Jump to content

Personal Rant to Digital Extremes out of Frustration.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Warframe needs more proper endgame, and remaking old systems more than anything else. Even Mastery Rank 10 ish players get to Steel Path nowadays, yes Digital Extremes for some reason refuses to give players anything that can be a proper endless endgame for anyone who's like over mr10+ and have done all stories.. They could for example expand on Steel Path, or make us able to do fissures, and other content in SP side.. There would NOT have to be any extra rewards. Just give us SOMETHING to do for players who play this game everyday, and have played for long time. The exact reason why people keep quitting the game so easily is that they simply get bored of all the bugs, poorly done buggy content.. And that there just isnt much to do outside sitting in arsenal making builds. 

 

PLEASE DIGITAL EXTREMES!! Have you ever thought what happens when this game starts to die? What happens to your company? This game currently is missing SO MUCH for players.. I personally think it is VERY justified for so many of the community complaining how digital Extremes don't seem to care about their players at all. Absolutely justified. This game is a decade old, yet it STILL does have any kind of endgame. EXPAND on what players can do, after they have played the game more than 3 months PLEASE! I have personally even I started to think about going to look for other games until this game gets again something to do for me..

I am sad that this is the case, but what can a single person like me do... nothing... It would not even be a big thing to tweak things here, and there. PLEASE give us something that makes us want to stay doing "endgame" which actually even isn't an endgame. Warframe does not have an endgame. even Steel Path has nothing else than bigger enemy density and occasional acolyte.. Do you seriously think we want to keep grinding those 5 Zariman missions for years, until you give us another couple bug-filled repeating missions that arent anything that jsut a bandage to keep players just little bit more.. GIVE WARFRAME SOMETHING!! Remake old content is MUCH more important currently than coming up with new content all the time, which will jsut be another broken boring mess Zariman was.. People are already getting bored of Zariman, so I think that says enough already..

 

Sorry, I just wanted to come give my opinion about this frustration I'm sure many others have as well.

Edited by Turboameeba
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

What does that endgame mean? Everyone likes to keep bringing it up and just assume DE can read their mind.

My endgame on any game is getting board and playing something else :D

Dont know why people obsess over WF so much like this. Ive played it on and off for years, and if i ever start to get bored of it, i just stop playing until new stuff comes along.

I also think people forget sometimes that Warframe isnt particually a hard game. Its no soulslike. And just like how many soulslike dont cater to people who want an easier ride, Warframe doesnt need to cater to people who want more punishment. Maybe the reason the Devs 'refuse to give people chalanging content' is because thats not what they want their game to be.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Even Mastery Rank 10 ish players get to Steel Path nowadays

Mastery rank doesn't measure how good you are at the game.

It measures how much gear you've levelled to max rank and how many questionably relevant tests you've been willing to complete.

I'm MR16 (qualified for 17 but I'm bouncing off the test and I refuse to cheese it with Monkey).

There are MR 10 players who are better than me.

There's prrrrobably at least one MR 25 player who is worse.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 2022-05-10 at 5:42 AM, Turboameeba said:

I have personally even I started to think about going to look for other games until this game gets again something to do for me..

Absolutely nothing is stopping you and it's completely insane you think someone should be busting in screaming "PLEASE DON'T GO! KEEP PLAYING FOREVER!"

You know that even devs play other games too, right? If you're bored with the game then play something else. There's a pretty good chance this game will still be here when you want to play again.

Edited by TomCruisesSon
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Warframe needs more proper endgame

Define "proper endgame"

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Even Mastery Rank 10 ish players get to Steel Path nowadays

Because MR isn't an indicator of player's capability. You can have an MR 30 or Legendary 1 player having no idea how to do rescue from leeching EXP all the time and MR 10 able to solo steel path with meme equipment without problem

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

anything that can be a proper endless endgame

Such as? As far as I know the so-called "proper endless endgame" turn out to be the same RNG loot grind, but unlocked once you've done the first layer of tedious RNG grinding for power to fulfill the minimum requirement

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

They could for example expand on Steel Path, or make us able to do fissures, and other content in SP side.. There would NOT have to be any extra rewards.

Yeah sure, I'm sure no one will start demanding for more rewards because it needs extra effort. I'm sure you will never start demanding it

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Just give us SOMETHING to do for players who play this game everyday, and have played for long time.

And what is that "something to do"?

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

The exact reason why people keep quitting the game so easily is that they simply get bored of all the bugs, poorly done buggy content..

From "proper endgame" now you jump into bugs?

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

And that there just isnt much to do outside sitting in arsenal making builds. 

And what is that "to do outside sitting in arsenal making builds"?

