Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus Reborn: Dev Workshop

Marcooose

Question!

What happens when both an Ancient Healer and Guardian Eximus were to show up in the same tileset? Like in Corrupted ones or Void Fissure missions?

I know that Healers don't provide Eximus any Overguard, but does it get the 90% DR from Guardian and also, does the Overguard itself get the 90% DR from the Guardian Eximus.

Meaning that you could have an enemy with 9x it's effective health, bolstered by 90% DR, protected by a unit with 90% DR on both Overguard and health?

I just wanna know the interactions of their aura abilities.

Questions.

What about Protea's Blaze Artillery and Shrapnel Grenades affect the Guardian Eximus?

Will it able damage through the shield? Since the turret are Warframe ability and had innate punchthrough.

Also, will the turret still aiming at the Eximus?

5 hours ago, (PSN)palebluelight said:

Wow DE way to make enemies that are more insufferable than champions in destiny. Overguard needs to be nuked what’s the point of all of the investment in cc warframes. Invulnerable enemies will always and forever be considered bs cheap artificial difficulty. Update doa.

Yeah, that's an over exaggeration and you know it. For those that don't play D2, champions:

• need to equip weapon-champion-stunning mods into their typical 2-out-of-4 slots, 10 capacity Arms armor.
  • the mods are limited-handpick by Bungie. There are 6 stunning mods that goes into the Arms, and 2 that goes into the Class armor. This makes weapon selection limited to the point where you'll have to run two primaries or one primary and one exotic weapon. (The amount of of exotic weapons that stun champions are very low)
  • of those in the Class armor, they are tied to 1 elemental-abilities. Those abilities goes on cooldown on use (around 30 sec. if stat is at 100) and they don't insta recharge on successful stun. So if they didn't equip a weapon-stunning mod and rely on class mod and didn't nuke the champion after ability-stunning them, they're most likely have to waste time doing nothing until their ability is off cooldown. It's possible to kill some faster before they can use their abilities, but that happens at the lower levels.

• When "stunning" a champion, 3 things to keep in mind:
    1. the actual stun where they don't do anything for ~3 seconds. Pretty straight forwards nothing else to explain here.
    2. the act of nullifying their abilities. For Barriers and Overloads it's to stop their health regen (Unstoppables don't have health regen); however, Barriers only regen if you don't do damage to their invulnerable bubbles and will only regen when they have it up. Overloads on the other hand you have to basically continue to hit them with overload rounds as they will always regen when not nullified. You also nullify their other abilities like teleporting around.
    3. the time before you're allow to stun them again. Unstoppables and Overloads will have this shiny looking crown that means "unstunnable" after they're stunned, when it goes away you can stun them again. The thing that makes Overloads the most hated champions types is that there's no outward que that tells me the nullify debuff is about to run out which leads to inconsistences to keep their abilities nullified. This timer is strictly internal and is separate from the actual stun and the crown.
  • Why is the portion about "keeping their abilities nullified" in point 3 when it should be in point 2? It actually belongs in both. If you failed to keep that debuff going, which is on a shorter timer than the crown, you cannot apply the debuff until the crown disappears. You having to continuously shoot it is to refresh the debuff. It's so much worse when the weapons needed to stun Overloads are smg and auto rifles, you have to expand a portion of your mag to get an Overload round. So you can imagine what it takes to keep Overlord's abilities to remain nullified.

