Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr & Chroma Prime Vault: Hotfix 31.5.8

[DE]Megan

On 2022-05-11 at 7:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Operator/Focus Changes & Fixes: 

• Fixed switching to the last position you left Excalibur Umbra instead of your current position as Operator before Transferring back to Warframe. 

This is still happening unfortunately.

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i havent had any kind of bans yet. i know how to listen and read information. everyone could see DE's intent with all the reductions in time they've been making to missions that were set at 1hr.

nothing else needs to be explained. as ive said, im not against them putting a limit/cap and making information visible because you cannot account for ignorance.

That is some serious battered wife logic, get out of here with that consumer abuse promoting nonsense.

14 hours ago, xXVoyrenXx_TTV said:

Mostly because consoles work differently to a actual PC, given that they are so inferior to the pc.

While the Switch is a jumped-up tablet, the PS5 and XBox Series are effectively fixed-spec PCs with no expansion slots, running a locked-down boutique operating system. (So are the PS4 and XB1, but the specs on those were more laptop than desktop.)

On 2022-05-11 at 10:11 PM, GhostFeng said:

(Hydroid)

Grab some popcorn kids, the fireworks about to start.

Puddleboi and wetrag girl need an island getaway together where they can share their tears Friends Tv Reaction GIF

And is it just me or has enemy alert status been borked since the update? Seems like the entire map (or multiple large rooms) will randomly become alerted if 1 enemy smells a fart. Also, arbitrations still locked behind Angels quest.

I know Hydroid is bad (and that there are others that need rework), the point is they make new characters that don't work properly, it's not about "crying" it's about DE hiring better people to develop the characters, they don't even need to invent a lot to create a character because the community already gives the character done, it's simple!

When you announce the relic additions, could you please announce which relics were added, so we don't have to wait 24-48 hours for all the third party sites that do you work for you to propagate the actual information we need?

3 minutes ago, atteSmythe said:

When you announce the relic additions, could you please announce which relics were added, so we don't have to wait 24-48 hours for all the third party sites that do you work for you to propagate the actual information we need?

Or you could just look at the in-game codex or Relic station.

10 hours ago, sapphicReprobate said:

My favorite thing to do when talking about how Yareli's issues is going through the list and pointing out the huge number of abilities and mod stats that have no benefit to Yareli on Merulina:

-

And others that I didn't manage to think of while glancing over them again. This is all on top of her abilities all being underwhelming in terms of stats and effects. Target limit and bad tracking on 1, no scaling effectiveness on 2, damage that falls off hard on 3 unless you use the horrendous feeling spam augment, 4 is just a really garbage Zephyr tornado.

Yareli is my 3rd most used frame now, I've gone full investment with umbra forma and everything, going deep into solo steel path, and even in spite of this I will still tell you her kit is absolutely terrible. It's ridiculous how limited her kit and synergies are.

I honestly find Yareli to be VERY fun, most likely due to the fact I'm a Gauss main, and I can definitely see why people think she's really weak. She's a lot of fun, though! But easily one of the worst frames, for certain. The synergy of her kit makes sense on paper but in practice the only actual synergy her kit has is that her 2 and 3 are very convenient to keep up together. The Aqua Blades augment definitely is a bandaid but it does actually make Aqua Blades pretty powerful which is very nice and seems to work even when not throwing blades, which I worried about.

I do think one thing they should do, bare minimum, is give Merulina inherent "trick score to energy" K-Drive mod. It'd help with how deceptively energy-hungry she is without making it outright unreasonable, I think.

But yeah. She severely needs some love, and it's outright depressing that they just... Moved on? They've received endless feedback, endless suggestions, and it seems like their current response is "don't care, didn't read" because pretty much all her severe bugs since 3 months after her release are still present. Like the Abitrations Token bug.

It'd be nice if they just like... Took Yareli's problems serious for once. It's felt half-assed since the first feedback rework, and it still feels half-assed now. It reeks as if they just don't care.

EDIT: One thing that solidifies Yareli as useful to me though is she seems to be the only frame who can actually CC sisters' hounds, which makes fighting them less stupid bs awful, even if the actual cc from her 1 being very short.

