Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lepus Headgear Hops Away

[DE]Dudley

Easter is over and while the warm weather looks like it is here to stay, the Lepus Headgear will be hopping away.

Later today at 4 p.m. ET we will be removing the Lepus Headgear from accounts, but have no fear it will spring back into action next year. We hope you enjoyed your egg hunts and spring fun! Until next year, Tenno!

Lame. Just as lame this year as it is every year.

Make ALL of these cosmetics permanent, not just some of them.

Add an option so players who don't want to see them can hide them.

You'd think with now 150 likes - the highest-liked thread that I know of in the entire Art and Animation Feedback subforum - this would have long passed the bar for being "a good idea people agree with". Implement it already. What more do I need to do for you to take action? Clearly there is already widespread support.

People been asking for them to be permanent for more than 6 years. And you're totally OK with making giant honkin' bird and bat wings and snow clouds and squirt guns permanent. And all you have to do is not run the lame little script that takes these items away from all of the people who love them.

I cannot begin to express how utterly disappointed I am once again.

Spoiler

And whatever mod edited my post, could you just not?

45 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Add an option so players who don't want to see them can hide them.

I'd get behind that if the option is deep enough. I dont want a single toggle box that either shows them or not, there should be one for each type of effect in order to make it work. If I really hate the wings or the ears and like the other I shouldnt be forced to shut them all off or keep them all on. Like for instance, I have no problem with the bats or the spinner net ephemera, I however wouldnt mind toggling off the wings or the bunny ears at all times.

I mean, DE could add different categories, so wings arent an ephemera, but there would still be issues if later down the line a specific wing or ephemera sneaks into a category that suddenly makes you wanna see it or hide it, locking or showing everything from the category at that point. We are kinda already at that point.

Maybe they can just make an individual toggle for each, much like they did with frames and their tap/hold interaction. Would it be more work? Sure, but it would be worth it for customization.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd get behind that if the option is deep enough. I dont want a single toggle box that either shows them or not, there should be one for each type of effect in order to make it work. If I really hate the wings or the ears and like the other I shouldnt be forced to shut them all off or keep them all on. Like for instance, I have no problem with the bats or the spinner net ephemera, I however wouldnt mind toggling off the wings or the bunny ears at all times.

I mean, DE could add different categories, so wings arent an ephemera, but there would still be issues if later down the line a specific wing or ephemera sneaks into a category that suddenly makes you wanna see it or hide it, locking or showing everything from the category at that point. We are kinda already at that point.

Maybe they can just make an individual toggle for each, much like they did with frames and their tap/hold interaction. Would it be more work? Sure, but it would be worth it for customization.

Such a system could be as deep or as shallow as DE decides to implement. The one in the linked thread should be a good middle-ground, allowing for players to fully opt in or fully opt out or - by default - experience things the same way they do now. Not that it matters since DE doesn't seem to want to implement anything at all.

2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Such a system could be as deep or as shallow as DE decides to implement. The one in the linked thread should be a good middle-ground, allowing for players to fully opt in or fully opt out or - by default - experience things the same way they do now. Not that it matters since DE doesn't seem to want to implement anything at all.

Their approach to it all is a bit odd. I can understand the wings staying since they are rather neutral, but running around with a candy cane or santa hat on your pet, but no bunny ears being allowed at the same time is very odd.

I guess they firmly believe in the age old philosphy of easter sucks, christmash rules.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Their approach to it all is a bit odd. I can understand the wings staying since they are rather neutral, but running around with a candy cane or santa hat on your pet, but no bunny ears being allowed at the same time is very odd.

I guess they firmly believe in the age old philosphy of easter sucks, christmash rules.

That's what bugs me the most, I think. If everything were temporary I'd still want them to be permanent, but I could at least accept that they're not and live with it. But at this point, most of this stuff isn't temporary. Every day of the year you can shoot heart arrows with bird and bat wings, a super-soaker, and a candycane with a cute little snow-cloud over your head and a little santa hat on your dog - but ears an an inner tube are too much? You can rep any of the cancer awareness ribbons year-round, but not the mustaches for men's health awareness? There are only five items left that aren't temporary. Five! The Lepus Headgear, the Spring Step Ephemera, the Dog Days Ephemera, the Dullahan Mask, and the Movember mustaches. There was also the Eros Arrow effects, but hey would you look at that?

On 2021-02-11 at 11:57 AM, [DE]Megan said:

*The Eros Arrow Skin available in Star Days has been modified to remove its one use Gear wheel functionality. It is now a permanent Arrow Skin attachment via the Arsenal by popular player request!

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.883429466.1108/flat,128x128,075,t.jpg

Gross. \o/

Pay attention to the players and be less picky and choosy with letting people keep stuff.

Remove the wings and other stuff too, then. Might as well!

Or - take my suggestion and let people keep everything, sell head slot items (huge and obvious plat or money sink in any game that exists with cosmetics), give us ears back, allow some cosmetics to be hidden for the super serial people and score top marks on literally all categories making everyone happy in one go of it.

People will buy "tech halos", "tech horns", all that stuff. If you don't think the orokin were elaborate and fancy and didn't decorate stuff to a level of hilarity... have you looked at any of their architecture lately?

I genuinely care less again about my warframes appearance - and my pockets will reflect my distaste. That can be remedied, however.

This just seems like common sense business wise. Open up new cosmetic category thus opening up more stuff you can make and sell to players, make the (majority) of players happy that wanted to keep the stuff, provide them alternative options. Make the super serial people happy by giving them a toggle that they wanted before all this (I don't blame them for having their immersion broken by the very feathery looking wings on warframes, frankly).

Archived