Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr & Chroma Prime Vault: Hotfix 31.5.8

[DE]Megan

28 minutes ago, JoeMama422 said:
  34 minutes ago, AJAL8000 said:

The Eximus being anti-cc is the worst mechanic they've ever come up with.

28 minutes ago, JoeMama422 said:

before the update the only eximus units i ever noticed were the frosts, and that was just because they could avoid a oneshot. Now theyre minibosses who require some effort to bonk, making your meatball more spicy. If you dont like enemies that resist your Map Nuke 9Billion just go to lower level worlds ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 2022-04-27 at 6:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

With the addition of Overguard, we’ve updated the scope of which abilities are considered to be crowd control. Note that these abilities will still do their intended damage -- it is only the crowd-control effect of the abilities that won’t apply while Overguard is present.

I don't think they were referring to the damage part here mate, they will still die just like before to most room clear weapons and abilities, in case you haven't tried playing the game yourself since the eximus update ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°). It's just the cc abilities/frames that get screwed in with this update (and in case you weren't aware of the issue, since you don't seem to be curently playing the game( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°), cc frames are a lot less popular than the general weapons platform/room nuke builds so only a small, dwindling, non-meta, fraction of the players gets affected by this change).

Also:

Spoiler

I does indeed exist.🤣 it-exists.jpg

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ConDucktorWhirl:
  1. I once again don't understand why angels of zariman was released in such a S#&$ty, unfinished state. 6 hotfixes in and you still haven't fixed everything. Like, with each new "update" I see a lack of fixes for bugs that have been the game for years now. It's depressing at this point. I might end up quitting before the next content update in all honesty because I'm sick of the half assery. Y'all aren't working on a deadline schedule. I don't see the point of rushing things through when you don't have to. Host migration is STILL one of the biggest problems in the game. You have been "testing" dedicated servers for years now and instead of giving us an update on how THAT is going you are now trying to push for Cross play/Cross save? Seriously? Peer to Peer is NOT going to work at all when we have to worry about mobile users being host. 

2. You know how, in the options menu, you can select your region? Why does that not apply to matchmaking for missions? I shouldn't be connecting to people with 300+ping because the host is in Asia or Australia. 

3. There's also a huge problem regarding new players and giving them no direction after a certain very early game point. You don't teach them about mods or how they work properly, you don't explain to them how void fissures work (Still don't get why MR1-4 should have access to fissure missions when they probably don't even know how they work). That should have been fixed well before the angels of zariman. 

4. For every update you release DE, More problems follow with it. Can you please just take the time you need and work on fixing the bugs before doing anything else that's "new"? If that means new content takes another year or 2 to come out that's fine. Been waiting on diruvi for 3 years now anyway. Fix the bugs. 

5. Apart from the disregard to bug addressment, my only other gripe is the constant addition and removal of holiday cosmetics. Can ya stop removing them if you're gonna add them? Limited time should be "limited time to acquire them from the market". Like, I still have my candy cane scythe and jingle bell fists. Why can't I keep everything else? Especially the moustaches. You already made the code for them. Let me keep them. It won't "Break immersion" or anything. This game already has cartoonish antics tied to it with the bow and arrow ragdoll physics so don't even try to say it doesn't. 

1. Crossplay will not work with PeerToPeer. There is a reason why games with that function use servers, even if they are simple ones.
Of course, you can make it work, the outcome wouldn't be pretty, tho. Mostly because consoles work differently to a actual PC, given that they are so inferior to the pc.

2. It does. If you select a region and set your desired ping, it won't put you into a lobby in australia. This is not how matchmaking works.
You should adjust your ping to a lower rate, sounds like it's set to 'unlimited'.

