The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Berserker Name Revealed - Sorta!

BETAOPTICS

Hey, you know what? This name was suggested in the Design Council.

PRAISED BE THE FOUNDERS

(and the one in particular who suggested Valkyrie/Valkyr/Valkyria first.)

EDIT: Brimir was the one to suggest Valkyrie first.

The grappling ability is also courtesy of the DC :P

Yes, guess what. I am also in DC but you know there are tons of abilities and names to pick from so guess what, I did not scroll trough all of them, sorry :p

I suggested the name change :)

To be fair and modest, a lot of people did as well - I was just the quickest!

A battle angel that takes your dead self to the long-hall of Valhalla looks similar/somewhat like a dragon, I wish I was a viking back then.

ikr, but you get to vote for a lot of stuff, and see them

We didnt vote for her name, people suggested the name "Valkyrie" back when DE posted a WIP of her abilities. DE said nothing about it and we discovered with you today that they decided to name her Valkyr.

Same thing for the grappling hook. Her 1 was supposed to be a crappier sonic boom at the time, and there was several pages of people suggesting the grappling hook in one form or another (alongside a crapton of other abilities). There was no vote, and DE said nothing until today.

As for seeing things, well, they get leaked to reddit in five seconds anyway.

We didnt vote for her name, people suggested the name "Valkyrie" back when DE posted a WIP of her abilities. DE said nothing about it and we discovered with you today that they decided to name her Valkyr.

Same thing for the grappling hook. Her 1 was supposed to be a crappier sonic boom at the time, and there was several pages of people suggesting the grappling hook in one form or another (alongside a crapton of other abilities). There was no vote, and DE said nothing until today.

As for seeing things, well, they get leaked to reddit in five seconds anyway.

They probably just changed the 'crappier sonic boom' to be the second ability, they only mentioned the ult and grapple in the livestream, that leaves enough space for all of the wip abilities. Anyway it's a better sonic boom, it actually could do decent damage and with damage 2.0 health might not be as weak so the negative repercussions of the ability could be less of an issue.

I would think Einherjar or some derivation there of would fit better going that route. The fallen warrior taken up Valhalla to fight and prepare for Ragnarok.

Other thoughts along that line could be Freyja herself, or the Valfreyja (Lady of the Slain). While Freyja of myth I supposed to be the most glamorous of the goddess we find this 'Valfreya' brutalized by Alad V and his Zanuka project.

Valfreyja

Valfreya

Valfriia

This would also leave room for a Val* prime being far less roughed up.

Edited by Brasten