Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman

[DE]Megan

This is only the beginning of your interactions with the Dormizone, Tenno, more will come in the future. 

I sure hope so, it sounds great, looks great and probably was a huge amount of work but in its current state I'm sorry to say it's useless.

You've got to manually go from Orbiter -> Zariman -> Walk to Dormizone. And all you can do in there is a grand total of nothing. Realistically there is no reason to ever go there really and that's unfortunate. It'll be fun the first few hours/days decorating it but past that it isn't worth spending time in or with the feature until it's expanded further, ideally with the possibility for it to replace the orbiter altogether if the player wants to.

I was cautiously optimistic for this update, but after playing it a few hours, I'm so, so disappointed, the new void dash feels terrible, the new tenno abilities feel so much clunkier and slower than the old ones, rather than fluid and fast. As was worried about, eximus enemies and other enemies with overshields just provide yet another reason to just play tankframes and ignore everything else, while the art team killed it and the new zones and characters look great, the quest itself was terrible.

The new weapons and arcanes seem potentially great, but other than that... the new mission types seem like they have promise but are so buggy, I've been bugged into not being able to complete every one I've attempted in multiplayer, can't pass through doors that other people are passing through, just have to say, I'm super, super disappointed in this update, both from a design choice and polish perspective, I hate the focus changes and eximus rework, so much.

I really like all of this except one big thing. The fact that our orbiter and the new apartment space we get have to share items. If you spent tons of money on items or have rare ones and only one of them and can't get another right now then you're SOL. This just seems really greedy to me, basically just telling players, "buy it all again" I've spent so much time, effort and money in decorating my orbiter and I don't want to take it all down or have to buy it all again just to enjoy the apartments. This kinda kills my entire excitement for the apartments now.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Quick Thinking damage ejecting players from Yareli’s Merulina. 

• This also fixes getting kicked off other vehicles when you are at 2hp and take any damage (even shield only) despite having Quick Thinking equipped.

Nice Yareli fix, but the fact that Merulina doesn't have a damage absorption period (like Iron Skin, Warding Halo, Snow Globe, and Molt all have) means that she will still be ejected from Merulina A LOT in higher levels.

Personally, I also think that Merulina should give 90% damage reduction (on par with similar abilities like Warding Halo), but if you think that's unbalanced, please at least give her the massive Quality of Life of having that damage absorption period.

hace 30 minutos, Sylonus dijo:

I was cautiously optimistic for this update, but after playing it a few hours, I'm so, so disappointed, the new void dash feels terrible, the new tenno abilities feel so much clunkier and slower than the old ones, rather than fluid and fast. As was worried about, eximus enemies and other enemies with overshields just provide yet another reason to just play tankframes and ignore everything else, while the art team killed it and the new zones and characters look great, the quest itself was terrible.

The new weapons and arcanes seem potentially great, but other than that... the new mission types seem like they have promise but are so buggy, I've been bugged into not being able to complete every one I've attempted in multiplayer, can't pass through doors that other people are passing through, just have to say, I'm super, super disappointed in this update, both from a design choice and polish perspective, I hate the focus changes and eximus rework, so much.

Yes! thank you!, old abilities was fast, fluid.

You need energy, void dash/reenter warframe, done, 1 second tops.
Now you have to climb out your tank, cast tenno's first ability, cast the second one on top of the first to buff it, then climb in your tank again, then step with your tank inside the bubble for some time..... really??!!!. Good luck trying to do that in the middle of a frenetic gunshot, just to get one shotted and get pulled inside your frame again.

Eximus are now leech-like/acolytes-like/sentient-like, that we are forced to debilitate with the tenno because.... reasons (*), yeah good luck trying to do that on a level 200 infested eximus, by the time you are done, you will find the eximus has already drains out your warframe energy. 

Does they drop something worth the effort? endo and credits.... FML

Developers said these changes was made to *encourage players to use tenno more, but in high level missions where warframes need speed and maneuverability to survive, now you are forced to use a squishy, slow caster to do some sh!t.

I really miss void dash .. the void sling only allow short jumps, but damn ... the latency in reuse for long jump takes an eternity ..

