Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora's Mix Volume 1: Update 31.2.0 + 31.2.0.1

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

Please make Amalgam Furax Body Count knock down enemies again

Perhaps you should take a look at this, 

Update 31.1 (2022-02-09)

• The Amalgam Furax Body Count Mod now applies a Blast proc and Stagger on Melee kills.
    • The original Mod description stated that “Melee kills knockdown enemies within 15m” but that functionality has been missing in-mission since Blast Status was changed in Update 27.2 to no longer knockdown enemies. In addition to the Blast Status, we have also added the stagger to restore its original function pre-Status overhaul. We have also updated the description to be more accurate to the Mod’s function.
  • Like 1

Dear DE the overall problems with most augments are NOT the numbers it is  the mechanic, giving me combo count on excalibur one wont be useful ever unless it gives straight max combo with a single hit (which wont ever happen I  am sure). 

Increasing numbers doesnt make bad/useless augments more popular, only changing or editing them can. I know pablo said on stream they dont want to change them but then at least add stuff. For example on Excal 1 instead of ,,only'' combo count add a combo count chance for a duration too giving people the opportunity to spamm heavy attacks ONLY with excalibur for example. 

Or Inaros Sand Specter augment, this one is completely pathetic, 2x damage is still less than the average skana does with 3 mods on it.  

Just give them either a tank  link similar to nekros shadows so the few people who use Inaros as a tank can use abilities to strengthen Inaros tank ability OR make the damage done TO the specters heal you (a certain % ofc)

Go trough the augments like this and not simply change 2 numbers and think you ,,buffed'' the augment in any capacity that people will  actually care much. 

The only exception to that is the garuda dreadward becomes it feels comfortable enough with extremely high duration (around 300%) to rely on that mod instead of shieldgating to survive. 

If you (for some reason) cant think of anything just feel free to add a workshop for augments, put the ones in question into the workshop and let the players theorize, this way you can not only get MUCH better results but also earn positive PR for listening to the player base

Edited by FSK41
typo
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Many Made Whole
Convert 10 Riven Slivers into a Riven Mod.

i have to voice my opinion and say i'm not a fan of this one... unless riven slivers are becoming more common? plus riven mods have a cap

Edited by EdinaMonsoon
  • Like 3

Il y a 2 heures, XHADgaming a dit :
Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

The Many Made Whole
Convert 10 Riven Slivers into a Riven Mod.

Please reconsider this challenge, the amount of riven mods a person can acquire is limited. Making a challenge tied to it doesn't seem like a good idea. And riven slivers are incredibility difficult to come by in addition as well. On average you have to spend over 5 minutes for one Riven Sliver, making this challenge take at least an hour which is much longer than most other challenges (the next longest I can think of is the eidolon Hydrolyst at 30 minutes on average, or exploiter orb at around 40 minutes if including diluted thermia)

Its a weekly elite no rush, you got time to collect 10 riven slivers in a ducking week, and if you dont have enough space for riven dismantle some or sell the trash you don't want, problem solved.

• Like 1

why am i supposed to like sandstorm it dont do anything. i dont like this ability and the mod does nothing. my weapon can dish more damage and doesnt fling mobs across the room. tell me why?

the mods move and spin in a manner that not inductive to gameplay. how about just spin around inaros and suck to center and stick to floor so its line up for his 1 or his 4. Quicksand

why cant you make it lift mobs and i and walk with them and they slowly turn to shadows since that your MO for this frame.

or just cast the entire area in blinding sand and loose the spin altogether, for 25% to att speed.

how about you increase the damage to 1000% and slap and 5 min timer or a charges per mission on it and its does f ton of damage instantly. inaros doesnt need to use abilities bank on that, that is his MO

cast to instantly change surrounding mobs to shadows # base on str, so you have more chance to covert more shadows

i know you want stat changes but sandstorm sucks not the good kind

i wish i could get refunded on the next helminth for him because ill have to replace the ability again

Edited by Krent_X

2 minutes ago, AkatsukiNo07 said:

Hate to break it but the NW is not accessible or even in the esc or the chart UI, basically it's non-existent, so that's something yet to be seen thanks.

