 5 then I'm assuming ?

Everything Space Mom does is Hype so you're just wrong by that reason alone.... 😝

As for how slow it is.... Maybe the Naramon School will have being Faster as it's main Focus.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have Faith in Space Mom !!!

That kitty has to attend Mandatory Harrasment Classes and 50 Hours Of Community Service.... 👀

It also has to pay for the Lizard's Therapy.... 👀

I don't know what Devil May Cry is lol. I really like Animal Crossing and puzzle adventure games but also Hyper Light Drifter and I have this parkour game called Deadcore I keep playing too ^^;

Edit: Okay I watched a gameplay clip and like.. He, I think, was skateboarding on a missile? And then jumped off the missile and it flew into a demon, all accompanied by a cheesy rock ensemble. I can really appreciate how dumb that is, it's also just too gory to me xD

Space Mom also hyped Empyrean. You can't just be blind to the fact that it's literally her job to hype stuff whether it's good or not.

I hope that the kitty and the lizard are both okay in the end.

2 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

I don't know what Devil May Cry is lol. I really like Animal Crossing and puzzle adventure games but also Hyper Light Drifter and I have this parkour game called Deadcore I keep playing too ^^;

Not really interest in Hyperlight Drifter but Deadcore looks Promising.... Bookmarked for Further Evaluation.... 👀

3 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Space Mom also hyped Empyrean. You can't just be blind to the fact that it's literally her job to hype stuff whether it's good or not.

Yeah but Space Mom's Joy is genuine....

You can tell she really loves That new Dash....  😎

3 hours ago, ChainsOps said:

Do we need to farm focus again?

No. The post says there will be a "full respec". This means everything will be wiped clean and all your spent focus will be refunded, so you can reactive all the NEW focus abilities.

How much will the new focus nodes cost? Unknown. But I feel its safe to assume the prices will still be fair in accordance to your refunded focus points.

Will used Eidolon shards be refunded? Uknown. We will find out more when DE officially releases Focus School Changes Notes. Angels Of Zariman comes out in April which is still a while away. Wasn't mentioned if it will be beginning, mid, or end.

After looking through the forum post, is there any way we'd be able to get the option to use the older Void Dash instead of being forced to use the new one?

I think that'd be a win-win for players that rather keep the old Void Dash versus the players that prefer the newer one.

This way, you can choose which Void Dash fits your gameplay the best. It allows for more build customization in a way, which is a good thing.

29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What if you want to control how far you want to go in Any Direction except the Ground ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seems like you are forcing your Point Of View on others....  🤔

Any surface will suffice & there's not much need to stop in a specific area in the middle of the air.

Going by your need to reply to almost everyone in the thread that has a differing opinion to you; I'd argue that it is you who is trying to force an opinion on others.

As I mentioned to someone else, the 'wait and see' approach is kind of moot. We know intimately how the current system feels and how it looks, so it's easy enough to extrapolate a good idea of the new system's feel from what we've seen already. 

In addition to the de stated it is categorically a speed nerf and is designed as such. Going slower in the game feels bad for many players, it's one of the reasons so many people use volt/wukong/titania/etc. and unless de are planning an extensive rebuild of every oversized, empty and complicated to traverse tile in the game, as well as completely recoding the objective spawning procedures and shrinking dead space in open worlds; this change is nothing but a qol nerf that solely hurts the playerbase.

I know alot of people are complaining about the speed of void dash, that it has been slowed down, it think DE is trying to figure out a way to cut out brain dead gameplay, I think they want to initiate more skill into the game, without slowing down the game( which is gonna take alot of work), that's why some eximus changes are being made. I think it's all just to make gameplay more rewarding, Warframe feels good but not so rewarding. I dunno if this the direction the devs wanna take the game but I support it and want Warframe to grow and be the best it is, keep up the good work DE 💪

Archived