The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gyre need more armor or damage reduction when some abilities are active

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Gyre needs more survivability, maybe add damage reduction or more armor when one of her abilities are active like the 3 or 4. so as long as they are being used you could have a electric damage dampener active so when active Gyre takes a lot less damage say like 70%-80% Damage Reduction. that would make it far better and nobody would really complain then.

or maybe high damage reduction should be a tankframe-specific trait, and an offensive caster frame like gyre should gain its survivability through frequent use of strong crowd-control abilities and damage buffs. 

not every frame needs damage reduction.

26 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

or maybe high damage reduction should be a tankframe-specific trait, and an offensive caster frame like gyre should gain its survivability through frequent use of strong crowd-control abilities and damage buffs. 

Agreed

Gyre has the damage output to be something of a glass cannon. Prior to the "fix" on her 4th ability i think her squish was totally justified. Now that the 1s timer has been added between shocks i am not so sure.

8 hours ago, SDGDen said:

Completely agreed. Not every frame needs to be a Mesa clone. But... Gyre really does need help. Prior to the fix, Gyre was great and had that crowd control through pure killing potential. Shock procs really aren't that great for crowd controlling, and even if they were, Exilus units completely ignore crowd controlling effects. She might get a few stray shots put into her, but at least she could survive in that mid range. If her 4 had triple, or at least double the base damage, she might have enough killing power with the fix that she could at least survive longer without the need to use niche items like Hunter Recovery or Hirudo.

As it stands right now, I'm just using her as yet another Gunframe. I rarely use her 2 and 4, and completely removed her 1 in favor of a buffing ability like Shooting Gallery.

I'm gonna play with some helminth ideas later to see if something helps

i think molt could be useful or pillage.

funny thing is the first week i had a helminth on gyre that gave her an extra 200% ability str from override and that means my gyre had 300-377% str and any ability was damn near clearing the field lol.

Hello ! I think we will see some tweaks on GYRE in the next weeks as usual . She indeed lacks some tanking with her initial kit . Too bad we need to look to helminth to compensate that GLOOM makes wonders in her kit ( replace 1 or 2 keep 3 and 4 )  its pure CC / HEALING / DPS madness this way 

14 hours ago, SDGDen said:

Cc is kind useless a survivability tool in a word with units with hitscan weapons and overboard.

Il y a 22 heures, SDGDen a dit :

Except, every frame has a way to mitigate damage, whether it's aug or passive or in supplement from a power (Like Mag's 4 giving overshield), aside from Excal.
Gyre could use some Overshields with one of her abilities, there's no "Trinity" (sup, heal, tank) in warframe, giving a way to tank don't make the frame a tank automatically.
Every ""offensive caster"" have a mitigation capacity in the kit.
Ember has DR and she's not a tank.
Damage wise she's perfectly fine.
You just have to stay for more than 50~ fractures in void flood to notice that she could need a bit of Overshields or DR from her kit and Helminth shouldn't be the way to go to fix that ourselves.

22 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

Gyre needs more survivability, maybe add damage reduction or more armor when one of her abilities are active like the 3 or 4. so as long as they are being used you could have a electric damage dampener active so when active Gyre takes a lot less damage say like 70%-80% Damage Reduction. that would make it far better and nobody would really complain then.

as much as id hate to say it, one can just replace her 2 with pillage. i prefer overshield for casters rather than damage reduction. look at how they butchered ember to give it to her.

On 2022-05-09 at 2:29 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

as much as id hate to say it, one can just replace her 2 with pillage. i prefer overshield for casters rather than damage reduction. look at how they butchered ember to give it to her.

this is true i have my config B with pillage and works out fine but i still think a temp DR while an ability is active is still a good idea.

Archived