Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Platforms PSA: Nora’s Mix Volume 1 Delay & Next Steps (Resolved)

[DE]Danielle

16 minutes ago, (PSN)shellhopper said:

Great.  This is a 13 hour download, if we don't watch TV while we do it..

Technically, this is what, a version mismatch? That is, a server that we connect to for updates does a version handshake... and we can't get our version in sync because PS5 went out with the wrong version number. 

So,  fix one.  I presume that warframe uses a name in a nameserver to get an IP address for a server that holds the update.  Set up an alternate server that contains a patch to get PS5 in sync.  Set up a special nameserver and tell ps5 users to point at this name server once, do the update, and then return to their original nameserver settings. It is not that hard to type a 12 digit number into the nameserver settings. 

Fix two...write a script that determines whether a ps5 is connecting and massages the handshake to work, while letting non-PS5 handshakes go through transparently and put this script into the stream.

I'm sure I could think of a couple more, and it is easier for me to do this without complete knowledge. 

Or you could set up two servers, one that matches the PS5 needs and updates to the correct version, the other for everyone else.  4 out of 5 times you connect to the regular version, the fifth time you get the PS5 version. When you get the wrong version, you get the mismatch message. But since this only happens during login...

There have to be ideas that work better than "do a 13 hour download". Any idea when we can expect a fix? 

Your independent download times are not solely dependent on DE's server availability, but it is a factor. Your local internet connection and any implemented bandwidth throttling from your ISP also greatly affect that. Wireless vs. wired connection is also another big variable. 

Implementing a dedicated DNS server for PS5 patching isn't as simple as you described when it needs to service hundreds of thousands of requests from users. They would need to create an entirely new cluster of virtual machines to do what you proposed and it would take quite some time. The massive amount of DNS databases records DE has isn't something that can be replicated instantaneously. 

Getting end-users to set static IPs or configure MAC addresses is a terrible idea. Easy for you and I since you seem more technically literate than most, but a lot of end users are not. A game dev proposing to their customers to do that would create an absolute PR and technical nightmare.

Your scripting suggestion isn't a bad idea. Good chance they have someone on that already running diagnostics for what you described. I think this was more likely an API problem than anything. One wrong character (and/or spacing depending on the programming language used) and it can break. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)TheA-Dawg said:

I think this was more likely an API problem than anything. One wrong character (and/or spacing depending on the programming language used) and it can break.

Been there, typoed that, got the t-shirt, pulled my hair out for hours until I recognized the typo and fixed it. ... Its a real thing. ... I know its a pain not being able to enjoy the game, but tech issues are always a thing, and any amount of rioting because of issues out of your control isn't going to speed anything up.

Just now, SephirothWS said:

Been there, typoed that, got the t-shirt, pulled my hair out for hours until I recognized the typo and fixed it. ... Its a real thing. ... I know its a pain not being able to enjoy the game, but tech issues are always a thing, and any amount of rioting because of issues out of your control isn't going to speed anything up.

Which is why I'm here commenting! It's not like I work for DE, but I am an I.T. pro so I have my guesses as to why PS5 users couldn't login yesterday. I requested a detailed report, doubt I'll get it. Lol. 

APIs are fun! Just complicated sometimes. 👍

1 minute ago, (PSN)little-fox78 said:

I still seem to have the 'login failed. Check your info' error on the ps5.

I've reset my console to no avail.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Armydragon98 said:

i cant log in 

1 minute ago, (PSN)PestN1 said:

5 times on ps5 its pulled me out mission to redeploy now its login failed check your info

We're looking into the cause - thanks guys, sorry for the troubles! 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Nora’s Mix Volume 1 is now live! Tune into new Acts and Rewards with your host Nora Night. We will be running a special Alert later today on all Platforms for 150x Nora’s Mix Vol.1 Creds as a token of our appreciation for your patience.

🥰😍😘

Here is a reason why crossplay is much harder than it seems folks. 

Glad to hear an update on this issue. But a little bit disappointed that the challenges were never addressed due to player feedback, except for the captura one which was due to technical limitations. I was really hoping that The Many Made Whole was removed due to its difficulty compared to other nightwave challenges. 

On PS5, I had an update this morning and was finally able to get into the game but then got a popup saying there was another update and I needed to shut it down and restart. After restarting, I get the login error. I've turned the PS5 off and back on several times but still get the login error telling me to check my information (how?). I checked for updates and it says I have the latest.

1 hour ago, (PSN)shellhopper said:

Great.  This is a 13 hour download, if we don't watch TV while we do it..

Technically, this is what, a version mismatch? That is, a server that we connect to for updates does a version handshake... and we can't get our version in sync because PS5 went out with the wrong version number. 

So,  fix one.  I presume that warframe uses a name in a nameserver to get an IP address for a server that holds the update.  Set up an alternate server that contains a patch to get PS5 in sync.  Set up a special nameserver and tell ps5 users to point at this name server once, do the update, and then return to their original nameserver settings. It is not that hard to type a 12 digit number into the nameserver settings. 

Fix two...write a script that determines whether a ps5 is connecting and massages the handshake to work, while letting non-PS5 handshakes go through transparently and put this script into the stream.

I'm sure I could think of a couple more, and it is easier for me to do this without complete knowledge. 

Or you could set up two servers, one that matches the PS5 needs and updates to the correct version, the other for everyone else.  4 out of 5 times you connect to the regular version, the fifth time you get the PS5 version. When you get the wrong version, you get the mismatch message. But since this only happens during login...

There have to be ideas that work better than "do a 13 hour download". Any idea when we can expect a fix? 

Dude, chill lol they know what the problem is bevause they have all the info - we don't. They know what they are doing, bevause its their game and their jobs - not ours. 

Its a shame its happened, but DE are a fantastically hard working company who will do their best to get it sorted completely as soon as possible. Plus it should be a small download, only a few GB. If thats taking 13 hours, thats between you and your Internet provider.

You are literally commenting on a post that is basically them declaring that its near enough fixed, trying to tell professionals how to do their jobs. If you think its so easy for you to fix, that you're somehow more experienced or knowledgeable on how to fix an issue we the public don't entirely know about, maybe you should submit your CV to them. 

Patience dude, we will all be able to play soon :) 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)MagnusRaven said:

Just checked & I'm back in game, hopefully this is all resolved now

Spoke to soon after 1 mission the update pop up came back and locks me out again forcing me to close the game and getting the login failed message again. Also are everyone else getting a mixed up launcher? I get the Hildryn Einheri Collection text with a picture of Garuda and then Tennogen text with a picture of Nora

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Naterrrliee314 said:

Dude, chill lol they know what the problem is bevause they have all the info - we don't. They know what they are doing, bevause its their game and their jobs - not ours. 

Its a shame its happened, but DE are a fantastically hard working company who will do their best to get it sorted completely as soon as possible. Plus it should be a small download, only a few GB. If thats taking 13 hours, thats between you and your Internet provider.

You are literally commenting on a post that is basically them declaring that its near enough fixed, trying to tell professionals how to do their jobs. If you think its so easy for you to fix, that you're somehow more experienced or knowledgeable on how to fix an issue we the public don't entirely know about, maybe you should submit your CV to them. 

Patience dude, we will all be able to play soon :) 

Lol. That's why my response was as detailed as it was to that person. It's not as simple as they think it is. 

Archived