• Overload Fallen Captains has the most inconsistences when trying to perpetually nullifying their abilities. On successful stun they remain stationary where they are.
  • Overload Vex Minitours, if not nuked to death after stun, will continue to shoot you while also running towards you for a melee hit.
  • Overload Taken Hobgoblins when damaged will fire a barrage of homing projectiles. The strategy for them is to shoot a wall to get to the Overload rounds then quickly move your reticle at the enemy.
  • Barrier Fallen Servitors will practically teleport into cover when hit by primary weapons. Strategically, you have to weaken them to a point, hit them with hard hitting weapon that staggers them thus forcing them to use their barrier on the spot without teleporting into cover. They also have a damage-invulnerability tether to nearby enemies that goes through all walls.
  • All Unstoppables will continue to chase you when they recovery from their stun state. It's possible for them to stop chasing you if you're manage to run a fair distance away from them. If you don't then either you have a cover plan to hide out until their crown disappears or you nuke them on the first stun. Kinda makes you wonder why Overload Minitours are Overloads when they behave almost exactly like Unstoppables.

Here's a funny image for you all of you to enjoy!

r8whc1vnbbv61.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ad1c9dcb2847b5666020afdd47e9c8c2f939d6c6

5 hours ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

one day maybe DE will think for the whole Warframe player base not just new players..

5 hours ago, Wiz3rd said:

Maybe this will be good for the new players, but me (and most experienced players, for that matter) will not see any difference.

Truly new players don't even have access to the void energy that's used to more easily clear overwhatever. This will make the star chart more difficult. Not sure who this is for, but it's not new players.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GAMEW1ENER said:

Not true. They have put the game into a more synergistic state where you actually have to play as a team. There will be room for warframes you mentioned as long as the rest of the team is built accordingly.

I'd love to see the stats on how many missions are run with pre-built groups vs. pugging.

3 hours ago, Ulthair said:

I think making enemies full on immune to CC effects is definitely problematic. Making them resistant would be better, something like reducing ragdoll to knockdown, knockdown to stagger, slow effects reduced by 1/2, etc? In higher level content, being able to CC enemies is the primary way of surviving if you don't just want to be a Bramma Spamma. Combined with the frequency of Eximus units spawning as missions go on, you'll eventually hit a critical mass of enemies that are immune to all forms of CC in addition to the host of buffs they're receiving. Making them resistant instead of outright immune would still make them more dangerous but also increase the methods to handle them, instead of shoehorn everyone into 'nuke everything' which is already the predominant method for handling most content.

I'm also really surprised that the Ancient Infested that got changed was... the Healers? I don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about them, whereas the Ancient Disruptors can strip 100% of your energy in higher level content in a single, unblockable, undodgeable attack that *also* knocks you down in their tether attack. If we're adjusting the Energy Leech Eximus, why not adjust Ancient Disruptors too? I've always found them a LOT more problematic.

This is pretty much my main concern as well. CC-heavy frames that were already underused are potentially about to struggle a ton with this update, especially in higher level content (Limbo for example. Rip his entire kit I guess lol). CC is their way to survive. Some frames rely on their CC abilities to trigger other abilities (Harrow).

Meanwhile Wukong Zarr/Bramma-spamma's are only going to intensify as a means to brute force through all this, potentially rendering all this work null lol 🙃

It really doesn't matter how well you design enemies or what unique mechanics you put in- if the players can still bramma or zarr it down in a single shot:

Barring a huge improperly-leveled damage reduction, these new eximus units are simply going to be blown up with the rest of the trash mobs, and people will hardly realize anything was changed.

The priorities seem a bit backwards here. CC frames are just getting a nerf from this update while the current AOE meta remains unchanged. This seems like an anti-update that takes away rather than adds anything.

making the Enemies immune to Game Mechanics with that 'Overguard' is meh. we already spend Years trying to get you guys to change landmark Bosses from being immune to Game Mechanics to being resistant to them, as a middleground. 
just follow suit with that. resistance is more fun than removing features from the game.

Ancient Healer Specters are more useful giving the current 90% DR than this 'Overguard' - so i'm not exactly on the edge of my seat about the Specters also providing the same effect as the Enemies will.

