Accessibility: Trigger Mod/Toggle Please (aka, stop making me click like crazy)

Salenstormwing

It's a band-aid approach obviously, but even as a bandaid it didn't go far enough.   Even by DE's own parameters of "sustainably high fire rate".  No, it's not sustainable or wise for humans to click 5 times per second.  Let alone 8 times per second with something like Lethal Torrent.

• Like 1

On 2022-11-30 at 1:12 PM, Tiltskillet said:

It's a band-aid approach obviously, but even as a bandaid it didn't go far enough.   Even by DE's own parameters of "sustainably high fire rate".  No, it's not sustainable or wise for humans to click 5 times per second.  Let alone 8 times per second with something like Lethal Torrent.

Back when akbolto was hot S#&$, I'd regularly run up against the hard fire rate limit of 10/s.

I think there should be an exilus mod that makes semiauto weapons into fullauto weapons, and everything else should have just been left alone. Exilus mods on non progenitor weapons are sufficiently capacity starving to make it a worthwhile investment for people that like a gun, to make it feel like semiauto/clickspam is a relevant direction for those that enjoy it, while still allowing strong enough pistol builds with an exilus dedicated to that function for those that don't.

This is just typical DE taking the worst possible solution just to increase ""engagement"". Best thing to do is to ignore the change, or outright ignore the entire game. They don't care if you don't like it because you still spend money on plat, still log in every day to farm, etc.

4 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I think there should be an exilus mod that makes semiauto weapons into fullauto weapons

Better than what we've got by a long shot, and I'd be happy to see it... but still a problematic solution.    There should not be a cost or  opportunity cost to player health.  It's not just the loss of another exilus mod, but acquiring the mod itself and the exilus adapter.   There's no good reason to make this a QoL to grind for.  It should be available the first time a player boots up the game on their first MK1 Kunai or whatever and every semi auto weapon thereafter.

13 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Back when akbolto was hot S#&$, I'd regularly run up against the hard fire rate limit of 10/s.

I wasn't saying it's impossible.  I've looked up  average and record clicks per second.    A lot of people can't, and a lot more people can't or shouldn't do even 5 cps for any significant duration.  The fact is, even people who can do it probably shouldn't be incentivized to do so by an lol spacewzzzrd game.

Some people who don't care now may feel a lot differently about it in 10 years.

• Like 2

You can't, and shouldn't, protect players from themselves to that extent. People need an environment they can learn from in order to learn how to be responsible adults. Taking that away from them just makes them increasingly reliant on everyone else to protect them from themselves, and fails to disincentivize self destructive tendencies.

47 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

You can't, and shouldn't, protect players from themselves to that extent. People need an environment they can learn from in order to learn how to be responsible adults. Taking that away from them just makes them increasingly reliant on everyone else to protect them from themselves, and fails to disincentivize self destructive tendencies.

Sorry, that's ungulate poo afaic.  Maybe if we were talking about a game that didn't allow people under 25 to play, or if the damage of repetitive stress injuries was obvious and didn't often take years to accumulate.  "Hey mom, remember those games I played too much when I was a teenager?  I think they might have done permanent damage to my wrist.  Haha, lesson learned though!  I'll definitely be more careful after I get an arm transplant."

You yourself proposed a solution to this.  Why is a solution that that leaves it  100% up to players whether they toggle a box going to damage society, while actually incentivizing people to make bad decisions about long term health is totally fine?  Doesn't solution #2 sound a little, uh, diabolical to you?

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 4

On 2022-12-01 at 5:54 PM, NezuHimeSama said:

People need an environment they can learn from in order to learn how to be responsible adults. Taking that away from them just makes them increasingly reliant on everyone else to protect them from themselves, and fails to disincentivize self destructive tendencies.

What's the difference in "responsible adulthood" between an in-game option and a macro? From what I can figure, the latter's already shaped the environment however the former might. So what harm is left to be done by that in-game option?

• 1 month later...
On 2022-12-01 at 8:54 PM, NezuHimeSama said:

"Learn to be a responsible adult" and "a F2P game about Space Ninja War Crime Cyborgs". YEAH... This is just a really bad take.

Asking for accessibility functions (which are already part of the specifications of most competent video game design) is right up there with asking that WASD be an option for movement on K&M. This isn't asking for something new. This is asking for the game's design to not to actively punish its playerbase with unfriendly controls. NO ONE should be forced to have to click a pistol 10 times in 1 second just so they can feel like they're getting their DPS they deserve and spec for.

If you think THIS is the line where "self destructive tendencies" is crossed... by the Lotus have I got a bridge to sell you. Or at least 10,000 dollars worth of FIFA packs.

• Like 2

On 2022-05-03 at 6:14 PM, Salenstormwing said:

(11-30-22) EDIT: There was a minor change to (SOME) Semi-Auto weapons, in today's patch, 33.2.0. Some Semi-Auto Weapons had their RoF to bring them down to "human" levels of usable and that allowed the devs to tweak them to hit harder and be MORE usable. This does NOT solve issues like my own where I suffer from repetitive motions, as the weapons DO require a lot of button presses, they'll just require LESS clicks now. Better, but not Best.

UGH

I hated this change

totally ruins the feel of these weapons

I really liked the 'fan the hammer' feel on my Vasto Prime

and yeah, a trigger mode to help with this would have been -nice-

but instead, they just killed the fire rate and now its just not fun to use it

its just a slow pistol like the magnus now, no more cowboy trick shooting

would have been better off doing no change at all, at least then I'd still be using the gun...