Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman

[DE]Megan

So - yeah there's a lot of hate going on right now... justifiably so tbh. 

But also wanted to ask about some things.

• Literally nothing new has dual energy colors working that I've seen, spent a lot of platinum today assuming that one time an update came out and I further spent time and forma unlocking the capability, that dual colors would work. Any ETA? Not holding breath because Sevagoth's Syandana and so many other things that followed don't have it functioning either.
  • What happened to the dog fur fix? It was demo'd weeks ago, really really really really really really really hoped it would look acceptable for the first time since it was made atrocious years ago. 
  • What happened to the Nidus Prime Access maggot we were supposed to get? I Always buy the top tier Prime Access - I should have received it yeah?
  • Frames not being able to be frames, in Warframe...  I mean. So many anti-ability things everywhere now. I don't want to play COD with void guns, I want to be a magical space ninja. That's why I play. I want to be able to go in and not have to worry about not having any defensive abilities because my CC keeps me safe. This update just thins the herd even more than usual because you have compounded no abilities, much more dangerous enemies, and now not even acceptable operator heals. It's not fun when it's stacked against you in every angle for the typical horrific drop rates and rewards and time gates.
  • Lastly, maybe the whole operator slowness would be slightly alleviated by the cooldown/delay being removed from transference for the sake of a sound effect? It feels like 300+ms of ping used to, completely negating it being client side now. 

Thanks for the update, but there feels like a lot more grind for the sake of grind in everything and I'm not sure why that's always a thing. It doesn't make people want to play. It makes them want to stop playing. And for most, it also won't make them pay, either. 

Unfortunately this new update is a big disappointment. They failed to give us a good focus rework. New syndicate rewards arent great either. New game modes arent new and are boring with minor changes the new bounties are annoying. The new personal apartment is useless. I have other reasons but I think I already mentioned enough. The only good parts of the new update are gyre and new weapons I guess nothing more. 

I'll just second the other posts here. Why is void sling a thing? Void dash was much better.

Void sling is... slow. Really slow. And clunky as hell......

Half the fun of this game is running around at top speed killing everything in sight. Void sling is... Well, never going to use it ever. Bullet jump is faster

I'm also not a fan of having to swap to operator, and randomly use an attack just so I can regen energy.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Molt Vigor (Warframe)
On Operator Ability: 45% Ability Strength on next Warframe Ability cast.

The powercreep in this update is a power-leap.

Between this and Madurai's +40% power strength you're looking at 85% power stength with very little overhead... Gloom nerfs incoming... 

Go into operator, sling twice, use your operator 1 ability, go back to warframe and initiate any channeled ability. Bam, an extra 85% power strength while channeling... Crazy...

With Umbral Intesifty+Umbral Vitality + Augur Secrets (55%+24% = 79%) paired with the 85% bonus you're looking at 264% power strength which is only 8% less than what is needed for max slow with Gloom.

Blind Rage + Overextended + Umbral Intensify = (99-60+44 = 84%) power strength with the 85% bonus you're looking at 269% power strength... only 3% less than max slow while having the huge range boost from overextended.... For only 3 mod slots... wut...

The Sevagoth meta is here, boys.

Its a good thing the new Eximus units are immune to CC...

First impressions:

• I didn't expect a fix for dodging through the teleporter in [spoiler] camp. That's a seemingly silly but very welcome fix!
  • The new focus school UI is 1000x better than it was before. Nice QOL improvement.
10 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The powercreep in this update is a power-leap.

Between this and Madurai's +40% power strength you're looking at 85% power stength with very little overhead... Gloom nerfs incoming... 

Go into operator, sling twice, use your operator 1 ability, go back to warframe and initiate any channeled ability. Bam, an extra 85% power strength while channeling... Crazy...

Reading the patch notes, I was pretty shocked at the large and easily-activated +power boosts. Lots of Hildryn love in those notes!

So, I definitely did not get all my focus back from this update. I had farmed enough previously to max everything out on all my trees and yet I can barely afford to max out the Operator Passives on a few of the trees I don't use. I can't imagine they were only refunding SOME of the points, I thought it was supposed to be all of it.

