The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caustic strike unairu needs a bigger radius

(PSN)SlyFox5679

I like the Caustic Strike focus ability it just needs a bigger range similar to the magnetic flare and the range should be upgradable with ranking up 

I've used both abilities vs steel path grineer & corpus and  I like how they work but the Caustic strike range needs to be bigger in size instead of a projectile it should be an AOE like Magnetic flare.  

now if there was some way to get zenuriks energy regen as a passive so it can be used with any other school

18 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

I've used both abilities vs steel path grineer & corpus and  I like how they work but the Caustic strike range needs to be bigger in size instead of a projectile it should be an AOE like Magnetic flare.  

The reason Magnetic Flare is a persistent AoE is due to the way shields work. Simply stripping shields isn't very useful since those recover on their own. I suppose the ability could impart some kind of really long shield recovery delay (like 99 999 seconds or some such), but it seems like DE chose to go with a shield denial field. I'm not sure that would work quite as well with armour strip since armour typically doesn't go back on its own.

With that said, I agree - the projectile is irritating to use. It's slow and imprecise and honestly goofy-looking. I'd much rather have some kind of cone - even if a narrow one. Think a very narrow version of Atlas' Petrification. At least that way we can aim it properly.

10 minutes ago, Grave.Knight said:

They didn't ask for a persistent AoE, merely that Caustic be turned into a wide, center base AoE instead of a small grenade.

Ah, I see. Personally, I'd still prefer a frontal cone just so we have some range on it, but I wouldn't be opposed to just a PBAoE.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for understanding where my thinking is on this.  It seems kinda silly to give shield removal such a large area vs armor removal since armor is a bigger issue l.ate/end game.

I fight way more Grineer then Corpus since i farm Kuva Req Survivals more often then anything to do with Corpus unless i'm hunting a Sister.

if say they made the last rank of caustic strike a bigger area that stayed on the field would be nice instead of a grenade.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

Thanks for understanding where my thinking is on this.  It seems kinda silly to give shield removal such a large area vs armor removal since armor is a bigger issue l.ate/end game.

That's the point though: Removing defenses persistently in a large area is really powerful (part of the reason why Xaku is stupidly overpowered), but if it's only shields, that's reasonably balanced for an operator ability. Caustic Strike permanently strips all armor, which is a really powerful effect to give to everyone, but only does so in a small AoE on a single cast, so it's more reasonable.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Ampathetiic said:

That's the point though: Removing defenses persistently in a large area is really powerful (part of the reason why Xaku is stupidly overpowered), but if it's only shields, that's reasonably balanced for an operator ability. Caustic Strike permanently strips all armor, which is a really powerful effect to give to everyone, but only does so in a small AoE on a single cast, so it's more reasonable.

I agree but  I also think if I'm putting three points into caustic strike that the last point should make the radius bigger like if the original size is 5-10 meter radius then it could be bigger by say 15-20 meter radius. 

now because when i was first testing caustic strike i used in in a kuva req survival having to kill x amount of enemies for the armor unlocking so i ran around that survival for about 30mins stripping armor off grineer and killing them with my amp.   when I run kuva req survival i'm farming three things in the same mission, 

1. kuva-for rolling rivens

2.riven slivers-for buying rivens & kuva at Iron Wake

3.focus-to max out focus schools

Archived