14 minutes ago, atteSmythe said:

Which also show all the still-vaulted relics

Then use the search bar when needed. All you need is to type what you want to look for (Chroma or Zephyr in this case) and it will show all relics that contains them. The Codex also states whether or not the relic in question is vaulted. If vaulted, it will says it's in the Prime Vault. If not, it will show all the drop locations.

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Then use the search bar when needed. All you need is to type what you want to look for (Chroma or Zephyr in this case) and it will show all relics that contains them. The Codex also states whether or not the relic in question is vaulted. If vaulted, it will says it's in the Prime Vault. If not, it will show all the drop locations.

Chroma, Zephyr, Tiburon, Rubico, and Gram.

OR...the people who already have this information could provide it to us in a way that doesn't require digging around in UIs that are worse than the data-scraping sites that have cropped up around this game.

Look, DE keeps asking us what they can do to improve the new player experience. Step 1 is probably "communicate as though you're writing to people who aren't already familiar with what you're talking about." This is not an isolated case.

3 minutes ago, atteSmythe said:

Look, DE keeps asking us what they can do to improve the new player experience. Step 1 is probably "communicate as though you're writing to people who aren't already familiar with what you're talking about." This is not an isolated case.

Putting it in the patchnotes is arguably worse though. I guess if what you're asking is more codex improvement, I'm all for it.

20 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Putting it in the patchnotes is arguably worse though. I guess if what you're asking is more codex improvement, I'm all for it.

Yeah, I mean, that's where I'm coming from. Every time a new content update drops, I end up spending 30-60 minutes putting together notes on where to actually get the things that were released. And I can't do that until days after the content drops because DE also doesn't update warframe.com/droptables with any regularity. Having to search through wikis and third-party dashboards to figure out where to go to get every new content drop is exhausting.

These announcements are either too long or too short. "New warframes were released, check the Codex" would provide as much practical information as this announcement. Here's the official language:

On 2022-05-11 at 2:00 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Zephyr Prime, Chroma Prime, Tiberon Prime, Kronen Prime, Rubico Prime, and Gram Prime Relics have been added to the drop tables! These Relics have replaced the Banshee Prime and Mirage Prime Relics in the Void drop tables, Bounties, and Relic Packs. 

Which void missions? Which bounties? If you already know, great, it's the same ones as you've run before. If you don't, it doesn't provide any information. Bounties can be inspected for binned common/uncommon/rare drop rates, but nothing specific. Void mission drop tables aren't viewable in-game. It's fluff. The annoucement feels good, but doesn't actually provide any information.

"Tune in to Twitch on Prime Time" - Great! What's "prime time?" Never defined. Useless announcement. This happens over and over and it's frustrating as hell.

ETA: I absolutely agree with you that putting this information only in the patch notes is the worst of all options. I sincerely mourn that so much of the game's history and story are locked up in Operations that I never got to play and which will never be seen again. It signals to me that I came into the game too late, and that I'm just propping up a game that's really only meant for the founders to enjoy. I doubt that's the message that DE wants to send, but it's everpresent in the game, the UI, and every announcement that's aimed at progressing the rewards offered through an existing system.

Edit2: Just checked the drop tables - still not updated! So the drop rates are unknowable. I assume they're the same as the relics they replaced, if I could figure that out. It's amateur hour. The game's been out for almost a decade - it's well past time to figure out how to synchronize releases and market communication.

On 2022-05-11 at 11:25 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

Any news on fixing the removed already scanned codex enemies, or fixing the broken codex scans please.. 

What do you mean?
Like remove enemies can't be scanned anymore?

On 2022-05-12 at 3:53 AM, GhostFeng said:

Unless you either don't have time to start new quests, are waiting for newer friends that are just starting the game to catch up while helping them before starting new content (like myself), or just simply aren't interested in starting massive story quest lines right now. Either way, DE should be giving their players A CHOICE. Not forcing new content down their throats by locking previously available content.

