Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't make a squad

(NSW)Tablerone

I've just got a new router, set up the ports correctly to 4950-4955 and I can interact with people, but unfortunately, I cannot be part of any squad; when I join one, game stays loading for about 10 seconds then nothing happens, and when other people join, the same happens to them. I have no idea what to do, can you help me?

VPN isn't the solution (pretty sure the game won't let you play with a VPN to begin with).

I think I found the problem; I got a new router yesterday and the tech set the DHCP to dynamic when setting it up. Unfortunately they already left and I have no idea what to do...

Ports shouldn't matter. You don't need to forward ports for the game and the port settings in game are mostly there if you have multiple people on the same network playing the game, because multiple people playing on the same ports on the same network causes some interference issues.

Dynamic DHCP is standard for everything. It allows your home network to sort itself out so you don't end up with multiple devices with the same ip address . The only game I've experienced issues with these two things on is minecraft multiplayer. Most games don't need you to mess with them.

If you're having issues with public matches I'd set your ping limit in the in game settings lower so you get grouped with people that you have better connections with.

If you're trying to connect with specific players, it's likely your connection to them is just super week. Ether you have bad internet, they do, or you live too far away from them. By too far away I mean, in a different country far away. You shouldn't have connection issues to other players within the same country if both your internets and connections are fine.

Or there's something wrong with your switch's network connection. You could just have a bad wifi signal wherever you're playing.

• 9 months later...

Archived