Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone excited for Hogwarts Legacy?

Deshiel

I can't say I'm excited for it - I'm a huge Potter fan, but I've seen too many games and movies which had an awesome trailer turning out trash. So we'll see, if the first opinions won't be entirely negative, I think I'll buy it. The only problem is, new games are terribly expensive. (E.g. I'm still waiting for a discount to buy Horizon Forbidden West, although Zero Dawn was one of the most awesome games I've ever played.)

15 hours ago, Deshiel said:

hope it will feature multiple character slots, would hate to buy it twice

Why wouldn't it? It looks like an RPG.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Viveeeh said:

I can't say I'm excited for it - I'm a huge Potter fan, but I've seen too many games and movies which had an awesome trailer turning out trash. So we'll see, if the first opinions won't be entirely negative, I think I'll buy it. The only problem is, new games are terribly expensive. (E.g. I'm still waiting for a discount to buy Horizon Forbidden West, although Zero Dawn was one of the most awesome games I've ever played.)

Why wouldn't it? It looks like an RPG.

I don't know much yet.

On 2022-03-21 at 12:36 AM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Reminded me of those harry potter PS2 games I've played. I remember liking those, uh I'll probably watch how it releases and see if I buy it, recent games haven't been that appealing to me.

Oh I never buy preorder or buy imidiately upon release, for some of the same reasons you mentioned... well unless its star wars haha

i'm am mediocre HP fan. i read all the books and watch most of the movies, but i'm a way more hardcore gamer than i am a HP fan.
and heck yeah this game looks like it gets a lot of love from the devs.

i mean it checks most of the boxes. 
bunch of nerds passionate about what they make (instead of proud CEO announcing the latest game from their money making franchise), check.
obsession about delivering more than we expect. like maps beyond hogwarts. or that battle system, geez when i think of HP games i don't even glance the fighting system, but they're presenting it like it's the latest friggin tekken. checked, too.
what about attention to details. you know those cheap licensed games when we were kids that offers nothing more than licensed characters? "oh you want HP game, here's harry go play with him" or "oh you want toy story game, here's woody go play with him". this one doesn't feel anything like it. instead hogwarts legacy nailed everything else BESIDE the characters, we still immediately recognize "right, it's a HP game". the world building is pretty intense.

but of course, i ain't gonna believe anything until i get my own hands at it.
i'm cautiously excited. it looks like a great game, i'll probably wait way later until it get discounted or whatever, when gamers and reviewers around the world have finished it and shared their opinions. 

Archived