Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Dev Workshop PREVIEW

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

ust. Wait!

look... "just wait" is... a fair say. it's a good thing to wait... but not in De's cas.e because if we don't scream now ( and i insist on the scremaing term ) , then they'll never do anything about it... :( until at least 5 more years... 

Liking every change. I hope the devs don't listen to speedrunners, because if you've seen any Eidolon speedrun you know it looks ridiculous with those dashes. The kneejerk reactions are equal to the blink reaction. I highly disagree with this outrage and I highly disapprove the loud vigilantes.

Loved the dev stream, only to see the community react like this afterwards. Sigh.

Just. Wait!

I don't have formulated an opinion on Current vs Proposed Void Dash, but DE is really bad at implementing late feedback so we need a dedicated Dev Workshop about it, explaining how it would work and showcasing before-after comparisons in video/gif form, asap.

Just now, Petroklos said:

Wukong. Melee 2.999. AoEs. Viral. Most of Railjack.

Wukong is good as it is, it is finally used and not in an overwhelmed kind of way ( except for low level missions that are so boring , then ofc the clone will be used. the mission is brain numbingly boring, so... ) as for Viral... what's the problem? it's just like corrosive back then. there's bound to be an absolute best element :/ ofc i'd like all of them to be equally good. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Seems like you do if you're having issue with triggering Protective Dash without overshooting.

When you're several hours into a long endurance run surrounded by enemies that can literally one shot you. Tell me you won't be making the occasional mistakes every now and then.

Besides, like I said. It's poor collision detection that ends up screwing me over more than lack of skill. 

I hope that energizing dash becomes a waybound, even if it gets a slight nerf to its current numbers. It would be similar to what happened with Itzal and the blink. Keeping it exclusive to Zenurik or removing it are bad options and a wasted oportunity. 

I´m not convinced about the dash change. Seems slower. which is totally against "the flow" of Warframe´s fast paced gameplay.  

Thanks for the update peak, I´m looking forward to it

9 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

And while we're at it, I hope they fix the collision detection as well. I've lost count of the amount of times I've dashed through my Warframe only to have it not activate Protective Dash. So frustrating.

Why are you bothering with protective dash over Magus repair? 

FocusProtectiveDash.png
FocusNodeRing b.png
Allies hit by Void Dash are granted immunity from damage for 2s / 3s / 4s / 5s and healed 25% / 35% / 45% / 60% over 5s. FocusLensFocus b.png50000 to unlock

FocusLensFocus b.png80,000 / 108,284 / 160,000
FocusPool.png 1 / 3 / 5 / 7

Magus repair 

On Void Mode
Heal Warframes within 30m by 25% Health/s

When you're several hours into a long endurance run surrounded by enemies that can literally one shot you. Tell me you won't be making the occasional mistakes every now and then.

Besides, like I said. It's poor collision detection that ends up screwing me over more than lack of skill. 

Your issues are not with the speed of the dash then but the hitbox. Changing the speed won't help you there.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Raptor6001 said:

Why are you bothering with protective dash over Magus repair? 

FocusProtectiveDash.png
FocusNodeRing b.png
Allies hit by Void Dash are granted immunity from damage for 2s / 3s / 4s / 5s and healed 25% / 35% / 45% / 60% over 5s. FocusLensFocus b.png50000 to unlock

FocusLensFocus b.png80,000 / 108,284 / 160,000
FocusPool.png 1 / 3 / 5 / 7

Magus repair 

On Void Mode
Heal Warframes within 30m by 25% Health/s

It's not the healing that is required. It's the 5 seconds of invulnerability.

Magus Repair is pretty much useless in the shield gating meta. 

Just now, mikakor said:

more like an history of doing a lot of nerf and way less buff. i can't remember the last time they buffed "oto much" something. 

I'll encourage you then to create a new account then and try comparing the new melee to the ranged weapons from the new player's perspective. It really tells a lot about DE's balancing tendencies.

Also, in general, you know what is buffed too much? Us. Like, the players, relative to the enemies. How the game felt five years ago versus how it feels now. If they didn't buff anything too much, and only nerfed everything, I wouldn't need to take breaks from the game to not fall asleep.

