Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.2

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

NOW: There is now a guarantee that out of the 8 Medallions that spawn in a mission:

• 1 will be Rare (aka Voidplume Crest now guaranteed in every mission)! 

• 2 will be Uncommon

• The remaining 5 will have a chance to be either Common (75%) or Uncommon (25%).

There is now far more benefit to finding all 8 Medallions, as you are guaranteed 3 higher tier out of the total 8. 

It's probably been mentioned already, but this doesn't seem to have changed the medallion count in missions that, as long as I've been playing, spawn fewer than 8.  AFAIK, these are the "limited map" missions: Intercept and Defense.  A very few of these spawn 8 every time, but the majority are zero and some are between 1 and 6.  It was always a consistent number for each map up until the Corpus tiles were reworked--those are random:  I think between 1 and 5.

I can understand if the intent is that these small missions wouldn't necessarily have all 8 medallions, but it'd be nice if all the ones that spawn zero at least had something.  Personally I'd understand if the ones that always spawn a bunch were reduced at the same time, in return for a more logical system.

I only ran a two of these missions that spawned medallions, but the one with 8 medallions  aligned with the numbers you described.  The one new Corpus tileset Intercept I ran only spawned one, but it was the highest tier.   I guess that rare really is guaranteed.

I am going to very slightly miss the once-in-a-blue-moon multiple rare tier medallion mission.  But I think that's only happened to me 3 times in several years.  From a pure rewards perspective, this new system is light years better.

Remove Void Sling and bring back Void Dash.

It's slow, extremely slow, inaccurate, gets stuck on the littlest things, has a disorienting and jarring FoV shift, and purely does not feel good, at all. Re-introduce abilities that affect dash, as well. It wasn't just for movement, it has benefits in using it in combat. Now it doesn't. Void Dash was useable in combat and movement through any tileset. Sling? You're *forced* to use it on specific enemies. There is no flow of use like Dash, only demand of using it.

And honestly, why was void blast even removed? You're now *forced* to sling through Kuva Guardians. It's so clunky and miserable.

And bring transference speed back up. Why was this nerfed?

I'm gonna get hate for this but I actually really like Void Sling. It feels much more natural to use than the old dash. It's more accurate, only slightly slower, and doesn't require investment in Way bounds to have useable range.

I also like being able to finely control distance.

Strongly agree that Operators need to be more durable/competitive in high level content, though.

I no longer get stuck in the elevator, but I get booted into solo play when I try to queue for a bounty. It shows people joining, then the mission starts and I'm solo. The bounty requirements get very difficult solo. Especially things like trying to find a key thing to turn into the cephalon WHILE defending exodampers. Basically, bounties are still rather unplayable right now. 

Also, needing operator kills during bounties gets very difficult at high level. Even with a strong operator loadout, you melt if you take any fire. You basically need to hide, pop out to shoot once or twice, then hide again. Not very engaging. Otherwise, the operator changes are pretty nice. 

The other changes are nice, though. Thank you, DE!

This update broke matchmaking in the Chrysalith. Started a bounty from Quinn and when loading in the elevator, I see other players name popup but once I'm done loading the other players aren't in the session. Its treating as if I was playing solo. Pressing escape pauses the game like a solo match. Please bring back the void dash and the transference in and out of the warframe is really slow.

53 minutes ago, HiddenKazuma said:

I'm gonna get hate for this but I actually really like Void Sling. It feels much more natural to use than the old dash. It's more accurate, only slightly slower, and doesn't require investment in Way bounds to have useable range.

Strongly agree that Operators need to be more durable/competitive in high level content, though.

"Slightly slower" is a huge understatement.
It's better to parkour your way through the map now.

still no void dash? -20k players in may inc (c) steamcharts 

ok DE we really appreciate your sense of humor but its time to end this massive april fool

i refuse to believe it can be any serious. you say - movement is a king but what you do? adding delays, cooldowns, decreasing dash range roughly 2x.

i'll be honest here, this is not the way to make movement king in this game. if any of us wanted to move slower, we could just press dash button slower. and we had a choice. what choice do we have now? to press button 8 times for 8 short slings or to press it 2 times for 2 charged slings to reach the destination point WiTH LITERALLY EQUAL SPEED

1 hour ago, HiddenKazuma said:

I enjoy the new Void Sling. Rather have more control than speed.

Can you guys put the energy dash back to void dash i find myself not using it as much cause too many stuff to press now it's so frustrating and not as efficient.

When i use the operator ability section i should be able to transfer back into my warframe with just scrolling the ability and pressing use ability button and this makes using abilities easy and efferent. But now you always have to press 5 to transfer back to the warframe after using a operator ability i find this less efficient so i just  use the void dash only and not operator abilities. 

I find it less efficient in the middle of the run to switch to operator and to switch to the operator abilities and use a ability and press just 5 again to transfer back i died several times doing this and i stop using operator abilities all together and i can't put a keybinds on it to my mouse already ran out of keys on it.

Usually i can scroll and select the 5th ability without pressing 5 and just use it and jumped to operator but when i use operator abilities  i can't scroll and find it and now i always have to press 5 it's really not efficient and would like to have a hidden operator transfer back to warframe on the operator ability section. would make things better.

It would be great if you could make the operator abilities section to have a 5th ability that i can scroll and select and use to transfer back to my warframe without always having to press five it would make things much more flexible and better

Update seems to have broken the Angels pin attack (?) that forces the Operator out. If the Operator dies without freeing the WF, you're just stuck until you die. Couldn't free the WF for some reason when Void Sling worked before. Great first experience with that bit of content.

Also, casting Wellspring and Hardened Wellspring takes WAY to long.

Before this update/hotfix I was able to play with others, now I'm forced into singleplayer upon starting a bounty given by Quinn; doing the missions solo is fairly borring not gonna lie...
Oh yea, sometimes when doing void flood, the rupture counter doesn't count forwards it completion number, still getting my reward though but it gives the cold sweats when you see it for the first time.

lDPwoRP.png

For the love of god, please fix the Vasero Sekhara, its not centered and its misplaced by a long shot.. Was hoping this hotfix was gonna fix it, but no.. 

Not can you just buy this with plat, but the fact u can also get it in the supporter packs for real money, and its not even a final product..

What about Overguard void damage vulnerability shadow nerf? It goes from 300% down to 150%.

Do we really should care about operator's abilities and amps? You just cut every reason to use operators in normal combat in half and say nothing about it.

Getting the same bounty matchmaking issues as others. Start bounty, go in elevator, people join squad, people leave squad. Then when pressing the + button in pause menu...

"This mission is being played offline. Other players cannot be invited."

I personally like the idea of Void Sling and having more control over where I end up. What I don't like is the sacrifice of the speed and ease of use of Dash. A suggestion I have would be to fuse the two systems together in a press/hold system with the Jump key/button. For example, tapping the Spacebar while in Void Mode would initiate the full, original Void Dash at original speed and distance while holding the Spacebar down would initiate Sling. Perhaps vice versa. I think this would be a good way to satisfy as many as possible on this issue, plus introduce some crazy potential movement fun.

Archived