"In order to access Arbitrations, players must have completed all nodes on the connected Star Chart"

I guess this was copied from the Player's Bible issued to you by DE? Who said that statement was law punishable by death if broken? Just because DE wants Arbitrations locked behind the star chart, doesn't mean it has to REMAIN LOCKED behind every single new node that DE decides to place there. They make the rules, they can decide if new content does or doesn't lock Arbitrations. And the point is, it's a slap in the face to any player that had access to Arbitrations before and now doesn't, for whatever reason that they may NOT WANT to be forced to complete new content immediately upon release.

I agree, I didn't even played new war yet

17 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this can be said about alot of systems in warframe yet here we are. im not against them putting caps or blockers or putting information in a more visible place. but they said they dont want people spending hours in missions in a dev stream which is still accessable but since it was some time ago dont remember which one since there are so many. it was directly in response to people getting trade bans. 

people should really look and listen to information though

1. Complete any '60 minute Survival' Act reduced to 30 minutes.

they changed this nightwave challenge.

endurance is intended to be 30-40 minutes of higher level enemies. which is why they change anything that is 1hr down tp 30min.

again there are people who already know this that ignored the warning and ignored the changes and just keep doing. its good that developers sometimes have to protect gamers from themselves by imposing limits but, people need to learn self control as well. 

At this point they would just need force extraction after a certain rotation in endless, but then it wont be endless anymore, and people could still extract and jump back in.
So their efforts discouraging players playing for hours wont work anyway even with such a "drastic" change

vor 21 Stunden schrieb B.P.Emma:

embarrassing for you, or everyone? i got a bit confused at that statement because as far as im aware, the ears only enhanced my preferred look. not once did i feel embarrassed. and i assume you dont also find the aforementioned candy cane as well as angel wings, fluorescent pink warframes with flamboyant animation sets and/or butterfly wings embarrassing? if not itd be interesting to know why you draw the line at bunny ears specifically, and/or then secondly why you have any right to decide for others what types of fashion they should be allow to have and enjoy

id be interested to know what the “reason” is you speak of too, because as far as im aware, the best ive seen is a de staff member say lazily “we just dont wanna”, which is instead an admission of having no reason

thanks 🙂

So, you did scroll down and you did check what was written at the bottom of my post, didn't ya'?

Because if you did, you would have had no reason to ask such a thing because your question would have been answered already.
If you didn't, well, then i don't wanna answer your question, i'm afraid.

And, please, by all means, don't waste peoples time in passive-aggressive fashion like this.
Dunno' about others, but for me it's just one of those 'sigh' moments, y'know?
Just read carefully next time and we're good. Good? Good!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Grommile:

While the Switch is a jumped-up tablet, the PS5 and XBox Series are effectively fixed-spec PCs with no expansion slots, running a locked-down boutique operating system. (So are the PS4 and XB1, but the specs on those were more laptop than desktop.)

Mh, i see where you are coming from but it's a bit more than this.
I was talking about the System per se, not the specs itself.
You see, while you are mostly right that a console nowadays is a kinda fixed-spec system, there's more.

Sony, for example, tells you their Next Gen consoles can keep up with modern visuals.
Which, of course, is a blatant lie. The Step-up from Ps3 to Ps4, for example, was less than minimal, to say the least. (Ps3 was released 2006)
And the Ps5 is just a bit better than the Ps4. That's how consoles work, always did.
My GTX1070, i had back in the day, has the exact same power as the Ps5 has, visual-wise.
We are long gone from things like PsX-to-Ps2 (which, in my opinion, was the biggest, most amazing step for the PS)

Why do i tell you all of this?
Well, while consoles just get a bit more of everything, every generation, Rigs keep improving non-stop.
It's a race that so many attend. Software-Devs, Hardware-Designers.. Like Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and so on.
One of the many, many reasons products for Rigs keep improving way faster.
Consoles tho? They don't have this kinda race, there are basically only 2 but a thrid one, the switch, just recently joined Ps and xBox.
The race they hold had a peek every now and then but these times are, again, long gone.
Without proper rivalry things tend to slow down. .. Like today.
And they try and make you wanting to buy it, still, by telling you garbage. Like Sony.