So.. yeah, I wonder if this thread counts as a backlash enough for DE to consider any changes...

19 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

What a stacked Devstream. Really good stuff. I'm very much looking forward to all of it, but here's some feedback:

• The new Gamemode that got showcased is exactly what Warframe needs, but its focus on Mobility will be trivialized by Wukong's Cloud Walker.
  • We need a Dev Workshop on the Void Dash changes asap. Detailed explanation of how it works and gif comparisons of before-after.
  • New Eximus Units seem great but still too squishy. Also a bit visually noisy, their Particles could be toned down and their Red Outline removed.

But other than that, I'm very excited now.

i would like to know y u want eximus units to not be noticeable in missions like they currently are witch is the big part of the change to eximus in the update

Just now, ant99999 said:

Also, in general, you know what is buffed too much? Us. Like, the players, relative to the enemies. How the game felt five years ago versus how it feels now. If they didn't buff anything too much, and only nerfed everything, I wouldn't need to take breaks from the game to not fall asleep.

us...? look, i'd say yes, but this is a horde shooter. we are demi gods creations against a horde. it's... kinda normal to be overtuned, no...? if we weren't, if it was... different, then warframe as a game, as a playstyle, would be different. kinda like if you change Anthem's gameplay to be more like battlefield. more... simple and realistic? i dunno if i say this correctly. it's like you would be trying to make "right" into "left" , no...? 

7 minutes ago, frogov99 said:

I hope that energizing dash becomes a waybound, even if it gets a slight nerf to its current numbers. It would be similar to what happened with Itzal and the blink. Keeping it exclusive to Zenurik or removing it are bad options and a wasted oportunity. 

I´m not convinced about the dash change. Seems slower. which is totally against "the flow" of Warframe´s fast paced gameplay.  

Thanks for the update peak, I´m looking forward to it

a slight nerf to Energizeing dash in exchange for it being waybound...? 

YES. 

also do the same for the naramon combo decay ( trash mechanic btw, either you full focus on melee or you never use it as full potential ;_; ) 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Your issues are not with the speed of the dash then but the hitbox. Changing the speed won't help you there.

My issues are with both. You wouldn't want to drive a car that only goes from 0 to 100 in a split second. You need some semblance of control.

And no. Dashing into the floor is not my idea of control.

Home.

You may be from the far-ends of the world, separated by the tallest mountains and the deepest seas, and still be in the same place. You are raised by tough love and embraced by the same people who push you past what you perceive as your limits. Even through the most complex language and cultural barriers, we find a way to play and improve together in this small community that players such as myself call home. 

There will come a time when the sun sets in Cetus, and there will be a deafening silence. The cries of an Eidolon will sound unanswered underneath the starry sky. Gunshots and call-outs that once echoed past the hallowed valleys of the plains will be long gone, and the curators of these wondrous worlds will ponder the silence. Players who once called themselves brothers-in-arms would have thrown up those same arms in defeat, the clatter of their rifles and gunblades the last thing to ever grace the Cetus gate. 

For years these same brothers-in-arms fought alongside each other, against a common enemy. This common enemy does not rise out of a body of water, but cowers in a modest-storied building in Ontario, Canada. For years they've innovated and fought a silent battle against this common enemy. No matter the odds, they found a way to overcome them. This time around, however, the long-awaited coup de grâce has arrived at our doorstep.

A lamb to the slaughter, though it's far from being none the wiser. The lamb all at the mercy of the cold steel pressed against its throat. It knows it's destiny as it's being led down this trodden path, the same path walked by raid-masters, endurance runners, and now Eidolon hunters. With a swift stroke this lamb will pass on, though a merciful, painless passing is the last thing on the mind of its executioner.

Maybe one day, in the comforting embrace of those it will always hold dear, far-removed from the cruelty it's known for its entire life, this lamb will find its home again. 

My issues are with both. You wouldn't want to drive a car that only goes from 0 to 100 in a split second. You need some semblance of control.

