Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Update Post-Angels of the Zariman

[DE]Megan

On 2022-05-11 at 10:07 AM, Wiz3rd said:

Just please do not leave Void Sling the way it is.
It's miles behind any iteration of Void Dash, and I absolutely hate having to use the Operator now.
Also, the transference cooldown has to go, I have no clue how that's not been removed yet.

The cooldown is bogus, feels more like they were nerfing the arcanes more than anything when they didn't need it at all. 

elevate and lockdown are a lot of people's go to and the main reason we use our operators. They replaced an essential function in favor of a diverse niche uses that overall make me use my operator less. 

Going into my operator by mistake for various gameplay reasons from the eidolons to the zariman is extremely important punishing at that. Especially when you at higher levels. 

All in all operators got a rework and while some things good, very unforgiving and awkward gameplay. 

18 hours ago, android3162 said:

How is it an outstanding issue?

If people want operators to be extremely effective against Overguard, they should have to at least begin to invest some time into it.

I'm looking at your comment and I simply can't believe it. The operator takes a HUGE amount of time investment to get to maxed out - in fact most players hardly have a whole school unlocked. If you think they don't, the easiest solution there is simple: add it to the focus waybounds. It incentivizes unlocking the focus schools while also respecting the time some players have already put in.

Adding another arcane or mod to grind for in order to fix an issue they themselves introduced is scummy in the extreme, that's a fact.

On 2022-05-11 at 6:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

We also plan to release the remaining 2 Incarnon weapons that were shown on Devstream #160, as well as some other goodies!

Some voidshell zaw blades/kitgun barrels would be some awesome rewards. Especially if we could use them to make whip, gunblade and two handed nikana zaws. That would be awesome. 😄

Tbh I just came back this update from a little leave and am kinda surprised by some things, but the one thing that bugs the hell outta me is my sentinel being a pointless 3d model that doesn't move now. I know this has to b one of the fixes but it literally is bugging me. Also the eximus enemies getting a unique change was interesting and whatching a new eximus unit walk up was cool, but it still died in one hit with my mag prime. I don't claim to understand the whole argument over the overguard thing but I do know that if anything making the game more fun to play should b numbs 1 priority. So for the sake of the new pple please don't just put a bandaid on it. I have enjoyed Warframe since it's beta days and would love to see it continue to grow

On 2022-05-17 at 7:09 AM, Maryph said:

"I can assure you that there was more than 2 (I counted 2 blaze 1 blitz and 2 leech) eximuses at a time" "While preventing them from spawning on lower lvl missions so that new players can discover the game without being murdered by a blitz."

I am not calling you a liar, I just personally have not seen it. I have killed them fast to were is can seem like there is more than the cap present at one time. They have the same spwan chance as any other enemy. I have heard of others having the same experience as you but I've heard more of the opposite honestly. This tells me that it simply isn't working all the time. However it is better than it was as a whole. 

I couldn't agree more with the second quote. I honestly think they should not spwan until you unlock your amp. I also feel that the amp should be the only way to effectively deal with Overguard. As DE orginally stated. This of course means they need to boost up the damage the amp does to Overguard.  Their CC immunity should be kept. Without it what's the point? Then they just become more beefy targets, that occasionally do an ability, which is easily avoidable. Wheres the challenge? 

Can you make the holo pictures and sounds in the Vista suite avaliable in hombasks shop for standing instead of making the grind for several days not worth it because you half to pay platinum after you get the suite to get everything no free ones or anything 

750 for everything 75 for holo pictures and 50 for sounds thats 50 dollars after days of grinding to get 240000 standing just to half to get 100000 more just for the key to be disappointed when the holo pictures and sounds cost real money to get 

Il y a 12 heures, (XBOX)Archangel461 a dit :

I am not calling you a liar, I just personally have not seen it. I have killed them fast to were is can seem like there is more than the cap present at one time. They have the same spwan chance as any other enemy. I have heard of others having the same experience as you but I've heard more of the opposite honestly. This tells me that it simply isn't working all the time. However it is better than it was as a whole. 

I couldn't agree more with the second quote. I honestly think they should not spwan until you unlock your amp. I also feel that the amp should be the only way to effectively deal with Overguard. As DE orginally stated. This of course means they need to boost up the damage the amp does to Overguard.  Their CC immunity should be kept. Without it what's the point? Then they just become more beefy targets, that occasionally do an ability, which is easily avoidable. Wheres the challenge? 

Well, CC immunity is bad and you can easily experience it in the Zariman, past a certain point having CC is completely useless because everything is immune to it (and some also immune to status). Just bring a tank frame with an AoE weapon to keep up the pace at higher lvl, that's all the meta is currently asking form the players if they want to stay in the Zariman missions.
That's not healthy, preventing a whole gameplay from being able to effectively play the game is just bad. CC immunity at lower levels and everywhere else in the game isn't that problematic (sometimes it can still be when the eximus spawn is bugged or if you're new), it's just really bad in the Zariman.
I also stand by my point: Adding immunities in any game to counter a player is just admitting that you don't know what to do to stop them anymore, players are snowballing the game to much with the tools you (devs) created and pushed. Just bad game design. A lot of games are doing that, I'm not pointing my finger at DE specifically, just saying that immunities without a mechanic to remove it is just bad, really bad. It just encourage players to brute-force it.