Having a Pc-Game and making it compatible for consoles, next gen, or not, is the worst thing you can do for the game.
Good for playerbases, good for money, really bad for developing and future improvements.
Every heard of Cp2077? Or of Horizon Dawn? State of Decay? 
Making a game compatible for consoles makes it so that future improvements have to be in the 'reach' of the consoles.
Even with lower visuals, the reach is kinda' short. Because it's not only a GPU but also a CPU and Ram thing. (Mainly)
Of course, people be like "Nah, PSxyz and xBox are fine" and while that's true, that they are fine on their own level, they aren't on the compared level.
I've been playing Cyberpunk on a very old system, GTX 1070, 16GB of ram, old CPU... HDD.. And so on.
And i basically had the same visuals with toned-down ini-files as in the PS version.

That's what i meant with 'inferior to PC's'.
Consoles are just a whole bunch'a garbage.
In my opinion, of course.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb atteSmythe:

Yeah, I mean, that's where I'm coming from. Every time a new content update drops, I end up spending 30-60 minutes putting together notes on where to actually get the things that were released. And I can't do that until days after the content drops because DE also doesn't update warframe.com/droptables with any regularity. Having to search through wikis and third-party dashboards to figure out where to go to get every new content drop is exhausting.

These announcements are either too long or too short. "New warframes were released, check the Codex" would provide as much practical information as this announcement. Here's the official language:

Which void missions? Which bounties? If you already know, great, it's the same ones as you've run before. If you don't, it doesn't provide any information. Bounties can be inspected for binned common/uncommon/rare drop rates, but nothing specific. Void mission drop tables aren't viewable in-game. It's fluff. The annoucement feels good, but doesn't actually provide any information.

"Tune in to Twitch on Prime Time" - Great! What's "prime time?" Never defined. Useless announcement. This happens over and over and it's frustrating as hell.

ETA: I absolutely agree with you that putting this information only in the patch notes is the worst of all options. I sincerely mourn that so much of the game's history and story are locked up in Operations that I never got to play and which will never be seen again. It signals to me that I came into the game too late, and that I'm just propping up a game that's really only meant for the founders to enjoy. I doubt that's the message that DE wants to send, but it's everpresent in the game, the UI, and every announcement that's aimed at progressing the rewards offered through an existing system.

Edit2: Just checked the drop tables - still not updated! So the drop rates are unknowable. I assume they're the same as the relics they replaced, if I could figure that out. It's amateur hour. The game's been out for almost a decade - it's well past time to figure out how to synchronize releases and market communication.

A game only for founders to enjoy?
Brother, do you have any idea what's going on?

I guess not, so here's the deal;
If you are new, you just stepped onto the tip of the iceberg founders were frozen in, YEARS ago.
The 'message sent out by DE' you are talking about, that this game is only for founders to enjoy just shows how inexperienced and new you are.
Because it couldn't be farther from the truth, sadly.

I'm not sure how the game looks through the perspective of a new player. I guess it can be frustrating, overwhelming? But.. Then again, you got a chat. You got a brain. Combine these two and you get people answering you in the Q&A chat, right? And if not, you can still open your browser, type in " Warframe patchnotes" and .. That's it.
Or open Your browser, open up the Wiki and just read sum'. It's free real estate. Like, literally, most, if not all, questions can be solved by just checking the wiki. I literally like people asking stuff, or talking about stuff in chat. Feels more alive. Feels like how it should feel in the first place. I'm glad people have to ask for things and that, not unlike other games and ip's, everything is so easy and so second-grade-level to understand that nobody has to ask anything.. There are more and more 'no talk' anonymous players around the gaming community (in general) and this is the worst. Just the worst.
Me, as a veteran, as a founder with several accounts.. I know all of this and, mostly, i don't even have to read patchnotes to know what's been changed.
But If you keep ramblin about stuff they fixed and they haven't given you exact %'s, well that's because it's the same %'s like the 'older' version.
This is pretty much common sense, at this point, bruh. I mean 'Prime-Time' is basically just the format on their twitch-channel. A name, if you will.
Do you really need someone to explain a name to you? Or what a format is? I don't think so.