3. It's pretty clear on what to do and how to play. While i do agree that there is a LOT that they should change in early-game, nothing you've been talking about should be subject to change. I know what a lot of hipsters are about to say 'it 2022 bruh' .. Yeah - but this isn't an excuse for people not having an ounce of patience these days, not being able to read the smallest snippets of text. If you'd take your time and read what the game shows you, do what the game tells you - you won't encounter any problems at all. While i do think that DE is at fault for a lot, mainly because they don't listen to people that, take that how you want, just know it better - this isn't part of it.
If you can't bring yourself to dedicate a few minutes of time on reading - if you can't figure out how modding works (Given that is its easy enough that it woudln't even need the tutorial) and if you don't have the patience for just standing still for a hot second to use that grey matter of yours for something as simple as a videogame, well, bad news bud, you don't belong here. (Here, as in, wherever place needs braincells) I'm actually glad that a lot of those ADHS-Kids, that can't dedicate a single second on anything these days, because while playing Waframe they have to watch anime and use their phone all the while, while listenin' to music and talking to friends in voice, while eating and.. Whatnot... That said individuals just leave after a shot amount of time. This is for the best for everyone.

4. Yes and no. I believe that they should take their time and actually develop a working piece of content, instead of rushing it because they spent SO MUCH TIME on simply hyping their own game and getting closer to tencents deadline without having done much at this point. Good content needs one thing, and that's spirit. Something waframe kinda lacks. For a long, long time now. The excitement, developers pour into their games when they want to create, when they want to expand. Something DE, again, kinda lacks. Most content since 2017 feels like a chore. Feels like they were 'forced' to create this, without putting much love into it. This often happens when you don't follow a set course, when you drift around, aimless and without much ingenuity.

But it shouldn't take too long. If they were to create with more passion - it wouldn't take that long anyway. Because they would put more effort into working. This is how this works, even if it sounds as simple as that. And with more effort put into it, there will be less bugs. 2 Birds, one Stone.

5. No. It's a good thing we don't get to keep certain things. The cane, back then, was said to be something you could keep, as well as the fists. The rest was always said to be something only temporarily acquirable, for a reason. Imagine pumpkin-heads and bunny-ears would be a permanent thing.. Gods, no. Warframe is supposed to have some silly elements, sure, but this would take it way too far. Immersion or not, having everyone run around with staches or bunny-ears would make the game just embarrassing.

----------------------------------------

Now, for my actual post;

Overguard makes eximi completely CC-immune.
This should be subject to change!

We do have a lot of frames'n builds that favor casters and squishy glass-cannons. A lot of people like and want to play like that.
Taking CC away from said frames'n builds basically renders them unable to survive early- as well as lategame alike.
A huge design flaw, in my opinion, mostly because it seems, more and more, that you guys don't play your own game anymore. Otherwise you'd know.
Not to mention that this, yeah, it favors metabuilding and metaplaying. Y'know? Meta? The stuff you guys from DE constantly chastise us about for using? Yeah, that thing. Playing Zariman, just for example, you see less and less 'other' frames, 'other' builds.. Well other than metastuff, that is. Just try'n find a group where someone is using weapons other than Zarr or Bramma, for example. There are sum', sure, but less'n less.

Maybe make it so that defensive abilities still work, while offensive stuff doesn't instead the way we currently have it - that nothing works, at all.
Imagine being a fearsome, powerful operator, commanding one of the most terrifying and maybe even more powerful weapons, the warframe..
And some low-bum, no-name grineer kills you - because your skills don't work on him but his' work on you! 
Excuse me? Where did i take the wrong turn to end up in this alternative reality?

This, not only doesn't it make any sense, like, at all.. It's very boring, too!
Stop trying to artificially jack-up the difficulty by introducing bulletsponges, now with their respective 'god-mode'.
This ain't challenge, it's just bothersome.
Please, do not dictate us on how to play the game. Let us play the game in a way that's the most fun for us without having to abuse, meta-play or cheese basically most new content like that. We are Space-Ninjas, not Meta-Goblins.

And please, before you start fuming and put on your white cape, this is just my humble opinion.
Stuff that i deem worthy to speak about. Right? Nothing more to it, than this.

Cheers!

10 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

DE a long time ago said they dont want people spending hours in missions. you do so at your own risk. they cant account for people being ignorant.

