Being one-tapped without any telegraphing is NOT fun.

One of the most frustrating things as a player of any game is being one-tapped with no telegraphing.

Just now I played a game on Zariman solo (no other parties found) where the thrax would just materialize next to me and I'd fall over. No chance to defend, or anything.

This is one of the mechanics in this game that have always annoyed me to the point I leave it alone for months or years at a time. The 'challenges' to the game are not often from playing the game as intended and using parkour and mobility to dodge incoming fire while taking down foes. Instead, its seeing if you can manage to make it through a map without running out of revives.

Uniaru makes this someone less of a hassle, since you don't immediately burn all revives, but still, casting null-star, going to the first bubble thing, killing the thrax, then immediately being killed by a random moa one-shotting me from the side from nearly full HP, killing my way to frame with operator, going to the next bubble and killing that thrax, then having another one materialize next to me with 1 frame between it showing up and my warframe falling over in bleed-out, is NOT fun at all. 

Or in the past, having a random barely visible rocket from another room tap a wall 10 meters away and falling over dead. Or being randomly tapped by slash procs that bypass everything.

I like this game. My purchase history proves it. But y'all really need to do something about the idiotic one-shot mobs being everywhere. 

• Like 8

In the future when you die, leave the game running and just alt tab out to look. Go this website https://semlar.com/deathlog and you can see what killed you.

Death Log Parser
This tool reads through your EE.log file and identifies the cause of death for anyone on your team. Your log file is located at %localappdata%\Warframe\EE.log in windows.

Your log file is not uploaded to the server. Everything is processed locally in your browser.

It can take up to 10 seconds for the log file to update with a new entry after a player dies if you're using this while the game is running, so if a recent death isn't showing up just wait a bit and try again.

The log file is erased every time the game is launched; you will lose the data from your previous session if you restart the game without making a backup copy of the old EE.log file.

This is how it displays the information.

Player identified as <Slayer-.>
LOG DATE - 11/07/2021, 11:58:30
13:01:02 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 343 health by a level 90 NAPALM using a NapalmLauncher
13:06:35 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 58 health by a level 100 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:21:37 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 960 health by a level 128 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> downed at 261 health by a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:35:06 - <DETHCUBE PRIME> killed by 959 damage at 262 health from a level 159 ELITE SHIELD LANCER using a AIGrnGrenadeLauncherPistol
13:41:49 - <Slayer-.> killed by 72 damage at 16 health from a level 175 ELITE LANCER using a AIGrnBurstRifle
LOG ENDS - 11/07/2021, 13:43:50

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Liath-Sakata said:

One of the most frustrating things as a player of any game is being one-tapped with no telegraphing.

Just now I played a game on Zariman solo (no other parties found) where the thrax would just materialize next to me and I'd fall over. No chance to defend, or anything.

This is one of the mechanics in this game that have always annoyed me to the point I leave it alone for months or years at a time. The 'challenges' to the game are not often from playing the game as intended and using parkour and mobility to dodge incoming fire while taking down foes. Instead, its seeing if you can manage to make it through a map without running out of revives.

Uniaru makes this someone less of a hassle, since you don't immediately burn all revives, but still, casting null-star, going to the first bubble thing, killing the thrax, then immediately being killed by a random moa one-shotting me from the side from nearly full HP, killing my way to frame with operator, going to the next bubble and killing that thrax, then having another one materialize next to me with 1 frame between it showing up and my warframe falling over in bleed-out, is NOT fun at all. 

Or in the past, having a random barely visible rocket from another room tap a wall 10 meters away and falling over dead. Or being randomly tapped by slash procs that bypass everything.

I like this game. My purchase history proves it. But y'all really need to do something about the idiotic one-shot mobs being everywhere. 

If you die that easy, you should try modding your frame better. Even my operator before the update never got hit THAT bad! Unless it was Steel Path, but that's Steel Path for you...

