Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aeolak Terminal Velocity?

Xinoz

Even if you filter to Exilus mods and search, it won't even show up as an applicable mod.

Here is what the Mod page looks like on my Tenet Tetra:

4IMiPrd.png

Here's what it looks like with my Aeolak:
flmL2XZ.png

It's a little frustrating because the Aeolak has pretty slow projectile speed and could benefit from Terminal Velocity, and I don't really see a reason why it wouldn't be usable on the weapon so I'm assuming it's just a bug.

1 hour ago, [DE]Marcus said:

Thank you all for the reports and bringing this to our attention! 

We've fixed the Aeolak being unable to use Terminal Velocity, fix will be going live with the upcoming 1.1 update on all platforms. 

Thank you.  There are a few other Aeolak bugs...

- Stats for the altfire are not showing in the Arsenal.

- The Arsenal shows a 1 pip dispo as expected for a new weapon.  However rivens stats are calculated off of a much higher dispo.

- Galvanized Aptitude is giving too large a bonus.

- (bug?)) Altfire explosion visual is muted and much smaller than its actual radius:

If you need any other information on these, just ask.

On 2022-05-24 at 12:03 PM, Tiltskillet said:

Not sure where this is coming from, just tested in the Simulacrum and Galvanized Aptitude is working fine.

Against level 50 Chargers (no armor, weak against slash, resistant to Radiation)

60 base damage

Impact - 15 (no weakness or strength) - 15 Damage

Puncture - 23 (no weakness or strength) - 23 Damage

Slash - 17 (25% weak Vs slash) - 21.25 Damage

Radiation - 5 (50% Strong vs Rad) - 2.5 Damage

Unmodded Aeolak with the exception of Galvanized Aptitude - After getting 2 kills to fully stack Galv. Apt.

Primary Fire:

61.75 Damage at base. With 2 Procs (Imp/punct) 61.75 + (61.75 X 1.6) = 160.55. With 3 procs (Imp/punc/slash) - 61.75 + (61.75 X 2.4) = 209.95 (210) damage; With all 4 procs (Imp/punct/slash/rad) 61.75 + (61.75 X 3.2) = 259.35 Damage. All of which are exactly the numbers I'm coming up with in the Simulacrum. None of the enemies survive to try I/P/S/R and blast, but since all 4 other procs line up i'm pretty confident this is fine.

Secondary fire

As per description - Galvanized Aptitude doesn't affect the radial attack, only the projectile impact. Firing grenade right at the feet of the Charger still only does 789 (or slightly less if you're a bit further off) even with 2 stacks of Galvanized Aptitude and status procs on the enemy. I can prime them with a secondary weapon and it's still the same.

2 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

Not sure where this is coming from, just tested in the Simulacrum and Galvanized Aptitude is working fine.

Against level 50 Chargers (no armor, weak against slash, resistant to Radiation)

60 base damage

Impact - 15 (no weakness or strength) - 15 Damage

Puncture - 23 (no weakness or strength) - 23 Damage

Slash - 17 (25% weak Vs slash) - 21.25 Damage

Radiation - 5 (50% Strong vs Rad) - 2.5 Damage

Unmodded Aeolak with the exception of Galvanized Aptitude - After getting 2 kills to fully stack Galv. Apt.

Primary Fire:

61.75 Damage at base. With 2 Procs (Imp/punct) 61.75 + (61.75 X 1.6) = 160.55. With 3 procs (Imp/punc/slash) - 61.75 + (61.75 X 2.4) = 209.95 (210) damage; With all 4 procs (Imp/punct/slash/rad) 61.75 + (61.75 X 3.2) = 259.35 Damage. All of which are exactly the numbers I'm coming up with in the Simulacrum. None of the enemies survive to try I/P/S/R and blast, but since all 4 other procs line up i'm pretty confident this is fine.

Secondary fire

As per description - Galvanized Aptitude doesn't affect the radial attack, only the projectile impact. Firing grenade right at the feet of the Charger still only does 789 (or slightly less if you're a bit further off) even with 2 stacks of Galvanized Aptitude and status procs on the enemy. I can prime them with a secondary weapon and it's still the same.

