Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 35.1.2 ETA & More!

[DE]Rebecca

hace 2 minutos, (NSW)mrEkli dijo:

I started Warframe on PS4 launch. So that's almost the whole nine years with an around two year break. 

Same, been here since open beta, with 3 accounts along my gametime. Glad to see another veteran.

hace 3 minutos, (NSW)mrEkli dijo:

The type of game WF is the type DE wants to make and it's not all Eidolon Hunts.

That's the problem. Their company sells the idea that we can do whatever we want with the tools we have, not what the devs want. Everyone has different things they consider fun, but as long as those things do not interfere with other people's fun, everything is cool. It's not all Eidolon hunts, but there are people who enjoy that and have been doing it for years, so why killing their fun?

hace 7 minutos, (NSW)mrEkli dijo:

I was skeptical but this new Sling is better for Orphix or Disabling fields, you couldn't move as well vertically with Void Dash and now it's necessary in modes like Void Cascade. Old Void Dash is missed but the Sling does have utility.

Once again, it was very easy to move in any direction with VD, just required practice and muscle memory. If Void Sling is that necessary for a NEW game mode, then they should make it exclusively for it and leave VD for general gameplay as before. Like other people said, it should be toggeable & optional so we activate only it when we need it.

1 hour ago, Myrvair said:

That's highly unlikely, bordering on impossible in this case. The engine wasn't heavily modified so if it didn't kill your HDD before it wouldn't now - the patch is mostly content addition. And even if it would be heavily modified, it'd take really quite some work for it to only kill your hardware (you seem to be the only one suffering from it) and without prompting your OS to block any access to things that could cause such severe damage.

I am pretty sure that no, it's not DE. It's your hardware that simply died as sometimes hardware does, you just happened to be playing the game at the time.

Wait. So either you don't believe it was the game that killed your HDD... or despite it being supposed malware destroying hardware you're reinstalling it to play with it again? While I do agree that playtesting should be done far more thoroughly than it was done so far (I myself lost quite a few hours and nerves playing Zariman missions that bugged out on me and I am not planning to try yet again till after the patch) I am somewhat suspicious of this story.

This is the only game I play and the only thing that downloaded anything on my computer. Could it be that my D drive just randomly decided to stop working? possibly. But the fact that up until this update my computer was working perfectly fine makes me extremely suspicious of the update. I'm not going anywhere near the zariman missions until they properly fix them. I am still livid with DE for releasing this update in it's piss poor state that has resulted in NUMEROUS force closes and crashes.

2 minutes ago, Rigtis said:

Once again, it was very easy to move in any direction with VD, just required practice and muscle memory. If Void Sling is that necessary for a NEW game mode, then they should make it exclusively for it and leave VD for general gameplay as before. Like other people said, it should be toggeable & optional so we activate only it when we need it.

Sling just needs some tweaks and it could be more solid. It's just different muscle memory. And on that the double jump version of triggering it is helpful too. As well as give the single tap (not hold) more of a VD behavior. I think it could have best of both worlds. Kinda like the difference between Roll and Slide in execution.

hace 22 minutos, (NSW)mrEkli dijo:

Sling just needs some tweaks and it could be more solid. It's just different muscle memory. And on that the double jump version of triggering it is helpful too. As well as give the single tap (not hold) more of a VD behavior. I think it could have best of both worlds. Kinda like the difference between Roll and Slide in execution.

Correct! That's why I prefer to debate with veterans. While I agree on how awful Void Sling is, it is also true that it can fit the game with a couple fo tweaks to make it work similar to the old VD. Less delay, less inputs and more movement diversity. This way it will feels like VD, but with an improved control squeme to make it more predictable. It has the potential to be good, but sadly is in a terrible state right now. Btw, it's funny that you mentioned Roll and Slide, because DE seems to have forgotten that operators can also use the "Roll" input along with the "Slide" one. Imo, Slide could be used for Void Dash, while Roll could be for Void Sling with the same results; since operators can't dodge with the Roll input and it's completely useless in operator gameplay.

I appreciate the new update in general.

I enjoy the higher difficulty. 

I enjoy the revamp on schools.

I enjoy gameplay encouraging use of the operator.

But.

The operators need more survivability. 

And the overguard was not the way to go. Listen to what most people are saying, give the resistance to CCs and DR to AoE damage.

Hit those two points and people will calm down a lot.

On 2022-04-28 at 7:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Beyond this, we want to make sure that any conversations about difficulty are guided by the reality that we have not taken a leap with base Star Chart difficulty in many years. We felt anything after ‘The New War’ was a good place to dial up the intensity (ideally without dialing up the issues too, but our Hotfixes will flow)! Our goal is to spend more time with this update to see how these higher-level missions play out as Loadouts are explored and optimized for these new challenges. We are watching closely and care deeply about player feedback on this matter.

Personally I am very happy with where the difficulty currently lies. It's a great balance for base star chart without creeping into steel path difficulty. My problem lies with the rewards. Specifically endo and credit bundles. Personally, endo and credit bundles should not be a potential reward in high tier content. Players in high tier content usually are already loaded with endo and credits or have many other ways to get them. Endo and credits should be a guaranteed mission completion reward at this tier. Maybe 1/5 of whats currently in the reward pool. Whenever I get either of them as the selected reward, I felt like my time isn't valued at all. Take them out from the reward pool to shrink it. Even if they are not a guaranteed mission clear reward, I would still be ok with that.

Edit: Endo and Credit bundles are the worst.

Archived