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

In the future when you die, leave the game running and just alt tab out to look. Go this website https://semlar.com/deathlog and you can see what killed you.

I suppose that wouldn't work for consoles. Which is a shame, I could of done with that in a few parties...

Edited by (NSW)Filgaia

You're not being "one-shot" unless you're on a frame that lacks shields. And if you're dying so easily then take a better build or frame. Or just work on having better situational awareness as nothing just "materializes" next to you. Thrax have unique audio ques and in multiple mission types they even have waypoints.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

If you die that easy, you should try modding your frame better. Even my operator before the update never got hit THAT bad! Unless it was Steel Path, but that's Steel Path for you...

I suppose that wouldn't work for consoles. Which is a shame, I could of done with that in a few parties...

Oh mighty modlord, Can you please enlighten we ignorant fools as to which mods will give a Shield based frame with 100 base Armor and 300 hp enough damage reduction to survive having all Shields and almost all Energy drained from you in an instant from a unit literally 50 meters away while surrounded by a pack of mobs?

That was sarcasm by the way. 

What WASNT sarcasm was getting hit with a magnetic proc from a Thrax literally 50 meters away:hydroid.PNG

That little red smear i've highlighted is a Thrax who spawned, went ghost mode and precision zapped me from 50 meters away, causing a Magnetic proc that CANNOT BE NULLIFIED BY THE VERY ARCANE THAT NULLIFIES MAGNETIC PROCS.

My Hydroid is using a Parasitic Armor build, So no real big deal. 
But this happens regularly and is the reason i stopped running Shield frames on Zariman missions. Getting zapped like that while in the middle of a pack of mobs expecting to have a shield buffer keeping me alive only to suddenly have max overshields and full Energy deleted in an instant is not exactly a good time for a Shield frame or one that depends on active abilities to survive. 

That magnetic proc is absolute cancer. It needs to be deleted.  

• Like 14

It is true that the new enemies hit incredibly hard and can one-shot you if you do not have shieldgating (either by using a shield-less frame or having your shields knocked out beforehand).  Using the tool @Slayer-. provided, here's a record of one of my deaths when the update first dropped two weeks ago:

10:44:11 - <MqToasty> downed at 3,402 health by a DuviriRangedTeleportBeamC using a DuviriRangedTeleportBeamC
10:44:13 - <MqToasty> killed by 4,333 damage at 3,403 health from an unknown source

The only thing I can suggest is to stop using Inaros and Nidus, never stop moving, and go defensive when your shield pops.  Also, keep an eye out for the pink clouds that the Thrax turn into when they launch this attack.  If you see an enemy on your minimap but see nothing there, then beware -- it could be a Thrax that just turned invisible and will soon re-emerge as 3 laser-shooting clouds.  Start running and get ready to dodge.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

That little red smear i've highlighted is a Thrax who spawned, went ghost mode and precision zapped me from 50 meters away, causing a Magnetic proc that CANNOT BE NULLIFIED BY THE VERY ARCANE THAT NULLIFIES MAGNETIC PROCS.

that is a known bug and DE already stated that they are working on it. 

stomping the feets and demanding to get rid of the magnetic proc is childish and quite laughable tbh. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

that is a known bug and DE already stated that they are working on it. 

stomping the feets and demanding to get rid of the magnetic proc is childish and quite laughable tbh. 

Aight, Magnetic procs should then be fixed to do 90% of health damage to an Armor frame, prevents healing effects for several seconds and reduces all damage reduction effects to 25%.  

Fair right?

If its fine for a shield frame to lose all of its survival mechanisms, it should be for armor frames.

That magnetic proc is even more ridiculous than the old map wide energy nuke leeches of old. 
At least they only drained energy instead of sniping you with a stagger that instantly removes ALL of your defenses *and* the resources needed to get those defenses back. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

Aight, Magnetic procs should then be fixed to do 90% of health damage to an Armor frame, prevents healing effects for several seconds and reduces all damage reduction effects to 25%.  

