Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus School System Rework - A Broad Overview

[DE]Megan

I believe if you just decrease the Void Strike cooldown to 25-30ish and/or increase the duration to 10 it would feel just right.

Also I still feel like you could have the best of both worlds with the old Void Dash and new Void Sling. Tapping it would be quick and snappy like current Void Dash works without cutting its range, while holding it would work like the Void Sling from the stream letting the player plan their trajectory better if that's what they want.

2 hours ago, TheHunter365 said:

thats not the main issue, making it duration based and not "shot" based already make it really op for casual gameplay, but when it come to the only activity that benifit from operator damage boost "eidolons", its near pointless, 40sec cooldown, a limb rotation is 17ish sec, wich mean you need 3 people with perfect cooldown management to efficiently break the shield.
For normal warframe gameplay a damage boost is absolutely not needed, especially from focus, raw damage increase or even multiplicative damage increase, i mean you get this from bunch other things like helminth, abilities, you don't need focus for this.

I thought the 3 people were there to guarantee an operator crit hit? you are ok with having 1 person per limb with the current crit state?

Hm.... I guess dmg blessing does help with the 1 person per limb idea...

2 hours ago, Chozen_Bard said:

so it makes sense.

Idc about it making sense, gameplay wise they are slow and clunky, if that`s the case why can hydroid turn his physical body into a puddle? why can gas clouds damage explosive barrels? Saryn`s spores should not be able to spread through walls but I bet you don't mention that. And I bet when DE does give them movement improvements you won`t complain (since you probably don`t play them on their own) so don`t come to me with it making sense in a futuristic game.

Also they are not void Ds that's what Ballas calls them, but they are not that and mentioning human in the same sentence plus Naramon has a speed increase. What YOUR saying makes no sense.

The Sling is sent out in the direction the camera is facing once fully charged, or upon release.

could..... this instead always wait for you to release, rather than automatically using it when it's done Charging?

• if you feel like Void Strike "needs" a 40 Second Cooldown, it seems like whatever you've designed isn't particularly well suited for this game. this isn't a slow paced game after all. 40 Seconds is an eternity.
    besides, the theme of Madurai is recklessness isn't it. having an eternity Cooldown doesn't sound very reckless to me. quite the opposite, that sounds incredibly strategic.
    if you want, you can add a skill based way to reduce the Cooldown instead, as long as it's something you can do in most any Combat situation.
  • i've always wanted to make good use of Void Singularity, it's just always been crap because Void Static ruins both Singularity and Void/Stealth mode by Alerting any and all Enemies within a big 'ol Bubble around you.
    it's a good tool, we've just been punished for trying to use it. it doesn't have to be removed, and it would be nice if it wasn't, heh.
  • could you add a skill based way to recover Vazarin Revie Charges? you want synergy, and recuperating things with synergy is kind've a big way to do this.
  • can the Vazarain Heal/Regen be like, 50/s + 1% max Health/s, or something? just to keep it being actually useful on things like Objectives. since it hasn't been and is not really doing much for an Objective when it has like 100,000 Health.
  • overall i'd even say, fundamentally build in some recuperating properties with synergistic use if you really want to encourage that more strongly. let us speed up Cooldowns or Regenerations in various ways by being active in Combat/Gameplay. for some perhaps specifically spacekid/Warframe, and others with either.

Edit: oh, you know. another option would be instead of Dash or Sling, spacekid could just essentially have Mach Rush. ala hold down such Button to just move forward in 3D space at fairly high speed. literally just let us fly like a Plane while consuming Energy over time. when you want to stop, let go of the Button.

16 hours ago, (PSN)bitraiser said:

Honestly, it's a bit op. Can wreck nearly anything that isn't immune to it with little effort. This nerf makes sense. 

you could say that spacekid having mobility is also """OP""" because it lets Warframes without Movement Abilities be fast.

Ok, so aside from a few things -most- of the changes look good on paper.

I have severe doubts about the new void strike being able to accomplish what DE has set out for it. So, instead of sitting invis waiting for its damage to charge up, we're going to be....sitting invisible waiting for a timer to run down to be able to use it again? This is "better" somehow?

I still do not like the changes to void dash/sling whatever people end up calling it. I want to go max distance, every time. Can we either:

a. get the option to invert, where a tap goes max distance, and hold draws in the sling closer

or

b. just have the variable distance sling be a toggle-on-or-off option?

I also gravely despise removing void blast. If I wanted back in my frame, I would press 5 again. Unnecessary, unrequested change.

Since the workshop doesn't mention it:

Last time there was a Focus rework, we were also refunded our Lenses to reapply as we saw fit. Is this not happening for this second respec? I would appreciate the opportunity to move some of my lenses around.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Parkour: we want movement to be king, but better controlled. Current Void Dash does not provide easily controlled movement in the typical gameplay spaces.

Instead of this hold mechanic, why not do this?

