Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Clients Not Receiving Void Flood Rewards - Support [RESOLVED]

[DE]Megan

Hello Tenno!

As the Friday work evening comes to an end for the DE crew we wanted to be transparent that we’re not going to deploy another Hotfix before the weekend.

However, we wanted to draw attention to a known issue we’re actively fixing:

Void Flood rewards not being given to Clients.

Since we are not Hotfixing again before the weekend, our Support team is here to provide missing rewards for said Void Flood Clients. We ask that you make a Support ticket with the title “MISSING VOID FLOOD REWARD AS CLIENT” so our team can work towards rectifying the accounts. Of course, other issues you encounter related to your hard earned items not being rewarded can also be reported to support for resolution! 

We recognize this isn't the most glamorous resolution but didn’t want to leave this issue known without offering some kind of recompense.  

The team will reconvene for a Monday Hotfix on all platforms to resolve this issue. 

Thank you and have a great weekend!

P.S: Bug Reports can go here to get on our radar: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1787-spoilers-angels-of-the-zariman-bugs/ 

5/2/2022 Status Update:

All platforms have received a Hotfix that contained the fix for Clients not receiving Void Flood rewards.

Support will continue to respond to tickets created post Hotfix fix - closing this thread for now! 

Edited by [DE]Megan
fixed
  • Like 18

WOW!!! Something that should have been caught in testing with developer options and tools that would have taken less than 5 minutes, is now becoming an unnecessary strain on support. This is insane to think that this is the temporary "fix". I really do hope that your support team is getting paid much more than they normally do now.

I should have mentioned that just removing the ability of playing said mode would have been smarter (Like you also did for Steel Path on these nodes) until said issues were fixed. Or remove this mission type from bounties.

18 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Oh man I hope the support folks are getting hazard pay this weekend.

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. I'm not even sure if support would be ready for THOUSANDS of requests which sounds more labor-inducing than it would to work over the weekend on a hot fix. Hopefully it's all hands on deck, and almost double the pay for them. And one can also hope that support doesn't somehow go down from the influx of requests if it can.

Edited by (NSW)Master2873
Added info.
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

WOW!!! Something that should have been caught in testing with developer options and tools that would have taken less than 5 minutes, is now becoming an unnecessary strain on support. This is insane to think that this is the temporary "fix". I really do hope that your support team is getting paid much more than they normally do now.

Edit: I should have mentioned that just removing the ability of playing said mode would have been smarter (Like you also did for Steel Path on these nodes) until said issues were fixed. Or remove this mission type from bounties.

They didn't open testing server this time, i think because they afraid tester will spoil their games (like leak)

26 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

They didn't open testing server this time, i think because they afraid tester will spoil their games (like leak)

I'm not talking about a test server. I'm talking about in house development. Hence development options and tools in my comment. It's EXTREMELY obvious that they either need in house QA, or need to do the QA themselves. Now with the obvious lack of this, or even removing said mode from bounty rotations until it's fixed. Now they're passing the brunt of what could possibly be THOUSANDS of tickets/requests to reward players for something that should have been caught in a development environment, and with tools and options to speed things up so they're not making half hour runs to finish missions, it should have been caught pretty quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

I'm not talking about a test server. I'm talking about in house development. Hence development options and tools in my comment. It's EXTREMELY obvious that they either need in house QA, or need to do the QA themselves. Now with the obvious lack of this, or even removing said mode from bounty rotations until it's fixed. Now they're passing the brunt of what could possibly be THOUSANDS of tickets/requests to reward players for something that should have been caught in a development environment, and with tools and options to speed things up so they're not making half hour runs to finish missions, it should have been caught pretty quickly.

With respect my dude, as someone who does QA in the industry it's very normal for the server-side stuff to have hiccups where there are different results between testing environments, spoofed public environments, and the actual public. Without knowing more about the issue you can't really make a call like the one you're making. Sure, ideally, a little bit of dev-tweaking would make catching this easier, but for all we know they did test with debug tools and it was using the debug tools that made it so it didn't occur on their end. Or, alternatively, they might have known about the issue, fixed it, regressed it as fixed, but some other permutation of it is the one hitting players and they need more time to investigate. Pretty sure DE has in-house QA, too, one of my leads used to work for said QA team as a tester many years ago.

I do agree that maybe the mode should have been taken offline temporarily, though, if this is happening with 100% of players. I usually play solo so I haven't encountered it yet myself. Your support team deserves way more than a pat on the back for the way you guys are proceeding with this, even if it's understandable. I'm talking double pay for the weekend at least, and get them some steak dinners or a couple extra days off. Literally buy out a Pizza Pizza and move their offices there for a weekend, you know?