Fair right?

If its fine for a shield frame to lose all of its survival mechanisms, it should be for armor frames.

You mean toxin that kills even the most armored up frame in less than 2 seconds of being in the proximity of a green cloud or a yellow puddle? 

yeah. Stop-

• Like 5

This is the way I see it. I very rarely die in the new missions even using Nidus or another non-gated frame.

Nothing in a game like warframe should EVER one-shot you, unless it's a move like the Angel's (the big ball charge up attack). Very obviously telegraphed and easy to avoid. If you're not paying attention it can be a problem though.

Enemies don't need to one-shot you for the game modes to be difficult, or engaging. They can be tough and beefy and have a higher TTK but not be so strong that they wipe you off the map. Even on the tougher Destiny 2 stuff, I never remember anything one-shotting you (except that goofy robot to get the Outbreak Perfected... good times...)

DE right now is obsessing over yet another meta that THEY created (Shield gating and rolling guard) and ignoring normal players that don't really care about it. Remember the years old chart about warframe powers and weapons damage compared to health? Warframes (aside from the strongest tank frames) have nearly zero survivability without some sort of cheese, so players look for the cheesiest way to do that, and DE then tries to introduce enemies that can counter that.

The only thing it actually does is frustrate players, especially newer players (the ones that they seem to want to cater to) and get meta-lords to make ultra cheese builds.

Damage for enemies doesn't need to scale at the same rate their armor and health do, if anything it should take like 500+ or even 1000+ level enemies to double their damage. Their health and armor? absolutely, i'm fine with tankier enemies, but right now everything needs to be a cheese build, or ultra tank build. Don't even think about taking a normal fun warframe into a mission to have fun, or even CONSIDER doing 2 C rotations...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

Fair right?

That magnetic proc is even more ridiculous than the old map wide energy nuke leeches of old. 
At least they only drained energy instead of sniping you with a stagger that instantly removes ALL of your defenses *and* the resources needed to get those defenses back. 

The fact that things like molt and rolling guard that cleanse status effects don't work on magnetic procs makes it even worse. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

I have no idea TBH.

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

It is true that the new enemies hit incredibly hard and can one-shot you if you do not have shieldgating (either by using a shield-less frame or having your shields knocked out beforehand).  Using the tool @Slayer-. provided, here's a record of one of my deaths when the update first dropped two weeks ago:

10:44:11 - <MqToasty> downed at 3,402 health by a DuviriRangedTeleportBeamC using a DuviriRangedTeleportBeamC
10:44:13 - <MqToasty> killed by 4,333 damage at 3,403 health from an unknown source

The only thing I can suggest is to stop using Inaros and Nidus, never stop moving, and go defensive when your shield pops.  Also, keep an eye out for the pink clouds that the Thrax turn into when they launch this attack.  If you see an enemy on your minimap but see nothing there, then beware -- it could be a Thrax that just turned invisible and will soon re-emerge as 3 laser-shooting clouds.  Start running and get ready to dodge.

The worst thing about going down as Inaros is you cannot use this new wizzbang system to revive, because imo the Inaros sarcophagus is useless and outdated, it's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, it's never worked for me.

Also if you have Arcane Grace that helps Inaros greatly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

The worst thing about going down as Inaros is you cannot use this new wizzbang system to revive, because imo the Inaros sarcophagus is useless and outdated, it's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike, it's never worked for me.

Also if you have Arcane Grace that helps Inaros greatly.

Yeah, I don't use Inaros for anything but Hijack nowadays because he has no useful abilities and isn't even particularly hard to kill.  That death was with an Invigorated Wisp, btw.  I thought I could just face-tank everything because I got a +1000 Health, +200% Ability Strength Invigoration, but the Thrax was like, "not on my watch, you don't".

