Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free chat (say what you want)

Hellverses

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-05-05 at 6:39 PM, (NSW)6and5 said:

The Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (abbreviated to the CCW OR CCWC) states in Protocol IV, Article 1 that laser weapons designed (even in part) to cause permanent blindness to the eyes are prohibited, and shall not be transferred by the High Contracting Parties to any State or non-state entity.

https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/applic/ihl/ihl.nsf/Article.xsp?action=openDocument&documentId=C8B2ACDE08DAF5B1C12563FB0061A5D5

Article 2 states that such blinding must be avoided by the Parties at all costs.

However, Article 3 states that it's OK if you didn't mean it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_on_Blinding_Laser_Weapons

Because of this, it can be concluded that a Warframe's fashion sense, despite being atrocious enough to cause permanent and severe blindness, only takes legal action against them if they know that their fashion sense is lethally abhorrent.

You are in violation of the Convention for knowingly entering battle with an outfit that you have, with your own words, deemed a violation of the Convention itself. (Which I will take as truth)

The Lotus is also guilty of violating the Convention for neglecting to prevent the creation of these visual abominations in an innumerable amount of occasions. This was likely something that she knew of, since Tenno often consider fashion frame to be the "true endgame" (the integrity of this statement notwithstanding) and the Lotus has constantly given the Tenno purely cosmetic accessories herself.

These facts can be used to form the aggresive, horrifying, and nihilistic hypothesis that the Lotus not only knew of these visual malfeasances, but also encouraged them so as to permanently blind her enemies and the advantages associated with them.

It is true that fashion frame does not always involve lasers. However, the mere idea of fashion frame is such an outrage that the creators of these Conventions likely never considered (in the desperate need to believe in an innate purity of the soul) that anyone would have even remotely enough cruelty or horribly nonexistent fashion sense to ever do such a thing. Because of this, previously established Conventions must be used to determine the callous legality of these new horrors of war, until the Origin System creates need Conventions to end these crimes once and for all.

Tbh any Garuda main has fashion that violates the convention. Tenno carry incredibly dangerous weapons even in civilian dwellings like Cetus or Fortuna. Not only this, but several warframes are equipped with powers easily able to commit various warcrimes the most obvious being Lavos who manufactures incredibly dangerous viruses, creates lethal doses of poison regularly, and commonly gasses enemies. He also can start fires and mixes several highly dangerous and combustible chemicals together in order to increase his own potency. Tenno also are responsible for the assassination of monarchs and the downfall of an entire civilization/nation in which they killed  almost all civilians indiscriminately.

4 minutes ago, Hellverses said:

Me neither but I saw with my own eyes an operator using a sword. He then said he is OP with that focus school.

YOu may be confusing it with another ability, but as someone who have all the schools unlocked I can assure you there is no sword or any melee for operators.

58 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

YOu may be confusing it with another ability, but as someone who have all the schools unlocked I can assure you there is no sword or any melee for operators.

Maybe a similar thing ... what you think it was?

9 minutes ago, Hellverses said:

Maybe a similar thing ... what you think it was?

IDK really, vazarin has the shield* thing and the vortex, maybe some amp? If you use the blackest black you can make your amp energy transparent and amps have 2 energy colors, so you may indeed create weird visuals that may look like a sword, that's my best guess. 

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Tbh any Garuda main has fashion that violates the convention. Tenno carry incredibly dangerous weapons even in civilian dwellings like Cetus or Fortuna. Not only this, but several warframes are equipped with powers easily able to commit various warcrimes the most obvious being Lavos who manufactures incredibly dangerous viruses, creates lethal doses of poison regularly, and commonly gasses enemies. He also can start fires and mixes several highly dangerous and combustible chemicals together in order to increase his own potency. Tenno also are responsible for the assassination of monarchs and the downfall of an entire civilization/nation in which they killed  almost all civilians indiscriminately.

I'm not condoning that either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived