Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 active dev for Conclave please

(XBOX)GameGhost123

Dear DE, 

It doesn't have to be now or soon but can you guys put 1 person to just work on conclave and nothing else someday.  1 person that community feedback could be brought to in order to fix things. 1 active developer. 

Sincerely, GameGhost123 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

Dear DE, 

It doesn't have to be now or soon but can you guys put 1 person to just work on conclave and nothing else someday.  1 person that community feedback could be brought to in order to fix things. 1 active developer. 

Sincerely, GameGhost123 

'But they're a small indie game studio with so few employees!'

lol

revive conclav when de 🤔

I'd rather see 1 active dev for fixing Glitches from Previous Abandoned Updates.

-typically the very newest moneymaker update gets like 3 weeks of hotfixes, and anything not addressed by then stays broken forever as the whole team switches gears to working on The Next Moneymaker Update.

be nice to have just one team member excluded from working on The New Hype and only focused on catch up for those things

8 hours ago, (XBOX)GameGhost123 said:

Dear DE, 

Sincerely, GameGhost123 

Eh, it doesn't really have to be a full-time dev, either, although that would be cool. But yes, some proper attention is needed.

They could just ask me, I'd do the necessary balancing part-time and for free. 😄 

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Hot take: Conclave should follow in the footsteps of Raids

Ah yes. The "Stop liking what I don't like" syndrome.

Not really a hot take, it's more of a sad attitude towards others, to be honest.

25 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Not really a hot take, it's more of a sad attitude towards others, to be honest.

Predictable and unoriginal to boot.

Honestly, asking for a dev dedicated to conclave is too much to ask and will never happen.

BUT

Asking for simple bug fixes every 1 or 2 months would be enough. (when they have all the bugs compiled in a PDF file that has been sent several times)

We do not ask for new Conclave content, we ask for a game mode without game breaking bugs and exploits. Or at least actual support for punishing exploit users : some people are just abusing AOE nuking exploits to wipe every player from the lobby for YEARS now, reports logged against them do literally NOTHING because devs don't even try to understand the exploit. (when all the info is under their nose)

EXAMPLES

Telos Boltace :

Update 20.0 (2017-03-24) - This atrocity is 5 years old, 5 years of being rag-dolled by the PvE Passive that slipped in when it got reworked. WHEN A DEDICATED PVP PASSIVE THAT CONSISTS OF A SIMPLE RADIAL KNOCK-DOWN IS IN THE GAME FILES, LEFT UNUSED FOR YEARS

Shield gating:

Update 27.2 (2020-03-05) - Two years of this BS. Shield gating got introduced in Conclave after being balanced for PVE and for PVE only. Increasing the overall time to kill, increasing the skill gap, making good players better and new players unable to progress, unless very motivated.

The PvE fall-off change that glitched Conclave weapon stats:

May 2020, this change has not been logged in the hotfixes. No-fall-off, 1600 damage Tigris Prime in Conclave. DE changed the "PvEFallOff" line in the weapon stats table of the database. For some reason, the edited values shifted the Conclave damage line. Negating fall-off in PvP since there was no value for Conclave anymore and aberrant damage values (up to 455% damage increase) for some weapons. A simple database oopsie that RUINED the experience of players for TWO WHOLE YEARS NOW.

Melee 3.0:

Update 26.0 (2019-10-31) - More than two years of this godawful mechanic that was rebalanced for PvE and PvE ONLY ! Conclave used to have manual blocking from 50% damage reduction to 85% for sword and shields. Now ? 100% damage reduction on ALL melees, automatically blocked as soon as you press E and put your camera towards the opponent. You like getting your sniper headshot getting blocked by a dagger ? Yeah, me neither, another PvP shooter aberration that would make someone used to normal FPS/ TPS punch their monitor.

• You can also block any incoming damage while throwing your Glaive weapon ! You don't have to get a PhD in gaming to understand that one-shooting your opponent with Cerata (High AOE toxin damage, bypasses shield) or Wolf Sledge (Auto aim wide AOE one tap) while being invincible is NOT BALANCED. Please remove these weapons already...
  • Also, most weapon have completely broken combo damage multipliers since this update, we sure love one taps from a single press of the E key.

The Saryn Electricity Exploit:

Update 27.2 (2020-03-05) - Two years of the most broken exploit of the recent times. Electric and other status once again got rebalanced for PvE and PvE ONLY, essentially turning electric into a high damage over time (DoT), aera of effect (AoE) status. That damage over time is of course affected by Saryn's increased status duration, making Staticor a one tap, AOE nuke. Or giving any electric weapon one tap capabilities on body shots. 