Like, Corpus Nullies are cool because they prevent you from using abilities from the inside of their bubbles and they're immune to damage as long as the bubble is active. you chave multiple ways to destroy those bubbles: Fast firing weapons, Shooting the drone, or that gun I don't remember the name with the aug to OS bubbles. You don't need one way and only one way to deal with those guys, this is nice game design.

New Grineer nullies are: Immune to CC and Status, spawn 10 by 10 at higher levels, have hitscan weapons and can kick you out of you warframe while also disabling all of you powers. Adding a Nullifier to Grineer is cool, but also allowing them to have that much immunities is just killing the game when practically only those guys are spawning (+ eximus).
To deal with them you have to brute force, just by doing a lot of damage in one shot, since there's multiple of those high threat targets, AoE is way better at dealing with those. Also, since they can apply a lot of status to you, a tank frame is a must if you don't want to play a supp frame. Using CC frames against them is just wanting to be killed.

On 2022-05-17 at 1:47 PM, TsunamiSamurai said:

Damage cap per bullet on overguard, like the ones on lich, would favour the use of high fire rate weapons instead. 

Eh, I hate that idea. That'll mean there is even less reason to use semi-auto weapons than their already is. You'd end up making rapid fire AoE weapons the meta, like the Astilla or the Trumna. Might also end up bring back the Kuva Nukor meta.

31 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

Eh, I hate that idea. That'll mean there is even less reason to use semi-auto weapons than their already is. You'd end up making rapid fire AoE weapons the meta, like the Astilla or the Trumna. Might also end up bring back the Kuva Nukor meta.

Glad to see someone else had a similar reaction to that idea. It kinda further limits the usefulness of high damage single-target weapons like Snipers or non-AoE Bows. Simply lowering the damage they take from AoE would be a better approach imo.

How about in stead of makeing eximus ignore all cc, make them vulnerable while under it....or if your going to have overguard ignore cc, allow the other effects to occur...such as healing from gloom, or gaining shields from harrows 1. I just want cc frames to be relevant, fun,  and survivable, not a nuke button.

Also agree to keep the challenge, but amps base should do alot more to overguard and in general use as well...I know the schools help to add damage, but you made a game with one button win mechanics, and multi step processes are not very popular (look at initial lavos reception). So unless your wanting to nerf every one-button win mechanic to make multi step process more powerful, which make missions more lengthy and meaningful (which would require raising drop rates significantly per mission to alleviate grind) operators are going to be just another side content that can be replaced by a saryn, kuva bramma, or any other nuke.

I'm excited to see what you do because I feel like the concept of Eximus being more interesting is great although it needs revision. I hope that you can round out the design and provide an interesting enemy!

You are constantly struggling to evolve the game's mechanics because of band aids however. Each one may seem to address the problem you're trying to fix but they so so often introduce new problems of their own. Not only will a second arcane slot and an overguard arcane provide a solution to a problem that is solvable by just adjusting the base damage vulnerability or giving amps a % based strip inherently, it will be inaccessible to new players who will still have to deal with Overguard without this mechanic for a long time before unlocking it, frustrate the playerbase that is constantly aware of the band aid methodology and may have effects throughout the rest of the game and not just the problem you are trying to resolve. It is in my opinion a vicious cycle that you need to end in order to actually progress development without continually wasting resources on cascading band aids.

Also please consider restoring all Void Dash functionality to Void Sling and then keeping it named Void Sling.

That is how I will come to love Void Sling.

Hey DE, what if the Void Sling Indicator Light actually indicates possible collision by stopping on geometry hitboxes that will stop the player? That will at least give people a chance to adjust the aim so they don't get stuck. As it is right now, that indicator is very misleading, making us believe we are going to slip past a crate since the light goes way past it, but actually no.

A Glaive-like charging indicator for the Sling would be very helpful too, since in between the soup of particles, trying to judge how charged the Sling is based on the glowing dot is very hard unless you use some bizarre colors for energy. Oh and please let us rebind the "Double Tap Space" to another key combination.

On 2022-05-11 at 6:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Additionally, we’re reviewing the possibility for new Operator Arcanes that have direct interactions with Overguard and are planning on adding an additional Arcane Slot for Amps.

Please don't bandaid overguard with an arcane for something it already feels like we don't have enough slots for.
I guarantee you n o o n e will sacrifice a valuable operator arcane slot for something that only interacts with a handfull of rare units. Not unless you at least double those slots.

no enemy radar when in Operator form, worst offender imo

lame movement abilities and no knockdown resistance whatsoever from AOE amps or enemies in general,

energy as sole resource, to follow up into damage, is precious as hell, but we cant use gimmicks and then transference static is still a thing - the voidmode in a nutshell

please repeat for me again why would we prefer to use such a punishing game mechanic ?

On 2022-05-18 at 6:48 AM, Dragoon said:

I'm looking at your comment and I simply can't believe it. The operator takes a HUGE amount of time investment to get to maxed out - in fact most players hardly have a whole school unlocked. If you think they don't, the easiest solution there is simple: add it to the focus waybounds. It incentivizes unlocking the focus schools while also respecting the time some players have already put in.

Adding another arcane or mod to grind for in order to fix an issue they themselves introduced is scummy in the extreme, that's a fact.

Yes, operator takes a while to fully max, but that just means that investment should not be reduced to nothing.

You don't even come close to needing whole schools unlocked. With Zenurik's second ability, virtuous shadow, and a 177, you can delete level 190 overguard in 5 seconds. Level 190. If you even have halfway finished virtuous shadow and the second ability, you can easily deal with pretty much any overguard you'll see except the tougher Zariman missions, since those barely reach level 70.

It's not an issue that they "introduced." It's not an operator issue at all, Operators never were and likely will not be the primary way to deal with Overguard. They just have a buff because without it they would be even less effective. The new arcanes will only be required if you want to take on the highest level overguard and take it down as fast as the best warframe weapons in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-05-11 at 3:20 PM, FSK41 said:

Another highly-discussed topic being reviewed is Overguard. We’re currently experimenting and reviewing different options to address varying islands of feedback.

Can we pls keep some goddamn challenge in the game? If we decrease the Overguard CC resistance increase something else to compensate, mainly HP and possibly speed or other threatening mechanics. It was such a good step to force the melee spammers to use more brain so dont go back to easymode please

I hate to dig up old crap, but I always found that Melee was a great way to drop Overguard. It forced me to get in close to these super dangerous enemies that, before, I'd fight at a distance. But now the process is flipped. I can't just blast an Eximus in the face now. Now, if I don't go in close, their effect will spread and impede my ability to fight other enemies. But, by getting in close and using Melee, I'm in danger of being dropped in the middle of the Eximus effect. So I always thought it was fine.

On 2022-05-11 at 3:07 PM, Wiz3rd said:

Just please do not leave Void Sling the way it is.
It's miles behind any iteration of Void Dash, and I absolutely hate having to use the Operator now.
Also, the transference cooldown has to go, I have no clue how that's not been removed yet.

I actually like Void Sling. I can now actually aim it, thus giving me more control over my movements.

And Unairu has a Transference Static clearing effect. From the sound of your post, I'm taking you for a Zenurik purist.

1 hour ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I actually like Void Sling. I can now actually aim it, thus giving me more control over my movements.

And Unairu has a Transference Static clearing effect. From the sound of your post, I'm taking you for a Zenurik purist.

There are absolutely upsides to Void Sling, the major thing I miss from Dash was the responsiveness of it, I'd take a single meter of actual Void Dash back just for the quickness of it, in an ideal world we'd get some beefed up version of Sling for the big aimed moves and some kind of quick Dash for the quick jumps or something. It just feels real dang bad having a quick thing slowed way down. The aiming bit is nice if it was a little more tuned so we don't get bounced off some random thing into the stratosphere lol

34 minutes ago, Zakimus said:

There are absolutely upsides to Void Sling, the major thing I miss from Dash was the responsiveness of it, I'd take a single meter of actual Void Dash back just for the quickness of it, in an ideal world we'd get some beefed up version of Sling for the big aimed moves and some kind of quick Dash for the quick jumps or something. It just feels real dang bad having a quick thing slowed way down. The aiming bit is nice if it was a little more tuned so we don't get bounced off some random thing into the stratosphere lol

Then maybe, instead of that stupid slide, make tap-shift the quick Void Dash.

6 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

Then maybe, instead of that stupid slide, make tap-shift the quick Void Dash.

I'd like the double tap jump thing to be into a sling and the bullet jump inputs be the quick dash, that at least makes some sense with the keybinds between operator and warframe to me. I don't mind the operator sliding and the drifter rolling, at least that's ANY kinda difference between the two lol

2 minutes ago, Zakimus said:

I'd like the double tap jump thing to be into a sling and the bullet jump inputs be the quick dash, that at least makes some sense with the keybinds between operator and warframe to me. I don't mind the operator sliding and the drifter rolling, at least that's ANY kinda difference between the two lol

I had to take a moment to actually recognize what you were talking about, but then I got it.

SPACE-SPACE for Sling (which is mostly what I use anyway), SPRINT + V-SPACE for Dash. Yeah, I think that works.

3 minutes ago, Gamer_Auto said:

I had to take a moment to actually recognize what you were talking about, but then I got it.

SPACE-SPACE for Sling (which is mostly what I use anyway), SPRINT + V-SPACE for Dash. Yeah, I think that works.

My keybinds aren't usually the same as others so I try to refer to what they actually do vs the keys I actually use lol. I don't care how they implement it, I just want the functionality back in, like I said, even if they nerf'd it to a single meter, the quickness and responsiveness of it is the thing that ever mattered, not distance.

Archived