Please allow your void sling on double jump, but give us back void dash on ctrl + jump !
I lost what i loved doing : Pinpoint precision fast jumps to go faster than absolutly any warframe. Now .. just a turtle, waiting for years before jumping again.

Edit with more gamaplay :

void slings need time to be cast (~1s) and there's one main issues, the feeling of stagger.

It breaks the combat fluidity, you were fast, triggering an action is imediate and then you want to move fast rapidly with a void slings and boom ... you have to wait until it reachs the end. If feel like the (no longer) transference out with 1000ms ping. It's greatly uncomfortable.

Maybe a wukong cloud like dash ? The main point is the action is not performed on key input.

So old Zenurik's Inner Might was not added to current Naramon fused intol Affinity Spike to give it a passive that has in-mission benefits.

Why? This was one of the most request changes to the dev workshop. Naramon has only 1 functional passive because more affinity means nothing for the current mission; there are no perks, bonusses, stats, abilities or buffs that trigger via affinity gain.

DE, this is why we have the impression of dev workshops being mostly set in stone by the time you post them here.

The ravenous void angel in the high bounty is bugged; unkillable. Another bounty tasking 150 grineers to be killed didn't spawn any grineer and eventually the missions had to fail/be aborted.

The void sling and transference are very slow and clunky compared to what we had. A suggestion is keep the dash on the small operator and burden drifter with that sling. Better to reverse it altogether though.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Pool has been removed! Any Focus points you’ve spent on upgrading your Pool capacity will be returned to you in the form of Radiant Eidolon shards, which you can convert into Focus points for a School of your choosing. The original intention of the Pool was to allow you to select the active nodes within your chosen Focus School, but as time went on the Pool only added unnecessary complexity for no real gameplay benefit. 

So, colour me crazy, but have we gotten all the shards from our pool and waybounds and such? Or is it an estimate of some sort? Admittedly I don't remember for sure, but I recall being at the point where pool costs were around 150,000 per point (at minimum, I am very certain the cost was above 100,000). I have 5 regular shards (for waybounds I presume? I had at least all of Naramon and Zenurik unbound and at least one Unairu Vazarin unbound to have 500+ operator health... EDIT: It would have been 6 waybounds, since I had operator regen!) and only 3 radiant shards, for 120,000 if the waybounds were refunded or 245,000 total if they weren't. If my estimate for pool costs is right, that would mean either a loss in Waybound refunds, or a pretty chunky loss from the pool.

(Also assuming I didn't just forget I had shards waiting to be eaten into focus points...benefit of the doubt on that one)

I don't have solid proof but based off my memory (again, pretty darn sure the pool cost was above the 100k mark), it really feels that something didn't go right on the script.

Or maybe I've missed something and some of the pool capacity points were refunded into the schools? I was chunking excess Naramon points toward it, after all...

Any follow-up would be appreciated!

EDIT: I'm sorry Megan I forgot to open my freaking inbox DXX

hace 15 minutos, Jarriaga dijo:

So old Zenurik's Inner Might was not added to current Naramon fused intol Affinity Spike to give it a passive that has in-mission benefits.

Why? This was one of the most request changes to the dev workshop. Naramon has only 1 functional passive because more affinity means nothing for the current mission; there are no perks, bonusses, stats, abilities or buffs that trigger via affinity gain.

DE, this is why we have the impression of dev workshops being mostly set in stone by the time you post them here.

At this point I can hardly believe that they even check them out seriously. Maybe they thought that it was a "good idea" to let it to stay because a minority of players still farm focus using the old finisher Equinox method, but that's a very cheap excuse if that were the case. A focus node that works for literally 1 thing that we will eventually quit after we max out all focus trees? What about those who already maxed their focus? Oh right!, I forgot, this update is not with veterans in mind. My bad.

They made Eidolon Hunts a hell now, killed the quick reaction and movement that Void Dash granted us and of top of that, they removed a focus node that gave us a way to mod our Heavy Melees more comfortably. Hope those new players (that are never guaranteed to stay) are happy now.

As predicted, based on developer gameplay demo clips and descriptions of proposed changes, the changes to Operator abilities and movement mechanics are a massive nerf and serve to degrade Operator gameplay utility.