3 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

Yeah, I don't use Inaros for anything but Hijack nowadays because he has no useful abilities and isn't even particularly hard to kill.  That death was with an Invigorated Wisp, btw.  I thought I could just face-tank everything because I got a +1000 Health, +200% Ability Strength Invigoration, but the Thrax was like, "not on my watch, you don't".

I use to have the Non prime Inaros fully skilled up using all the skills it was fun back then but I just use the Prime Inaros now for Rescues, Nightmare Mission and Toxin Lich's, for Hijack I mostly use Hildryn but sometimes Inaros seeing the enemy help with keeping his HP full lol.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Oh mighty modlord, Can you please enlighten we ignorant fools as to which mods will give a Shield based frame with 100 base Armor and 300 hp enough damage reduction to survive having all Shields and almost all Energy drained from you in an instant from a unit literally 50 meters away while surrounded by a pack of mobs?

That was sarcasm by the way. 

What WASNT sarcasm was getting hit with a magnetic proc from a Thrax literally 50 meters away:hydroid.PNG

My Hydroid is using a Parasitic Armor build, So no real big deal. 
But this happens regularly and is the reason i stopped running Shield frames on Zariman missions. Getting zapped like that while in the middle of a pack of mobs expecting to have a shield buffer keeping me alive only to suddenly have max overshields and full Energy deleted in an instant is not exactly a good time for a Shield frame or one that depends on active abilities to survive. 

That magnetic proc is absolute cancer. It needs to be deleted.  

Well Mr Lord of Sarcasm, I usually run Zariman in operator form with Umbra and my moa flanking me, and I seem to survive fine apart from the odd bursting into a small room full of enemies. Hell, even my moa hardly ever goes down, so I guess I'm just the luckiest player farming Zariman.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic too, I just watch youtubers and streamers and follow their advice

At least the OP decided not to be a sarcastic a-hole, respect for that

I was playing on SP solo as excal. Would randomly die to something every once and a while. Not sure what it was or where it was, so maybe some weird buggy thing doing too much from too far away. 

Not sure what it was, but it felt like playing Radiation on sortie with a team of 4. Just insta random death.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

The fact that things like molt and rolling guard that cleanse status effects don't work on magnetic procs makes it even worse. 

It actually can get worse lol. 
If you're engaging multiple Thrax at the same time, when you pop into Operator to kill the Ghost the other one will often use the laser on your now vacant Warframe. 
That's happened a few times to my Gyre, where i leave to zap the ghost and come back to no Shields or energy. 

Another super fun moment was fighting an Angel, going into the void phase, taking a couple of shots and then ... Death. Somehow the mobs outside were able to keep damaging my vacant frame while i was inside the angel lol. So they killed my frame which killed my Operator from inside the Angel. That was a weird experience. 
(Definitely a bug ... surely?!)

Even putting aside the potential bugginess of the proc bypassing immunities, there simply isnt a need for the Thrax units to even have the proc in the first place. 
DE went out of their way to fix the oppressiveness of the old Energy Leeches. Then immediately created a new unit and made it even more oppressive with the ability to snipe you from 50 meters away with an even more potent effect. 
The laser is easy to dodge when the Thrax does it close to you, But there is simply no counterplay to it sniping you from across the room to announce that its even on the map. I rewatched the clip i recorded to get the screenshot, the laser doesn't even render. 
I was simply fighting the angel and BAM, Magnetic proc. 

The solution is as i stated before. Delete it. 
If DE feel that the effect of the Magnetic proc is necessary to making Thrax feel dangerous, Rework the laser to drain a small percentage of Energy, Shields and Health (Lets say 10% each) per second that the beam is in contact with the Warframe.

By changing it to a sustained effect targetting both Shields and HP, the Thrax can be just as dangerous to every frame equally instead of only presenting as a threat to normal Shield or ability tank frames. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Reitrix said:

If you're engaging multiple Thrax at the same time, when you pop into Operator to kill the Ghost the other one will often use the laser on your now vacant Warframe. 
That's happened a few times to my Gyre, where i leave to zap the ghost and come back to no Shields or energy. 