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Steel Path has nothing else than bigger enemy density and occasional acolyte..

So what is endgame then? Because endgame is technically the same thing you do but with this, bigger enemy density and occasional mini boss

And keep in mind "endgame" is almost always the place where you power is stuck until you beat this enemies beyond your stats as "endgame" to get even better gear to make them easier and eventually it's no more an "endgame" with demand for new "endgame" because the old endgame is no longer a struggle for you

2 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

GIVE WARFRAME SOMETHING!!

WHAT IS SOMETHING!?

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol good luck with a 'proper endgame' when you have parties that can amp your damage up like over 60x easy.

Warframe is a dynasty warriors mobile game where number go up. The only way you're going to get a challenging/non-gimmicky raid encounter is if DE gets to decide what you go into the mission with (ie. like The New War).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

go outside, this is a game not a relationship or anything like it, you clearly are not well by the way you´re expressing yourself over a videogame, talking to DE as if they were your friends or something

Unless you make actuall suggestions for "endgame" content this post is nothing more than ranting/whinging over nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Warframe needs more proper endgame, and remaking old systems more than anything else. Even Mastery Rank 10 ish players get to Steel Path nowadays, yes Digital Extremes for some reason refuses to give players anything that can be a proper endless endgame for anyone who's like over mr10+ and have done all stories.. They could for example expand on Steel Path, or make us able to do fissures, and other content in SP side.. There would NOT have to be any extra rewards. Just give us SOMETHING to do for players who play this game everyday, and have played for long time. The exact reason why people keep quitting the game so easily is that they simply get bored of all the bugs, poorly done buggy content.. And that there just isnt much to do outside sitting in arsenal making builds. 

 

PLEASE DIGITAL EXTREMES!! Have you ever thought what happens when this game starts to die? What happens to your company? This game currently is missing SO MUCH for players.. I personally think it is VERY justified for so many of the community complaining how digital Extremes don't seem to care about their players at all. Absolutely justified. This game is a decade old, yet it STILL does have any kind of endgame. EXPAND on what players can do, after they have played the game more than 3 months PLEASE! I have personally even I started to think about going to look for other games until this game gets again something to do for me..

I am sad that this is the case, but what can a single person like me do... nothing... It would not even be a big thing to tweak things here, and there. PLEASE give us something that makes us want to stay doing "endgame" which actually even isn't an endgame. Warframe does not have an endgame. even Steel Path has nothing else than bigger enemy density and occasional acolyte.. Do you seriously think we want to keep grinding those 5 Zariman missions for years, until you give us another couple bug-filled repeating missions that arent anything that jsut a bandage to keep players just little bit more.. GIVE WARFRAME SOMETHING!! Remake old content is MUCH more important currently than coming up with new content all the time, which will jsut be another broken boring mess Zariman was.. People are already getting bored of Zariman, so I think that says enough already..

 

Sorry, I just wanted to come give my opinion about this frustration I'm sure many others have as well.

It pains me to say this, but Warframe has an endgame. The balance is just incredibly poor. The endgame many people, myself included, are looking for, the point at which the all the grinding and increases in power gets met with a balanced, worthy challenge, doesn't exist. At a stage it seemed as though DE was looking to rebalance so that endgame would represent a state of the game in which various mechanics and systems build upon one another, so that endgame doesn't become less tactically- and strategically shallow than early-to-midgame, but looking at the latest update and the ridiculous numbers and powers given, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. They don't care for lategame balance. It sucks, but that's the way it is from my vantage point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

What does that endgame mean? Everyone likes to keep bringing it up and just assume DE can read their mind.

It kind of reminds me of the reason why some super old MMO online games don’t make their version of a “classic” server. No one knows what they want in it but everyone agrees it would be a great idea.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Warframe has always had somewhat flat progression. MR, for example, is not an indication of game ability or power but it is the game's primary progress metric.

Most of the time, when people talk about "Endgame" they are referring to the standard MMO pivot of "New content with a hard gear and progress check, rewards are visually distinct but power remains mostly static, game activities now require grouping so most of your time will be spent managing and filtering social relationships to keep the low reward game activities at a max chance of success"

Which has always sucked because it inherently increases and concentrates toxic behaviours, attracting people who perpetuate those behaviours. I personally play (and became a founder of) Warframe because it lacks that pivot

Warframe is just more honest about "Endgame" which should just be "Run the content you enjoy" because you've run out of new content.