The (now live) changes to the Operator:

• Greatly reduces Operator combat capability by removing school-based damage abilities and Void Blast radial knockdown - Only Amp damage remains. This is a MASSIVE NERF by any standard.
  • Greatly reduces Operator combat survivability by removing Operator passive armor Way-Bound and making punitive changes to Transferrence Static - WHY IN THE HELL WOULD A NEWER PLAYER RISK THIS?!?!
  • Greatly slows down gameplay when switching from the Operator to Warframe (control input now drops out during the swap.. why?)
  • Greatly slows down Operator mobility skill usage (Even after it was sped up, live gameplay now shows that a single Void Sling takes as long to execute as 4-5 Void Dashes did previously, with the added bonus of an animation lockout at the end before you can act as the Operator or swap back to the Warframe - this used to have no delay at all.)
  • Greatly impairs Operator mobility by removing all directional input from Void Dash usage (Void Sling is center of camera only on execution... why?)

DE: If your goal was encouraging Operator usage by increasing Operator / Warframe gameplay flow, you've utterly failed at that task and have actually done the opposite.

Void sling feels even worse to use than how it looked in the videos. I'm honestly amazed.
Also moving Zenurik's energy regen to an ability with a slow cast-animation really slows down gameplay. The convenience of regenerating energy nearly-constantly because you'd naturally created energy fields via void-dashing far outweighs whatever incidental buffs to numbers occurred.
Also also, everyone's predictions about the Eximus were right. DPS/Nuke and AOE frames don't care, so only CC frames are suffering.
I am, once again, amazed.

Lengthy read, but i did notice something that already bothered me during the streams where they showed the reword.

UNAIRU 

The Unairu push themselves to Outlast The Enemy. Those who mastered the Unairu school are granted enhanced damage resistance and damage reflection.

Unairu’s main pillar aims to make Unairu a proper tank Focus School with increased Armor, and opportunities for increased immunity and survivability. 

• 8 new Focus Abilities.
    • POISE
      • Gain immunity to slow, stagger, and knockdown effects for 40s after Transferring between Operator or Warframe.
    • LAST GASP (Passive, Way-Bound)
      • Revive your Warframe by Transferring to Operator and killing enemies before the Revive Meter drains, 15s. Each kill filles the Revive Meter by 30%.
    • VENGEANCE (Passive, Way-Bound)
      • During Last Gasp, Operator Damage is increased by 100% plus an additional 25% per second.
    • MAGNETIC FLARE (First Ability input)
      • Use First Ability to create a 8m radius field that lasts for 30s and disables the shields of any enemy that enters it.
    • CAUSTIC STRIKE (Second Ability input)
      • Second Ability launches an energy bomb that explodes with a 8m radius, stripping 100% of enemy armor. Tap Second Ability again to detonate in-flight.
    • MAGNETIC BOOST
      • Void Sling out of a Magnetic Flare to refresh its duration and increase its radius by 100%.
    • REINFORCED RETURN
      • Warframe is invulnerable for 4s after Operator is downed. Tap X as Operator falls to bring the Warframe to the Operator’s location.
    • STATIC PURGE
      • 100% chance to clear Transference Static on kill while Reinforced Return is active. 
  • Reworked Unairu Wisp:
    • 100% chance to summon an Unairu Wisp for each enemy hit by Sundering Dissipation that will seek out the nearest ally within Affinity Range and increase their Operator damage by 100% for 20 secs.
      • Why: Its new coexistence alongside another Focus ability unifies the 2 together to add another layer that benefits both Warframe and Operator. It also removes having to pick up the Unairu Wisp manually, and will instead find you within Affinity Range. 
  • Tweaked Stone Skin:
    • Increases Armor for Warframe and Operator by 200.
      • Why: Adding the additional Operator Armor allows for benefits for both Warframe and Operator in the name of synergy. 

Now, i might be missing something there, but where is the focus ability for damage reflection that unairu is supposed to have?

UNAIRU 

The Unairu push themselves to Outlast The Enemy. Those who mastered the Unairu school are granted enhanced damage resistance and DAMAGE REFLECTION. <--- There, it says it in the description itself. I even made the specifc wording in caps and bold so it is harder to miss, but none of the abilities have anything related to DAMAGE REFLECTION as far as i can see.