"**NOTE: Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol.1 will officially begin later today, so that we can synchronize the start time across all platforms! "

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Excalibur: Surging Dash
Before: Each enemy hit during Slash Dash further increases your melee counter by 4.
New: Doubled Melee Combo gained from Surging Dash.

The way this is worded sounds like we went from quadriple down to double. Could someone rephrase it for me, please.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Explosive Barrels will now knock down enemies; if they are within 0-2m they will be knocked down by the blast, at 2-6m they will suffer a heavy stagger, and at 6-10m they will suffer a light stagger and take 800 damage. For the Large Corpus Exploding Barrels, these values are 0-3m, 3-8m, and 8-12m with 1200 damage. If they die from the blast, they will ragdoll instead. 

• When Blast damage was reworked in Update 27.2, enemies stopped getting knocked over by Explosive Barrels. 

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

59 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Perhaps you should take a look at this, 

Update 31.1 (2022-02-09)

• The Amalgam Furax Body Count Mod now applies a Blast proc and Stagger on Melee kills.
    • The original Mod description stated that “Melee kills knockdown enemies within 15m” but that functionality has been missing in-mission since Blast Status was changed in Update 27.2 to no longer knockdown enemies. In addition to the Blast Status, we have also added the stagger to restore its original function pre-Status overhaul. We have also updated the description to be more accurate to the Mod’s function.

One of the major reasons knockdown is preferable is that it plays into Fist weapons having a 30x damage multiplier on ground finishers, versus 8x on stagger-induced finishers. Not to mention it was a far more reliable method of CC than stagger alone.

Those augment changes are generally underwhelming (aside from the Ash augment addition - providing it buffs Ash himself as well - that looks like the solely SOLID addition of the whole bunch).

A big problem is that the augment MECHANICS (and oftentimes, the ability in and off itself) need reworks and/or additions, not just small numerical buffs. Which is why Ash's augment buff is good; It adds a clearly useful boost to himself (and allies), alongside keeping its supportive niche intact.

But, lets be less whiny and more constructive, so let's go through each one:

Spoiler

Ash: Smoke Shadow:

Before: Conceals allies within 15m for 8s.
New: Added +150% Critical Hit Chance buff while the player is in stealth.

As mentioned, this is a useful addition (especially if it works for Ash himself), and feels worthy of a modslot. Not only that, it fits his "offensive stealth" style - and now makes modding for duration viable.

Atlas: Titanic Rumbler
Before: Create a single rumbler with 300% health and 300% damage. 
New: Rumbler now has 300% health and 400% damage, with 300% more range to hit multiple enemies with its melee attack.

I'd say this is KINDA useable - but his Rumblers need baseline buffing. For example, I'd add/change 3 things:
1) Rumblers should have no duration. This gives value to Petrify's healing mechanic.
2) In addition to giving Rubble on death, make them also drop Rubble when they are HURT (with a cooldown to it, time of the cooldown reduced with increased Ability Duration, making it somewhat worthwhile to mod for Duration still). And the Titanic Rumbler augment could make it drop 2 pieces every time it is hurt.
3) When you cast Landslide, make the Rumbler(s) gain a Landslide charge - When they get close enough to an enemy, they'll then consume the charge to do a mini-Landslide too (with their damage based of your Landslide's modding and all). The augment would then increase this mini-Landslide damage by 4x.

With those 3 base changes, the massive statboosts might actually make it a a genuinely worthwhile slot.

Baruuk: Endless Lullaby
Before: Performing a finisher on a sleeping enemy would retrigger Lull for 100% of the remaining duration.
New: In addition to finishers, Lull’s refill duration now triggers when a sleeping enemy is directly killed (does not trigger on assists). Can now only be triggered once per 3 seconds.

I guess this is ok? Not needing to do finishers makes it less clunky, that's for sure.

Excalibur: Furious Javelin
Before: Each enemy hit would increase Excalibur’s Melee Damage by 10% for 16s
New: Melee damage is now increased to 15% at maximum Rank.

Still terrible - both the base ability AND the augment.
The base ability could be so much cooler, for starter; Imagine casting the ability, and now you have blades orbitting you, dealing damage to enemies getting closeby, along with providing protection to Excalibur (basic 60%-ish damage reduction or whatever) for a duration (It's similar to Warding Halo, but with a timer instead of health, really). Recast it = You send them out to impale enemies like now, but also make it interact/benefit/contribute to the melee combo counter, so they have some natural kit-synergy.