Arson Eximus units maintain a Fire Blast attack, but you can now counter the Fire Blast by simply rolling through it to negate its oncoming effect. However, Damage is now higher along with a forced Heat Status Effect when struck.

the Fire Wave already does pretty hefty Damage - if you're going to increase it further, could you atleast let Enemies serve as a LoS break to let us avoid it that way. there's plenty of cases where a Fire Wave is coming and there isn't really any Terrain for you to hide behind so you're going to get hit either way.

Guardian eximus shields are immune to punch through,  and Guardians have very high resistance to AOE damage for themself.  Units protected by the Guardian's aura are not immune to punch through nor do they have any special resistance to AOE, just the generic 90% resistance to everything.

it would be nice if Damage originating from inside of the Shield Walls wouldn't receive any sort of reductions. so if you slipped a Grenade under their Feet or shot a Rocket bewteen their Shields, that you'd get your normal full Damage.

Shock Eximus/Bio-Electric Eximus spawn 3 electrical orbs that will hover in place for a few seconds, dealing increasing electrical damage around the Eximus before being released and homing in on the Player.

just as a random idea as i read this, what if we could deflect the Homing Orbs back at the Enemies in some way. hitting with a Melee Attack would be the classic trope but i think i'd like to go for a Ground Smash being what deflects it back.

for the Energy and Health Leeches, i might prefer if rather than a pulse of strong effect, they created a zone of medium effect that lingers for a while. trying to prevent you from being able to stand at that location for a bit, like 10 maybe 12 Seconds. so a zone of Energy or Health loss.

i like the Venomous and Blitz ones, no comments on those.

This is not ok alot of frames use CC TO SURVIVE. you take away the CC 9 times out of 10 your going to get one shot in higher lvs. why cant you think about what this does to everyone instead of oh "players want more of a challenge lets just make everything bloody immune" its Shear LAZYNESS! 

7 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

With the addition of Overguard, we’ve updated the scope of which abilities are considered to be crowd control. Note that these abilities will still do their intended damage -- it is only the crowd-control effect of the abilities that won’t apply while Overguard is present

• Sevagoth’s Gloom
  • Chroma’s Effigy: Sentry
  • Xaku’s Gaze
  • Garuda’s Seeking Talons
  • Mirage’s Sleight of Hand
  • Mirage’s Prism
  • Khora’s Ensnare 
  • Volt’s Discharge 
  • Baruuk’s Lull
  • Harrow’s Condemn
  • Excalibur’s Radial Blind 
  • Ivara’s Quiver: Sleep arrow
  • Revenant’s Reave
  • Revenant’s Mesmer Skin
  • Inaros’ Desiccation 
  • Yareli’s Sea Snares
  • Limbo's Rift & Cataclysm
    • Eximus Abilities will now ignore Limbo's Rift, however any other types of damage from Eximus will still be avoided. 

Keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive to all Warframe abilities that Overguard is resistant to, simply ones that we are now considering Crowd Control. 

GUARDIAN

Current
A radial shield charge pulse for allied enemies in range. 

NEW
Guardian Eximus now provide significant damage reduction to its allies (your enemies!), which is indicated by a collection of smaller shields circling around them.The Guardian Eximus units have 3 rotating shields that fully block incoming damage on themselves, and also create a similar visual effect on nearby allies that applies a Damage Reduction buff on them. This damage reduction does not affect VIP enemies such as Demolysts, Capture targets, or Bosses, and does not stack with other friendly Guardian Eximus. However, it will affect other Eximus units within a range!  

Important Note on Guardian Eximus related to AOE attacks:

4 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Guardian eximus shields are immune to punch through,  and Guardians have very high resistance to AOE damage for themself.  Units protected by the Guardian's aura are not immune to punch through nor do they have any special resistance to AOE, just the generic 90% resistance to everything.

Visual Changes
Guardian Eximus units now exhibit 3 large blue rotating shields. These shields have visible gaps between them, offering multiple opportunity windows to shoot your foe. Allies with Overguard applied now display a simpler version of the shields with similar rendering but with a different shape to avoid confusion. The smaller shields on buffed allies do not physically block damage like their Eximus counterpart, but act as a visual indicator that Damage reduction is being applied. 

