All Platforms PSA: Nora’s Mix Volume 1 Delay & Next Steps (Resolved)

the pain in the a**,  when things like this happen, is not that this kinda things occur but the fact that u sit there waiting, and you just dont know why things are delayed.

would be nice if we get more in game notifications like, hey guys we got some problems releasing this and that.... or may be you could open the access to the nightwave console in the orbiter and just put some info in there, telling us what is going on. like "sorry still in construction, release planned at may 4th" or what ever. 

i dont know how u could solve this but i think many ppl feel that way. we like to be informed when there is a delay. and it is nice when we are told how long it could POSSIBLY take. things like this happen.

imagine u hv an appointment in a bar and your friend doesnt show up. no phonecall now message. u just dont know what is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)GhostOfJoe90h said:

Speaking as a Playstation player, I have no idea why a delay across all platforms was necessary. Sure, I get that keeping all platforms updated simultaneously is the goal now, but it's not like it's an event with a strict time limit that's being delayed, It's Nightwave, and will be running for the better part of 2022.

In the future there will be updates where builds just don't want to play ball and will need fixing. If Angel Of The Zariman launches and Xbox can't load it properly, would the quest and new game modes be turned off until all players got a chance to play it? This feels like the same logic at play here.

Yes. Since they are "focusing" on cross-play and cross-save features they need it to be simultaneous on all platform otherwise cross-play and cross-save will have more problem. so its good thing they got this error now and learning from that than when it hits live with cross-play and cross-save launches in my opinion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Undrakh said:

Yes. Since they are "focusing" on cross-play and cross-save features they need it to be simultaneous on all platform otherwise cross-play and cross-save will have more problem. so its good thing they got this error now and learning from that than when it hits live with cross-play and cross-save launches in my opinion.

I get that. But right now the issue isn't that Nightwave isn't available for certain systems. It's that logging in at all isn't available. So starting Nightwave now doesn't put them behind the other systems. In a crossplay scenario, they wouldn't be able to access the PS5 build without Nightwave anyway, even if they hopped to another machine then fired up their PS5 again. If my Playstation malfunctions, DE don't stall an update because "That guy's machine can't install the latest update, so everybody has to wait for him".

Sometimes DE will have to bite the bullet and say "Well, we're trying but right now X machine is offline until we can get things stable", then make good on those affected by malfunctions or bugs. Ultimately this particular delay is trivial, it just strikes me as rather self-destructive.

2 hours ago, (PSN)TheA-Dawg said:

@[DE]Danielle

As someone who works in I.T., I'm genuinely curious how this update deployment was any different from those in the past. 'Connectivity issues' and 'technical issues' is so ambiguous that DE could be referring to literally anything. I humbly request a detailed explanation from DE. You mentioned build issues multiple times. Surely DE tested the patch in a simulated virtual environment for bugs? 

I know some players are citing cross-platform features as being a possibility or that the drive to release the new Nightwave across all Warframe platforms as the problem which very well could be the case.

Not everyone understands I.T. lingo, but some of us do. Was it SQL database syncing? Was it an authentication or authorization issue? Was it management software pushing the patch? Load balancing problem? Was any DE backbone infrastructure reconfigured for or before this patch? Possible coding problems? Misconfigured APIs? Just tell us! We can handle it!

From my guess, I think its hardware issues in their office.
They need to call some Tech Support to fix the hardware,
Then they upload the update on PS Server,
Yet...
Idk what happened on PS Server to Us.

I also has some experience on IT stuff, not the database part, but that was my guess

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

For our PlayStation Tenno: 

Technical issues first interfered with the deployment of the update on PlayStation, making it impossible to go live without some serious tech support. Once we got that resolved and the update was able to deploy, we quickly saw that PS5 Tenno were unable to connect to the game - causing yet another delay in the start of Nora’s Mix Volume 1. 

The PlayStation Hotfix we’re working on contains a temporary fix to allow PS5 Tenno to connect and play again, but a more permanent fix will be required later to address issues with matchmaking between PS4 and PS5 Tenno. 

So, at this point,  PS5 users are still locked out.  Do you have any time frame on a fix? Is anyone still working on it?  Can this use the hotfix path or are you going to have to send a patch to Sony for Cert? Is the expected time to fix hours or days? 

Please communicate about this issue. Is it that some PS5 users can run and others can't? Do I need to delete and reinstall or should I wait?  Your explanation above does not tell me if I should be working or not.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

기다려 주셔서 감사합니다. Nightwave가 활성화되면 Cred Offerings 스토어에서 사용할 수 있는 150x Nora's Mix Vol.1 Creds에 대해 모든 플랫폼에서 특별 24시간 경고를 실행하기 위해 노력하고 있습니다! 시작 날짜와 시간은 곧 여기에서 공유됩니다.

Hope it was an easy mission.

I hate round 10 defense & survival missions

Edited by deepsleeping

Technical issues happen and this game is no exception. Thanks for all the compensatory mesures taken and the usual transparency.

At the end of the day this should make you guys work on contingencies in case this ends up happening when crossplay/save eventually happens (ie no build disparity etc), so I hope you guys take notes :p

Thanks again Dani for the detailed heads up :3

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

While not what we had hoped for the launch of Nora’s Mix Vol. 1, valuable lessons have been learned today

Thank you again, Tenno! 

I am VERY glad to hear that last part, thank you Danielle!

While bugs and technical issues can be very frustrating, repeating the same mistakes over and over (and expecting a different result) is magnitudes more-so.  So I'm glad that, at the very least, lessons were learned from what happened today so that they can be avoided in the future!

Edited by (PSN)Knightfyre

15 hours and PS5 still down what a shame, hopefully it will work soon so PS5 ppl can get on and Nora can start later today, but still cant understand why they would release a PS5 update before they deployed the ps5 update on their servers

uh...what time tomorrow?Also i really need nitain can you guys start putting it in the store to just buy when these kind of things happen iv been waiting ages for my nezha to get done but i need nitain and iv saved enough to build his chassis but i have a spending problem and if i dont get it soon i might fall into temptation and spend it.

8 hours ago, Rigtis said:

Yep, and this is why I am part of that minority of players who think that crossplay is one of the worst ideas that has ever crossed their minds.
This is just the beginning of the nightmare.
Please Stand By Nfl Draft GIF by SportsManias

I'm not gonna lie.... If this is what we can expect from Crossplay then I gladly welcome it..... I've always begged for Fewer Updates and Longer Delays ...

I'm glad I'm finally getting what I wanted.... 👍

7 hours ago, (PSN)TheA-Dawg said:

Just tell us! We can handle it!

No we can't !!! But tell us anyway 😝 !!!

7 hours ago, eligius1981 said:

and it is nice when we are told how long it could POSSIBLY take.

Yeah I don't think this is realistic....sometimes you squash one bug and 3 Nastier ones pop up Somewhere else....

It will get fixed when it gets fixed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be more concerned if DE is getting any Sleep ? Breaks and Rest are very important especially in situations like these.... 🤔

I cannot wait for PS5 to be up and running again! hopefully soon today!!(: Playing the ps4 version does not look as good and is a whole lot slower...but was good enough for me to play last night!! 😄 Please fix this for the fellow Tennos around the world! 🌎 I believe in you guys DE!! Thankyou for giving us such a great game to enjoy. ❤️

• [DE]Danielle changed the title to All Platforms PSA: Nora’s Mix Volume 1 Delay & Next Steps (Resolved)
  • [DE]Danielle locked this topic
  • [DE]Megan unpinned and unfeatured this topic