Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MonkeyPilot

Energy Regeneration

18 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

first off, this is my first forum post ever, and i am not a native speaker, so please be gentle with me :)

I know there are similar posts already, but they don't reflect my opinion fully, and also they already are old an dusty i think (or i couldn't find them via search).

In my opinion, energy should slowly regenerate over time on every warframe by default. There is a reason why this is the case in most, if not all, RPG games. It would allow you to use your warframe's abilitys more freely and don't rely on the RNG so much. There are times when you struggle or fail in a mission, just because the last 5 crates didn't drop a single blue orb.

Also, i often hesitate to use my abilitys if i don't see any blue orbs around, because i fear wasting energy i might need later, even if it's a situation where an ability would make al lot of sense to use.

This wouldn't make Energy Siphon obsolete, as it could be used to speed up energy regeneration. Also adding this mechanic would open ways for other, more differentiated mod builds, because everyone i know prefers using energy siphon (if they have it), sometimes even on frames with different aura polaritys.

Overall, i think it would raise the game's fun in general, and make warframes stand out more from each other, because you would be able to use the abilitys that make them unique more often.

Thanks for reading, feel free to post you opinion.

If this were to be implemented i think it would only make sense to cap the regen after the first skill. This gives you 1 ability you can use in tight situations but prevents people idling around until they have enough to smash the ultimate.

If not then i would prefer not to have it.

Yah, it sort of bothers me how "required" energy siphon is... before I had it, I used the enemy sense one and had a lot of great fun with it. It's like, you'd *like* to try out different auras, but you can't since energy siphon is so much better.

Maybe natural regen of energy is too much, but there should be some sort of alternative to energy siphon I think, even if it's just a personal mod that does the same thing.

Simply put, remove Energy Siphon, give warframes default energy regen, done~

Yah, it sort of bothers me how "required" energy siphon is... before I had it, I used the enemy sense one and had a lot of great fun with it. It's like, you'd *like* to try out different auras, but you can't since energy siphon is so much better.

Maybe natural regen of energy is too much, but there should be some sort of alternative to energy siphon I think, even if it's just a personal mod that does the same thing.

It isn't "required" and like you said a lot of the others are fun. I tend to use regeneration on infested survival missions to top off player health between toxic clouds/between swarms of enemies. I use the various amp/steel charge when leveling weapons to make me more effective with them. There are uses to the other ones although i admit on the face of things energy siphon often seems the obvious choice.

I like your idea of the personal mod though, if you want the regen you must sacrifice something else, brings a nice balance and allows you to explore other builds (although if there was a vigor like aura that did health and energy, i would probably neever use anything else :p

Let's just get rid of energy and skills entirely.

This is a joke, not an actual suggestion.

I'm not so sure of this, having an energy pool that regenerates by default would lead to even more power spam than we are already seeing.

What about adding a cooldown for the abilitys, which is reduced by the "blue energyballs".

An other idea is to collect energy from different sources. Which source you need depends on the frame you play.

For example Volt would collects energy from the terminals by "eating" the electricity inside the terminals. Or Nekros gains energy from the soul of fallen enemies usw. This would add a lot of tactic to the game.

I'm not so sure of this, having an energy pool that regenerates by default would lead to even more power spam than we are already seeing.

maybe an overall smaller energy-pool, but one that regenerates would help... i don't like the idea of cooldowns though :/

I think it is a great idea to add limited energy regen by default + introduce a personal energy regeneration mod, this could give other auras at least a chance to be useful.

The default regen should not provide full bar of energy over time, just about 25 energy at rate of 0.5-1.0 energy per second.

This topic has been brought up constantly without any changes to the energy system, so it's unlikely that DE will make any alterations at this point (although they really should).  Having the most unique feature of Warframe be tied to either a single mod or RNG isn't a particularly wise decision. 

My choice would be that energy does regen over time, but only when stamina is full. It may lead to people slowing down more in missions but hey, there's a hundred arguments about rushers already :P

All it would mean was you could only regen energy while running, not sprinting, and not while meleeing or wallrunning. If you want to rush you still can but you won't get the benefit of the regen.

By this I mean innate energy regen. Energy Siphon or a mod, if they ever do one, would increase the rate but with the same limits.

i think a simple mod that regenerates your personal energy would be sufficient. it would probably be good if it DIDN'T stack with your own energy siphon though, to avoid "abuse".

Um... no.

You see, we already have a big load of orbs and up to 75% cost decrease for the abilities.

I think that blue orbs should disappear. Energy should be given for actions, not lack of it.

Melee kill? Here is some. Headshot/Weak spot shot? Here is some. Reaching secret spot? Short power efficiency bonus.

Same thing for health orbs. Either get geared up or pick right frames/get in the decent team. To prevent ruining newcomers experience, health orbs should appear exclusively for them (Let's say, till they hit rank 3).