4 minutes ago, atteSmythe said:

First impressions:

• I didn't expect a fix for dodging through the teleporter in [spoiler] camp. That's a seemingly silly but very welcome fix!
  • The new focus school UI is 1000x better than it was before. Nice QOL improvement.

Reading the patch notes, I was pretty shocked at the large and easily-activated +power boosts. Lots of Hildryn love in those notes!

Yeah. This is probably the biggest leap in player power we've seen in quite awhile. An extra 85% power strength is ridiculous.

And don't get me started on the overshields +300% crit chance and shields = extra duration... Protea is definitely a meta frame now.

You need some balance between crowd control just being completely shut off and enemies having a duration / intensity resistance, I understand that locking out your new microboss design with CC doesn't make them engaging but a full block on using CC is too much. If you want to make the enemies harder, you also can't just completely stonewall one option while leaving another option basically untouched - Eximus units still fall like paper vs. straight damage including the current literal meta, explosive weapons. This doesn't increase the difficulty or engagement of an Eximus unit as much as it does simply channel the player into continuing this vicious cycle.

This is almost Arbitration Drones 2.0 and it has the same effect: A Titania player can't shoot the drones with Dex Pixia because it's intended to create challenge? That player's response is to switch to their Bramma, Sporelacer or whatever else and vaporize the drone and everything else nearby way easier than having to aim with Dex Pixia anyways.

If you can balance out the overall defenses of Eximus units so that they don't *clearly* favour any particular cheese tactic then I think you are on the right path with clear telegraphs and more of a presence!

The focus rework is like.. honestly please roll this back.

Overguard making enemies immune to any and all CC is absolutely terrible. The only Warframes that make sense to play in this context are the ones who can actually affect themselves or enemies 100% of the time, the exact same situation that exists for Arbitrations. Except now it's in every mission in the game. CC reliant Warframes are both less relevant for content and suffer from reduced survivability.

The Dormizone is dead on arrival. Getting there is tedious, I loose functionality that I have in my Orbiter/Drifter Camp, I don't gain any new functionality... it's just a pretty corpse.

The new Zariman tiles are neat. What's not neat is how heavily the new mission types punish you if you are trying to complete them solo (multiple objectives, and now you can't use a CC Warframe to support one while you go do the other because Overguard is a thing). Having resources rewarded from map exploration is really neat. What's not neat is that the player(s) who are doing the objective then need to go and make the time to go and pick up all the loot that the "explorer" is uncovering. It just drags out the mission and doesn't add anything. Again, there is precedent for game modes having this problem (Railjack in this example) and you already knowing what the solution is (making resource pickups squad-wide).

Thrax enemies just ignore status immunity and throw out mag procs even when you equip something like Arcane Nullifier.

If you do not have a maxed out Operator, you are in for a world of hurt when trying to do either the quest or the following bounties. I don't know what you think increased difficulty is supposed to be like, but this is just a really bad DPS / health check, and has nothing to do with actual skill or understanding.

Everything relating to swapping between Operator and Warframe, moving around as Operator, and casting abilities as Operator is horrible. At least you didn't make Zenurik's energy regen drastically worse. Too bad that you insist on arbitrarily walling off the focus schools, which means that on Warframes where I want to be using my abilities (which is 99.999% of them), I will always use Zenurik and the other focus schools will see exactly as much use as they did before.

The quest was a bunch of empty nonsense talk, referencing people or events that we as players have absolutely no knowledge of or attachment to. It feels seriously undercooked.

I don't think there has been an update as flawed since the release of Kuva Liches & the original version of Railjack.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Overguard was introduced as a means to make Eximus units feel more formidable, while also providing Tenno a way to crush their defenses with some solid teamwork and concentrated firepower. 

With the addition of Overguard, we’ve updated the scope of which abilities are considered to be crowd control. Note that these abilities will still do their intended damage -- it is only the crowd-control effect of the abilities that won’t apply while Overguard is present.

