Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Grendel after new eximus rework is impossible

lty12138

Did both defence and survival two days ago. I expected it to be hell on earth but it ended up as a picknick. 

Wisp with Falcor/Xoris decimated everything. I tried Lavos and Saryn, both worked pretty well.

I guess Protea and/or Trinity might also work well there.

This is *not* a plz nerf eximus post. I *like* the new eximii.

That said, their overshields make the Grendel missions extraordinarily unpleasant, and if a Guardian Eximus spawns, well... good luck. If two Guardian Eximii spawn, then save yourself the time and abort, because they can apparently give the guardian buff to *each other* which makes them nigh invulnerable. If you get two Guardian Eximii and a Frost Eximus, then the cold eximus and its bubble ALSO becomes practically invulnerable, which suddenly turns the mission into a scrub and a complete waste of time, followed by a bunch of adult language.

Suggestion, disable Eximii buffing each other on Grendel missions, or, preferably, disable their spawns for those missions entirely.

1 hour ago, MeanderingBeing said:

disable Eximii buffing each othe

Honestly, Guardians should just be flat-out unable to buff each other. Ever. That's an obviously degenerate scenario; the constraints of the Grendel missions just make it even more obvious.

Guardians should not be able to stack/buff other guardians. Are you sure there wasn't a Shield Osprey buffing their shields?

I was in a full squad on May 5th, we were able to beat the three Grendel missions. Yes the eximus were tough, all of us had to work together to kill Guardians (and pretty much every eximus).

I confirm the stack of eximus makes the missions particularly difficult or almost impossible.
If you who have succeeded I would like to know how because at the moment but with a full team we have not succeeded.

Sorry for my broken English.

I just ran the Grendel defense mission with a friend and I cannot believe that DE would want players to reasonably kill 3~6 eximus that are lvl 50+ with a restriction that doesn't allow for mods. While we were able to complete the mission, it took an unreasonable amount of time burning down the overshields and either I'm missing a super easy strategy or DE has to do something about these missions.

I guess they didn't think about the Grendel mission requirements when they added the eximus rework but doing the defense mission with no mods on weapons or warframes (which is a requirement to get Grendel) against 6 level 55 eximus is impossible. No one is really trying to get Grendel now a days since its been so long since he came out and he is one of the worst warframes and since this mission is suppose to be done in a party these mission are very hard so that's annoying in and of itself but with this new rework its literally impossible, I played as Octavia which is probably the best warframe to use to kill normal enemies  and my friend went wisp so we wouldn't die that easily. We did the survival mission easy enough but the defence mission was incredible hard I made it to round 2 which took 50 minutes and then 7 or so  eximus spawned and it was just impossible to kill them. I hope they realize this over sight soon but if they don't any suggestions on how to do it would be lit thanks for reading C:

I just tried to help some guy with his Grendel defense. I used to solo that.

We lost when there was 5 waves left or so. More than 52 minutes had passed. 70+% of the game time was spent trying to kill Eximus units. This was pure cancer.

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! We're looking into this for the next update - Specifically the Defense mission being extremely difficult with the new Eximus changes. Thanks! 

just swap the part beacons for the actual parts on the arbitration store....

Manage to the final 2 wave solo with Hildryn. Then 4 eximus and 2 Nullifier showed up. I can handle 2 Nullifier and 1 eximus on the previous wave. But this... Fyi my Hildryn could survive, the warframe cryopod (defense object) didn't.

On 2022-04-28 at 4:14 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Sounds like the perfect excuse to completely rework those missions. They were awful from the day they were added and just need to be something completely different.

I want to second this.  They were a mistake and I HATED getting Grendel so much I never even considered getting a second for Helminth .  I'm just going to wait for him to go prime and feed Helminth this one.

Just run the grendel mission to help my fellow fried thats returning to game, the mission literaly impposible to complete with the current eximus buff rn. back in the day was abble to farm all this gredel part by my self. Hope the adjustment for this mission get fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...

So, buried in the patch notes for Echoes of Zariman (update 31.6) is this chestnut:

GENERAL CHANGES:

• Made the following changes to the Grendel Locator missions:
    • Lowered the Enemy level in the Grendel Locator Missions from 40-45 to 25-30. 
      • This change was made thanks to Community feedback on the difficulty of the Eximus units in the Grendel missions after their rework, but it was also decided to lower the enemy levels overall as these missions were deemed too difficult. 
    • Reduced the length of the Grendel Chassis Locator Defense mission from 15 waves to 10 waves. As reported here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/uigpd9/grendel_missions_impossible_now_with_eximus_rework/i7fk209/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&co
      • The changes to Eximus units in the Angels of the Zariman update made this particular mission much longer compared to the rest because you are required to clear all the Eximus at the end of every wave. Even with the changes we’ve made to Overguard in this update, we have reduced the waves to compensate for the added difficulty/time we found Eximus units continued to bring to the mission. 
    • Syndicate Death Squads will no longer spawn in the Grendel Locator missions. 

Did all three bits as Octavia Prime w/ Broken Sceptre last night (after giving up previously when Survival was almost impossible).
Only issue really was Extraction - as it began to refuse to spawn the Cell carriers. Switched to the "turn on all extractors and let them explode" strategy - which worked but was boring.

Grendel is building as I type this.

Archived