General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Getting Grendel after new eximus rework is impossible

lty12138

I know there has already a lot said about the eximus rework, but there are some oversights worth addressing. 

The Grendel farming missions, for instance, have just become impossible for me to solo. Luckily, I completed the survival and excavation missions. But for the life of me, I don't know how I am supposed to defend an objective against eximus units without access to mods. Lavos has served me well to this point, but is Hyldryn the only way (I haven't acquired her yet)? 

On a more general note, someone should probably look into how the new eximus units have been implemented game-wide. 

Edited by (XBOX)JCeezy415
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

For people who don't know, you can farm Grendel Parts by obtaining part locators from Arbitration Honors. This unlocks 3 different missions in Europa that rewards each specific Grendel parts on completion. The missions are just your generic SURVIVAL, DEFENSE, and EXCAVATION missions - except for one specific condition: ALL YOUR MODS ARE DISABLED (Except for Warframe augments). EDIT: You also can't use your operator

Here's the problem, there will come a time during any of these missions that a Guardian Eximus will spawn and give a 90% Damage Reduction aura to surrounding enemies rendering your weapons useless and all you can do is run and pick off enemies far from the Guardian Eximus. This makes the missions nearly impossible to complete.

I tried to solo and failed miserably, tried with squads - there was hope but eventually failed.

I haven't tried using Banshee's Silence on any of my runs but I think that would be very helpful (I thought of it very late). But for now, I'm just burnt up from this and gave up.

If anyone can also share their Grendel farming experience with the new Eximus update, would appreciate sharing how you dealt with the missions.

Edited by Half-chub
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Half-chub said:

I haven't tried using Banshee's Silence on any of my runs but I think that would be very helpful

It won't dispel the allied damage reduction on its own, but it'll make the eximus itself easier to take down. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Half-chub said:

Here's the problem, there will come a time during any of these missions that a Guardian Eximus will spawn and give a 90% Damage Reduction aura to surrounding enemies rendering your weapons useless and all you can do is run and pick off enemies far from the Guardian Eximus. This makes the missions nearly impossible to complete.

This Eximus unit was Obviously designed to Counter Act the powerful Mods we have Access to these Days.....which you can't Use when Farming Grendel....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah... Big Oopsy on DE for that one...

Well.... Looks like Grendel Is Now Officially Market Exclusive Warframe...

Remember back when we had those ? If you accidentally sold your Chroma or Gara Blueprint then Too Bad.... Those Warframe's became Platinum only 😝....

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

It won't dispel the allied damage reduction on its own, but it'll make the eximus itself easier to take down. 

Wait really ?

Sooo it's Bugged ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can you use your operator for this stuff?

Edit: I just went in to test this and apparently arbitrations are now locked behind completion of the new zariman nodes... so I guess I can't check it out right now. Maybe I'll clear the nodes tomorrow.

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Can you use your operator for this stuff?

Edit: I just went in to test this and apparently arbitrations are now locked behind completion of the new zariman nodes... so I guess I can't check it out right now. Maybe I'll clear the nodes tomorrow.

I forgot to add, you can't also use the operator in these missions. So it's really difficult, you're stuck with unmodded warframe and unmodded weapons. Guardian Eximus makes surrounding enemies a friggin tank.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Half-chub said:

I forgot to add, you can't also use the operator in these missions. So it's really difficult, you're stuck with unmodded warframe and unmodded weapons. Guardian Eximus makes surrounding enemies a friggin tank.

When I did this ages ago I just used Hildryn because her balefire charger works. Her high shield value paired with pillage and no energy drain worked wonders.

With the advent of subsume abilities you could also use a subsumed xata's whisper to add void damage to her kit (void damage seems effective against overguard).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I just did the last sortie mission with eximus' only 😂 good God almighty. It's the literal definition of a seizure. 

Guess it's time to put graphics at 0 again, which sadly removes beams, drone connections and nullifier bubbles but damn this is effect hell! 

---

Yeah, it seems that all this was tested in the simulacrum or something.. a lot of stuff is extremely weird and unbalanced and wasn't really tested throughout the entire game i assume.. i can't imagine starting to the play the game as a new player. I'm also not recommending it to my friends currently because they'll be outta this game faster than i can see. 😆

Edited by (XBOX)TyeGoo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:
9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Wait really ?

Sooo it's Bugged ?

No, it does what it's intended to according to the patch notes.  And what it's always done:  suppress enemy effects that have to be activated, rather than passive ones.  The big difference now isn't that Silence has changed; it's that eximus specials are now almost completely active.

• Like 2

Yes, I agree. Was looking to farming this morning, and this was a bit game breaking. Even with hildryn, was not able to complete. I was able to do the zariman opening quests without a single fail (I include this only to show some level of personal skill as a player) before the nerf. And this was an almost impossible task, managed to do the defense (took over an hour, for 15 waves), failed the survival, and do not yet have the part for the excavators. If it was only one eximus at a time, might have been doable (as a nod to not changing EVERYTHING), but stacked eximis units? With different abilities? Impossible. Would be more feasible with max one eximus unit, or only specific ones allowed?

• Like 1

I tried to solo the survival mission again and failed it with 2 minutes remaining. It would've been manageable if Guardian Eximus don't spawn, but once they do - you're just gonna be running around using up all life support, destroying crates hoping for a life support module and pray for the next one to come before timer runs out.  

I just read some posts about the new Eximus update and I agree with some of the negative criticisms about it, don't get me wrong it's good that they're now relevant and adds some difficulty to the game, but honestly, it's too much. Adding status immunity and higher EHP shouldn't be the way to increase enemy difficulty.

The game is called "Warframe", yet this update is really supressing that... what's the point of picking a Warframe if you can't use it's abilities to destroy a strong enemy. For me, there's no sense of accomplishment if you destroyed a strong enemy by just shooting at it. 

Give Cerata a try. The explosion (middle mouse button) has a powerful and guaranteed Toxin proc. Extremely powerful for Grendel missions.

I'll have to run the Grendel missions again to see how they have changed.

• Like 1

Weapons with inate status damage helped me with these missions.

I also brought Cedo and Lavos for the magnetic and toxin props.

Friend brought Gara along to protect the defense target. It was rough but we got through it.

• Like 1

On 2022-04-28 at 9:10 PM, Steel_Rook said:

The Grendel missions are utter garbage in the first place. I can imagine them being absolutely unpalatable now with the Eximus changes.

I enjoyed the old grendel missions.

• Like 1

Grendel missions required a serious amount of work or a full squad to do as is, so yeah I can see this one being an issue. I only managed by using hildryn to not deal with energy or health. Maybe if you're lucky the Laetum may help? Assuming it's evos are still active