• Sevagoth’s Gloom
  • Chroma’s Effigy: Sentry
  • Xaku’s The Lost
    • Gaze
    • Deny
      • If Overguard is active, enemies will not be put into aerial Stasis
    • Accuse
      • No longer changes faction of enemies if immune to Mind Control, such as when Overguard is active 
    • Note: These changes to The Lost also apply to other Crowd Control Immune enemies 
  • Garuda’s Seeking Talons
  • Mirage’s Sleight of Hand
  • Mirage’s Prism
  • Khora’s Ensnare 
  • Volt’s Discharge 
  • Baruuk’s Lull
  • Harrow’s Condemn
  • Excalibur’s Radial Blind 
  • Ivara’s Quiver: Sleep arrow
  • Revenant’s Reave
  • Revenant’s Mesmer Skin
  • Inaros’ Desiccation 
  • Yareli’s Sea Snares
  • Limbo's Banish
    • Eximus ignore the knockdown effect of Banish while Overguard is active, however they can still be sent to the Rift plane regardless of Overguard 
  • Limbo’s Stasis

Keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive to all Warframe abilities that Overguard is resistant to, simply ones that we are now considering Crowd Control as of this update.

Way to nerf CC into the ground... Might as well remove all of the above abilities from the game if you wanted to make them absolutely worthless.

Second impressions, after playing a bit:

I don't understand Overguard. I can't tell how much health it has left, and then it's suddenly gone and the unit dies. I tried using my operator to blow off the Overguard health before switching back to my frame, and so far it has not once made the kill faster. It's faster, easier, and more convenient to just target the eximus with a barrage of status and then melee it once with condition overload for the win. Granted, it's one evening on day one, but it feels like a miss.

There seem to be a bug with Tidal Impunity for Hydroid whereas before the update it worked perfectly fine for me. But after this update it seems to be bugged. It should cost 15 energy but it consumes 50 energy after the second cost. I'm not sure if this was mentioned before.

2 hours ago, Prince_El-Ahrairah said:

So, I definitely did not get all my focus back from this update. I had farmed enough previously to max everything out on all my trees and yet I can barely afford to max out the Operator Passives on a few of the trees I don't use. I can't imagine they were only refunding SOME of the points, I thought it was supposed to be all of it.

They may have adjusted the costs of items in each tree to replace the focus pool? (I didn't see if they wrote this anywhere). Points that went into your focus pool were refunded as eidolon shards, which you will have to convert back into focus points.

The new bounties/missions feel incredibly painful to play since the operator is getting his ass kicked every 2 sec. by hordes of mobs - especially in SP. I've played all of them (normal and SP) solo and the experience is bad, because you increased the transference time from operator to warframe and locked mission progression behind a fight between a 2-shot operator and rank 150 SP units. 

On 2022-04-28 at 3:28 AM, Pixxel_5 said:

Overguard making enemies immune to any and all CC is absolutely terrible. The only Warframes that make sense to play in this context are the ones who can actually affect themselves or enemies 100% of the time, the exact same situation that exists for Arbitrations. Except now it's in every mission in the game. CC reliant Warframes are both less relevant for content and suffer from reduced survivability.

The Dormizone is dead on arrival. Getting there is tedious, I loose functionality that I have in my Orbiter/Drifter Camp, I don't gain any new functionality... it's just a pretty corpse.

The new Zariman tiles are neat. What's not neat is how heavily the new mission types punish you if you are trying to complete them solo (multiple objectives, and now you can't use a CC Warframe to support one while you go do the other because Overguard is a thing). Having resources rewarded from map exploration is really neat. What's not neat is that the player(s) who are doing the objective then need to go and make the time to go and pick up all the loot that the "explorer" is uncovering. It just drags out the mission and doesn't add anything. Again, there is precedent for game modes having this problem (Railjack in this example) and you already knowing what the solution is (making resource pickups squad-wide).

Thrax enemies just ignore status immunity and throw out mag procs even when you equip something like Arcane Nullifier.

If you do not have a maxed out Operator, you are in for a world of hurt when trying to do either the quest or the following bounties. I don't know what you think increased difficulty is supposed to be like, but this is just a really bad DPS / health check, and has nothing to do with actual skill or understanding.

Everything relating to swapping between Operator and Warframe, moving around as Operator, and casting abilities as Operator is horrible. At least you didn't make Zenurik's energy regen drastically worse. Too bad that you insist on arbitrarily walling off the focus schools, which means that on Warframes where I want to be using my abilities (which is 99.999% of them), I will always use Zenurik and the other focus schools will see exactly as much use as they did before.