16 minutes ago, CodeVauban said:

Void sling really removes the fun out of using your operator now.

it just need some speed adjust but i love the idea , need to charge faster and be more reactive that's it

I usualy don't post on the forums.
This update have made me want to express what i feel.

After 2 hours, I cannot avoid it void sling feels worse then what void dash was. in most games i disconnect movement from camera, that just how i play. with the new Void sling i am forced to go where the camera is pointing. with void dash i could look at something while going sideways or even backwards. Voidsling for me just have less fine controll in the horizontal plane.
Transference between warframe and operator feels worse for some reason now or atleast more janky then it used to be in singleplayer missions. 
when i played the new quest, the eximus took 0 damage from baruuk Serene Storm, when i was using Reactive Storm. not shure if that is intentional

Honsetly, I already miss the Operator Armor waybound, it just makes my operator a lot more squishy then it used to be.

I do like the art and the feel that was brought with the new Update.  And the new Operator UI is good
Credit to warframe Art team.

The new Void strike. It did suprise me that there was no synergy between it and Void flow, 

Might come back and edit this later.

After having played longer and suffert playing limbo on the new tilesets and against the new eximus. Why the CC Hate DE?
the current irritation of overguard should not have been implimentet in the game.

hace 11 minutos, ArturiaFayth dijo:

Lengthy read, but i did notice something that already bothered me during the streams where they showed the reword.

UNAIRU 

The Unairu push themselves to Outlast The Enemy. Those who mastered the Unairu school are granted enhanced damage resistance and damage reflection.

Unairu’s main pillar aims to make Unairu a proper tank Focus School with increased Armor, and opportunities for increased immunity and survivability. 

• 8 new Focus Abilities.
    • POISE
      • Gain immunity to slow, stagger, and knockdown effects for 40s after Transferring between Operator or Warframe.
    • LAST GASP (Passive, Way-Bound)
      • Revive your Warframe by Transferring to Operator and killing enemies before the Revive Meter drains, 15s. Each kill filles the Revive Meter by 30%.
    • VENGEANCE (Passive, Way-Bound)
      • During Last Gasp, Operator Damage is increased by 100% plus an additional 25% per second.
    • MAGNETIC FLARE (First Ability input)
      • Use First Ability to create a 8m radius field that lasts for 30s and disables the shields of any enemy that enters it.
    • CAUSTIC STRIKE (Second Ability input)
      • Second Ability launches an energy bomb that explodes with a 8m radius, stripping 100% of enemy armor. Tap Second Ability again to detonate in-flight.
    • MAGNETIC BOOST
      • Void Sling out of a Magnetic Flare to refresh its duration and increase its radius by 100%.
    • REINFORCED RETURN
      • Warframe is invulnerable for 4s after Operator is downed. Tap X as Operator falls to bring the Warframe to the Operator’s location.
    • STATIC PURGE
      • 100% chance to clear Transference Static on kill while Reinforced Return is active. 
  • Reworked Unairu Wisp:
    • 100% chance to summon an Unairu Wisp for each enemy hit by Sundering Dissipation that will seek out the nearest ally within Affinity Range and increase their Operator damage by 100% for 20 secs.
      • Why: Its new coexistence alongside another Focus ability unifies the 2 together to add another layer that benefits both Warframe and Operator. It also removes having to pick up the Unairu Wisp manually, and will instead find you within Affinity Range. 
  • Tweaked Stone Skin:
    • Increases Armor for Warframe and Operator by 200.
      • Why: Adding the additional Operator Armor allows for benefits for both Warframe and Operator in the name of synergy. 

Now, i might be missing something there, but where is the focus ability for damage reflection that unairu is supposed to have?

UNAIRU 

The Unairu push themselves to Outlast The Enemy. Those who mastered the Unairu school are granted enhanced damage resistance and DAMAGE REFLECTION. <--- There, it says it in the description itself. I even made the specifc wording in caps and bold so it is harder to miss, but none of the abilities have anything related to DAMAGE REFLECTION as far as i can see.

Old Unairu Void Spines and Stone Skin, Stone Skin pre 2.0 rework, gave warframe 300 armor, then they nerfed in 2.0 rework, now they buffed(???) with a max 200 armor now....

Void spines are banished... to the void I guess

Archived