Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave standing "reward pool"

Tyreaus

The core idea is that we take current standing gains in Conclave, double their amounts, and take half to put in a "bonus" pool. During a match, players get the exact same amounts of standing they do now, all the same ways they do now. Nothing there changes. At the end of a match, the pool of bonus standing gains - not counting toward the daily amount - is distributed based on placement (both teams and within teams where applicable). First place would get the most amount, second the second most, and so on.

(I'm too tired to be a math whiz right now so I won't pretend how to distribute that. I would think ideals would be first place getting double second place, second place getting double third place, etc.; and for tied players to gain the average of their two standing bonuses.)

The major benefit to this I see is dissuading cowardice. If you're running around and nobody is getting kills, the bonus standing gain pool would be empty. Nobody wins on that. Go out on your sword and, even if you don't get the kill, you get something for being more active. This also helps standing gain problems that can occur if a player, well, sucks at PvP. As it stands now, your standing gain is contingent on you getting kills. If you can't get kills, there's not a lot to be gained - around 200 standing per Annihilation match, give or take - no matter how active you are. With this, even if you're getting killed instead of killing, your activity contributes to the reward pool and gets everyone somewhere standing-wise.

That, plus:

1. It makes placements matter beyond "first place" and "not first place". Even if you won't win, there's a bigger incentive to strive for the next spot up on the totem pole.

2. Because it wouldn't be capped by the daily amount, there's still some reason to play matches after you've done challenges. Given Conclave needs other players to function (while all other syndicates can be done in solo mode), keeping players around on a more consistent basis is pretty important. And they should get something for sticking around.

That the rewards structure and standing gain is stuck in 2016 has been brought up here in this subforum enough times and I don't remember there being much of opposition to improving that, either.

So this sounds like another good idea that will promptly be ignored.

Archived