I'm generally on-board with you that certain things should be more see-through and better to understand - by people actually putting an ounce of effort in things they do.. But most other things you've been talkin' about? To me, that's just a lot of 'i'm lazy af and i hate that i have to press 2 more buttons' type of thing.
I mean, come on, you even gush about that you have to read something that is too long, even if it's just, like, literally 3 sentences. Bruh ^^

On 2022-05-11 at 7:43 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

At launch, the Dormizone was required to get the Steel Path completion reward for Zariman region... We fixed the Dormizone so that it's no longer required, but people who did all the other nodes while it still was required are now in an incorrect progression state. We've got a mastercrafter creating a server script that will unjam your trophy, please be patient 🥷

Any news on this?
SP dormizone now shows unlocked but still waiting on my Teshin reward and planet to finish the set

15 hours ago, aBaDLos said:

I know Hydroid is bad (and that there are others that need rework), the point is they make new characters that don't work properly, it's not about "crying" it's about DE hiring better people to develop the characters, they don't even need to invent a lot to create a character because the community already gives the character done, it's simple!

I'm right there with you buddy. There's not really an excuse to have such terribly designed characters in your game other than straight laziness. Hydroid was bad before. Now with the new terrible Eximus CC (nerf) "rework", everyone might as well sell Hydroid Prime for credits, unless you like hiding in a puddle for the entire mission. And btw, I only meant that Hydroid and Yareli are the ones crying together, after DE took Hydroid's pirate boot-y and planted it where the gold is hidden...

En 12/5/2022 a las 0:06, JoeMama422 dijo:

before the update the only eximus units i ever noticed were the frosts, and that was just because they could avoid a oneshot. Now theyre minibosses who require some effort to bonk, making your meatball more spicy. If you dont like enemies that resist your Map Nuke 9Billion just go to lower level worlds ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

No, they don't require any effort if you go with Wukong, Revenant, Inaros, Nezha, Rhino and pretty much any Warframe that either turns invisible or is tanky.

The only thing it does is that Mag or Nyx or Limbo (and others CC-Warframes) users have even more work dealing with enemies than they already had before.

But those who play Wukong? They hardly even noticed a difference. That's the problem.

18 hours ago, xXVoyrenXx_TTV said:

So, you did scroll down and you did check what was written at the bottom of my post, didn't ya'?

Because if you did, you would have had no reason to ask such a thing because your question would have been answered already.
If you didn't, well, then i don't wanna answer your question, i'm afraid.

And, please, by all means, don't waste peoples time in passive-aggressive fashion like this.
Dunno' about others, but for me it's just one of those 'sigh' moments, y'know?
Just read carefully next time and we're good. Good? Good!

yeah i did. you finished by saying its just your opinion… congrats i guess. while everyone else out here is stating their [what?], youve instead come with an opinion. so… what?

all of us are stating our opinions, and unfortunately clarifying that isnt an answer to any of the questions i asked. you said de had a reason. what is it? you seemed to imply bunny ears were a step too far (which is a non issue, only it… is, apparently, because youre taking a stance against adding them as if theyd be forcibly stapled onto your frames). why? if you dont want to answer, thats fine. not too sure why you replied though lol

to correct you, i wasnt being passive aggressive actually, in asking what right you have to dictate the tastes of others i was being fully genuine. i understand you dont like bunny ears, but all that says is youd choose not to wear them, which i get they fill a niche taste. however i dont understand how that means you can leap to taking the stance against adding them for people who… arent you? i would apologise for coming off that way but you seem pretty snidely so i wont bother lol

anyway, feel free to answer those questions- or dont. maybe you have some genuinely insightful reason that ive not encountered, but those chances are definitely not high lol. ive done some research into this and the absolute best ive seen de has is “no”, and honestly i dont even know where to start on the stance of “i dont want this, for others” lol. its just one of those ‘sigh’ moments yknow? 😞

Archived