And no. Dashing into the floor is not my idea of control.

this guy gets it

this isnt a change meant for open worlds, and if they want speed, volt zephyr titania wukong gauss ect exist ontop of arcwing 

Void Dash should be a quick tap to maintain current functionality, and a hold to send out the distance telegraph.

In addition, I did not see any Waybounds under the Unairu school on the Devstream showcase. I saw one from another Focus school, which presumably has not yet been reworked given how Rebecca said the rework was going. Given that Waybounds are currently the primary way to increase base stats and general usability for Operators, I am concerned that we will be losing those stat buffs. Will Waybounds be added back in, or will the stat boosts they provide just become the new default to maintain current quality of life?

1 minute ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

i would like to know y u want eximus units to not be noticeable in missions like they currently are witch is the big part of the change to eximus in the update

Never said that. They are too noisy, their particles could be significantly toned down and they'd still stand out fine. The way the seemed on the Devstream, it's so intense that not only do they stand out, but they also cover up nearby Enemies making target recognition difficult.

As for their outline, it serves no purpose with their new, much better, visual identifiers. So just take it off because not only is it additional visual noise but it also clashes with non red hue colored Particles, like the Energy Leech Eximus's purple-blues.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

this guy gets it

this isnt a change meant for open worlds, and if they want speed, volt zephyr titania wukong gauss ect exist ontop of arcwing 

that's the problem. we already have movements for close tiles. our bloody warframes. while the operator is making every frames able to cross long distances, and fater than archwing to some degree. that's just a nerf, a bad one, and a bad game design change. 

It is worth considering pulling back on the void dash change, Warframe is famous for its mobility and speed. The use of void dash is a staple method of travel and speed. Reducing the speed could also actually reduce combat viability since using arcanes like magus lockdown will be less effective due to the speed and range loss. This lower effectiveness leads to a lower player desire to use the item. A loss in desire to use operator arcanes and speed will reduce desire to use operator overall. Making both versions of void dash available seems like a better option since it will broaden operator use cases. Allowing for both types of dashes fits the goal of making operator usage more integral to gameplay since more will be possible. Perhaps a toggle in the options or a tap/hold function. 

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

that's the problem. we already have movements for close tiles. our bloody warframes. while the operator is making every frames able to cross long distances, and fater than archwing to some degree. that's just a nerf, a bad one, and a bad game design change. 

this isnt about movement, uliterly need to use void dashas a combat tool

every complaint is "y u make me go slower cross the map" 

say it with me COMBAT

say it with me again C O M B A T 

all im hearing is everyone wants itzals old blink as a passive for warframes at this point 

Just now, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

this isnt about movement, uliterly need to use void dashas a combat tool

every complaint is "y u make me go slower cross the map" 

say it with me COMBAT

say it with me again C O M B A T 

except you can use it for combat already without any problem... it's easy. EASY. if you actually take the time to learn how to, ofc. but it doens't look like you do. 

Overall super excited to see the changes coming to the focus trees!

However, I am concerned with the changes to void dash. Please, please listen to the community here DE, void dash is an awesome traveling ability and is very integral to the smooth combat flow of Warframe that we have come to love. No other game feels as good to play and the current void dash is a part of that. What was shown off in the Devstream today looked very slow and clunky. Running into walls with void dash is not an issue that needs to be fixed!

Meleeing to get out does sound helpful and sounds like it would be a good change!

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

except you can use it for combat already without any problem... it's easy. EASY. if you actually take the time to learn how to, ofc. but it doens't look like you do. 

did i ever say i didnt know how to void dash? im over 5k hours in... ho would i not know how to play the game at that point

dont treat me as dumb plz

also we dont have mouse and keyboard on ps4 like xbox does because DE refuses to fix it 

Just now, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

did i ever say i didnt know how to void dash? im over 5k hours in... ho would i not know how to play the game at that point

then idk what's your problem mate ^^" the current iteration of void dash is great already. it function as BOTH mobility and combat. even combat, yes. and it's FAST. everything the new iteration will do, the current one does it already, but better. so what's your point?! D: 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

It makes you do it in The War Within..

Whoops. Read too fast. I'm the dumb one.

Archived