 

 

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

for me end game is a mode that gear checks players, challenges them and rewards them for it with better gear or something worthwhile. right now im playing steel path void cascade for dem new arcanes and currently enjoy it. i feel like the problem with warframe right now is the story is still on going so we really dont know what end game mode would look like or where this end game mode could be. back then endgame used to be in the void  but that was when warframe's story was barely hashed out, there was barely any lore and it all ended in the void.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

В 10.05.2022 в 13:42, Turboameeba сказал:

This game is a decade old, yet it STILL does have any kind of endgame. EXPAND on what players can do, after they have played the game more than 3 months PLEASE!

If you haven't noticed, DE has long shifted the focus of the endgame in the direction of a sims simulator. and recently they gave you a new dormizone. enjoy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'know, I keep seeing posts like this and people saying "well, define what endgame actually is", I feel like we can at least come up with some tangible ideas of what a Warframe endgame could actually look like.

Raids could come back, for a start? A game mode that actually encourages players to truly think about their team composition to encounter situations not normally seen in game. Perhaps it could be a more difficult extension of Sorties for advanced players while Sorties becomes more of a "daily" game mode for all players?

PVP could be revamped in some fashion? I don't believe 90% of the player base has even touched Teshin's Syndicate, so even just making it better than what it is would be nice, end game player expression. Yeah, controversial, but it's at least an idea.

More Operations, even if they're just reruns of some of the past content? Truth be told, these are some of my favorite things to do in Warframe, and some people didn't get the opportunity to playthrough some of these. Scarlet Spear coming back is a splendid idea, Plague Star returning will always be an incentive for endgame players, maybe do the same for something like the Gradivus Dilemma and Specters of Liberty, or something new as part of a big story event (Parvos Granum/Vala Glarios operation anyone?).

Now, do I think Warframe needs a focus on end game content? Ehh, no, probably not. I think we'll be okay for a little while if Duviri Paradox 2: Electric Bugaloo is to be expected this upcoming TennoCon. But do I think it's something to be considered? Absolutely! This game needs more for players beyond just constantly getting Ayatan Anasa Sculptures from Sorties and being met with a "major update" that's just another Syndicate and a decorative area that no one will ever use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised that every now and then a Tenno asks for end-game content, but I'm very surprised to see it being requested right after a new content release that both progresses the story and raises the minimum level of difficulty for the latest star chart content.  There have been very few times in Warframe's development that more clearly showcase that Warframe's development is continuously progressing and that the end has not yet been reached.

If you're bored of playing Warframe, the answer is to stop playing Warframe.  Odds are you're burned out and need to take a break.  Go play other games, take some time to recover; when you feel the itch again, Warframe will be here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Though asking for end game well get lots of community backlash I don’t think it’s that crazy.
 

Every update aims at the mid level player. Problem is at some point this is going to be the death of the game. You can only get new players to fill in that space so long then at some point lack of player retention catches up with you.

I’m hopping again tennocon addresses this, but let’s be real if a player who’s been playing less that 6 months can’t do it I don’t think we’ll see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2022-05-15 at 1:41 AM, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

Raids could come back, for a start? A game mode that actually encourages players to truly think about their team composition to encounter situations not normally seen in game. Perhaps it could be a more difficult extension of Sorties for advanced players while Sorties becomes more of a "daily" game mode for all players?

With CC completely stopping enemies that eximus rework is made with that in mind and end up "killing CC frames"? Just spam CC and nothing can harm you unless you want to see CC being different flavors or negligible slow, stun, pushback and such (gloom with only 10% slow and 1% health restore on kill instead of per hit for example)

On 2022-05-15 at 1:41 AM, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

More Operations, even if they're just reruns of some of the past content? Truth be told, these are some of my favorite things to do in Warframe, and some people didn't get the opportunity to playthrough some of these. Scarlet Spear coming back is a splendid idea, Plague Star returning will always be an incentive for endgame players, maybe do the same for something like the Gradivus Dilemma and Specters of Liberty, or something new as part of a big story event (Parvos Granum/Vala Glarios operation anyone?).

I doubt it's "incentive for endgame players" when plague star is repeated only for built forma. Remove it from nakak and I'm sure no one will see it as worth doing without arcanes and infested zaw parts

On 2022-05-15 at 1:41 AM, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

PVP could be revamped in some fashion? I don't believe 90% of the player base has even touched Teshin's Syndicate, so even just making it better than what it is would be nice, end game player expression. Yeah, controversial, but it's at least an idea.

Let's lock Teshin's twin nikana behind rank 5 conclave then, for that "endgame player expression"

On 2022-05-15 at 1:41 AM, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

This game needs more for players beyond just constantly getting Ayatan Anasa Sculptures from Sorties and being met with a "major update" that's just another Syndicate and a decorative area that no one will ever use.

Define "more for players"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...