I should have been more clear and saved you some time.   I think the specific issue is it's multiplicative with base damage mods, so you wouldn't be seeing the discrepancy with that test.  This has been an ongoing issue with some other weapons, which I think  @[DE]Marcuswas already aware of.  For more info, see:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ryemX4Y2vWy9LjuJ355bWVNuBhzLaHTTFqPeTNto9RA/edit#gid=0  and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KRUQMOOAFesMPfbjEs3DbCZoqfvFOUrvvoszWa6vyIE/edit#gid=1339687679

To be clear, I was only told it was multiplicative and hadn't confirmed that mathematically, math not being a strong suit.  I did however confirm that I was getting way more damage from a Amalgam Serration + 2 stack/2 status GAptitude build than I was from a AmSerration + Heavy Cal build...when it should be a bit less than the latter.  (315% base damage vs 320%.) 

It's also possible it's been fixed since the Aeolak came out, so I'll test it again later if you haven't already.  If the discrepancy is still there, I'll see if I can stumble my way through the math and confirm that it's multiplicative. 

By the way, if you do test again, eximus overguard bars are extremely convenient for this as they're  neutral to everything but void damage.

4 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I should have been more clear and saved you some time.   I think the specific issue is it's multiplicative with base damage mods, so you wouldn't be seeing the discrepancy with that test.  This has been an ongoing issue with some other weapons, which I think  @[DE]Marcuswas already aware of.  For more info, see:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ryemX4Y2vWy9LjuJ355bWVNuBhzLaHTTFqPeTNto9RA/edit#gid=0  and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KRUQMOOAFesMPfbjEs3DbCZoqfvFOUrvvoszWa6vyIE/edit#gid=1339687679

To be clear, I was only told it was multiplicative and hadn't confirmed that mathematically, math not being a strong suit.  I did however confirm that I was getting way more damage from a Amalgam Serration + 2 stack/2 status GAptitude build than I was from a AmSerration + Heavy Cal build...when it should be a bit less than the latter.  (315% base damage vs 320%.) 

It's also possible it's been fixed since the Aeolak came out, so I'll test it again later if you haven't already.  If the discrepancy is still there, I'll see if I can stumble my way through the math and confirm that it's multiplicative. 

By the way, if you do test again, eximus overguard bars are extremely convenient for this as they're  neutral to everything but void damage.

Ahh, I'll have to see. I don't use the base damage mods for almost anything so I didn't check for that. I'll be curious to see if this is getting a different result when adding a serration mod, or primary merciless/deadhead etc...

Good note on the Eximus shields, I haven't tried that yet.

ETA

Well it looks like the serration mods and even primary deadhead is providing more damage than it should (by my calculations it should be getting just under 500 damage with primary Deadhead at 3 stacks plus 2 stacks of Aptitude) and it was doing about 720ish. that's too bad. this'll have to go right into the trash... It barely performed in steel path and this hit will make it useless.

Oh well, at least i'll be able to make plat off the riven...

15 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

Well it looks like the serration mods and even primary deadhead is providing more damage than it should (by my calculations it should be getting just under 500 damage with primary Deadhead at 3 stacks plus 2 stacks of Aptitude) and it was doing about 720ish.

As far as I can tell, it's specifically GAptitude that is the problem.  All tested against eximus overguard.

Unmodified: 60

AmSerration: 153 checks out (60 * (1 + 1.55))

AmSerration + Heavy Cal: 252  checks out (60 * (1 + 1.55 +1.65))

The above plus Deadhead...

1 stack: 324

2 stacks 396

3 stacks: 468

All good within rounding.

Gaptitude + AmSerration...

no stacks: 153 as expected

2 stacks, unprimed target: 153 as expected

1 stack, 2 status: 276, should be 201

2 stack, 2 status: 398, should be 249

So the latter, for example, is calculating as...

60 * (1 + 1.55) * (1 + 1.6) = ~398 instead of 60 * (1 +1.55 + 1.6) = ~249

Conclusion: GunCO stacks are multiplicative with base damage bonuses on Aeolak.

15 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

this'll have to go right into the trash... It barely performed in steel path and this hit will make it useless.

