Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 35.1.2 ETA & More!

[DE]Rebecca

Hi Tenno!

Angels of the Zariman has arrived! We rarely emerge from a launch day without a same-day hotfix (we’re working on that), and today has been no different. While we are incredibly excited about the content in this update, we want to be transparent about when you can expect our next hotfix, among a few other things.

Hotfix 35.1.2 is currently scheduled for release on April 28 on all platforms. It will aim to eliminate the major issue with mission failure states for Bounties & more, and we’re reviewing your bug reports now to get it sorted, prioritized, and fixed. If this release date changes, we’ll update this thread. 

Beyond this, we want to make sure that any conversations about difficulty are guided by the reality that we have not taken a leap with base Star Chart difficulty in many years. We felt anything after ‘The New War’ was a good place to dial up the intensity (ideally without dialing up the issues too, but our Hotfixes will flow)! Our goal is to spend more time with this update to see how these higher-level missions play out as Loadouts are explored and optimized for these new challenges. We are watching closely and care deeply about player feedback on this matter. 

Thank you for your patience!

Please, please, make the sling optional, its so much worse than dash was, remove the delay you added for op>wf>op>wf spam and make the operator be able to use its skill instantly after he emerges and not after yet another mini delay

6 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Beyond this, we want to make sure that any conversations about difficulty are guided by the reality that we have not taken a leap with base Star Chart difficulty in many years. We felt anything after ‘The New War’ was a good place to dial up the intensity (ideally without dialing up the issues too, but our Hotfixes will flow)! Our goal is to spend more time with this update to see how these higher-level missions play out as Loadouts are explored and optimized for these new challenges. We are watching closely and care deeply about player feedback on this matter. 

This may also be the sort of area to consider different means of difficulty scaling? Levels are fine and all, but the distance between low-tier and min-maxed loadouts is pretty darn big, and only increases over time. If there was some way to benchmark certain increases in difficulty - say if a player has a fully levelled Serration, or had access to Arbitrations, or Steel Path, etc. - it may allow for better adjustments. Setting the level to 20-30 range for pre-Arbitrations, or 50-60 for post, or 70-100 for those who have the Steel Path unlocked. Or completed. So on and so forth.

Bounty dynamic should be reviewed. The drop tables are too bloated for "bounties" with no stages. These are just rotating missions with arbitrary modifiers that have forced scheduling. People like to login and play when they want to, not wait for the right mission to align with parts they need.

"No abilities" is the most un-Warframe idea I've seen since Orphix.

I am a little confused. Was it intentional that the focus points we are given back wouldn't be scaled up to be equivalent to the now, much more expensive cost of focus points?

I have worked on focus as a very slow, long term goal, and I feel like I have just lost a lot of progression. Is this a bug, a communication error, or something else? I am trying to understand the situation, as I cannot get close to the equivalent amount of unlocks I had before, even with the bonus shards I got for the removal of pool points.

Thank you. 

Please either revert Void Sling, or make it so that tapping it performs a Dash instead.
The new Sling is much slower, clunkier, and interrupts the flow of gameplay.
Transference and operator ability casting also takes a lot of time for no reason - before this update it took less than a second to transference out, do an energizing dash and get back in, nowadays transference has a long cooldown and an animation for the ability cast.

Overall focus changes seem like a move in the right direction, but at too steep a cost - operator play and movement is abysmal when compared to how fast and responsive it was before.

6 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

DE is not reverting the dash, you all are high.

I would support reducing or removing the transference cooldown, though. That's lame. 

Make it at least toggleable smh, or if not then move vazarin p dash to 3rd skill or something, dashing through the frame with slingshot is pathetic

Hot garbage IMO, soo much is broken. I cant unlock arbitrations again until they fix this mess, extraction doesn't open on some of the new missions, which you NEED TO DO, FOR ARBITRATIONS.

Operators got major nerfs, and they decided to then pin level 100's against them.

seriously, the ONLY THINGS people were looking forward to, now ruined.

Hope the bounty rewards get a look at.

15k credits for a 10+ minute, single stage, bounty with no bonus is not a encouraging sight.
We already have sooooooooooooo many places to farm endo and credits, a new end game tileset isn't the place for more.

47 minutes ago, Rizzcone said:

Make it at least toggleable smh, or if not then move vazarin p dash to 3rd skill or something, dashing through the frame with slingshot is pathetic

They can't really make a toggle for this. But if Void Sling is truly this horrible (I just did the quest so I'm still getting used to this before giving feedback) then they should indeed change the requirement for certain abilities, such as Vazarin's heal (which I still gotta recheck). Also the momentum obviously needs a proper review since it's pretty clear there's a chunk of people who aren't enjoying the mechanic due delays, among other stuff.

As for what's in the OP by Rebb, I appreciate that after all these years asking for higher level content you were aiming to this. Again, still haven't checked anything beyond the quest, but the intention I feel is on the right path.

Void Sling movement is genuinely pretty fun if you don't use Operator for the sole purpose of "infinite energy + Mind Sprint fast travel". I'm thoroughly enjoying this update. Some jank here and there, as is to be expected, but overall it's been great.