A fun player-to-enemy interaction would be to make the Guardian Eximus's orbiting shields (both itself and other nearby enemies) vulnerable to damage rather than just copy the Elite Shield Lancer.

Think of Halo's Jackals with their shield gauntlets, where taking too much damage will overload and disable the shield briefly. Doom had a similar concept, but you have to overload the energy shields with a specific weapon (Plasma Rifle) to cause the overload detonation.

In the Guardian Eximus's case, allow excessive damage to overload the shield and cause it to deal Electric proc and damage to the Eximus and nearby enemies,

I'm not too sure about a 90% damage resistance, which makes the Guardian Eximus act like an Ancient Healer. It wouldn't be a good implementation if the damage reduction acts like an Elemental Enhanced Sortie, where wrong damage types do no damage whatsoever.

SHOCK / BIO-ELECTRIC (new) 

We have added a new Eximus variant by allowing Infested enemies to now become imbued with electric energy! Introducing: Bio-Electric Eximus, the newest Infested Eximus threatens to shock any Tenno to their senses if they fail to evade the Infested Eximus or their lethal homing electric orbs. 

Current
A small electrical Damage Over Time area. This is difficult to notice until hit with an Electric Status Effect. 

NEW
Shock Eximus/Bio-Electric Eximus spawn 3 electrical orbs that will hover in place for a few seconds, dealing increasing electrical damage around the Eximus before being released and homing in on the Player. The damage from these electrical orbs scale with level. Killing the Eximus or putting it into a Mercy state will destroy any active Orbs. 

Visual Changes
Shock Eximus have mini versions of the electrical orbs orbiting around them, while they also appear to be covered and crackling with electricity

I fear that Sentinels will suffer greatly from this. If there's one thing that will kill Sentinels too often, it will be Electric procs (Railjack Shield Ospreys with the Amprex comes to mind). They should honestly be immune to AoE damage.

Overguard was introduced as a means to make Eximus units feel more formidable, while also providing Tenno a way to crush their defenses with some solid teamwork and concentrated firepower. 

I would rather go for resistance than outright immunity. The Aurax Robotics (Moas and Raknoid) are a poor example of this, as this immunity narrows the player-to-enemy interactions. Finally, breaking the Overguard should stagger the Eximus, all accompanied with a satisfying shield shatter sound (insert Nox's helmet).

To be abundantly blunt, while many like me appreciate the Eximus Rework, it will matter little when players will brute force it with things like the Kuva Zarr. This can render the Eximus Rework nearly moot and pointless in the effort put into it. Make more interesting player-to-enemy interactions that offers players counterplays to the Eximus all without resorting to something like infusing Banshee's Silence onto someone or brute force.

I can see that the top part of the Guardian Eximus is wide open. Is this intentional? 

Arson Eximus Fire Blast, can Primed Sure Footed negate the knockdown? What about the Heat proc? Or does it do both? How does Arson Eximus Fire Blast affect Titania's Razorwing? Currently, it just pushes the Titania upward with or without Primed Sure Footed.

I think part of the reason why it's so hard to balance AoE weapons is that they also have good crit multipliers which in turn makes everyone turn them into Viral + Slash monsters. They can reduce inital damage all the way they want but that Slash bleed is still going to take them down. Maybe giving them damage cap a la liches, sisters, and Nox is the solution? Not sure. But AoE weapons remain a menace and they will still be unless DE does something extreme (no pun intended) with them.

