Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This angers me much more than it should.

Mazifet

Edit: As people are still commenting on this thread, I should probably clear things up just so I don't have to see notifications from this thread anymore. Firstly, the problem that angered me at the time was that Warframe seems to be randomly changing text from uppercase to lowercase. When I originally created this thread I found it quite annoying but have started to adopt it and it is not a problem for me anymore. Secondly, the reason I did not use a direct link for the example image was because I simply did not know how to, and therefore just posted a normal link. 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I feel the same way about posts that don't say anything and just link pictures instead.... quite aggravating, isn't it?

If you somehow didn't notice where the mouse cursor was pointing, let me tell you. Warframe has recently started making everything lowercase for absolutely no reason. While for most things this isn't much of a problem, the fact that they turned text under the profile image lowercase angers me some reason as implied in the title. Hope that helps.

Not even proper writing standard.

Now Every Word Is Capitalized.
As. If. There. Was. A. Period. Between. Every. Word.

See how annoying that is? Does not look better, does not read better, should get you a F in school if you write like that.

everything about this thread angers me more than it should.

the lack of knowledge to post a picture, the lack of effort to point out that it is a link, the fact that i have to load a new tab, the lack of explanation to explain what's wrong in the picture...
not only i have to load a new tab, i have to look at the picture and figure out what's wrong as well?? so many assignments. what is this, my office??

if it'll make OP feel any better, i agree with him. everything in lower case messed people's equipment naming scheme.

20 hours ago, Morteno said:

Not even proper writing standard.

Now Every Word Is Capitalized.
As. If. There. Was. A. Period. Between. Every. Word.

See how annoying that is? Does not look better, does not read better, should get you a F in school if you write like that.

In the specific screenshot though

the capitalization of each word is Correct, since all the words are Proper Nouns.

the Names of Kuva Lich and Weapons.

On 2022-03-28 at 10:19 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

In the specific screenshot though

the capitalization of each word is Correct, since all the words are Proper Nouns.

the Names of Kuva Lich and Weapons.

Allowing that is just letting standards slide. In the rest of world, capitalization is for names, some abbreviations/acronyms and beginning of sentence.

I do not see any good point in entertaining the notion of accepting noun capitalization. There are good reasons why is not the way thing are done. Just because yahoo.com does it is no excuse, it is awful and that place is a dump. At least they "just" do it in the titles, not the actual article body. Not that I wouldn't keep firing every one of them who does it until they get the message and start writing sensibly.

It is frankly a terror to speedreading and skimming, there is no decent way to rapidly identify names from the rest and it can introduce a lot of ambiguity, fueled further by how products and companies are named and try to usurp common language.
It is a reprehensible practice and should be fined heavily.

On 2022-03-28 at 10:26 AM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

As someone who has stylised their name with capital letters at the start of each word i actually approve of this change

Camelcasing for reading-hints in a long identifier, for the benefit of the observer, is a different thing. That actually helps. Noun capitalization does not.
That said it is still a bad name and I would report it to be renamed if I believed they would do something about it.

23 minutes ago, Morteno said:

Allowing that is just letting standards slide. In the rest of world, capitalization is for names, some abbreviations/acronyms and beginning of sentence.

I do not see any good point in entertaining the notion of accepting noun capitalization.

Check your reading comprehension

I didn't say All Nouns capitalization

I said they were "Proper Nouns" -IE Names, the names of his weapons and Lich.

Archived