As for the augment, I'd simply add to its current effect: Also grants X% damage reduction, per enemy struck (up to 60%, the same as the orbitting blade protecton would be at) - basicly extending the survivability portion of the ability. Also, a bit higher duration for the augment would be wonderful.

Excalibur: Surging Dash
Before: Each enemy hit during Slash Dash further increases your melee counter by 4.
New: Doubled Melee Combo gained from Surging Dash.

Still not that great. I think older Slash Dash (the long straight dash-line akin to current Rhino Charge) was much better functionality-wise. If it behaved like that, along with having slight aimability up/down like now, it'd be better at a base, imo.
As for the augment, I'd go all anime on it: Also increases the width of the attack by 50/100/150200%, and makes struck enemies paralyzed for 2 second (time unmoddable). After the paralysis ends, they are then knocked down and have a 100/200/300/400% chance to suffer from a Slash-proc (based of the Slash Dash damage). However, the dash now has a 5 second cooldown.
I.e. the augment makes Slash Dash into a super powerful, wide and flashy strike, but make it less spammable as a tradeoff.

Gara: Mending Splinters
Before: For each target affected, Splinter Storm heals 3 Health per second.
New: Heal rate has been increased to 15 Health per second per target affected.

I guess this is ok, as that healing rate could prove to now be useable I guess?

Garuda: Dread Ward
Before: Become unkillable for 5 seconds when Dread Mirror kills a target by ripping its life force.
New: The invulnerability duration has been increased to 8 seconds. Dread Ward also has new visual feedback when casted.

Still a bit of an oddball augment imo. Especially now when you made her 4-spamming also grant invulnerability anyway... Needs a complete rethink, but got nothing right now.

Harrow: Warding Thurible
Before: Allies in range take 40% less damage while channeling Thurible, and grant 0.5 additional energy charge whenever damaged.
New: Allies will now take 50% less damage, and are granted 1 Energy when damaged.

These bonuses should be active not just during the channeling, but also during the Thurible-buff afterwards. If needed, reduce the damage reduction cap from 90% to 75%, or make it half as strong during the after-buff (i.e. max 90% during the channeling, and max 45% during the after-buff)

Harrow: Tribunal
Before: Other players will proc 50% of the effects of Penance and Thurible when attacking chained enemies.
New: Allies now proc 100% of the effects.

I mean, this is already powerful effect - but most players don't play "support". Not sure this augment needed more POTENCY, but rather some EASE-OF-USE (or "selfishness" added to it, something that gives solo Harrow a use of this augment too).

Chroma: Guided Effigy
Before: Cast and hold to make Effigy move to your aim point. Deals 2000 damage per second to enemies in its path and roars on arrival stunning nearby enemies.
New: Now deals double the damage and restores 5 Energy for each enemy in its path. Also improved the responsiveness of Effigy when turning/moving. 

Effigy (and Spectral Scream) is a terrible ability at base, and this augment just can't save that. The base ability needs to be less penalizing and less clunky beforetrying to make this augment tempting to use. Got not good ideas to share here though.

Hydroid: Corroding Barrage
Before: Each projectile has a 100% chance of inflicting a Corrosive status effect.
New: Tempest Barrage gains 100% Ability Strength.

LOL! This is just the same as +100% damage - on an ability that does absolutely terrible damage. The ability needs to be MUCH better at base, and the augment needs a complete revamp. For example:
Ability at base now strips some armor and shield on every hit (strength moddable) and does not RAGDOLL enemies (only knocks them down).
Augment (rename it Abyssal Barrage?), now has +100% Strength, procs Cold (instead of Corrosive) and grants shields to Hydroid and his allies each time they are "struck" by his barrages. Would make for a far more appealing base ability AND augment.

Hydroid: Curative Undertow
Before: Allies can stand in the pool to regain 30% health every 1.5 seconds, increasing the energy drain on Hydroid per ally.
New: The energy drain to heal allies has been removed, and the Augment’s description has been updated to indicate that Hydroid will restore 10% Health (this was always an effect, it was just not indicated in the description).