• Also, when the user of the exploit is lagging, it allows the electric status to re-proc itself on the same target, making the damage infinite, while spreading to other players. Fun, right ?

Excuse the salty tone of this post, some issues definitely need to be addressed. All the resources are here to fix the biggest problems of Conclave, on a functional level. It's really a matter of minutes, or a couple of hours, for a single dev to actually fix these issues. The fact that all of these game breaking bugs/exploit/ mechanics have more than 2 years is baffling, reducing furthermore the conclave demographic every month.

The players that still try to enjoy the game mode, that endure the behavior of players using exploits, deserve a compensation. This compensation being bug fixes and the removal of broken, unbalanced mechanics.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Kontrollo:

Eh, it doesn't really have to be a full-time dev, either, although that would be cool. But yes, some proper attention is needed.

They could just ask me, I'd do the necessary balancing part-time and for free. 😄 

You will probably still disagree (which is absolutely fine) but I try to explain my position to you, since you misinterpreted where I was going with this.

Less sad attitude towards others and more sad attitude towards DE at this point. Lets face it, to make Conclave worthwhile it needs a full on rework, not just some QoL changes, the entire PvP has to be overhauled from scratch. And this is never going to happen, because DE not only greatly dislikes reworks, but is evidently completely overwhelmed by trying to juggle the content they already produced. They obviously don't have the capacity to do a Conclave Remake, while trying to keep the, arguably much more important, PvE in a good condition. 

So, if I have to choose between nothing happening at all and DE making a full commitment towards PvE, I decide for Conclave being erased, even if it leaves 12 people very disappointed, but Rebecca said herself, sometimes to keep the game under control it needs to be "trimmed", and if anything is gonna be trimmed it should be a very small niche (which Conclave indeed is).

Yes, I admit, it is a very cynical way of thinking, but commitment, evolution and focus are absolutely essential for developing games. And, sorry, if reworking Conclave is no option, then focussing all the resources of what makes Warframe popular, is the right step, from a business as well as from a developing pov.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Less sad attitude towards others and more sad attitude towards DE at this point. Lets face it, to make Conclave worthwhile it needs a full on rework, not just some QoL changes, the entire PvP has to be overhauled from scratch. ...

I disagree with this point already. Balance was in a decent spot some time ago, and it could be again.

54 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

So, if I have to choose between nothing happening at all and DE making a full commitment towards PvE, I decide for Conclave being erased, even if it leaves 12 people very disappointed ...

Ah yes, the 12 Conclave players "joke". Just shows your insincerity here. Save us these kinds explanations, I'd say.

Let's talk about your experience in the Conclave instead. How much have you played it? What's your biggest issue(s) with its current form?

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Kontrollo:

I disagree with this point already. Balance was in a decent spot some time ago, and it could be again.

Ah yes, the 12 Conclave players "joke". Just shows your insincerity here. Save us these kinds explanations, I'd say.

Let's talk about your experience in the Conclave instead. How much have you played it? What's your biggest issue(s) with its current form?

Agree to disagree. 
I only played a total of maybe 2 hours, because I spent the other few waiting for actual other players to show up. I often times didn't even find a single player. But maybe thats because I live in Germany and I'm not interested in playing at 2am to find the small Conclave "community". 

The two hours I played felt lackluster, the hitboxes were bad, it felt like the only decent way to do kills was to stomp spam and the mods seemed to me like they were a lot like many augments: band-aids. Obviously I didn't waste too much time on a mediocre experience that was only implemented because of chasing trends. But what do I know about lackluster gameplay I only spend a few thousand hours in online shooters, RPGs and hack n' slays.

But yeah, I should have known that whenever I criticize something in this game the usual "12" shining knights in armor would come to rescue. You see that is why its so hard for the game to improve and evolve, because there is always the "everything has to stay the way it is"-faction. Yes, you may be offended now :D

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

You see that is why its so hard for the game to improve and evolve, because there is always the "everything has to stay the way it is"-faction. Yes, you may be offended now :D

Your ideas for Conclave changes would be welcome, if they were actual ideas.

This thread is about fixing the game in its current state. "The entire PvP has to be overhauled from scratch", "Conclave worthwhile it needs a full on rework" : you are throwing these phrases without any concrete change ideas, making your statements not even worth acknowledging.

