Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.7

[DE]Megan

hace 6 minutos, Grommile dijo:

I have no opinion on it, but I have seen people on this forum (and elsewhere) say they like it, even preferring it over Void Dash.

So unless you're going to launch into conspiratorial accusations that all such persons are DE plants, you have to admit that the statement "no one likes it" is false.

Launching those accousations would be pretty stupid tbh... there are plenty enough yessires, white knights and trolls in general xD

Anyway, i just wanted to know about a different opinion and maybe see it from another perspective, but it seems like i will have to wait (btw, we werent talking about the Void Dash, but about the delay into the transference).

On 2022-05-06 at 9:04 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No. The new sling already feels way to snappy compared to the smooth movement pre hotfix. 

How about yes, as a big chunk of the community is not satisfied with the inferior mechanics of this entire slinging mess? :)

Void Sling is not as fast, nor as snappy, neither in any way as agile as Void Dash.

Seems like DE forum mods loves to silence people who are expressing critique about a mechanic which is NOT accepted by most of the community. Void Sling is inferior in any regard, deal with it DE. We don't like it, we want the old one back.

dDvHibt.png

Eximus Overguard is still a problem for operators to blast through. It is far faster to remove them with conventional weapons as opposed to the operator at higher levels. This is because operators don't have any form of scaling damage while the Overguard continues to increase in strength. (With the exception of Maduri, which then becomes the only option for focus schools)

This means that operators are only good to bring out to pop an ability or two and then dissapear. Which isn't too different from before. This is ok if you didn't want operators to become more relevant to normal gameplay, but I think you do. We need to be able to scale operator damage to match enemy tankiness, or at least Overguard. Mods on amps would be a good way to do this. Alternatively making Overguard get increasingly weaker to operator damage as it scales higher. 

still no fix for the overlay map all the time resetting to normal minimap in spite of having the option set to always use overlay map. each time going from hub to mission/open world or vice versa, when touching the exit volume in missions, etc... this is really jarring and come on guys, this is broken since about cetus release -.-

The transference cooldown is still there for literally no reason, and Void Sling is still nowhere near as good as Void Dash.
All the other stuff in the Focus rework was great, but anything that touched movement made things worse.

I'd rather we got some actual changes, not these half-fixes.

4 minutes ago, Arcsyrine said:

Alternatively making Overguard get increasingly weaker to operator damage as it scales higher. 

Or just make the Operator bonus against Overguard larger in the first place, since it only matters at all in high-level content :)

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Cascadia Overcharge Rank 4 & 5 bonus being identical. Rank 5 is now +350%.

•  

Holy. . .  That is a massive buff going from 300% to 350%. I was expecting the values to be put in a more linear scale so that rank 5 was 300%. 

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the wrong sound FX playing on Nova’s Antimatter when Inner Might’s charge is ready. 

•  

Another FX fix and it isn't the akarius explosion FX as clients. Mind fixing that please? 

24 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Possible fix for objective UI trackers sometimes being out of order in Void Flood Bounty missions. 

•  

Ummm, objective UI trackers are broken everywhere. Not just in Void Flood Bounty missions. One such example is that in a sabotage mission it is possible to create a lingering red exterminate beacon appear if you hit the object fast enough as soon as it spawns when it shouldn't be there and only the green extraction icon appears. Other times the green extraction icon can be completely missing. 

People generally don't bother reporting these cause they are all too common along with very easy to ignore but it can get a bit annoying having to ask others to waypoint extraction if a rare circumstance of it occurs. 

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
    • For most Warframe abilities this was a UI only bug, gameplay values were unaffected. But some really did end up with very wrong energy costs.

•  

Noticed this, glad it got fixed. Was driving me nuts trying to figure out energy level thresholds and how much spare mod capacity I had left to be able to cast an ability on mission load.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

So is this related to be able to chunk away the angel beyond its first health bar value to half of its health? Or just the inability to enter the arena?

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Another round of Community feedback has brought a handful of changes to Operators and the Focus School System. This time the focus (ar ar ar) is on the casting animation speed of certain Focus abilities and some minor changes to Void Sling. We are working on optimizing the base speed, duration, and animation in these Hotfixes. We are also doing code reviews for our next Update to review further tweaks (with an emphasis on Void Sling) - more on that very soon!

•  

What about the awful transference delay that exists. Any comment on it. Such as: Why it is in the game? Any plans on reviewing community feedback about it? Any plans on adding visual feedback for it? Any plans on reducing the delay down from being nearly a full second long? Any reason why it wasn't included in the initial dev workshop post? Is it a bug?