People just need to adjust to the fact that DE wants us to actually use Operator mode for more than just buffing our Frame.

1 minute ago, FatherNeb said:

Void Sling movement is genuinely pretty fun if you don't use Operator for the sole purpose of "infinite energy + Mind Sprint fast travel". I'm thoroughly enjoying this update. Some jank here and there, as is to be expected, but overall it's been great.

People just need to adjust to the fact that DE wants us to actually use Operator mode for more than just buffing our Frame.

If DE wanted people to actually use Operator then why make them squishier and put things like 'kill enemies in Operator mode to X'

I'm maxed everything on the Focus Tree already, got my 7/7/7 amp with Virtuous Shadow equipped. Still takes three full amp energy bars to even remove Overguard from a Shield Osprey Eximus on this day's SECOND level of sortie, and got killed three times in the process trying to test the new operator-based buff.

This is simply not working.

Why don't you just test and iron out the bugs before pushing new content? Every single update you guys push out is littered with bugs and this update has been the WORST experience I've had with this game since I started playing back in 2015. Stop with the new content and focus on FIXING the problems that are STILL in the game. Y'all should be better than this by now.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Does this also include feedback related to the eximus unit changes and operator changes??? Please tell me it does. I really hope that these portions of gameplay are currently being evaluated now that everyone has had their hands on it.

Okay, so I've done some AoZ content, and I've got a few sticking points that really do need to be remedied ASAP, alongside some more 'general feedback'-y stuff.

• Bounties only have a single reward at the end; While I get that these are meant to, in essence, be 'Zariman mission BUT X' with X being 'Operator kills, Melica delivery, kill X number of Grineer, or rake in X amount of dosh', this is essentially a reversion to Plains of Eidolon Bounty, Version 1.  Which is to say, it's utterly irritating.  What also really doesn't help is the bloat.  Either have the rewards triple-dip from the pool, or cut the bloat out.  Not getting what I'm after after 5 runs of a Cetus bounty is stupendously bad luck; Not getting what I'm after 5 runs deep into a Zariman bounty seems to be the net average, which is deeply frustrating and makes me not want to do the Bounties.
  • The bugs.  THE BUGS.  While no Warframe update is ever perfect on launch, and we've seen some serious revisions as things need patching (see Railjack and Liches for that), I've usually somehow come away from content on Day Zero with a relatively bug-free experience.  Not so this time.  I've had Extraction fail to appear, I had an Exterminate that didn't have any enemies spawn in, and auto-complete itself, I've had tiles not match landmarks and, seemingly, enemies with what I could collide with, etc.  Now, look, there's fixes like you said, but oof, is this a rough launch.
  • The token system.  Okay, look.  I liked it on Deimos, and to an extent, I like the idea here.  But, guys.  If you're going to tie down ranks to Voidplumes, either let us trade up (or down) different 'Tiers' of Voidplumes or set it to 1 each (like Deimos).  Having progression be barred because I need more Voidplume Vanes, which are essentially RNG Medallion spawns, or one of eight/nine(!) different Bounty loot rewards is actually pretty frustrating, and as someone who's R5's with Fortuna, this is setting off some serious Post-Medical Debt Bond Stress Disorder.  You can't just turn it off.
  • Operator changes:  Wow, wow wow wow wow wow.  Okay, where do I begin.  So, first off; Kudos for making us actually have to use our Operator as more then just a free energy source/means of zipping from Point A to Point B while ignoring gravity and ill intent.  A lot of this rework does somewhat help with the previous disconnect, the new power sets help somewhat, you've made Operators actually a handy utility.  But WOW those point costs hurt like nothing else.  Even with the Radiant Shards, I barely had enough in Vazarin alone to get the Waybounds back, and that was my main school of choice before I simped for Madurai instead.  Also, I don't 100% disagree with the Sling complaints.  It does feel pretty 'off' compared to the original Dash.  Still fast, but there feels like a delay?  I don't know.  Something just doesn't quite feel 'right' compared to Dash, but then maybe that's just years of muscle memory talking.
  • The Zariman itself; Props for the ambience and lighting, it's eldritch and I want nothing more then to, thematically speaking, get the actual hell off this forsaken place, but the tiles are either cramped or extremely open with no real in-between.  And it makes Medallion hunting, the central gimmick for finding the ranking stuff, a bit of a slog?  I do appreciate the 'lamps' that point you towards the medallions, those are a nice little feature.
  • The new enemies are actually fine.  Albeit, this is someone with a 7/4/7 Amp with Virtuos Strike slapped onto the thing, and HP and Armor Magus installed.  So I'm probably either the baseline or the 'above-average' benchmark here, but even at 110, once the Thrax enemies had their shells removed, they went down decently fast.

Well, I now have my new favorite tile to play exterminate, and the Void sling change has so far solved the clunkiness of traveling vertically as operator as well!

Though the apartment feels kinda....eh.

No navigation or foundry kinda kills it, and was hoping that maybe it would be our new navigation hub as an alternative to the Drifters Camp. (Looks amazing on PC, but ugly beyond imagination on NSW)

Archived