Another super fun moment was fighting an Angel, going into the void phase, taking a couple of shots and then ... Death. Somehow the mobs outside were able to keep damaging my vacant frame while i was inside the angel lol. So they killed my frame which killed my Operator from inside the Angel. That was a weird experience. 

Even putting aside the potential bugginess of the proc bypassing immunities, there simply isnt a need for the Thrax units to even have the proc in the first place. 
DE went out of their way to fix the oppressiveness of the old Energy Leeches. Then immediately created a new unit and made it even more oppressive with the ability to snipe you from 50 meters away with an even more potent effect. 
The laser is easy to dodge when the Thrax does it close to you, But there is simply no counterplay to it sniping you from across the room to announce that its even on the map. I rewatched the clip i recorded to get the screenshot, the laser doesn't even render. 
I was simply fighting the angel and BAM, Magnetic proc. 

The solution is as i stated before. Delete it. 
If DE feel that the effect of the Magnetic proc is necessary to making Thrax feel dangerous, Rework the laser to drain a small percentage of Energy, Shields and Health (Lets say 10% each) per second that the beam is in contact with the Warframe.

By changing it to a sustained effect targetting both Shields and HP, the Thrax can be just as dangerous to every frame equally instead of only presenting as a threat to normal Shield or ability tank frames. 

I got a screen shot for you. You have ~1.5 seconds to get out of range of energy leech eximus aura once it is cast on you and those lines by my right knee and that purple dot on the left are the first signs that energy leech eximus aura.

The problem is you can't even see the aura when it is initially cast because your frame is blocking your view and this screen shot is several frames after it has been cast. 1.5 seconds sounds reasonable but when you factor in ping, the fact that the initial cast is barely noticeable, human reaction time and the time it take to actually get out of the way by completing a roll or jump it can be nearly unavoidable. It's even worse when you are aiming, don't have max fov, have an ephemera or syandana. 

I have trash internet where I live and can't get better, I get hit almost every single time it's cast on me if I'm not host. If I am host, everyone else is screwed. 

You're right DE went all in on mag procs this update.

bvLDLoZ.png

• Like 3

I can confirm my Volt sometimes gets oneshotted. I'm not talking about Toxin ignoring my shields here either. It happens with all factions and I'm extremely careful of Toxin because I use shield frames most of the time.

No, sometimes, like 0,01% of the cases, so not worth writing a bug report about, shield gating won't work or gets overwhelmed and my full Overshield and 1000 HP with around 600 armor buffed by Adaptation gets instantly deleted. It usually happens when there's a S#&amp;&#036;load of enemies around and it's the only case where I actually die.

As I said, it's super rare but it happens. With the Last Gasp, it's not even a problem anymore because I can self revive without losing any Affinity.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think there are two occasions on which Thrax appear to teleport next to you:

One is their charge attack, which carries them pretty far and *is* telegraphed, but can be easy to miss if you're doing stuff (fighting other enemies, for example).

The other is that they can fly when in their void form, and (not entirely sure about this) if they're trying to possess something they sometimes appear to teleport to it. When that happens (either flying or teleporting) in one of those large vertical rooms, they can spawn in a corridor above/below where you are and quickly zip out of the corridor and down/up to your level before you notice (because we can't see through the ceiling/floor :-P). Maybe I should run Zariman Mobile Def a few times to check it out, because at least one of the consoles is in a room like that, right above a door to a corridor underneath, and that's the console they always seem to teleport to.

Edited by schilds

On 2022-05-14 at 8:52 AM, Liath-Sakata said:

Being one-tapped without any telegraphing is NOT fun

Hate to break it you But If you want to have Fun then you are playing The wrong Game.... 👀

but still, casting null-star

Just so you know.... If you have an Active Ability on your Warframe it no longer Becomes Invincible during Transference....