While i can understand DE's concern around people reaping a ton of resources in one go, i have a few issues with this point:

1) Not every person that likes endurance style missions was around when DE said that, so the community has to warn players for them, which i find annoying.

2) What is the point of survival missions being able to go on for hours if there is an undetermined point where the risk of being banned increases? While going into endless missions with lootframes like Nekros, boosters and kavats is asking for trouble past i don't know... the 4 hour mark, i think having warnings in game would help cut down on the number of angry players in forums

Basically, they need to properly outline duration limits for endless missions, so people can know ahead of time what the safe limits are- before their stay enters bannable duration territory, rather than having to hope RNG took mercy on them after hours of farming, only to find out they got banned.

Il y a 10 heures, Horonelius a dit :

It could easily be fixed by calculating it on the client like it already does. The problem is it keeps checking with the host and the discrepancy is whats causing the problem.

Yes, but since we don't know how they made it in the first place, it can take ages to fix.

Can Hombask's goods have their prices fixed!? It costs way too much for a single decoration and the prices seem highly inconsistent! One lab deco costs 3,500 and the othe lab deco next to it costs 40,000 standing!? Please make the prices lower so that they are much more fair and actually something players would want to buy!

7 hours ago, xXVoyrenXx_TTV said:

5. No. It's a good thing we don't get to keep certain things. The cane, back then, was said to be something you could keep, as well as the fists. The rest was always said to be something only temporarily acquirable, for a reason. Imagine pumpkin-heads and bunny-ears would be a permanent thing.. Gods, no. Warframe is supposed to have some silly elements, sure, but this would take it way too far. Immersion or not, having everyone run around with staches or bunny-ears would make the game just embarrassing.

embarrassing for you, or everyone? i got a bit confused at that statement because as far as im aware, the ears only enhanced my preferred look. not once did i feel embarrassed. and i assume you dont also find the aforementioned candy cane as well as angel wings, fluorescent pink warframes with flamboyant animation sets and/or butterfly wings embarrassing? if not itd be interesting to know why you draw the line at bunny ears specifically, and/or then secondly why you have any right to decide for others what types of fashion they should be allow to have and enjoy

id be interested to know what the “reason” is you speak of too, because as far as im aware, the best ive seen is a de staff member say lazily “we just dont wanna”, which is instead an admission of having no reason

thanks 🙂

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Cascadia Empowered triggering Overwhelming Attrition. 

Oh yeah, sure, just kill off the only fun build on the Laetum, over a week after people started using it and ground out those arcanes just to make the Laetum fun. I'm sure that won't have an impact on the adoption rate of future mechanics and features.

12 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they probably should because people dont know how to exercise self control. 

When it's an active choice because they want to play that way and there's not even an implied or subtle in-game discouragement that doesn't just outright look like a bug or error, that's on DE, not a self control issue, lol.

It's a grindy looter shooter. People will like the thought of the innately infinitely grindable missions.

Imo DE needs to grow a backbone and either enable and support endless mission play, or put a soft or hard stopper or discouragement on it, rather than this halfway position where they just leave it "buggy" with arbitrary and unreasonable and unexplained consequences for playing the game in a way that they designed it as being capable of being played.

If they want their game a certain way, they need to actually design it that way instead of just dictating it. And if it results in streamers (free advertisement and marketing) no longer having a previously available option, they'll need to deal with the consequences of upset players.

It genuinely shouldn't be hard to make the "mission result's loot dependent temporary trade ban" less sensitive the longer a mission goes on.

And this is coming from a guy who hardly ever does longer than 40 minutes on survivals, and usually bails at 20.

36 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

When it's an active choice because they want to play that way and there's not even an implied or subtle in-game discouragement that doesn't just outright look like a bug or error, that's on DE, not a self control issue, lol.

It's a grindy looter shooter. People will like the thought of the innately infinitely grindable missions.

Imo DE needs to grow a backbone and either enable and support endless mission play, or put a soft or hard stopper or discouragement on it, rather than this halfway position where they just leave it "buggy" with arbitrary and unreasonable and unexplained consequences for playing the game in a way that they designed it as being capable of being played.

If they want their game a certain way, they need to actually design it that way instead of just dictating it. And if it results in streamers (free advertisement and marketing) no longer having a previously available option, they'll need to deal with the consequences of upset players.

It genuinely shouldn't be hard to make the "mission result's loot dependent temporary trade ban" less sensitive the longer a mission goes on.

And this is coming from a guy who hardly ever does longer than 40 minutes on survivals, and usually bails at 20.

this can be said about alot of systems in warframe yet here we are. im not against them putting caps or blockers or putting information in a more visible place. but they said they dont want people spending hours in missions in a dev stream which is still accessable but since it was some time ago dont remember which one since there are so many. it was directly in response to people getting trade bans. 

people should really look and listen to information though

1. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes.

they changed this nightwave challenge.

endurance is intended to be 30-40 minutes of higher level enemies. which is why they change anything that is 1hr down tp 30min.

again there are people who already know this that ignored the warning and ignored the changes and just keep doing. its good that developers sometimes have to protect gamers from themselves by imposing limits but, people need to learn self control as well. 

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this can be said about alot of systems in warframe yet here we are. im not against them putting caps or blockers or putting information in a more visible place. but they said they dont want people spending hours in missions in a dev stream which is still accessable but since it was some time ago dont remember which one since there are so many. it was directly in response to people getting trade bans. 

people should really look and listen to information though

1. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes.

they changed this nightwave challenge.

endurance is intended to be 30-40 minutes of higher level enemies. which is why they change anything that is 1hr down tp 30min.

again there are people who already know this that ignored the warning and ignored the changes and just keep doing. its good that developers sometimes have to protect gamers from themselves by imposing limits but, people need to learn self control as well. 

Lots of people just play the game without following any streams, and ignore patch notes if they're really casual players. It's poor game design to allow something to be done, and in some ways incentivizing it (see former Steel Path eximus farming for shards and stuff), and then to punish players for doing it. You can't change human nature on a whim, even if it *was* a "self control issue", that's something that should be designed around, not actively punished via a lack of proper in game designs and communications. The previous 1 hour challenges could literally have gotten someone into the hobby of long matches of survival, so it's doubly harsh to punish players for playing that way.

23 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Nice, but can we get some Yareli love already? Merulina dies way too quickly due to its lack of a damage absorption period. Both Iron Skin, Warding Halo, Snow Globe, and Molt has it - why not Merulina?

Yareli has some serious love she needs. Zariman doors opening instantly is extremely nice for Yareli & Gauss both, but there's still the issue that the camera freaks out when going through any doorway on Merulina and the fact that in all current Infested tilesets, you're basically expected to constantly hop on and off Merulina every few seconds.

Please refine the hitboxes of Yareli when riding Merulina so she isn't being punished so heavily for doing her literal frame mechanic!

Also PLEASE fix the issue where using Transference while riding Merulina in Arbitrations literally deletes Arbitration tokens from your inventory. The amount of times I've lost tokens because of forgetting about this issue or accidentally entering transference is extremely frustrating, especially when you're the last alive person in the party.

also if possible, let frames who use Yareli's Noble animations to recolor Merulina or have Merulina remember the last used colorset on Yareli if available

Phenmor Incarnon mode switch animation will not work. It takes solid 5 seconds to switch to the mode. How in this fast paced game such mode switches are still a thing? What thought process did you go through while designing the weapon? "Oh, yeah, give them new weapon, but make it too boring to use it".

By the time I switch to Incarnon mode, all enemies are dead already, killed by the squad

3 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

<...> but they said they dont want people spending hours in missions in a dev stream which is still accessable but since it was some time ago dont remember which one since there are so many. it was directly in response to people getting trade bans. <...>

Wait, DE does not want players spending an hour in a single mission, but it is OK for them to design the game where player is forced to play same mission for hours/days in order to be able to get a drop? :D

24 minutes ago, muziqaz said:

Wait, DE does not want players spending an hour in a single mission, but it is OK for them to design the game where player is forced to play same mission for hours/days in order to be able to get a drop? :D

are you new? remember when void was end game? bo prime handle? then they made drops easier by putting them in relics where you can increase odds. and yes they said it in a dev stream in response to people getting trade ban for staying longer than 2 hours. rotation C at most is 20min. nobody is forced to stay longer.

37 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

Yareli has some serious love she needs. Zariman doors opening instantly is extremely nice for Yareli & Gauss both, but there's still the issue that the camera freaks out when going through any doorway on Merulina and the fact that in all current Infested tilesets, you're basically expected to constantly hop on and off Merulina every few seconds.

Please refine the hitboxes of Yareli when riding Merulina so she isn't being punished so heavily for doing her literal frame mechanic!

Also PLEASE fix the issue where using Transference while riding Merulina in Arbitrations literally deletes Arbitration tokens from your inventory. The amount of times I've lost tokens because of forgetting about this issue or accidentally entering transference is extremely frustrating, especially when you're the last alive person in the party.

also if possible, let frames who use Yareli's Noble animations to recolor Merulina or have Merulina remember the last used colorset on Yareli if available

My favorite thing to do when talking about how Yareli's issues is going through the list and pointing out the huge number of abilities and mod stats that have no benefit to Yareli on Merulina:

• Everything Primary
  • Everything Melee
  • Everything Finishers
  • Helminth abilities can't be cast
  • Gloom lifesteal doesn't work
  • Rolling Guard does not trigger
  • In air effects will never proc
  • Sprint speed
  • Bullet jump and double jump effects
  • Aim glide and wall latch effects
  • Slide and friction effects
  • Parkour speed
  • Heavy Impact
  • Holster speed
  • Knockdown and stagger resistance, but at least this time it's because it's built in

And others that I didn't manage to think of while glancing over them again. This is all on top of her abilities all being underwhelming in terms of stats and effects. Target limit and bad tracking on 1, no scaling effectiveness on 2, damage that falls off hard on 3 unless you use the horrendous feeling spam augment, 4 is just a really garbage Zephyr tornado.

Yareli is my 3rd most used frame now, I've gone full investment with umbra forma and everything, going deep into solo steel path, and even in spite of this I will still tell you her kit is absolutely terrible. It's ridiculous how limited her kit and synergies are.

On 2022-05-12 at 2:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Operator/Focus Changes & Fixes: 

• Fixed switching to the last position you left Excalibur Umbra instead of your current position as Operator before Transferring back to Warframe. 

It is still somewhat, bugged. Transference out of Excalibur Umbra, performing quick multiple chained void slings then transferring back to warframe still transports you to Umbra's current location, I noticed it happen if you done the whole thing within 1-3 seconds, the only way to prevent the Operator on not being transported to where Umbra was, is to wait 3-5 seconds before transferring back. It still disrupts the fast mobility when you want to traverse the map quickly, as you need to wait a few seconds before transferring back to Umbra in order to avoid being transported to Umbra's current location. Needs a few more tweaks there :/ (It happens even when you're the current Host/Solo.)

23 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

DE a long time ago said they dont want people spending hours in missions. you do so at your own risk. they cant account for people being ignorant.

What kind of cringe excuse for abusive bans is this? There's no circumstance in which active, rule abiding players getting banned is acceptable.

1 minute ago, sapphicReprobate said:

What kind of cringe excuse for abusive bans is this? There's no circumstance in which active, rule abiding players getting banned is acceptable.

i havent had any kind of bans yet. i know how to listen and read information. everyone could see DE's intent with all the reductions in time they've been making to missions that were set at 1hr.

nothing else needs to be explained. as ive said, im not against them putting a limit/cap and making information visible because you cannot account for ignorance.

21 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if you do something after being warned you must accept the consequences when you dont listen and still do it. 

that is such backward logic... like, no. that's not how that works. are there RULES in the game that says : you can't do that? is it against TOS? anything? NO. so there shouldn't be a ban, period. or, the DEVS take responsibilities, and place a limiter. so no more dumb ban.

Archived