When it gets fixed, yeah, it'll hurt a lot.  Which is sad, because it is so far from OP.  I'm using a decent riven too, so when that dispo gets fixed that's another twist of the knife.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

As far as I can tell, it's specifically GAptitude that is the problem.  All tested against eximus overguard.

Unmodified: 60

AmSerration: 153 checks out (60 * (1 + 1.55))

AmSerration + Heavy Cal: 252  checks out (60 * (1 + 1.55 +1.65))

The above plus Deadhead...

1 stack: 324

2 stacks 396

3 stacks: 468

All good within rounding.

Gaptitude + AmSerration...

no stacks: 153 as expected

2 stacks, unprimed target: 153 as expected

1 stack, 2 status: 276, should be 201

2 stack, 2 status: 398, should be 249

So the latter, for example, is calculating as...

60 * (1 + 1.55) * (1 + 1.6) = ~398 instead of 60 * (1 +1.55 + 1.6) = ~249

Conclusion: GunCO stacks are multiplicative with base damage bonuses on Aeolak.

When it gets fixed, yeah, it'll hurt a lot.  Which is sad, because it is so far from OP.  I'm using a decent riven too, so when that dispo gets fixed that's another twist of the knife.

With Galvanized Aptitude, 100% I should have put that I was using that with the damage mods. Only damage mods it seems to stack correctly.

But I'm not entirely convinced Primary deadhead is stacking correctly with Galvanized Aptitude either...

By my calculations 60 + (60 X 3.6) + (60X 2.4) (3 stacks of Galvanized Aptitude and 3 stacks of Deadhead) while NOT going for head shots should be doing 420 damage.

Nowwwww that's not what I'm getting damage wise...  Using your formula for multiplicative damage instead of additive:

60 X (1 + 3.6) X  (1 + 2.4) so 3 stacks of Galvanized Savvy and 3 stacks of deadhead is coming up at 938.4... The number I'm consistently getting at 3 stacks of Aptitude is 938 damage...

I just tested this today against some eximus enemies aftering getting some stacks up.

So it's not JUST stacking with the base damage mods, it's stacking with Primary Arcanes too, unless I'm missing something, here's a screen grab so you can take a look???

BrWmh3E.jpg

55 minutes ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

So it's not JUST stacking with the base damage mods, it's stacking with Primary Arcanes too,

Hah, again,  should have been more clear. I said mods out of habit, but it's modifiers.  Or, like I worded it in the conclusion, "base damage bonuses".  So base damage mods, most arcanes, Vex, etc.  The bonuses of which are -supposed- to be additive with each other.  So in your example above 938 checks out with GunCO being multiplicative instead of additive.

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Hah, again,  should have been more clear. I said mods out of habit, but it's modifiers.  Or, like I worded it in the conclusion, "base damage bonuses".  So base damage mods, most arcanes, Vex, etc.  The bonuses of which are -supposed- to be additive with each other.  So in your example above 938 checks out with GunCO being multiplicative instead of additive.

This thing is going to lose over half its damage when they "fix" it.... man it's brutal, for a rifle that can barely perform (stock) in steel path as it is, this is going to relegate it to MR fodder...

Well at least DE now has stats for what damage levels can make a rifle start to get close to the AOE Meta... hey DE Marcus, just flat out DOUBLE every single rifle's damage output at base and that's your fix for Single target Vs. AOE.

• 2 weeks later...

Terminal Velocity was fixed.  However Tactical Reload was removed from mine, and is no longer eligible.  I suppose this could be intended, but it was not in the patch notes, even though the Terminal Velocity fix was.  If it is intentional, I don't think it should be.  The magazine is too small for Tactical Reload to be really powerful on it, rather than merely a useful option.    Same with Stahlta, by the way.

Out of the other bugs or potential bugs I mentioned, all are fixed except for the last two:

- Stats for the altfire are not showing in the Arsenal.

- The Arsenal shows a 1 pip dispo as expected for a new weapon.  However rivens stats are calculated off of a much higher dispo.

- (bug?)) Altfire explosion visual is muted and much smaller than its actual radius:

Not that I'm eager for the huge nerf a GAptitude fix would cause.

Archived