Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Platforms PSA: Nora’s Mix Volume 1 Delay & Next Steps (Resolved)

[DE]Danielle

32 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Before we break down what happened and our next steps, we’d first like to apologize and thank you for your patience today.

It's all good... 👍

I'm actually enjoying this break before going back to the grind stone... 👀

38 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hello Tenno! 

Our ambition to enable Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 shortly after the simultaneous launch was met with numerous build and connectivity issues on our end, resulting in where we are now with Nightwave disabled. Before we break down what happened and our next steps, we’d first like to apologize and thank you for your patience today.

First things first: 

Nora’s Mix Volume 1 will be going live tomorrow on all Platforms. Unfortunately, due to persisting connectivity issues on PlayStation that require more time to be resolved, we are pushing the start time to Thursday. We will update the thread here and let you know in-game via Red Text when Nora is expected to return!! 

As an appreciation for your patience, we’re working on running a special 24 hour Alert on all Platforms for 150x Nora’s Mix Vol.1 Creds that can be used in the Cred Offerings store once Nightwave is enabled! The start date and time will be shared here soon. 

For our PlayStation Tenno: 
Since many were unable to login and play for several hours due to our build issue, we’ll be sending a ‘login within 24-hours to claim’  inbox message tomorrow with a 3-Day Affinity, Credit, and Resource Booster to make up for your lost Booster time. We will update this thread when the Inbox is available.

To give context to the above, our first PSA covered some of the following, but for the sake of closing the loop here are the specifics on today’s events worth noting:

As was written at the top of today’s Update patch notes, “**NOTE: Nightwave: Nora’s Mix Vol.1 will officially begin later today, so that we can synchronize the start time across all platforms!”, in order for all Tenno to fairly participate in the new Nightwave cycle, we had always planned to enable Nightwave on all platforms simultaneously [cue update delays and connectivity issues]. 

Technical issues first interfered with the deployment of the update on PlayStation, making it impossible to go live without some serious tech support. Once we got that resolved and the update was able to deploy, we quickly saw that PS5 Tenno were unable to connect to the game - causing yet another delay in the start of Nora’s Mix Volume 1. 

The PlayStation Hotfix we’re working on contains a temporary fix to allow PS5 Tenno to connect and play again, but a more permanent fix will be required later to address issues with matchmaking between PS4 and PS5 Tenno. 

While not what we had hoped for the launch of Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, valuable lessons have been learned today! 

Thank you again, Tenno! 

Aw, ya broke it.

💖

52 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

As an appreciation for your patience, we’re working on running a special 24 hour Alert on all Platforms for 150x Nora’s Mix Vol.1 Creds that can be used in the Cred Offerings store once Nightwave is enabled! The start date and time will be shared here soon. 

can we make it 48 hours? i got plans with my boyfriend lol 😭

2 hours ago, Giantconch said:

Thanks for the heads up but I wonder why the hard-stance requirement for having this be multiple simultanious platform launch? I'm sure theres some technical jumble of words that explains it, but I'm still throwing my salt towards the fact that another platform having problems is causing this [DE]lay on every platform.

Oh well, tomorrow it is.

Its a matter of having every console start at the same point n not be scattered in startin points

Ps4 edition on Ps5 works,only the p5 edition is still dealing with issues 

9 minutes ago, Ann. said:

At this point you should only delay playstation, not all platforms

We all lift together, Tenno...

5 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

can we make it 48 hours? i got plans with my boyfriend lol 😭

I wouldnt mind... 👍

Just curious but before this up date i had completed most quest and still had newer side quest that i couldn’t play because I needed to complete the prerequisites but i had them completed already. For example i think the rev quest you have to have Vors prize complete, but i have completed all main including the New war. I don’t know if This is a common issue but there are around 4 quest that I’m unavailable to play due to false incomplete pre quest 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

The PlayStation Hotfix we’re working on contains a temporary fix to allow PS5 Tenno to connect and play again, but a more permanent fix will be required later to address issues with matchmaking between PS4 and PS5 Tenno.

so... tomarrow ps4 and ps5 players will be playing seprately? i've noticed that there were quite a few less players period (as i cant be the only one that downloaded the ps4 version to play) now the ps5 people that just leave those still loading in the dust will have to play with themselves (will probibly continue to play on ps4 version to complete trophy hunting)

hace 1 hora, Tesseract7777 dijo:

This is all about bringing crossplay together. 

We gotta be patient as they work on syncing everything together. I wish PC wasn't delayed because of PSN, but I accept that in order for crossplay to happen, incidents like this are a necessary growing pains until we truly get everything on the same page. 

Expect even more of this in the future, no offense, not less. This is what is required to make crossplay happen. 

Yep, and this is why I am part of that minority of players who think that crossplay is one of the worst ideas that has ever crossed their minds.
This is just the beginning of the nightmare.
Please Stand By Nfl Draft GIF by SportsManias

@[DE]Danielle

As someone who works in I.T., I'm genuinely curious how this update deployment was any different from those in the past. 'Connectivity issues' and 'technical issues' is so ambiguous that DE could be referring to literally anything. I humbly request a detailed explanation from DE. You mentioned build issues multiple times. Surely DE tested the patch in a simulated virtual environment for bugs? 

I know some players are citing cross-platform features as being a possibility or that the drive to release the new Nightwave across all Warframe platforms as the problem which very well could be the case.

Not everyone understands I.T. lingo, but some of us do. Was it SQL database syncing? Was it an authentication or authorization issue? Was it management software pushing the patch? Load balancing problem? Was any DE backbone infrastructure reconfigured for or before this patch? Possible coding problems? Misconfigured APIs? Just tell us! We can handle it!

Speaking as a Playstation player, I have no idea why a delay across all platforms was necessary. Sure, I get that keeping all platforms updated simultaneously is the goal now, but it's not like it's an event with a strict time limit that's being delayed, It's Nightwave, and will be running for the better part of 2022.

In the future there will be updates where builds just don't want to play ball and will need fixing. If Angel Of The Zariman launches and Xbox can't load it properly, would the quest and new game modes be turned off until all players got a chance to play it? This feels like the same logic at play here.

Archived