Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miniguns, Gatlings and similar please

Schrimmseschrammse666

Hi!

i am genuinely suprised that the game does not have any real "rotating barrel machineguns" to choose from. at best there is the Tenora which has one (1) Rotating barrel and the tenora prime which has none (0) rotating barrels???

uhm, here is a selection of (mostly) minigun type weapons from the game "Jets'n'Guns". as you can see you can have a minigun or a .. multiple minigun in one gun

kill_gimp2.png

I imagine any of these would be large enough to be considered archwing guns since they *are* ship weapons

but i feel that rotary barrel machineguns and autocannons are under represented. as railjack weapons, heavy weapons and so on.

and yes there are some high firerate weapons in the game and a *few* of them fiir the "high ammo + high firerate" theme but they don't rotate! it is just not the same!

have a nice day and good healths to you

4 hours ago, Schrimmseschrammse666 said:

i am genuinely suprised that the game does not have any real "rotating barrel machineguns" to choose from. at best there is the Tenora which has one (1) Rotating barrel and the tenora prime which has none (0) rotating barrels???

If you're willing  to call them barrels, the Mutalist Quanta has two!  :P  (Seriously, I think that's the only reason I put 5 forma in that thing, lol.)

On 2022-03-25 at 2:15 PM, Schrimmseschrammse666 said:

i am genuinely suprised that the game does not have any real "rotating barrel machineguns" to choose from.

Why?  Rotating barrels are only needed because of current technological limitations.  

In Warframe universe cooling systems and materials allow to build without any rotating barrels.  Why bother even, when you can send all the bullets through one without melting it, while also multiplying them as they leave the barrel?

36 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Why?  Rotating barrels are only needed because of current technological limitations.  

Warframe isn't shy about using aspects of weapons that are grounded in current and extremely old technology if players will think it looks cool.

Thus all the bows, throwing knives, clubs, etc.  And guns that evoke weaponry which would be archaic now.

I wouldn't say no to more guns, though in terms of rapid fire high ammo weapons there are quite a few weapons that already fill that niche, some of which have spinup like some miniguns have gorgon family, soma, supra, and some that don't quellor, truma, imperator archgun, ect.

On 2022-03-26 at 11:49 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Thus all the bows, throwing knives, clubs, etc.  And guns that evoke weaponry which would be archaic now.

Bows in warframe are built with latest tech. And so are knives and swords.  These are capable of penetrating heavy armor while being relatively silent. There is a purpose and use.

Rogga also uses Orokin tech that makes reloading as simple as pulling its hammer. It might look like flintlock blunderbuss, but it doesn't work like one.

Multiple barreled weapons exists for burst or extra firerate.  But there is no need to rotate barrels as they don't overheat.

Also, there is no concept or idea to agree with. Its just "i want a minigun lookin ting".

All i see is a bunch of people, each asking for their own perfect minigun, but not telling DE or each other what is it.  

I think there is a reason DE ignored those "minigun" suggestions for ~6 years already.

12 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Bows in warframe are built with latest tech. And so are knives and swords.  These are capable of penetrating heavy armor while being relatively silent. There is a purpose and use.

Rogga also uses Orokin tech that makes reloading as simple as pulling its hammer. It might look like flintlock blunderbuss, but it doesn't work like one.

Multiple barreled weapons exists for burst or extra firerate.  But there is no need to rotate barrels as they don't overheat.

It's weird to me that you've got the imagination to make allowances for the actual tech being different from the apparent tech in those cases, but you can't come up with anything for rotating barrels. 

Personally I don't even need to go so far.  If it looks cool, and vaguely fits one of several established aesthetics in this game, I'm good with it.

19 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

I think there is a reason DE ignored those "minigun" suggestions for ~6 years already.

Maybe, but it's not because of science, lol. :P

On 2022-03-28 at 9:18 PM, Tiltskillet said:

it's not because of science, lol.

That's not science.  Its basic sci-fi design procedure.  Whole genre rotates around it.  

OP must come up with something to justify barrel rotation, and at least explain how it looks and what weapon type must it be.

Coz it sounds like he wants a Tenora, but with 6 barrels.  That i cannot agree with.  There is a big difference between "minigun" and "just a gun with rotating barrels"... coz it might end up being a pistol.  Do you want a pistol with rotating barrels?

56 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

OP must come up with something to justify barrel rotation, and at least explain how it looks and what weapon type must it be.

I'd call all of that nice for feedback, but optional.

57 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Do you want a pistol with rotating barrels?

Like a pepperbox?  Sure!

@Kainosh

Firstly, no i do not have to justify why the barrels rotate. there is no justification why other rotating weapons rotate. be they tenora or that beam weapon
i am not here to write warframe fanfiction, and i already gave you an example like "alternating status effects"

She wants rotating machine guns.

What you seem to miss is that weapons in warframe aren't exactly practical some of the time. is the goulsaw good? practical? neither but it looks really cool.
the kuva nukor can chain, the regular nukor does not. how does that make sense or how does it work? who knows or who cares. its cool and fun
and since you most certainly don't work at DE @Kainosh i fail to see how you would know why DE hasn't added a minigun yet so there is no point in discussing it like we knew.

there are several "redundant" weapons. several assault rifles that are only marginally different. that is excluding prime or kuva variants ETC.
there is a weapon type that is not represented imo, Rotating barrel weapons. be they a "Rotating barrel heavy auto shotgun" "Rotating railjack autocannons" (heard of "ciws" before?)
a heavy weapon and or a normal weapon with a large ammo pool to shower an area with bullets. yeah
grakata exists, soma exists but they are rifles. not heavy weapons. Imperator does not rotate and IMO does not feel like it sufficiently filly the role

Unreal tournament games which DE was involved with developing featured miniguns. why? its a sci fi setting after all. there is no reason whatsoever to not just have a bigger assault rifle instead. by what i assume to be your logic.

and at the end of the day, me saying "i want to see some weapons of this weapontype" does not require me verbosely justifying it. if we can have a huge impractical circular saw we can have an autocannon that spins

On 2022-03-31 at 4:12 PM, Schrimmseschrammse666 said:

i already gave you an example like "alternating status effects"

Edit it in.  Nobody will search entire discussion for details of your suggestion. 

All i want to say is that your post is too vague.   You want rotating barrels, right?  But Tenora, while rotating, is not what you want....   You must understand that you have to pinpoint your desire.  Describe in in detail so that you would not get another "tenora" or such. 

Because DE can make a rotating barrel concept that will not satisfy your vision of "minigun".   It might be held like a rifle, sound like dog farts, and having a spherical barrel block with 20 barrels pointing in every direction, rotating like a gyroscope (actually, thats a sick idea, gj me)

Its just much more productive to explain what exactly you want to them. As you noticed, im not DE, and agruing with me aint getting you anywhere.  Either improve, or just hope for them to actually match your tastes.

Archived