I'm pretty sure nobody here got offended by your replies, because you have shown in many ways that you don't know what you are talking about. Most of your arguments are based on incorrect statements that some community members will gladly point out.

You call that "criticism" when there is nothing, really. The whole argument is based on misconceptions.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb -Gwanox:

Your ideas for Conclave changes would be welcome, if they were actual ideas.

This thread is about fixing the game in its current state. "The entire PvP has to be overhauled from scratch", "Conclave worthwhile it needs a full on rework" : you are throwing these phrases without any concrete change ideas, making your statements not even worth acknowledging.

I'm pretty sure nobody here got offended by your replies, because you have shown in many ways that you don't know what you are talking about. Most of your arguments are based on incorrect statements that some community members will gladly point out.

You call that "criticism" when there is nothing, really. The whole argument is based on misconceptions.

Because I obviously want it gone, another waste of resources and time just to make a one-off gimmick like K-Drive or Frame Fighter that DE barely supports. Why did they bother making it in the first place? If they didn't make any of those, we could have Raids back by now and TNW would have been released two years ago. 

Look, all I'm trying to say is, either a game mode gets FULL commitment or there shouldn't be any time or resources wasted on it at all. I admit I haven't played it enough to get the full 100% picture, but I haven't played it enough because the few hours I played it, it was not engaging and nobody plays it on PSN. Which further enforces my idea that its not engaging in general and the things I just named are apparently only the peak of the problem iceberg. You can bring in all your ideas, fact is, you here in this very thread are the only ones defending and dedicated to conclave, everywhere else, Youtube, Reddit, Twitch, ingame chat community, nobody plays Warframe for PvP content, so why bother dedicating a single developer to it or bringing in ideas or any more resources, when DE themselves are not really interested in Conclave and are only doing the ABSOLUTE musts. Either they completely double down on it and make enough players play it by making it engaging enough or just let it die and focus on the things that players actually care about.

On 2022-04-04 at 2:16 PM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:
17 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

"Because I obviously want it gone, another waste of resources and time just to make a one-off gimmick like K-Drive or Frame Fighter that DE barely supports. Why did they bother making it in the first place? If they didn't make any of those, we could have Raids back by now and TNW would have been released two years ago." 

This just shows you are too new or too naive in regards to warframe as a whole. Nobody wanted raids removed. They could've kept it in instead of completely removing them. U got eidolons as a replacement and for years there was no plan on them being added back into the game. DE removes everything that's fun in this game and if you haven't seen this just play longer and you'll understand. 

Also they don't need a full commitment on pve they already have for atleast a couple years. They don't do anything for conclave.  And guess what? PvE still trash. All we got this year in going on 5 months is Garuda prime . No matter how many devs u have working on pve(which all of them have been for years) we will always get this annual content drought and people will complain about the garbage content they do finally drop until DE goes back to being the respectable devs we used to know years ago. 

I feel sad for conclave not having an active Dev... Dojo decorating has an active dev even when the active player is way lower than conclave (I saw a pie chart somewhere). Conclave has its own feedback forum while decorating does not. But dojo decorating dev is very active on giving QOL improvement updates. She replies every month-ish, even DE Rebecca and Megan will occasionally preview these dojos on stream... Not only that, they do Dojo contest and winners are exhibited in the starchart around your dojo.

Talking about unfair treatment. They showcase dojo because I believe it makes them money. It takes tons (up to 128) of forma and other resources to build dojo rooms which makes player spend 30plat for 3 formas, not including other decors that requires forma to build.  This is just my speculation.

Sorry being off topic, but yeah conclave can be fun if they spend the time to improve it with your feedback over the years...

4 hours ago, Nichirya said:

I feel sad for conclave not having an active Dev... Dojo decorating has an active dev even when the active player is way lower than conclave (I saw a pie chart somewhere). Conclave has its own feedback forum while decorating does not. But dojo decorating dev is very active on giving QOL improvement updates. She replies every month-ish, even DE Rebecca and Megan will occasionally preview these dojos on stream... Not only that, they do Dojo contest and winners are exhibited in the starchart around your dojo.

Talking about unfair treatment. They showcase dojo because I believe it makes them money. It takes tons (up to 128) of forma and other resources to build dojo rooms which makes player spend 30plat for 3 formas, not including other decors that requires forma to build.  This is just my speculation.

Sorry being off topic, but yeah conclave can be fun if they spend the time to improve it with your feedback over the years...

Yea it's sad. Maybe 1 day.....

Archived