The quest was a bunch of empty nonsense talk, referencing people or events that we as players have absolutely no knowledge of or attachment to. It feels seriously undercooked.

I don't think there has been an update as flawed since the release of Kuva Liches & the original version of Railjack.

Spoiler

what annoys me the most .. this shouldn't even be OUR zariman .. we were rescued .. that means something(the orokin) must've come to the zariman and picked us up .. so why didn't they scrap OUR zariman then for all its secrets .. as I see it, this zariman is the drifters .. and since he/she/it has other experiences and because of those a different behaviour/character he/she/it isn't a clone from us .... so everything that is and was on this zariman isn't OUR HOME .. as they called it in the intro text after the first login ... it's the home of the drifter .. so operator(not drifter) ONLY players don't have any attachement to this heap of scrap that now somehow is our property...

and even further .. if this thing now is OUR property .. why can we only use one room .. where are all the other facilities on this COLONIZATION ship ? I want a garden to grow plants for crafting and an aquarium to grow fish for parts :/... there should be a foundry too ..

so many unanswered questions remain after the new war debacle ....

what do you guys think regarding the zariman ? is it the operators ?

. Each mission spawns 8 Voidplumes for keen-eyed Tenno to find! A prompt will appear letting you know how many more Plumes can be found in-mission after picking one up. 

Has anyone see this pop up?

I see the banner in the lower right showing what you picked up but not the "1/8 plumes found" message

is the hard nerf on combo efficiency build intentional ? (no combo efficiency in the focus -> not reach 90% with 1 mod -> we need 2 mod instead of 1, or a riven with high disposition to make it work)

or you don't know what you are doing and accidentally kill interesting build ?

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman 

NEW MELEE: HESPAR 

This Heavy Scythe echoes battles of another time. It is far more a weapon of sheer force than one of finesse.

The Hespar can be purchased via the in-game Market or earn its Blueprint through the Zariman Bounty rewards and its Component Blueprints in the endless Zariman mission rewards. 

General Optimizations: 

• Grenade changes:
    • Grenade AOEs are now telegraphed! Once they have made contact with a surface, their detonation radius is now indicated. 
    • Grenades will no longer ignore cover, meaning it will no longer deal punchthrough damage if you are behind cover. 
    • Reduced damage radius of Grenades. 
  • Inaros’ Sand Shadows base lifespan are now affected by Duration mods. 

Fixes: 

• Fixed clones spawned by Shadows of the Dead not teleporting back to Nekros when they are too far. 

Thank you! :) I love it!

13 hours ago, Magnus said:

Get rid of Void Sling. It's just #*!%ing awful.

Put Void Dash back in. This has been a miserable experience. I gave it a chance, and this is just pathetic.

Just make it so you can float or aimglide with void mode.

I played quite a few hours more after this post.

It's actually much worse. Void Sling might as well be an april fool's joke. It's unintuitive and generally feels unnatural. You don't charge up your bullet jump and don't take this as a reason to add charge to bullet jumps. It's not faster than just moving, and this is coming from someone with max focus. It's not more controllable because that delay is off putting, and you could literally just add hover on void mode too.

This is on top of other changes, or to be more blunt, nerfs. Now, operators have no armor waybound because of Unairu's nerf. Transferring repeatedly now is twice as long, you can't flow in between frame and operator nearly as fast, locking you into one or the other much longer. There's significantly less reason to STAY as operator between being squishier, dragging void slings, no void blasts, and powers that don't feel rewarding for some schools. Shield strip? You replaced Magnetize with Shield Strip on Unairu. Who is that for? Who is farming focus because they don't like shields? And furthermore, now that void sling has no effects on it from dashing, its only use is for movement, and no one wants to use this to move around at all, let alone as an offensive ability, so who is this even for anymore?

Because of everything, it just feels bad to play as both operator and warframe now. It's no longer synergistic, it's forced synergy, swapping out of your frame and getting the power strength bonus but quickly diving back in. There's nothing to *do* as your operator beyond what you're forced to do. Just cast abilities and go back inside. Operators now may as well just be powers 5 and 6 now and nothing else.

Archived