1 minute ago, XHADgaming said:

Holy. . .  That is a massive buff going from 300% to 350%. I was expecting the values to be put in a more linear scale so that rank 5 was 300%. 

it isnt.. they dropped it by 50% #nerf
Warframe.x64_mgzKkQu61j.png

Void sling is just a mistake, majority of people I speak with loathe it and myself as an inaros only player, I still move around in my warframe more since sling is such a crippling change to my movement/playstyle. This change is so unwanted. Though thank you DE for finally fixing voidflood rewards after 9 days. Also thank you DE support for merging my tickets for the lost rewards and only giving me one reward even though all my concerns got slapped into one ticket. This whole update has been just annoying and off-putting. 

22 minutes ago, Grommile said:

This statement is false.

Do you know someone who likes transference cooldown that Magnus made the statement about?

17 minutes ago, Grommile said:

I have no opinion on it, but I have seen people on this forum (and elsewhere) say they like it, even preferring it over Void Dash.

So unless you're going to launch into conspiratorial accusations that all such persons are DE plants, you have to admit that the statement "no one likes it" is false.

I definitely don't know anyone preferring transference cooldown over void dash.

30 minutes ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Plz change so that we can leave the endless zariman misssions (void flood, cascade, armagedon) INDIVIDUALLY!!!

I think people should read this from the previous hotfix patch notes, sounds like they are working on another way of doing it 

On 2022-05-03 at 1:43 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed being unable to individually extract from endless missions (excluding the new Zariman mission types, stay tuned for possible add!).

When will you fix the "highlighted ability" mechanic completely ? Still cannot select transference in necramech or in operator after picking another ability. Still unable to use it to transference out when downed.

I don't get how the sprinting bug that was fixed in 31.5.5 was considered more important, as everybody needs to transference back in after an angel, and a lot of ppl are using void storm for angels, preventing to revert back to transference through "previous/next ability".

I'm not even asking for this mechanic to be implemented for fishing spear and tranq rifle anymore. Just fix it for regular gameplay, so we can play without having flow breaks during most of the missions.

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

[...]

The increased speed on Void Sling is good, however, you seem to have monkeypawed us once again - now Void Sling appears to have a very short maximum range. Also, while it does feel rather snappy right now, why exactly was the function of moving sideways or backwards removed? This remains a sore point, and for no reason at all, best I can tell. You are slowly getting where we want you to be, but it would seem we have to drag you kicking and screaming...

The increased ability speed on the Operator also feels very nice - but a lot of abilities were not included, in particular the slower ones people were complaining about in the first place.

Operator Arcanes are still bugged to trigger half a second after returning to the Warframe, some Abilities are still bugged to not count Eximus units with Overguard as valid targets (Dread Mirror), and the short cooldown on Transference still feels unnecessary and slightly bothersome.

Thank you for the Void Sling change! I think Void Sling is absolutely great now! Another change I would like to see on the Energy Leech and Leech Eximus though is if you could please add a sound effect to the cast of their leech zones, many times when aiming down the sights I have found myself hit by their leech zone and had no recourse for re-actively moving out of the way before hand due to being unable to see the zone cast. Also please look into the Thrax Legatus magnetic procs ignoring Arcane Nullifier.

Thank you for your hard work!

Change the Void Sling so that you are transported to the point where you aim.

Right now you keep hitting walls, ceilings, and random objects which is frustrating.

Also, if you don't want to bring Void Dash back because of the forward momentum then keep Void Sling as is but add the old side dash and back dash to it.

40 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Ah, here it is. The "they listened" moment.

We're never gonna get the thing we want back no matter how much we try, it's only gonna be some half baked compromise, this is just another blink, it's just dead now, again

One major problem with Void Sling I haven't seen mentioned is that Void Dash always took you as far in a particular direction as it could. For hard obstacles (walls, floors, etc.) you'd stop if you hit them, but for example, you could Void Dash through an Eidolon's head and come out the other side.

Void Sling doesn't do that. Void Sling at an Eidolon, you bonk into it. Point Void Sling directly at a Void Flood globule? You won't catch the globule, because the indicator thinks the globule is solid and sets "right before where the globule is, right now" as your final destination, instead of "the direction you were pointing + X meters" like it should.

More generally, making the Void Sling charge-up time to hit max up distance shorter is pointless. There shouldn't be a charge up time for max distance. Either make it reel in instead of charge up, make it a toggle, make it an alternate input, just please realize there is no happy medium for charge up.

Not sure if this should go here:

The Laetum pistol gets stuck in the transform animation instead of just not activating because it is not ready yet. This happens a lot and sometimes the animation will play 2 or 3 times before you can get access back to the pistol portion again. Very time consuming and leaves one quite vulnerable. 

Archived