• Sevagoth’s Gloom
  • Chroma’s Effigy: Sentry
  • Xaku’s Gaze
  • Garuda’s Seeking Talons
  • Mirage’s Sleight of Hand
  • Mirage’s Prism
  • Khora’s Ensnare 
  • Volt’s Discharge 
  • Baruuk’s Lull
  • Harrow’s Condemn
  • Excalibur’s Radial Blind 
  • Ivara’s Quiver: Sleep arrow
  • Revenant’s Reave
  • Revenant’s Mesmer Skin
  • Inaros’ Desiccation 
  • Yareli’s Sea Snares
  • Limbo's Rift & Cataclysm
    • Eximus Abilities will now ignore Limbo's Rift, however any other types of damage from Eximus will still be avoided. 

The good frames don't care. The ones that were already struggling got shafted. Good job on the kill list, DE.
Welp, might as well play more Elden Ring instead for a while...

5 hours ago, BionicFreak said:

I really despise the anti-warframe enemies... Why make it so our warframes are literally useless in battle? I've hated this ever since arbitrations. It makes it so warframes like Titania, Hildryn, Mesa, and others are completely useless in missions like arbitrations... it's a very sad thing.

Invincibility windows, nullifiers, arbitration drones, abilities that just don't work on most stuff... it's all so boring and makes you just want to play a tank and ignore all things Warframe... sigh.

This... this is bad, Every other part of the patch so far that was mentioned look fantastic, the new game modes, focus changes, new interesting weapon evolutions. BUT these Exemis changes for CC immunity is just NO, what is the goal of the CC immunity? Does it shake up the meta to allow less used frames to work more? No it does the exact opposite, Wukong, Inaros, Rhino, Nezha, Gara, Baruuk, Octavia, Ash, Loki, Ivara and all other frames that do not rely on CC to survive will hardly feel the change (invis, super high DR, lots of health etc), meanwhile less used warframes that require more effort to survive will ALL simply just die. Khora, Limbo, Vauban, Volt, Banshee, Garuda, and from the looks of it Gyre lacks any DR and the CC will not do anything, so if this goes unchanged not  only will the meta of warframes simply have the divide WIDEN even further between tanky and those that struggle to live, it will also mean Gyre will in all likelihood be dead on arrival.

Something like full CC Immunity should be reserved for Bosses and Minibosses ONLY not such a commonly spawning enemy that are encountered many times per mission.

DE Please reconsider the CC immunity, at the very least hold off on it until a Test cluster can be made so that it can be fine tuned with player feedback without a massive backlash that will almost certainly happen if this gets added to the game at large next week. Something like this needs more testing and consideration. Something like this, one major issue could possibly kill the positive reception of the next update on arrival since negatives unfortunately stand out more than positives. So I am begging you DE Please hold off on the Exemis until it can be tested more in a Test cluster.

The other mechanical changes (aside from the bypassing of limbo's rift) look good, the visual changes to make them stand out more, new attacks, distinct effects are nice, but its all overshadowed by the CC Immunity almost certainly ruining the player experience for anyone trying to play an "off-meta" warframe that lacks Invis, High DR and/or damage negation.

my understanding was that with overguard all eximus units will be immune to warframe CC and AoE effect of weapons (i.e. directly hitting the target with bramma does damage with drop the bomb near them doesn't do anything) which would further incentivize using operator for dealing with the eximus or using a powerful non AoE weapon. because if it doesn't include both then there will be an even higher adoption rate for AoE weapons.

In regard to Limbo: does this mean eximus units will be able to walk into the rift and damage the defense objective and everyone in the dome? (I mean with their abilities) very bad if true. I can already see people pissed off at excavator A being destroyed despite having a dome on it while the player is powering excavator B

or it's just that eximus units can't be trapped in the rift anymore (like when you cast banish on an enemy and they can't be hit or hit anything unless we are in the same plane). So if they walk into the dome the only way for us to damage each other would be if we go to operator mode since operators also don't enter the rift (this one would be really good as it incentivizes more operator gameplay integration). this won't hurt new players either because while they don't have operators to kill the eximus, the eximus can't damage them either (also maybe it's possible for you to rig the eximus ai to not stay in the rift dome so it is still possible for new players to kill them).

Archived