Still needs to be rethought - base ability AND augment. Undertow encourages an incredibly static and boring playstyle. So, how about this:
Make the base ability a placeable pool, for zoning+damage amplifying useability (akin to how Zephyr's Tornadoes are used), but which you CAN still hide inside (pressing X to go in/out of the pool), in case of emergencies/stealth? You could even have holdcast = Hide in it automatically at your feet (similar to now), while tap-cast becomes the distantly placeable pool. You could exit/enter the pool of both versions of course, and you could only have 1 pool active at a tmie.
And the augment could have an entirely different effect strength to emphasize, for example, the "gathering" potential. For example, similar to the manual tentacle-grab you can do while in the pool, the augment could then "auto-tentacle" up to X nearby enemies every couple of seconds.

Boom; Decent base ability, decent augment. As for the healing? Well... let's go on to Tidal Surge / Tidal Impunity.

Hydroid: Tidal Impunity
Before: Clears Status Effects and grants 12 seconds of Status Immunity for yourself and allies that come in contact with Tidal Surge.
New: Reduced Tidal Surge’s Energy cost from 25 to 15.

Energycost is definitely not the issue of the skill/augment. It's that the skill is so incredibly bland at base (and the augment's duration is also relatively short, to be honest). To spice the ability, ponder this:
Base ability has the option to tap or holdcast: Tap for the current effect, hold to only send the wave forward (without Hydroid following along). Regardless of tap/hold-cast version, it now also disarms struck enemies, all enemy attacks hitting/passing the waves are neutralized (making it a protective "wall"), and applies a moderate healing-over-time effect on Hydroid.
Augment remains the same as now, but ALSO grants the healing-over-time effect to allies.

Now, his 3 first abilities are all more workable, along with having more useful augments. Now you'd just have to fix his 4th ability, and he'd have a nice overall melee-esque tank+CC kit, something I think fits his watery pirate thematics.

Inaros: Desiccation's Curse
Before: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher has a 75% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow.
*New: Killing a blinded enemy with a finisher now has a 100% chance of summoning a Sand Shadow. Increased Sand Shadows damage by double.

It's getting there. Now they just need to last like a minute or so at base (15 seconds is pathetic for a weak minion).

Inaros: Elemental Sandstorm
Before: Sandstorm has a 50% chance of inflicting Status Effects based on the damage types and mods on equipped melee weapon.
New: Sandstorm now has a 100% chance of inflicting Status Effects. As well, Sandstorm receives a 50% increase to range.

To be honest, I don't think the idea behind this augment can be saved, considering the weapons already at our disposal, AND with the base ability being absolutely terrible.
Base ability needs to make Inaros go FASTER (not slower) so it can be used as a mobility tool, let him cast abilities during it, and make it not RAGDOLL enemies (stagger them, knock them down, but not the chaotic ragdoll, PLEASE). But again, even with those changes, I don't see the augment being all that useable as is. If it also debuffed enemies to generally suffer more damage taken or something, it could MAYBE work?

Limbo: Rift Haven
Before: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored.
New: Allies banished to the rift will have 25% of their Maximum Health restored every second.

Definitely more potent than before, but Limbo needs a serious lookover in terms of not screwing it up for your teammates, in general.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marcus.Argonius said:

Stagger is not equal to knock down

Yeah I know. There is also the fact that DE is terrible at updating descriptions. still waiting on Exodia Contagion's description to be updated to reflect its inability to used in the air twice before touching ground. 

hace 3 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Atlas: Titanic Rumbler
Before: Create a single rumbler with 300% health and 300% damage. 
New: Rumbler now has 300% health and 400% damage, with 300% more range to hit multiple enemies with its melee attack.

It should be at least +1000% more damage to use rumblers and even then they would be outdamaged most of the time.

Also where is the missing hair style for the drifter?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, chofranc said:

Tidal Surge's base energy cost is 50, not 25.

haha spotted this as well - have you been able to test if it reduces it in fact from 50 down to 15 or is it just 35?

EDIT:

tested, it is in fact down from 50 to 15 - a notable enough change & far more significant than the main augment effect
it makes the ability nearly worth casting for mobility, although it is still significantly worse than most others even those you can helminth such as Vial Rush that can turn & doesn't get stuck on geometry

kWYnLWq.png

Edited by Navarc
  • Like 2