Let us void dash without being in void mode. That way when we press jump again in midair, we'll do a short dash. But if we're in void mode, pressing jump will let us do our normal long dash.

When playing, I almost always use Zenurik even though I really like the lore of Unairu and wish that Unairu is a competitive alternative. I feel like the only way to entice me into using other schools is by giving each school common/unique ways to gain energy because energy=value for me in most cases

3 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Like I keep saying the operator needs to be good on their own if we are going to use them. I also think operators should have their own melee weapons (void melee).

this is something that DE said they were working on from memory before it seeming got abandoned as "to much effort" like the operators on k-drive that they said they were working on with the original expansion to orb vallis... that we still do not have

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The first x Revives are instantaneous. All following Revives have their speed increased by x%.

Hi, could this be revised to somehow get the instant revives back during a mission instead?
Perhaps some form of do so-and-so with your Warframe to get instant revives back. Could be mass murder, could be healing your squad/objectives. 

Having the Trinity passive once charges are out seems very meh, it does not really seem to fit into the intended changes of this rework of going back and forth with the Warframe.  
Overall this school needs way more love to really feel like the support school. 

il y a 52 minutes, 0x62 a dit :

I thought the 3 people were there to guarantee an operator crit hit? you are ok with having 1 person per limb with the current crit state?

Hm.... I guess dmg blessing does help with the 1 person per limb idea...

yes its still okay because propa got 80% cc, raplak got 93%, a good vs can place a shield backward leave his frame there, and time 1 propa on the limb, 1 propa on his frame and follow up with 1 raplak shot at the same time, this guarantee a shield one shot ^^ (this is called recoveries and its used when you run out of stacks in duos 6x3s to still one shot on low stacks)

tbh 6x3 will still be possible after focus rework, just became much more tedious especially in duos, 4man squad wont have a problem other than loadtimes and shrine times
ps: you wont even need damage bless with the new void strike, you just need more people for higher uptime.

Keep void dash as it is right now, the new system looks much slower and worse as a movement tool. Void dash is our primary tool to cover great distances, don't remove a core part of our gameplay and keep our hands empty.

1 minute ago, krazox said:

Keep void dash as it is right now, the new system looks much slower and worse as a movement tool. Void dash is our primary tool to cover great distances, don't remove a core part of our gameplay and keep our hands empty.

i keep seeing people say its slower but has anyone actually looked at void dash in the last devstream? its seriously not that much slower than current void dash. can we get someone to do frame counts please to stop this bickering?

For the sake of Eidolon hunts, I would suggest tweaking Void Strike just a bit to be more in line with the fast paced nature of the fight, simply cut the duration and cooldown by half, 4s duration and 20s cooldown that could work just fine. I'm assuming the cooldown triggers as soon as you cast the ability making it 32s off-time with current duration and 16s with my suggested duration. What we need is to have the buff active for 1 quick shot (or two) every 17 seconds for 102-ish seconds.

I know most players don't really care about eidolon hunts, and with good reason (heh), but I felt like sharing that for the odd chance some of that would be considered for the final release.

There may be some issues from player to player.

Overall the biggest problem I see is that you are reworking every school, but giving us the focus points back to use in the schools we have already spent them in.

We should be able to re-spec the points to any of the schools, should we not?

thanks for all your hard work

3 hours ago, (XBOX)KawaiiAsa said:

yes, and the cooldown is long because its mainly focused on CASUAL gameplay for non-eidolons, to try and tie gameplay together and keep the gameplay flowing smoothly. Hence the change from a void-mode thing to just a single button... in-and-out of operator for the buff and lay the damage on. and in casual gameplay you'll only need that severe a buff, once again, maybe once a minute, if ever.
I've said it before, but if they're focusing on casual gameplay, as they have for most updates, why should they have to change the cooldown of a strong power to accommodate for a small group of players. At worst, you drop like one or 2 Eidolon's, at best you drop nothing or increase efficiency. Either way, you'll adapt, players always will adapt to new things.
God forbid what the Eidolon community will come up with next if they dare nerf Eclipse or something.

this is still bad. it could straight up be gone for the casual group and nothing would change. almost nobody is ever gonna use it! so it is effectively useless for even casual people... 

A QoL change that would really help newer players is updating the in-game description of the schools.

Imo, only Madurai and Unairu sorta describe what their schools do. You gain no insight on what Vazarin, Naramon, or Zenurik do from reading their descriptions.

Nothing says "fast paced" like removing a unique and complicated minigame of stack management for 8 seconds of uptime and 40 seconds of doing absolutely nothing useful. People found themselves afking in void mode charging stacks not because they needed to for stacks but because there is nearly 20 seconds inbetween every limb and 40 seconds of screaming after the last limb. There isn't much to do during all that downtime but charge. 95% of hunting is just waiting between animations, it makes sense that people would charge during that time no? It's the game that isn't fast paced enough but congrats on making it even slower

Archived