Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Visual Alternative for Sound Only Cues?

ArguablySo

32 minutes ago, EothasianBoar said:

Here's a Lua rescue and why the sound makes a huge different here. You need to hack each console to change the destination of the portal, then enter when you connect the right portal to rescue the target. Hostage in this don't automatically walk out of their cell when you open it. You need to go into the portal to rescue them. And why the "I'm just so good at hacking and open cage at random" is a lot slower process on Lua rescue.

Random hacking until you get it is actually faster on any other tileset. 

This is awesome information to have, EothasianBoar!

• 3 months later...

Rare crates also make a sound when nearby.

The Tranq Rifle makes a beeping noise when you look through it while an animal is nearby but it does not show what direction the animal is in.

Banshee's ability Silence muffles the game sound so even people who hear well could have problems with some of the issues listed in this thread. It seems weird to me that an ability should negatively affect its own user like that.

Nezha's ability Warding Halo with the Safeguard augment can be a problem to use. For other squad members it has a ui icon for safeguard halo but for npcs, pets, and defense objects, it can be an issue.

It makes an audio cue when the halo pops for any ally but if it's a friendly npc/pet/defense object then you have no idea what one. If you can't hear the audio cue at all, then you can't tell that it had even happened.

If you have your halo on a lot of things at the same time, you end up running around trying to find what exactly the halo disappeared from. This could be fixed if they added a popup that said something like "Safeguard disappeared from (Name)!" or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-09-12 at 8:09 AM, CinderSail said:

Banshee's ability Silence muffles the game sound so even people who hear well could have problems with some of the issues listed in this thread. It seems weird to me that an ability should negatively affect its own user like that.

This is true for Ivara's Prowl as well, for diegetic (in-universe) sound. Everything sounds like it's underwater or insulated, which is a neat effect when it starts, but makes it ten times harder to find caches. I don't mind it for the gunfire and such, and music cues still play normally (eg Kuva thralls, which play a two- or three-note "sting" when they spawn), but you have to be pretty much right on top of a cache to hear it "sing."

On 2022-09-12 at 8:09 AM, CinderSail said:

The Tranq Rifle makes a beeping noise when you look through it while an animal is nearby but it does not show what direction the animal is in.

Annoyingly, the beeping noise also seems to have a wider radius than the orange animal highlight. That or I'm oblivious.

The mining drill also plays a beeping/ticking noise that gets faster as you approach or turn the camera toward an ore vein, but these also show up on the minimap so unless it's under an overhang or something they're not too hard to find.

4 minutes ago, Fallowsthorn said:

This is true for Ivara's Prowl as well, for diegetic (in-universe) sound. Everything sounds like it's underwater or insulated, which is a neat effect when it starts, but makes it ten times harder to find caches. I don't mind it for the gunfire and such, and music cues still play normally (eg Kuva thralls, which play a two- or three-note "sting" when they spawn), but you have to be pretty much right on top of a cache to hear it "sing."

part of the issue is that all those notification sounds are controlled by the sound effect slider so they are affected by everything that effects sound effects. Makes it very frustrating if like me you cannot hear the tone over all the other effects.

Archived