"We have heard your Feedback and are Giving Enemies new Overguard because Reasons."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 hours ago, (NSW)Filgaia said:

Hell, even my moa hardly ever goes down, so I guess I'm just the luckiest player farming Zariman.

rng-excalibur.gif

It is what is is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10 hours ago, Reitrix said:

I had this Exact same thing happened to me during a Void Cascade.... 

I made the Decision to Leave the Recently Converted Exolizer alone to purge the one that Spawned on a Different Tile.... And things were going fine.... The Exolizer I left alone wasn't being Interfered with and I was Able to Purge the New one just fine.... Then All Of a Sudden 4 Thrax Enemies show Up Simultaneously and Gang Stomp Me Into Oblivion....

I think we've Had like 6 Hotfixes now and these Jerks are still Force Proccing Magnetic Regardless of Any Counter Measures....

I'm just going to assume That and our Syndicate Sigils Constantly Falling Off Is Intended....  🧐

Why ?

Only DE Knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it wasn't intensional then they would have Prioritised them like they Did when they Nerfed Nekros's Desecrate for doing exactly what it was Suppose to do.... 

10 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Bugs ?

In Warframe ?

IMPOSSIBLE !!! 😈

• Like 2

Those attacks are telegraphed, it is just about learning what that telegraph is. Which is quite simple for the Thrax units.

1. Shooty McThrax splits into 3 and beams you. In short, if you are squishy, find cover when you see the thrax split into 3.

2. Scythe McThrax goes ninja-Neo and dodges your shots as he advances on you. In short, move if he starts doing that, otherwise his final blow will land.

Both of those moves force magnetic procs, not sure if that is intended behavior or not. I've seen them also fully drain you of buff when that happens, like full stacks of merciless and similar things just gone as you re-enter your frame incase you were out and about when the thrax attacked your frame. Would be good if intended, since it spices things up. It also seems like the 3-beam deals massive damage and potentially ignores shield gate, since I've seen my Lavos get insta killed by them, and he practically cant die versus anything under normal circumstances. I've left him afk in SP and during PT due to phone calls, only to come back minutes later to him still sitting at full health.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Would be good if intended, since it spices things up.

hello-kitty-investigate.gif

How hardcore do you have to be that Having all your Buffs Taken away is the only thing that can Spice Things up for you ? 🧐

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Those attacks are telegraphed, it is just about learning what that telegraph is. Which is quite simple for the Thrax units.

1. Shooty McThrax splits into 3 and beams you. In short, if you are squishy, find cover when you see the thrax split into 3.

2. Scythe McThrax goes ninja-Neo and dodges your shots as he advances on you. In short, move if he starts doing that, otherwise his final blow will land.

Guessing you missed my earlier post, lol. One of the problems with Thrax and the magnetic proc in general is that while yes, the beam IS well telegraphed, thats only true if you are aware and looking at the Thrax unit performing said magnetic beam. 
Except, as i showed in my earlier screenshot, a Thrax will spawn off screen and immediately go ghost laser mode on LoS with your frame. 
I have the full clip i took the screenshot from, There was no laser. I was fighting the Angel and BAM magnetic proc, i turn and spot a small red smear in the distance, The only evidence to explain what happened. 

I dont think I've seen anyone complain about the melee move. Rolling at any point while theyre midair is enough to dodge it. 
If that alone applied the magnetic proc, i wouoldn't have any issues with Thrax. Would be my own fault for standing still for the 5 seconds it takes for him to pull it off.
But crucially, they only perform that move when they are pretty close to you. Unlike the laser, which they will regularly use as soon as they get LoS on you as i outlined above and showed in my screenshot. 

They hit hard, have Overguard, require Operator to properly kill and are quite mobile with leaps and teleports. 
There was absolutely no need for DE to also give it an even more oppressive Energy+Shield drain effect than the old map wide Leeches on top of all that. 

• Like 1