Edited by Tavanaka
  • Like 4

为什么我所有的战甲和mod效果加成所有的武器也一样出现问题这么严重的问题怎么能出现特别影响玩家充钱影响玩家玩这款游戏的心情玩家辛辛苦苦肝了那么久一个bug直接断送了玩家的心血出现启动然后删了重新下载了还是这样子的问题特别影响玩家心情DE官方技术人员能尽快处理

heres a bug for you, normal endless missions are forcing entire squads out when only 1 squad member is trying to extract, i've also heard that void sling is way worse than void dash

eximus overgaurd feels unbalanced, with some units who are displaying level 50 i can either 2 shot the shield away with 20,000 damage twin rogga or i have to shoot at least 20 times, its inconsistent and on top of the inconsistency when casting mirages 4 or using life support if there is a leech they can automatically get a hit off draining energy 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Tavanaka:

With respect my dude, as someone who does QA in the industry it's very normal for the server-side stuff to have hiccups where there are different results between testing environments, spoofed public environments, and the actual public. 

This game has had a consistent issue with really obvious bugs on clients for all the years I've been playing it, probably since the beginning. Once or twice is a hickup, the same type of issue cropping up again and again in every single major patch is a systemic problem with the way they do QA.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We recognize this isn't the most glamorous resolution but didn’t want to leave this issue known without offering some kind of recompense.  

Thank you for offering a temporary solution, instead of telling us to not play it. "An imperfect solution now is often better than a perfect solution next week."

Also, special thanks to the Support Team for their patience and effort in dealing with all the hangry players.

Edited by LillyRaccune
  • Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Krankbert a dit :

This game has had a consistent issue with really obvious bugs on clients for all the years I've been playing it, probably since the beginning. Once or twice is a hickup, the same type of issue cropping up again and again in every single major patch is a systemic problem with the way they do QA.

That's because players are the QA for warframe or we wouldn't have bugs like loot tables not being correct or rewards being different for hosts and clients (this bug was there at practically every update btw).
Still, I hope the support can actually do something about the lost items, there's going to be so many requests.

10 hours ago, Krankbert said:

I don't recall this exact type of issue happening with endless game modes more than maybe once every 3 or more years, which says to me that it's getting properly fixed each time, and the cause is different each time. QA is a weird field because you can often get the same results with different reproduction steps, and fixing one doesn't mean the other will get fixed or even caught properly. Obviously we can speculate all we want on the foundational code of the game, or QA practices in-studio, but as far as I know we don't actually have concrete information on either.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or gaslight anyone, this is just literally how this stuff is sometimes, especially with anything that involves server communication, which is the majority, if not all, of Warframe's rewards and progression. I'm not even taking issue with people being annoyed, I'm annoyed too, I'm just saying it's really easy to say, "oh, all they had to do was use debug tools" when there's actually dozens of ways this issue could be occurring. I find it highly, highly unlikely that they shipped the mode without testing it at all, or we'd be seeing far worse issues than screwy reward drops. That says to me that something slipped through that looks simple to us, the end users, but is probably a lot more complicated if you can actually see where the point of failure is.

Think of a video game as a sculpture made out of matchsticks. Think about how many different matchsticks are touching each other in the sculpture that is Warframe. There's a lot going on with this title, and a lot of it relies on a lot of other matchsticks. The more you have in the structure of something like this, the more ways there are for something to get nudged out of alignment and cause a huge problem.

We've had at least two hotfixes in two days; something as huge as rewards being nonexistent for clients in a co-op loot-incentive game still being a problem means the solution probably isn't something you can regress by just popping open a debug menu. If DE was actually as "incompetent" as some people like to claim when they're mad, this gigantic spaghetti mess of intertwined systems would not be anywhere near as functional as it is. Not defending, it absolutely sucks that this shipped with such a big issue, just trying to give some perspective.

That, or, it IS a small thing and one guy messed up somewhere, which, you know, it happens. But I do think if this was such an easy fix it wouldn't be something we had to wait a whole weekend for, it's not like DE is adverse to overtime.

EDIT: tl;dr, I think another way to put it is, I'm not really defending this major problem or DE's handling of it per se, just the comment about it being an "easy fix with debug" made me feel like I needed to put my 2c in. QA is, in part, a really fun field to work in sometimes because of how even the smallest problem can sometimes have a ridiculously complex cause, and I think that's something that people forget when all they're seeing is the end result. Also, like I said before, sometimes trying to use debug is what causes the problem to not be seen in the first place.

Edited by Tavanaka
  • Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Tavanaka:

I don't recall this exact type of issue happening with endless game modes more than maybe once every 3 or more years, 

I had said what the type of issue was that I was referring to. I feel your ignoring that is counterargument enough.

I would only add that same issues happens on VOID CASCADE and extraction script doesn't work. Basically, all endless modes should be considered to bug fixing. I add my ticked about issues to support. Please, test all modes around connectivity with servers and scripts.

I just ran into this as the host of a bounty. Aeolok Stock BP vanished from the rewards during the extract loading elevator. It's not in my inventory afterwards either.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WanderingAgileJayTheTarFu-xcN1TZZFrwna7QZY

Not sure if running solo is safe. Probably best to just chill for a few days until this is confirmed fixed.

e: or better, wait until it is "confirmed" fixed twice. You know how warframe struggles with basic math sometimes.

Edited by RoadCrewWorker
  • Like 1